Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 104. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hi!

My miner was offline for about 2 weeks now. I read about the DDOS attack when miners have been redirected and didn't mine on WP. Before i start mining on WP again i've got some questions: Is that DDOS-bug fixed? I still use CGMiner 3.7.2

In general is it still worth mining on WP? The daily average is around 0.005BTC/MH sometimes less.

Thanks ... Smiley

The hijacking of miners and the DDOS attacks were two separate attacks and both were occuring across multiple pools, not just WP.

Secondly a DDOS attack is NOT a bug and is not easily "fixed".  You can find ways to alleviate it, or prevent it... it's an attack not a bug (though a bug can be used to exploit a weakness, that wasn't the case here).
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hi!

My miner was offline for about 2 weeks now. I read about the DDOS attack when miners have been redirected and didn't mine on WP. Before i start mining on WP again i've got some questions: Is that DDOS-bug fixed? I still use CGMiner 3.7.2

In general is it still worth mining on WP? The daily average is around 0.005BTC/MH sometimes less.

Thanks ... Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Hi!

Thanks ... Smiley
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I think WP will have to increase fee to 3% eventually. Most of the Multipools go 3% or more today. As more ASICS on the network as more fees for low end pools. You can see that Mhash/hour was going down since the beginning of March. I hope it will balance and start going back up soon. But I think this may not happen because of the ASICS start entering the network. We may not know yet but KnC may already be mining with prototypes like they are known of doing - mining with customers ASICS and then when rate is down to crap they finally send those used miners with all kinds of excuses.
Activity: 413
Again where the hell is PW?Huh?

Lets see..  Since raising his fee to 2%

1.  He has disappeared (Reminds me of the OP of Middlecoin)

2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?

3.  Avg BTC per MH's is 0.003 HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

WTF?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

It is scientifically proven that worrying about short-term variance is harmful to health. Just forget about it, come back tomorrow, take a look at the five day average and decide if you still want to yell at PW.

Actually this is the part that has me MOST concerned....

"2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?"

He is back down to the level when he was getting DDOS'ed

You guys haven't figured it out yet? Half his hashrate = 1 big miner in China. Whenever he switches pools, that pool instantly loses 15GH/s or so. Actually, if you keep an eye on it, he seems to switch to the more profitable pool every couple of days...

http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp

Lets see..  Since raising his fee to 2%

1.  He has disappeared (Reminds me of the OP of Middlecoin)

2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?

3.  Avg BTC per MH's is 0.003 HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

It is scientifically proven that worrying about short-term variance is harmful to health. Just forget about it, come back tomorrow, take a look at the five day average and decide if you still want to yell at PW.

Actually this is the part that has me MOST concerned....

"2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?"

He is back down to the level when he was getting DDOS'ed
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Lets see..  Since raising his fee to 2%

1.  He has disappeared (Reminds me of the OP of Middlecoin)

2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?

3.  Avg BTC per MH's is 0.003 HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Lets see..  Since raising his fee to 2%

1.  He has disappeared (Reminds me of the OP of Middlecoin)

2.  Half his miners(Hasrate) is gone?

3.  Avg BTC per MH's is 0.003 HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Activity: 413
New Waffle Widget Update!

Thanks for that - some feedback:
1) it displays as a 4x1 bar but only uses 2x1 - either make it 2x1 or use the extra space for something Smiley
2) it's name is "a waffle widget" which means that it is shown under "a" rather than "w" which is where I was looking for it in my alphabetically arranged widgets
3) it would be good to have the worker stats...
4) could it change colour based on thresholds so you get a visual cue if the hash rate drops below X?
5) my confirmed is currently showing as 7.95E-4 which isn't the same format as U: 0.007731 even though there is the space...

Thanks very much for sharing this Smiley

Miles

- I changed it to 2x1 in the latest update and it shows like that on my tablet and in the emulator. However, it's still 4x2 on my phone. I can re size it on the phone, but I'll have to look into this further.
- Name changed to remove the "A"
- Setup a Target Rate option - the hashrate will turn Red if you rate is below that. I will change it to have Green/Yellow/Red probably based on a percentage
- Scientific notation should be fixed.  

Could you add GBP as payment amounts as well for us in the UK

This has now been added along with several other currencies

I will be looking into implementing an option to view the balances in mBTC and customize text and background colors. .
Medium term, I'll look into caching the hashrate to create some graphs. Maybe as a background in the widget.  Eventually I'll get to multiple workers - not a priority since I only have one worker Smiley

Cheers everyone and thanks for the feedback so far!

Why is our BTC / 1MH in the Toilet today???  I mean its deep shit in the toilet...

It's called variance + being barely 1/3 into the day.

Don't think so.. Then why the last 2 weeks it starts in the high 5 and 6 range and then slowly goes down over the day..

Please don't answer if you don't know what your talking about..
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Why is our BTC / 1MH in the Toilet today???  I mean its deep shit in the toilet...

It's called variance + being barely 1/3 into the day.
Activity: 52
Why is Clever Mining Kicking our ass?   

--
when i was at clevermining, I did calculations based on the actual hours/btc paid.  The per-hour payout was much lower than the numbers listed on clever's daily btc payout.

i get higher payouts and more accurate numbers here. fwiw.

I would normally agree, but today seems really bad for WP.
Activity: 5

--
when i was at clevermining, I did calculations based on the actual hours/btc paid.  The per-hour payout was much lower than the numbers listed on clever's daily btc payout.

i get higher payouts and more accurate numbers here. fwiw.
Activity: 630
@poolwaffle
Mooncoin wallet upgrade to 1.862.1 to fix exploit of KGW  ... PLZ upgrade to new wallet, hardfork at block 67500 I think it was.  From what I read this exploit affects all KGW coins.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmoon-mooncoin-you-know-where-its-headed-kgw-exploit-fixed-432014-389403

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/regarding-auroracoin-tw-exploit-fix-included-552895
Activity: 55
Missing payments? 

Can someone help me out here before I panic Smiley

I have a couple of payments which are showing up in the "details" but haven't shown up in my wallet which is reporting that it is synchronised with the net:

2014-04-01 08:50:24   0.01733143   02dfa6cbcc43eedb627322b38c93e7d1801cc3cfa7a363257795ff6cb24fd4fb
2014-03-31 18:30:45   0.01372869   ecb3ef699145d32c3b09b91e286e27fab340295b19c1c0a571dfaecf3cc02e4d

Given that I have a payment from today I assume that the payment engine isn't stuck so where are these two payments?

Many thanks

Miles

Please run a resync on your wallet.  Both were broadcast successfully and confirmed on the network.  If your wallet isn't showing them, its likely a wallet issue (normally fixed with a resync, or a new wallet)
https://blockchain.info/tx/02dfa6cbcc43eedb627322b38c93e7d1801cc3cfa7a363257795ff6cb24fd4fb
https://blockchain.info/tx/ecb3ef699145d32c3b09b91e286e27fab340295b19c1c0a571dfaecf3cc02e4d
Sorted, thanks Smiley
Activity: 180
Merit: 1003
Site statistics does not work?
or is it just me?

You can try www.wafflepoolmonitor.com for graphs.

And what does PW have going on to make WP better?

CM's returns have been slightly below WP for the last 4 days, so not sure what you're talking about.

You can read back in this thread about some of the many potential projects PoolWaffle has planned.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242

Activity: 700

CM's returns have been slightly below WP for the last 4 days, so not sure what you're talking about.

You can read back in this thread about some of the many potential projects PoolWaffle has planned.

Jump to: