Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 145. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Its like hes talking english, but i've suddenly got dyslexia..
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
pw, 3 Gh work for mining.

think maybe we should have our share of workers on the cards and workers on the ASIC. For the development of the pool will be the short time necessary to, for example Vertcoin (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242).

PS became very cautious and go on about the major workers.

I don't know what you're saying...
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
pw, 3 Gh work for mining.

think maybe we should have our share of workers on the cards and workers on the ASIC. For the development of the pool will be the short time necessary to, for example Vertcoin (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242).

PS became very cautious and go on about the major workers.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Seems to me if we throw 30+ GHs at it occasionally could get avg time to block down quite a bit.
Only exchange I am using at moment is coinedup.com 1% fee
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
GPUs GAME OVER

<0.005 BTC/Day/Mh

GOOD BYE
Activity: 630
I say again what about auroracoin (AUR) ...

Stats from multipool.us

Pool Hash Rate   356.096 Mh/s
Pool Efficiency (10 minute)   100.00%
Avg. Profit (last 30 blocks)   0.02074154 BTC/MH/day
Avg. Luck (last 30 blocks)   388.49%
Block Stale Rate (4h/24h)   0.00%/0.00%
Current Users Mining   280
Current Block   5,096
Current Difficulty   2892.53
Total AUR Paid   8,073
Last Block Found   5,093
Avg. Time To Find Block   10 Hours 41 Minutes
Time Since Last Block   2 Hours 30 Minutes
Current Round Shares   162626880*
Current Round Luck   116.56%
pw, Fluttercoin (FLT)
Network Hashrate: 2.00 GH/s
Block Reward: 5,500.00
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/fluttercoin

Poloniex has a total of 0.31btc depth.  Mintpal has a total of (approx) 1.5btc depth.  We could mine it for like 15min.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
pw, Fluttercoin (FLT)
Network Hashrate: 2.00 GH/s
Block Reward: 5,500.00
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/fluttercoin
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
noticed my hash rate dropped to zero, mining on both uswest & useast with failovers to both plus other pools.  Checked both machines to see each is saying:

Connected to 206.223.224.225 diff 1.02K
going to try restarting sgminer (BAMT), see if that fixes it...no ideas why or what happened.

edit: stopping & restarting fixed it, for now.
Activity: 506
I'm getting TONS of duplicate shares. What's the cause?, I didn't see that on other pools.

This can be caused by cgminer inadvertently mining two different coins at the same time, as it only maintains one block table internally.

But this would only occur if you are not receiving enough work from your active (and in most cases primary) server, and you have backup servers configured, and you have not specified the FAILOVER-ONLY option -- as cgminer by default will send some work to backup pools in an attempt to keep maximize efficiency when the active server is unable to provide enough work to maximize your hashing efficiency.  But if that backup server is mining a different coin, and even wafflepool's various servers are not mining the same coin at the same time, then that internal table will become corrupted and cgminer will often produce duplicate shares as a result.  (Or it could also result from quotas causing same, but very few people actually try to use them so I doubt this would be relevant.)

poolwaffle is looking into a server efficiency issue right now, and based upon his past performance, he will very likely have a solution very soon.

poolwaffle, may I suggest that you try to determine if there is a correlation between the times people say they are witnessing these idle periods and the times we actually solve a block and submit it to a blockchain?  As it could be very well be the same issue you noticed with the old server code wearing a different mask.  e.g. solved block gets submitted to blockchain and everything stalls until it provides us with more work.  If that is the case, perhaps provide us with work for a different coin in the meantime?

It seems unlikely, in fact we fixed the issue that was giving us duplicate shares on the old system (we're seeing almost none now).  Some users I've seen however submit nonstop duplicate shares (literally 100%) even minutes after new work has been given (and _many_ new works given).  Leading me to believe its just a very misconfigured miner.

fabrizziop, what % are you seeing of duplicate shares, and how often?

One thing I'm working through with someone else seeing their miner stall out, is with the new stratum servers we re-send the same work request after 30 seconds (some miners were disconnecting/reconnecting if they didn't hear from the server in 30 seconds - not sure why).  This fixed things in testing, but it might be causing issues with other miners we hadn't tested.  I've got a patch here that may fix it, but don't want to launch a new stratum immediately before going to bed, so it will go in in the morning and we'll see what that changes Smiley

I saw about 30-40% duplicate shares, happens in random periods.
Activity: 55
how do you determine if you have duplicate shares?
Activity: 700
USWest server just hiccuped, it appears.  Was not responding for about 30 seconds.  Seems fine now, however.
I'm getting TONS of duplicate shares. What's the cause?, I didn't see that on other pools.

This can be caused by cgminer inadvertently mining two different coins at the same time, as it only maintains one block table internally.

But this would only occur if you are not receiving enough work from your active (and in most cases primary) server, and you have backup servers configured, and you have not specified the FAILOVER-ONLY option -- as cgminer by default will send some work to backup pools in an attempt to keep maximize efficiency when the active server is unable to provide enough work to maximize your hashing efficiency.  But if that backup server is mining a different coin, and even wafflepool's various servers are not mining the same coin at the same time, then that internal table will become corrupted and cgminer will often produce duplicate shares as a result.  (Or it could also result from quotas causing same, but very few people actually try to use them so I doubt this would be relevant.)

poolwaffle is looking into a server efficiency issue right now, and based upon his past performance, he will very likely have a solution very soon.

poolwaffle, may I suggest that you try to determine if there is a correlation between the times people say they are witnessing these idle periods and the times we actually solve a block and submit it to a blockchain?  As it could be very well be the same issue you noticed with the old server code wearing a different mask.  e.g. solved block gets submitted to blockchain and everything stalls until it provides us with more work.  If that is the case, perhaps provide us with work for a different coin in the meantime?

It seems unlikely, in fact we fixed the issue that was giving us duplicate shares on the old system (we're seeing almost none now).  Some users I've seen however submit nonstop duplicate shares (literally 100%) even minutes after new work has been given (and _many_ new works given).  Leading me to believe its just a very misconfigured miner.

fabrizziop, what % are you seeing of duplicate shares, and how often?

One thing I'm working through with someone else seeing their miner stall out, is with the new stratum servers we re-send the same work request after 30 seconds (some miners were disconnecting/reconnecting if they didn't hear from the server in 30 seconds - not sure why).  This fixed things in testing, but it might be causing issues with other miners we hadn't tested.  I've got a patch here that may fix it, but don't want to launch a new stratum immediately before going to bed, so it will go in in the morning and we'll see what that changes Smiley
Activity: 168

poolwaffle, may I suggest that you try to determine if there is a correlation between the times people say they are witnessing these idle periods and the times we actually solve a block and submit it to a blockchain?  As it could be very well be the same or similar to the issue you noticed with the old server code but wearing a different mask.  e.g. solved block gets submitted to blockchain and everything stalls until it provides us with more work.  If that is the case, perhaps provide us with work for a different coin in the meantime?  
Activity: 196

Dont think so, by the name of some of them, they might be gridseeds, or the new ones from alpha-t  with 90 mh/s
Activity: 168
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
Activity: 9
The shibes are having an apoplectic fit at the moment.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/210ec6/oh_look_a_pool_is_at_almost_50_of_hash_where_is/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/210fwh/wafflepool_is_almost_in_position_for_51_attack_on/

If you could reassure them that we don't dump our entire hashrate on a single coin it would help stop misinformation spreading.
Activity: 506
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Thanks Guys for your quick Replies..
Jump to: