Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 38. (Read 465675 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Just as I thought ... MAIAcoin a massive scam, dev will not respond to me yet he posted on another subject just prior to and after my post:
@mammix2
Quote from: utahjohn on July 03, 2014, 07:23:14 PM
Question to Dev:  Why are blocks of 500 even being accepted by the blockchain? They should be rejected, blocks are 505. Huh  What's to stop a disreputable pool op from making blocks 1000 or even more as long as the Foundation fee is paid in the block Huh  And worse yet a modified client solo mining Huh
I think you had better release a fixed wallet that rejects blocks not 505 coins, and a "clean" blockchain.
This is a serious exploit potential ... Too bad for those who mined the 500 blocks LOL. (Including me in the beginning!)
I'm switching my miners back to X13 wafflepool ...
I'm seeing a massive sell-off on bittrex and price is dropping steadily.
F'it I'm dumping mine too Sad
I got out safely and converted to BTC ... @.000039 price now .000029 and still falling ....

yep i made small profits and got left with 100 or so, will see if it raises for a second or not.
either way as usual ended up as scam. i dont get why peopel dont mine SIS enought - 0 premine x11 coin with cool dev.
Activity: 630
Just as I thought ... MAIAcoin a massive scam, dev will not respond to me yet he posted on another subject just prior to and after my post:
@mammix2
Quote from: utahjohn on July 03, 2014, 07:23:14 PM
Question to Dev:  Why are blocks of 500 even being accepted by the blockchain? They should be rejected, blocks are 505. Huh  What's to stop a disreputable pool op from making blocks 1000 or even more as long as the Foundation fee is paid in the block Huh  And worse yet a modified client solo mining Huh
I think you had better release a fixed wallet that rejects blocks not 505 coins, and a "clean" blockchain.
This is a serious exploit potential ... Too bad for those who mined the 500 blocks LOL. (Including me in the beginning!)
I'm switching my miners back to X13 wafflepool ...
I'm seeing a massive sell-off on bittrex and price is dropping steadily.
F'it I'm dumping mine too Sad
I got out safely and converted to BTC ... @.000039 price now .000029 and still falling ....
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
@PW
Are there any "watchdog's" in place to catch such situations as the flatline issue where block scoring got hung?

Yep, added a couple extra alerts.  Essentially any time something breaks, it gets fixed and an alert gets added for it, so if it happens again it will get handled quickly.

Unfortunately, its rare that things break in the same place (mostly because once they're fixed they don't tend to happen again)
@PW
Are there any "watchdog's" in place to catch such situations as the flatline issue where block scoring got hung?
@PW

My rig on x11 seems to go dead now on aprox same time everyday, usually around 19:30-20:00 server time? then i need to do a reboot to get it going again, started like this yesterday else it worked fine , did you do some changes to x11 yesterday that could explain this?

Nope, X11 hasn't been touched in a few days (and then only to add/remove coins).
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
@PW

My rig on x11 seems to go dead now on aprox same time everyday, usually around 19:30-20:00 server time? then i need to do a reboot to get it going again, started like this yesterday else it worked fine , did you do some changes to x11 yesterday that could explain this?
I have to agree, I don't like seeing pay of 0 in earnings log, If it's dust amounts at 16 digits decimal just do not display the 0 at all.  I assume the dust amount is still credited to earnings.

Yep, everything is credited at 16 digits, except payouts which are at 8 digit (since thats all that the coins allow).  I'll see what I can do to make them cleaner to see though (maybe mark them as "dust", or just round them to 0.00000001)
I have to agree, I don't like seeing pay of 0 in earnings log, If it's dust amounts at 16 digits decimal just do not display the 0 at all.  I assume the dust amount is still credited to earnings.
Again just noticed this on the earnings log:

Earnings Log
Time                                  Coin                 Amount             BTC
     cryptcoin            0.00243095    0.00000090
     survivorcoin    0.00007533    0.00000000
     fractalcoin            0.00091169    0.00000024

Question: Is the total under amount individual miner coin amount or overall pool amount?

and next observance is the profitability of survivorcoin again, 0.00000000  for 6 minutes? Really?

regardless if the amount in column three is individual or pool amount, a zero payout?

Is this apart of the x11 and x13 flat-line issue too even if it was just a couple hours before the noticeable flat-lines started occurring.

This was mentioned a few pages back as well, its just a formatting issue.  Everything on the backend is handled to 16 decimal places, everything on the frontend is displayed as 8 decimal places
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold

Earnings Log
Time                                  Coin                 Amount             BTC
     cryptcoin            0.00243095    0.00000090
     survivorcoin    0.00007533    0.00000000
     fractalcoin            0.00091169    0.00000024

Question: Is the total under amount individual miner coin amount or overall pool amount?

and next observance is the profitability of survivorcoin again, 0.00000000  for 6 minutes? Really?

regardless if the amount in column three is individual or pool amount, a zero payout?

Is this apart of the x11 and x13 flat-line issue too even if it was just a couple hours before the noticeable flat-lines started occurring.
Looks like PW added another X13 coin Smiley
I just discovered something interesting.
KTK (KryptKoin) is a Pure PoS coin using wafflepool and nicehash to mine BTC on "their pool" and buy KTK coins on exchanges .
They have already added wafflepool X13 to "their pool" Wink which is nothing more than a frontend to multipools LOL.
Quite a strategy, buy KTK with BTC earned on waffle at a low and then miners dump them back on market at a higher price ... scam coin IMO.

There have been quite a few different pools doing things like this (its pretty obvious server side with hundreds of connections from a single proxy IP).

One thing thats still on my list is to allow payouts in whatever currency people want, and was debating taking their "easier" approach and setting up a side service (different domain, but "affiliated" with WP for trust purposes) that would take the address you want to be paid in (and the currency) and give you an auto-convert BTC address that you could mine from WP.

For example, you go to the site, select:
I want to paid in [currency], my [currency] address is: [address].
The site gives you a new BTC address that takes any amount sent to it, forwards it to an exchange, converts to the currency you want, and sends the resulting amount to your original currency address.

Its an easy way to allow for mining to different currencies (doesn't take as long), but unfortunately still goes currency -> btc -> currency.  Where if it was done on WP itself, we could potentially avoid the 2x conversions.

This could be the "quick and easy" way to do a multi-port algo switcher?  How would the client using sgminer v5 be notified to switch algo? (or uses Nicehash port disabling method ... this would require seperate scryptn, scrypt, X11, X13, X15 ports so as not to interfere with those wanting to mine a specific algo)

Not algo switcher, custom payout currency.
I just discovered something interesting.
KTK (KryptKoin) is a Pure PoS coin using wafflepool and nicehash to mine BTC on "their pool" and buy KTK coins on exchanges .
They have already added wafflepool X13 to "their pool" Wink which is nothing more than a frontend to multipools LOL.
Quite a strategy, buy KTK with BTC earned on waffle at a low and then miners dump them back on market at a higher price ... scam coin IMO.

There have been quite a few different pools doing things like this (its pretty obvious server side with hundreds of connections from a single proxy IP).

One thing thats still on my list is to allow payouts in whatever currency people want, and was debating taking their "easier" approach and setting up a side service (different domain, but "affiliated" with WP for trust purposes) that would take the address you want to be paid in (and the currency) and give you an auto-convert BTC address that you could mine from WP.

For example, you go to the site, select:
I want to paid in [currency], my [currency] address is: [address].
The site gives you a new BTC address that takes any amount sent to it, forwards it to an exchange, converts to the currency you want, and sends the resulting amount to your original currency address.

Its an easy way to allow for mining to different currencies (doesn't take as long), but unfortunately still goes currency -> btc -> currency.  Where if it was done on WP itself, we could potentially avoid the 2x conversions.

This could be the "quick and easy" way to do a multi-port algo switcher?  How would the client using sgminer v5 be notified to switch algo? (or uses Nicehash port disabling method ... this would require seperate scryptn, scrypt, X11, X13, X15 ports so as not to interfere with those wanting to mine a specific algo)
Looks like PW is working on it, X13 blocks being reported again Smiley
Unconverted is going up but not earned, it will take a while for conversion ...
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Agreed John, I noticed blocks were still found on the X11 page but the unconverted/earned numbers appear to be frozen as well even if i'm actively mining.
The same appears to happen to X11 too.
If you look at server time at bottom of page and last block found on X11 it appears to be working.
However last block found on X13 has not updated for a long time (Almost 9 hours now) Sad

@PW note this occured at same time earned X13 payouts were processed, looks like same problem as before some service is hung.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
The same appears to happen to X11 too.
@PW
Earnings graph gone flatline again X13
server time: 2014-07-03 08:45:08
mammothcoin    2014-07-03 04:38:17    0000000000d5010d9f6de252c08db58828f2a4e41db8cf85e0e8100a54057cb0    50.00000000    immature

Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold

Earnings Log
07/02/2014 09:51:13 PM    cryptcoin            0.00243095    0.00000090
07/02/2014 09:45:04 PM    survivorcoin    0.00007533    0.00000000
07/02/2014 09:45:03 PM    fractalcoin            0.00091169    0.00000024

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Today's update:

- We've updated our profitability calculations to be a bit more aggressive.
- We've added RonPaulCoin as a new coin to mine
- Profitability stats on the stats page are very close to real-time (a few seconds delayed), and now include what coins are being mined at what speed.  Note, the speed listed per-coin can vary quite a bit, as its over only the last minute (high difficulty shares cause large variance).

think about adding SIS - its on Bittrex, no premine and needs some pool like that - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-siamese-coin-x11-no-premine-3-exchange-hitbtccryptsy-votings-651594
Pages:
Jump to: