Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 35. (Read 465675 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Yes thanks for the warning... temporarily switched back to x11 as well.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
NP Smiley I'm off to mining Diamondcoin (groestl) Solo until X13 safe to mine again.
Activity: 47
I advise all on X13 to discontinue until PW fixes wallet for Judgecoin ... profit is now imaginary if we are forked ...

Ouch may be a lot of orphans Sad
judgecoin    500.00019705    43,000.01474863    0.55245019

Thanks for the heads up... back to X11 for now
I advise all on X13 to discontinue until PW fixes wallet for Judgecoin ... profit is now imaginary if we are forked ...

Ouch may be a lot of orphans Sad
judgecoin    500.00019705    43,000.01474863    0.55245019
@PW
Hi,

This is Judge Crypto... the Judge Coin wallet forked at block 6000 to fix a PoS issue.  Please update your wallet ASAP.

Thanks!

Judge Crypto
NOTICE!

*** HARD FORK OCCURED AT BLOCK 6000 Coming that FIXED STAKING ISSUE.  YOU MUST BE RUNNING v1.1.0 of WALLET OR YOU MAY LOSE COINS

Wafflepool and Trademybit are on the wrong fork....

If you are pointing your hash at them you will not get credit for your coins as you are on the wrong fork.

I posted messages to both pools.  If anyone is mining with them ask them to update their wallets Smiley
Activity: 36
I run my rigs on Ubuntu. I have a lot of professional IT experience, some of which is as a Unix admin so I am very comfortable mining on this platform. Probably not what I'd recommend to non-technical people though. The hardest thing I find is just keeping up with the many many forks of the mining software and which fork can mine which algo. This is easily what I spend most of my time researching. Getting the rigs up and running and kept patched or updated doesn't take much of my time. I did struggle a bit with my very first builds mostly because it was not easy initially to figure out the package dependencies to get the rigs up and running. It certainly would have been much easier on Windows.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi,

This is Judge Crypto... the Judge Coin wallet forked at block 6000 to fix a PoS issue.  Please update your wallet ASAP.

Thanks!

Judge Crypto
Activity: 57
Btw, I see many ppl assume that everybody is mining on *nix systems. Why? windows works good enough, no driver hassle, cgwatcher friendly, easy to upgrade. Is it just because of a need for a hdd and some more ram?

I can't speak for "everybody", but I used to run a ~ 50/50 Windows/Linux farm and got rid of most of the Windows machines. To me the ability to compile mining software and remote access (try connecting to a Windows box from a phone when all you have is GPRS) are the two major reasons to use Linux. Other issues with Windows - cost of an SSD vs a USB stick, license cost, activation hassle. The only advantage of Windows that I can think of is the ability to overclock NVIDIA cards.

Having said that, for one or two rigs Windows is fine. It just doesn't scale well.

good points, however in my case the license is not a problem and I don;t see why you require an SSD. Old hdd lying around work without any problem. Some of my old rigs even have 40gb ide harddisks in them and the new ones have anything from 80GB to 250GB. remote access works great in windows too with tightvnc, but I must confess I haven't seen gprs in a while:)

For me the ability to compile my own miners is of no consequence, I prefer to mine as hassle free as possible and not experiment the shit out of my rigs (software wise). I just download things that work for other ppl and are deemed safe. I prefer the use of cgwatcher/cgremote for my amd rigs and my own remote watcher for nvidia rigs. Plus, I VERY rarely need to connect to my systems. They all have Rpi resetters if they freeze (happens once every 2-3 days with sapphire trix 290s, never with sapphire ref. cards) and for the rest cgwatcher does its job.

lurking around forums for a while reveals that most problems users have is with *nix rigs. I presume that they work great after being set up but appear to be resilient to change Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Btw, I see many ppl assume that everybody is mining on *nix systems. Why? windows works good enough, no driver hassle, cgwatcher friendly, easy to upgrade. Is it just because of a need for a hdd and some more ram?

I can't speak for "everybody", but I used to run a ~ 50/50 Windows/Linux farm and got rid of most of the Windows machines. To me the ability to compile mining software and remote access (try connecting to a Windows box from a phone when all you have is GPRS) are the two major reasons to use Linux. Other issues with Windows - cost of an SSD vs a USB stick, license cost, activation hassle. The only advantage of Windows that I can think of is the ability to overclock NVIDIA cards.

Having said that, for one or two rigs Windows is fine. It just doesn't scale well.
Activity: 126

*nix is free.

Are you running any Windows XP machines? If so, I might consider the switch, as I have XP licenses I am no longer using.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Profit is really low lately...

Huh? Compared to?
No kidding jump on X13 right now Smiley u cant expect PW to do it all use your head Smiley

Shit looks like I need to get on X13 now huh....

from x11 to x13 it just takes less than a minute to reconfigure everything. Almost all x11 settings work out of the box, it uses the same sgminer, a readily available kernel and likes the same graphic card drivers. Hell, it took just 10 seconds to restart cgwatcher with the another batch file.  Where is the problem?

You should know better to assume that one size fits all in the mining world. I've been lax myself in getting X13 configured, as my attempts to use even the latest release of SGminer 5, compiled by nicehash was met with cards not recognized at all when launching. I finally settled on a 4.1 version that was modded for x13 and x11 that did indeed work and I'm moving over now. No idea why I cannot use the release compiled by nicehash, and a few others, but I suppose I should compile myself.

Updating 50 rigs isn't a quick task, but it's usually worthwhile, and I'm on 12 of 50 so far. Smiley  I just need to go back and figure out why SGminer 5.0 won't work for me, perplexing to say the least, as I don't see a similar issue from others.. I get a "clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable" error when I launch, and it isn't a driver issue, as the machine mines just fine with other versions.

Just hoping Xn takes us through the summer! Smiley

Fair enough, I shouldn;t have assumed that. However, from all the switches we had to make, x11 --> x13 is by far the easiest. While I don;t have as many rigs as you do, all our 290s systems required just the new X13 kernel. Same 4.2.1 sgminer, same drivers, no config change.

I used to use only windows until one day when it decided to hate me, switched to BAMT and never looked back.  But everyone is different.

Huh? Compared to?
No kidding jump on X13 right now Smiley u cant expect PW to do it all use your head Smiley

from x11 to x13 it just takes less than a minute to reconfigure everything. Almost all x11 settings work out of the box, it uses the same sgminer, a readily available kernel and likes the same graphic card drivers. Hell, it took just 10 seconds to restart cgwatcher with the another batch file.  Where is the problem?

You should know better to assume that one size fits all in the mining world. I've been lax myself in getting X13 configured, as my attempts to use even the latest release of SGminer 5, compiled by nicehash was met with cards not recognized at all when launching. I finally settled on a 4.1 version that was modded for x13 and x11 that did indeed work and I'm moving over now. No idea why I cannot use the release compiled by nicehash, and a few others, but I suppose I should compile myself.

Updating 50 rigs isn't a quick task, but it's usually worthwhile, and I'm on 12 of 50 so far. Smiley  I just need to go back and figure out why SGminer 5.0 won't work for me, perplexing to say the least, as I don't see a similar issue from others.. I get a "clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable" error when I launch, and it isn't a driver issue, as the machine mines just fine with other versions.

Fair enough, I shouldn;t have assumed that. However, from all the switches we had to make, x11 --> x13 is by far the easiest. While I don;t have as many rigs as you do, all our 290s systems required just the new X13 kernel. Same 4.1.0 sgminer, same drivers, no config change.

Activity: 126

I am using Ubuntu with Sgminer. I have been mining x11, and tried to switch to x13. I changed the kernal from x11mod to x13mod, and get the following error when running sgminer:

[10:03:21] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[10:03:21] "/tmp/OCLNNs6JC.cl", line 885: error: identifier "buf" is undefined
          INPUT_BIG;
          ^

"/tmp/OCLNNs6JC.cl", line 885: error: a value of type
          "const __constant sph_u32 *" cannot be assigned to an entity of type
          "const sph
hi every one, first timer on wafflepool

i just swithc from scrypt 2 days ago to x11 and i notice (if im correct) that x13 is more profitable than x11, i calculate this base on btc/mh/day on the two algoritms for the last 7days.

I open up a excel and put all 7 days profit from both and multiply by my own Mhash on both algos, but just realize i dont need to do the math, as the "vsLTC:" already does all the math right?

so can i assume i can launch my batchfile (one x11 other x13) depending the trending?
Last 2 days x13 vsLTC is way higher than x11 so can i just switch base on that every few days, or there is a better way, even a automatic way?

Also, as im new to x13 (3 hours  Grin) is the best parameters the same as x11?
Yes, most settings will transfer over to x13 from x11. All I changed was the port and  but I did have to update my miner to sgminer 5.

Huh? Compared to?

Activity: 4
hi every one, first timer on wafflepool

i just swithc from scrypt 2 days ago to x11 and i notice (if im correct) that x13 is more profitable than x11, i calculate this base on btc/mh/day on the two algoritms for the last 7days.

I open up a excel and put all 7 days profit from both and multiply by my own Mhash on both algos, but just realize i dont need to do the math, as the "vsLTC:" already does all the math right?

so can i assume i can launch my batchfile (one x11 other x13) depending the trending?
Last 2 days x13 vsLTC is way higher than x11 so can i just switch base on that every few days, or there is a better way, even a automatic way?

Also, as im new to x13 (3 hours  Grin) is the best parameters the same as x11?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Huh? Compared to?

Me being lazy. Got all rejects without sgminer 5 on 14 .6 drivers. In the process of switching my bamt rigs now.
Plus I was on Girino's mod, which was working great, so x13 wasn't quite ready out of the box.

For what it's worth, I replaced some of my BAMT rigs with PIMP ("experimental version") - horrible name but seems to be working ok with 14.6 and the "optimized" X11 sgminer. 4+ MH/s X11 on 280X, probably can be tuned even better. Did not yet try X13 though.

Huh? Compared to?

Me being lazy. Got all rejects without sgminer 5 on 14 .6 drivers. In the process of switching my bamt rigs now.
Plus I was on Girino's mod, which was working great, so x13 wasn't quite ready out of the box.

Huh? Compared to?

Huh? Compared to?

Pages:
Jump to: