Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 42. (Read 465675 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
@PW
Need announce X13 beta on stats pages Smiley

We need more testers on X13, currently only 2 miners (5.5Mhs+2.6Mhs)

And earnings tracking please!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
@PW
Need announce X13 beta on stats pages Smiley

We need more testers on X13, currently only 2 miners (5.5Mhs+2.6Mhs)
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
Last 2 hours of earnings listed below: My question is why the ** coins are they being mined for so little btc? The coins right before(coins that quit to let ** coins mine) and the coins following ** coins are way way more profitable.Check out chart for last 2 hours (9pm to 11pm)

Some of those look like they were mined only for a second or two. Also keep in mind that profitability is extremely time-sensitive, "way more profitable" may only last for a few seconds, and the pool can't always put all of its hashrate into a single coin.

The "way more profitable" coins are also much more difficult coins to mine (darkcoin).  You're seeing things that happen every [long time] interspersed with things that happen [very often].  Would you prefer 200x0.01 transactions or 10x0.20 transaction?  You're just seeing a mix in that table.

ok i just compiled another 2 hour segment with a per minute earnings, and the same ** or *** coins are still the same low ballers per minute.As seen in my chart modified from your website here:

as i stated in my previous post above, maybe i just dont have the multi most profitable mining concept down. As the above stats are all on the same miner,same machine,same pool,same time clock and same 1 minute per earning stats and those same ** or *** coins are still almost 0 bitcoins (< 0.00000010) per minute.

I think there are a number of things that are getting confused here.

First, that table really has nothing to do with profitability.  You're looking at the results of profitability from hours before (that table is us selling coins we mined a decently long time before, and needed to mature before we could sell them).

Second, that table is skewed more-so, due to how we process selling of coins (on a cron), so the times you're seeing there are completely irrelevant.  Everything in there is going to be a multiple of 1min + X seconds (we process our trade results every minute, and it takes a second or so to process results per coin).

Third, seeing a bunch of small amounts in that table is just the results from processing a single actual trade (not a single order), and how trades are calculated varies greatly by exchange.  For example, if we tried to sell 5 of X coin, you might see it sometimes get sold as a block of 5 (someone wanted 5+ of that coin - would show up as 1 larger exchange in that table), or you might see it split into a ton of smaller exchanges (lots of smaller trades).

So if we're past the point where we're completely using the wrong table to judge profitability:

Raw profitability isn't a hard algorithm, its essentially multiplying three numbers.  Of those three numbers, two of them are given to us wholesale by each coin (they're not guesses/estimates).  The third is price, which I've covered quite a bit before.  I'm pretty sure we got it pretty correct, and are usually mining the correct one(s).

ok between your reply and some information from Suchmoon, it makes for a clearer picture. I have to disagree with you on the fact that the earnings table has nothing to do with profitability tho. It has everything to do with profitability, no is in business to loss money hence earnings.So what i earn determines if i am profitable or losing money.

On terms of raw profitability and waffle having correct figures to compute, basically tells me that we mine the most profitable coin AT THAT TIME even tho it may have to wait to mature and be sold at as later time possibly for a lower less profitable amount.

My question is do we get paid by what the pool determined to be the most profitable coin at the time we mine it or do we get paid by what work we did at that time but sold at a later time which could result in a even higher profit or in most instances a lower profit especially on new coins as they are sadly mostly pump and dump initially and then die?

My guess is the latter and that i need to come up with a formula that represents profitability at time of mining but sold at a later time at a "undetermined" amount. Because i like others im sure mine coins based off profitability in order to get a positive earnings based off what we see posted on last 24 hours and days,months charts. And that may not be the profit we receive as earnings at so called payout time due to numerous reasons out of our control. This will not be a easy task as the variables are complex.

This next question applies to any one who has mined or is currently mining.Any ideas or tools or even formulas you use to determine profitability at time of mining and sold at a later time to more accurately get a  more "true" profitability prediction or heck even actual profitability based off those complex variables?
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Setting d=0.002 seems to be ignored, I'm getting d=0.010 no matter what I set in "pass" :

No marucoin till we hit what MHs ?

Seems to be only 2 or 3 miners so far Smiley We're finding blocks? or are those yours from testing PW Smiley

So far all from testing, I'm sure there will be some popping up as we add more MHs though Smiley
OK setting d=0.008 working now
Setting d=0.002 seems to be ignored, I'm getting d=0.010 no matter what I set in "pass" :

No marucoin till we hit what MHs ?

Seems to be only 2 or 3 miners so far Smiley We're finding blocks? or are those yours from testing PW Smiley
Thank you, I'm reconfiguring a couple of NVIDIA GPUs right now. What's next in your plans - more algos, auto switching... ?

Adding X15 is up next, switching possibly after that (we'll see)
OK throwing 2.6MHs at X13 with a 7950
Activity: 47
X13 is officially open for Beta.

Same rules apply as all the previous betas:
 - I've tested it a decent bit, I think everything is working properly, but it may fail at any time.
 - You have to opt-in to see the stats (cookie based, need to opt in once on each browser)
 - Starting off small to contain any issues, only 2 coins to start, will add more as we expand.
 - You're on your own to setup/debug miners, if you know what you're doing, or don't mind stumbling through the setup, go right ahead Smiley

Enjoy:
http://wafflepool.com/newalgos

Heres 5.5 Mh Grin
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

- I've tested it a decent bit, I think everything is working properly, but it may fail at any time.
 - You have to opt-in to see the stats (cookie based, need to opt in once on each browser)
 - Starting off small to contain any issues, only 2 coins to start, will add more as we expand.
 - You're on your own to setup/debug miners, if you know what you're doing, or don't mind stumbling through the setup, go right ahead Smiley

Enjoy:

Thank you, I'm reconfiguring a couple of NVIDIA GPUs right now. What's next in your plans - more algos, auto switching... ?
@PW
X13 beta?

lol, literally came in while I was typing up the announcement Smiley

Enjoy:

This is the batch file that I use:

sgminer_x11x13mod_03_06_2014\sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3331 -u btc_address -p d=0.04 -d 0,1,2 --thread-concurrency 35841 -g 1 -w 256 -I 20 --gpu-memclock 1250,1250,1250 --gpu-powertune 50 --gpu-vddc 1120 --gpu-engine 1020,1020,1042 --scan-time 3 --expiry 5 --queue 5 --temp-target 83 --temp-overheat 95 --gpu-fan 35-95 --auto-fan

all my rigs have win 7/64 with 8 GB of RAM and contain 3 cards/rig with a 1050 W gold PSU. scryptN draws about 1090 W from the socket and X11 with this settings around 730 W. The reference rigs have desk size extra cooling fans while the trix rely on their own set of 3 fans.

Ah thanks will try them out to see what i come up with. Smiley Thanks for answer.

I would set --queue 0
Activity: 374
Merit: 250

sgminer_x11x13mod_03_06_2014\sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3331 -u btc_address -p d=0.04 -d 0,1,2 --thread-concurrency 35841 -g 1 -w 256 -I 20 --gpu-memclock 1250,1250,1250 --gpu-powertune 50 --gpu-vddc 1120 --gpu-engine 1020,1020,1042 --scan-time 3 --expiry 5 --queue 5 --temp-target 83 --temp-overheat 95 --gpu-fan 35-95 --auto-fan

all my rigs have win 7/64 with 8 GB of RAM and contain 3 cards/rig with a 1050 W gold PSU. scryptN draws about 1090 W from the socket and X11 with this settings around 730 W. The reference rigs have desk size extra cooling fans while the trix rely on their own set of 3 fans.

Ah thanks will try them out to see what i come up with. Smiley Thanks for answer.
Activity: 57
show us the bat/config file, and please tell us WHAT is not working. Does it not start at all? does it freeze fast, does it just accumulate HW errors? what is it?

I have no problem with the new x11 kernels running under 14.6 beta drivers with sgminer 4.1.0. All r9 290 rigs hashing at 5 MHs/card.

For comparison:

sapphire R9 290 (both reference implementation rigs and trix rigs):
scrypt: 880 kHs
scryptn: 460 kHs
X11:5000 kHs

semi-agressive configs but not prefectly optimised, still the numbers are pretty much in range with other 290 owners.

I also got a couple of sapphire 290 reference but never got them to run at 5k Sad whats your settings for that speed ?

Activity: 36
Website appears down... anyone else noticing this?

Edit: Nevermind it's back up.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Just want to throw a big thank you out here to all of the people talking about the new AMD drivers and new SGminer version out, in particular utahjohn. I've upgraded my linux rigs to the 14.6 drivers, updated my sgminer, tweaked my settings and overlocking and it's increased my hash rate on x11 by almost 50% over what I was getting before. Seriously... HUGE difference. Thanks a ton!!

Indeed much thanks to Utahjohn.
Pages:
Jump to: