Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 103. (Read 465668 times)

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Hey guys, after a few weeks of private alpha, followed by a few weeks of beta, I'm thrilled to announce http://wafflepool.com

Wafflepool automatically mines the most profitable alt-coin, converts the mined coins to BTC, and pays out daily.

To keep things as simple as possible, there is no registration, just point your miner to the pool with your BTC address as the username, and we do the rest!

Basic info:
Point your miner to WafflePool with your bitcoin address. Mine altcoins, get paid bitcoins
All block transaction fees are paid to miners!
Stratum for extremely low stale rate!
1% mining fee - This includes all transaction fees, and fees for converting to BTC
Automatic difficulty adjustment
No downtime when switching between profitable coins!
No registration, just point and mine!
PPLNS rewards for mining fairness

Payouts are run once daily, and automatically pay anyone with a balance of 0.01 btc.  On Sundays pay anyone with a balance of 0.001 btc.
Payouts are not at an exact time, but are typically at Noon GMT (7am EST).

So this is exactly the same as http://www.alternatepool.com ?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
The hidden coin 1 is DIMECOIN, I think. Is that right?? (Guess by TX number)
It has quark algo, but it can be mined by GPU miner at this time.

PW, finally did you make algo switching stratum? Maybe, it's right, this is an amazing feature in multipool.
Heh, no.  The first hidden coin starts with an E =).

An algo switching pool would require miners to upgrade their client side software as well.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
The hidden coin 1 is DIMECOIN, I think. Is that right?? (Guess by TX number)
It has quark algo, but it can be mined by GPU miner at this time.

PW, finally did you make algo switching stratum? Maybe, it's right, this is an amazing feature in multipool.

Thanks.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi all,

I have updated the open-source app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.whatnick.wafflewatcher) with a couple of features.

* BTC Qr scanning via ZXing
* Caching and graphing of earnings (currently data is cached in a diskLRUCache, suggestions on doing it better welcome)
* Added a screen to notify that the app is widget only and needs to be added to the home screen.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/F-4HoAjx3L0C_ES8lbWXt3Ov4n7pa_xWXFD_cxwRRso-uZOjvVzLc436ojaGCCyP=h900
https://lh4.ggpht.com/i1gUeM8_sKtqUD8rJ7WmXfMaf49xjjyTaBOLICRyNAXOx4dzp6N_qf5H2OSEtbvZSj4=h900

Still to come:

* Worker/Miner/Pool down alerts for the DDoS days or Power outages or Cards burning up. Often there is nothing a powerless miner can do but it is good to know.
* Support for multiple workers/ target addresses. The app was developed as a self-learning project to monitor my small rig. I don't actually have multiple workers/target addresses, but the app should support them.

As usual contributions is code/comments/BTC welcome to keep me motivated.

Cheers,

whatnick.
Activity: 55
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Hey man It has been showing me payouts on your stats page but I am not getting them in my wallet, can you help please? Here is the address:
181qZdfRdvxLq7pg4uByuvkWopjB92Kzss

Best I can say is to resync your wallet.  All of our payouts have been confirmed and are fine (I would have heard a lot more bitching by now if they weren't).  Every time I hear someone say they're not showing up, a resync fixes it (or using a different wallet)
Activity: 55
WP

Hey man It has been showing me payouts on your stats page but I am not getting them in my wallet, can you help please? Here is the address:

181qZdfRdvxLq7pg4uByuvkWopjB92Kzss

Activity: 23
I found a small bug that spoils the new coins Smiley

I'm an idiot (figures I'd miss an obvious spot).  Its fixed Smiley

Nice, I am a programmer myself, I know how that goes  Cool

I'm an idiot (figures I'd miss an obvious spot).  Its fixed Smiley
Why is the Amsterdam (eu.wafflepool.com) server not located in Amsterdam but France?
http://whois.domaintools.com/176.31.126.201

Whoops.  Because during the DDOS's we added boxes at new hosts, and I never changed the location listed Smiley  Will be fixed in a few minutes.

Check! Too bad that you moved from Amsterdam to France  Sad (I am a dutch man  Wink)
Onward to the more exciting stuff:
I've added a few new coins, and some logic for handling new coins.  I've noticed in the past, as soon as we add a new coin, other pools jump on it almost immediately, as we publish data about which coins we're mining.  And as soon as all the other pools jump on it, that coin gets a bit diluted, and while it still might be profitable, its less profitable.  So, in an attempt to squeeze the most out of "fresh" coins, they'll be listed across the site as "hidden" for the first [undetermined] number of days.  As soon as their profitability drops (natural or added to other pools), I'll set them to non-hidden, and all the data will be available.  We've always tried to provide the most transparency of all of the pools, and while this hides some information in the short term, ideally it boosts profitability during that time, with full transparency afterwards.  As of now, we're mining 2 new "hidden" coins Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/vb6B3Nc.png
Why is the Amsterdam (eu.wafflepool.com) server not located in Amsterdam but France?

Whoops.  Because during the DDOS's we added boxes at new hosts, and I never changed the location listed Smiley  Will be fixed in a few minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Awesome Job,

Happy miner here, never any problems hope you keep adding coins so the prof can keep going up now sometimes i have to switch
to old skool mining would be easyer if its all here Wink

Keep up the great Job!!!
pw, and what to do if the total efficiency Litecoin more. Goes underestimate the effect and increase the complexity by Litecoin?!

I'm not sure what you mean (wording is confusing)?  Can you re-phrase the question?
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
pw, and what to do if the total efficiency Litecoin more. Goes underestimate the effect and increase the complexity by Litecoin?!

thanks for the great job!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Awesome update, PoolWaffle.  Saw the hidden coins first, smiled, and came here to read your post.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
PW: You are doing a phenomenal job.  Thank you!
@poolwaffle
Mooncoin wallet upgrade to 1.862.1 to fix exploit of KGW  ... PLZ upgrade to new wallet, hardfork at block 67500 I think it was.  From what I read this exploit affects all KGW coins.

I appreciate the notice, but we haven't been mining mooncoin for a while, they've been delisted from most major exchanges.  They're currently disabled, if something changes I'll upgrade the daemon, resync, and enable Smiley

Again where the hell is PW?Huh?

Lets see..  Since raising his fee to 2%

1.  He has disappeared (Reminds me of the OP of Middlecoin)

2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?

3.  Avg BTC per MH's is 0.003 HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

1) Its been a whole 48hrs, and I've been on IRC a decent bit of that Smiley  I was on a 10hr flight, and had some sleep-catchup to do.

2) About half our hashrate comes from one user (see any of the 30+ posts in this thread), he can choose which pool he wants to be on.

3) Yep, we had a really shitty luck-day.  Really can't say much more than that...

Onward to the more exciting stuff:
I've added a few new coins, and some logic for handling new coins.  I've noticed in the past, as soon as we add a new coin, other pools jump on it almost immediately, as we publish data about which coins we're mining.  And as soon as all the other pools jump on it, that coin gets a bit diluted, and while it still might be profitable, its less profitable.  So, in an attempt to squeeze the most out of "fresh" coins, they'll be listed across the site as "hidden" for the first [undetermined] number of days.  As soon as their profitability drops (natural or added to other pools), I'll set them to non-hidden, and all the data will be available.  We've always tried to provide the most transparency of all of the pools, and while this hides some information in the short term, ideally it boosts profitability during that time, with full transparency afterwards.  As of now, we're mining 2 new "hidden" coins Smiley

We've added support for an (almost) fully-automated exchange, which should let us mine new coins (see above), and also split some of our selling of major coins (LTC, DOGE, etc) to multiple exchanges, to get the best prices.  While each exchange is slightly different, almost none of them allow for automated withdrawals (understandable), so for now we need to manually withdraw funds, which can delay/impact payments.  The good news is that we're doing a relatively small amount of our exchanging through the new exchange, and the bump to 2% fees lets us be significantly more resistant to any delays (hooray!).

We've tweaked our switcher a good bit.  For smaller coins (read: under ~20 difficulty), we switch segments of the pool for mining, rather than the entire pool in an attempt both to not blow-out the coin, and to not compete with ourselves.  A good example of this, block-propagation time from USEast to SEAsia is about 600ms, and if we switched the whole pool (currently 24ghs) to a small coin (example 15 difficulty), we have an average block time of 2500ms.  We'd be finding blocks on our USE cluster before we knew we found one from our SEA cluster.  Switching parts of the pool avoids this problem by limiting our hashrate, as well as limiting competing clusters.  The first piece of that however (limiting hashrate) is based on selecting for ideal hashrate per coin, saying "I want X hashrate on coin1, Y hashrate on coin2".  Because difficulties of coins are always changing (KGW, et al), and hashrates per cluster/server are always changing, we could get in situations where it would "thrash" (keep switching between two) a set of servers between two coins.  This should be fixed in our new switcher.

Slightly long-term (maybe a week or so?), we're spooling up a new box for our database, which should speed it up by an absurd amount (we've outgrown our current master DB).  The cutover to the new database will entail a small amount of downtime (up to an hour), and will be announced significantly ahead of time (a day or so), both here, and on the header of the website.

Sorry for the long, drawn-out post, but figured I'd explain everything that went into the changes, rather than leave something out Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the info JHammer & jedimstr

Smiley
Jump to: