Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL] Solo Mining - Many Coins Including The Big 3: Bitcoin Litecoin Zetacoin - page 11. (Read 38605 times)

Activity: 765
Merit: 500
Hi Tuaris, Is there a delay with Peercoin payments? It's been 5/6 days and it's still pending. My address is PLn571Md7o7vqSj4B3ntrAJvaH3qs9hDpk. Thanks Wink

Thanks for the notice.  The problem has been identified, I'm currently investigating a root cause.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hi Tuaris, Is there a delay with Peercoin payments? It's been 5/6 days and it's still pending. My address is PLn571Md7o7vqSj4B3ntrAJvaH3qs9hDpk. Thanks Wink
I've successfully altered the difficulty to a setting of my choice, using PPCoin QT version v0.4.0ppc-beta. I think i'll just stick with this client for the time being as I don't require any additional functionality that PeerUnity offers anyway.

Please do tell though if the dev team manages to fix the bug. Thanks again!

Received feedback on the bug
https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/issues/176

It's exactly as I thought.  The "magic string" was not matching correctly between the Peercoin reference and Peerunity wallets.  The reason it worked for you originally was due to my web control panel using the wrong string, just as Peerunity was.  I 'fixed' it about week later based on the reference wallet, which broke it for peerunity.
I've successfully altered the difficulty to a setting of my choice, using PPCoin QT version v0.4.0ppc-beta. I think i'll just stick with this client for the time being as I don't require any additional functionality that PeerUnity offers anyway.

Please do tell though if the dev team manages to fix the bug. Thanks again!
I think it was a week or so after you rolled out the control panel feature, I must emphasize though that it was working correctly and I was using the same client also. Hope that helps, I'll try the other Peercoin wallet and report back.

hmm I don't know what is going on.  I used Peerunity to sign messages and it also failed for me.  The interesting part is that Peerunity fails to verify a message signed by the Peercoin reference wallet, and vice-a-versa.

I'll open a bug with Peerunity to see if they can offer some assistance.

Thanks for this.

That's very strange I must admit! I hope the wallet devs can shed some light on this. I'll go try another release and report back if I encounter any issues.

Thanks again for all your hard work Smiley
I think it was a week or so after you rolled out the control panel feature, I must emphasize though that it was working correctly and I was using the same client also. Hope that helps, I'll try the other Peercoin wallet and report back.

hmm I don't know what is going on.  I used Peerunity to sign messages and it also failed for me.  The interesting part is that Peerunity fails to verify a message signed by the Peercoin reference wallet, and vice-a-versa.

I'll open a bug with Peerunity to see if they can offer some assistance.

Thanks for this.
Hi Tuaris, I'm having a problem with changing the difficulty on the control panel, It just keeps saying "Signature Verification Failed: The signature's public key was incorrect or the messages did not match". I've tried different diff. settings but it refuses to accept my signed messages. It was working fine for a while as I've successfully changed it a few times. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Not sure what may be going on.  Are you using the Peercoin Qt client to sign?
I just tested it with that and it worked.

Make sure you do not leave any spaces (or non-printable charaters) before or after the signature.  The web control panel currently does not strip them off.
Yes I'm using Peerunity v0.1.1 (QT 4.8.5) which I have used previously to sign messages using your control panel. I've checked the message to make sure that it doesn't contain spaces and it still returns an error.

I'll have a closer look at that cleint.   Could you give me an aproximation of when it stop working?  I have a feeling I know what it is, but it also makes no sense if I am right.   Undecided
Hi Tuaris, I'm having a problem with changing the difficulty on the control panel, It just keeps saying "Signature Verification Failed: The signature's public key was incorrect or the messages did not match". I've tried different diff. settings but it refuses to accept my signed messages. It was working fine for a while as I've successfully changed it a few times. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Not sure what may be going on.  Are you using the Peercoin Qt client to sign?

Make sure you do not leave any spaces (or non-printable charaters) before or after the signature.  The web control panel currently does not strip them off.
Yes I'm using Peerunity v0.1.1 (QT 4.8.5) which I have used previously to sign messages using your control panel. I've checked the message to make sure that it doesn't contain spaces and it still returns an error.

Thanks!

Not sure what may be going on.  Are you using the Peercoin Qt client to sign?

Make sure you do not leave any spaces (or non-printable charaters) before or after the signature.  The web control panel currently does not strip them off.

Thanks!
I am fairly sure this pool is a FRAUD.
I have been mining the litecoin pool and it is saying that I am getting a bunch of blocks which is obviously not true for litecoin with 5 Mh/s
So what is happening? The pool operator is using my hashpower to mine a lower difficulty coin and keeping all of it for himself.
Prove me wrong.

Please do not jump to conclusions and make an accusation like this without some due diligence.  It's comes off as being unprofessional.  Please review your miner's settings and confirm the following:

What is the command line you are using?

Litecoin is on port 3339
URL is sratum+tcp://litecoin.securepayment.cc

What is the Litecoin address you are using?

I can search the database and veryfy that you are indeed on the correct or incorrect stratum port.

Do you have backup pools setup?

Perhaps your mining client is falling back to an alternate pool and finding blocks there.

What is the message you are receiving?  

It's normal for a mining client to display "Stratum from pool 0 detected new block".  Which means a new block was detected in the network, not necessarily mined by you.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
I am fairly sure this pool is a FRAUD.
I have been mining the litecoin pool and it is saying that I am getting a bunch of blocks which is obviously not true for litecoin with 5 Mh/s
So what is happening? The pool operator is using my hashpower to mine a lower difficulty coin and keeping all of it for himself.
Prove me wrong.

Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Not sure if this was mentioned and search didn't work for me.

Question: Proper naming for 2 antminers on the same coin port with same address.
Question: If a block is pending and found by is it attached to the address or the antminer that found it. When one goes down is the block orphaned or picked up by the second one.

url:1111 -u -p x

or address only and your software will merge them?

Yes how about the multiple miners using the same address?

Question: Proper naming for 2 antminers on the same coin port with same address.
Question: If a block is pending and found by is it attached to the address or the antminer that found it. When one goes down is the block orphaned or picked up by the second one.

The pool does not care if you have 100's of antminers all using the same address.  It will treat all your found blocks as a single 'account'.

If both your antminers use the same address, it does not matter which one finds the block or if it goes offline.  Once a block is found by your miner and it's confirmed, it's yours regardless of what happens afterwards (unless there is a 51% attack on the coin's blockchain).

'Orphan' block's occur when someone else finds a better block first.  It has no relation to what you are describing here.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504

Activity: 15
I found these 2 blocks, but my wallet only shows one deposit today (7/21)

185584: 2015-07-19 02:59:33 GMT-5 | PQZLmcX7Q1ar1BKSturSCmhR3KuaEh2i3n | paid
185346: 2015-07-17 18:10:55 GMT-5 | PQZLmcX7Q1ar1BKSturSCmhR3KuaEh2i3n | paid

When I click on the block link, I get some strange page that says I broke the internet...

Peace,
J

EDIT: All There Now!

Updates are complete and the control panel is live for all pools/coins

Difficulty can be manually selected and VARDIFF can be disabled.

New values are applied instantly (may take up to 3 minutes in some cases) upon verification.

You do not need to restart your miner.

Is there still no way of manually setting the difficulty? As I think 50K is far too high for my multiple miners. I sometimes get the odd Antminer C1 receiving work at a difficulty of 17.5K which seems more efficient as it's that miner that finds the most blocks (I'm mining Peercoin by the way). Any help/advice/explanation on this is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

The front end for this feature has a security issue that I am still working through.  If you provide me (PM) a signed message with the desired difficulty, I can go ahead and manually set it.

Will do - AFK at the moment. Thanks.

Great news!  The security department has given the stamp of approval on the settings front end.  I will be deploying it to the production servers shortly.  Expect a small interruption of mining since this requires a stratum service restart.
Is there still no way of manually setting the difficulty? As I think 50K is far too high for my multiple miners. I sometimes get the odd Antminer C1 receiving work at a difficulty of 17.5K which seems more efficient as it's that miner that finds the most blocks (I'm mining Peercoin by the way). Any help/advice/explanation on this is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

The front end for this feature has a security issue that I am still working through.  If you provide me (PM) a signed message with the desired difficulty, I can go ahead and manually set it.

Will do - AFK at the moment. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: