Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 47. (Read 465675 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hmm, glad that it worked for you guys. I tried that both with lasys and the "14.6fixed" miners,  didn't see an increase on my 7950s though.

I think that it might be a problem with win8.1 and the 14.4 drivers because I noticed that I actually lost about . 1Mh per card after "upgrading" from win8 to 8.1 and running 14.4 modded driver (I have six cards) and lazys miner like I had been.

I'm running Windows 7 with the 14.4 v3 mod drivers, lasybear's miner (sgminer_x11x13mod_03_06_2014.zip), and Pencha's BIN file.

I have 6 GPUs per machine and get 3.7 m/hash per card @ 1080/1500.

How much are you getting currently?
Activity: 101
If you're on 14.4 drivers and don't want the hassle of going to 14.6, just download this guys BIN file (I had to change 8192 to 8191 as that's the TC I use). I've got a 20% boost overall:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7419294

Delete that .bin created on 14.4 driver and copy this one. Its made on 14.6, 100% working  Wink
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2igfbzxeqrtly0/x11modTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin

Holy Crap!  Thanks for that!!

Boosted my 4x 7950 rig from 11.4MHs to around 14.77MHs!!!

Hopefully it'll be stable with low rejects, but only time will tell...

Hmm, glad that it worked for you guys. I tried that both with lasys and the "14.6fixed" miners,  didn't see an increase on my 7950s though.

I think that it might be a problem with win8.1 and the 14.4 drivers because I noticed that I actually lost about . 1Mh per card after "upgrading" from win8 to 8.1 and running 14.4 modded driver (I have six cards) and lazys miner like I had been.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
anyone know what happened to wafflestats?
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
I'm still currently using GPUs mining on scrypt also, and I want to switch to x11. I'm using sgminer 4.0. Can I easily make the switch over by pointing to the new wafflepool port, or would I have to download new mining software? Any quick tips on starting x11 is greatly appreciated. Or can someone link a thread to get started with x11 mining, so that I don't junk up this thread?

You will need to download sgminer-sph for X11, 14.6 Beta Drivers from AMD and djm's sgminer mod for the best hashrate possible.  What OS are you running? Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I'm running win7 64bit. I did a little digging around and found some relevant threads for anyone else in the same boat as me:

sgminer-sph
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795

14.6 catalyst beta:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

So where is djm's sgminer mod? Also, would I have to retune my GPU's or can they still use the same overclocks and undervolting? Can you please link to a newb guide for starting x11? I really don't want to junk up this thread with basic questions about switching scrypt -> x11 on this same pool.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Does it take a lot of time for the miners to show up on wafflepool? I have started the miner but the pool still says address not found.

Make sure you copy paste the address, but it should take too long. How long have you been waiting?
not long enough I guess. 5 minutes or so.

Anyone any ideas on profit pool for mining x11? I mean hourly/daily approx pay?

You can find your info for your own miners at wafflepoolmonitor.com and they have an android app.  I've averaged .0005/MH yesterday at waffle.
and how much did you earn if you dont mind me asking.

Well, at Waffle I made .025BTC, but I had some rentals too.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
Does it take a lot of time for the miners to show up on wafflepool? I have started the miner but the pool still says address not found.

Make sure you copy paste the address, but it should take too long. How long have you been waiting?

You can find your info for your own miners at wafflepoolmonitor.com and they have an android app.  I've averaged .0005/MH yesterday at waffle.
and how much did you earn if you dont mind me asking.

I'm still currently using GPUs mining on scrypt also, and I want to switch to x11. I'm using sgminer 4.0. Can I easily make the switch over by pointing to the new wafflepool port, or would I have to download new mining software? Any quick tips on starting x11 is greatly appreciated. Or can someone link a thread to get started with x11 mining, so that I don't junk up this thread?

You will need to download sgminer-sph for X11, 14.6 Beta Drivers from AMD and djm's sgminer mod for the best hashrate possible.  What OS are you running? Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I'm new to X11 mining.  From sgminer perspective, my hashrate is very consistent.  However, the graph in wafflepool is all over the place.  Is this normal?

My graph is similar, you will get higher ups and downs if you set your difficulty higher, because of more variance.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm new to X11 mining.  From sgminer perspective, my hashrate is very consistent.  However, the graph in wafflepool is all over the place.  Is this normal?

https://i.imgur.com/6Mkvkn1.jpg
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Hey guys, I made a post in the sgminer thread about a crazy frustrating problem I am having with setting up x11 on my rig. I'd figure I'd post it here also as I'm offering a 0.015 BTC bounty for anyone who fixes problem! Here it is:

Hey guys, here is a pic of sgminer when it freezes. In this instance it froze @ around 14 minutes into mining. It will do this randomly from 10 minutes in to 2 1/2 hours in.

I get those two messages when sgminer crashes everytime! "Stratum connection to Pool 0 interrupted" and the last one "Pool 0 difficultly changed to 0.160". Windows does not crash and I can easily restart sgminer. This is definitely not an internet problem. As I said before I ran scrypt mining on this same machine for months without problem. Longest uptime was 2 months straight without rebooting or crashing cgminer! To double check I ran cgminer with scrypt when I was @ work and all was well when I got home. Booted up x11 and the pic above happened. Sad Boot with a config file or just a .bat... doesn't make a difference, both crash.

More information on my setup for those looking to help: 2 R9 290s (Gigabyte and ASUS), 2 R9 270s (ASUS), and 1 MSI R9 270x -- 4 GB of ram. I am running windows 8.1 currently with the 13.12 AMD drivers. I am literally pulling my hair out cause I have no solution to this problem! I don't know what I could change in the config to help this... lowered intensity, fiddled with the clocks -- all which did not help. I have a 2nd small rig with a 5850 and 270x upstairs thats hashes x11 fine and hasn't crashed since I started it... I'm going nuts!

Big fat 0.015 BTC to anyone that can get me running stable!

lower gpu-engine on all card (just a 100Mhz lower than the normal) and start mining, if it's stable just add 10Mhz to one card and wait, when it will crash lower it and go with the next card. That what solved my problem with crashing X11.

İ have the same problem,did you find any solution Huhİn my farm just 2 of my rigs have this problem in same network, i changed the pool and one of the problem rig is no problem for 1 week in this pool but with waffle again same problem...
Activity: 798
If you're on 14.4 drivers and don't want the hassle of going to 14.6, just download this guys BIN file (I had to change 8192 to 8191 as that's the TC I use). I've got a 20% boost overall:

Delete that .bin created on 14.4 driver and copy this one. Its made on 14.6, 100% working  Wink

Holy Crap!  Thanks for that!!

Boosted my 4x 7950 rig from 11.4MHs to around 14.77MHs!!!

Hopefully it'll be stable with low rejects, but only time will tell...
Activity: 95
EDIT: Forgot to mention this BIN file is for 7950 or 280X cards, haven't tried it with any others!

If you're on 14.4 drivers and don't want the hassle of going to 14.6, just download this guys BIN file (I had to modify the BIN filename from 8192 to 8191 as that's the TC I use). I've got a 20% boost overall:

Delete that .bin created on 14.4 driver and copy this one. Its made on 14.6, 100% working  Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Upgrade done, pushing about 590 mh/s on waffle now with the same gear. Not fun upgrading Catalyst on 49 rigs, but well worth the results!

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Activity: 101
Wow I just got these modified kernels for sph_sgminer with 14.6 RC2 I am getting
7.7Mhs combined on X11 with a 280x+7950 which did only 6.1Mhs combined using
14.4 and default kernels in sph_sgminer.
7950 now 3.6 MHs, 280x now 4.1 Mhs.
Rename your x11mod.cl just in case you want to revert to old version.  Ditto for x13mod.cl.
Delete .bin files and restart sgminer ...

http://puu.sh/9Bkmt/c7f933e297.7z

I've had amazing results with this kernel with every single card except any of my 7950s. I'm getting 2.7mhs per 7950, but seeing many get over 3 with this kernel. I've brought my farm from 450mh/s to about 525mh/s with the kernel, but that would be about 600mh/s if I could get the 80+ 7950's mining at 3.5+!

The 7970's by far were the most noticeable in terms of an increase on this bin for me. The Sapphire 7970's do 4.1 easily.

As a heads up to anyone that might have the same issue. I went back to look at this again (I didn't heavily troubleshoot while upgrading nearly 50 rigs) and found that the 7950 rigs and a couple 7970 rigs that didn't see a bump in performance actually didn't complete the full ATI update to 14.6. I had to completely remove the prior version, and install from scratch (14.6 RC was released yesterday too) and it fixed the lack of a bump on those machines. I should be at 600mh/s by this evening, when I finish them all.

Hey,  do either of you know how to get the 14.6 RC drivers to run six 7950 gpus on win 8.1?  I've been waiting for something to pop up in a thread dealing with 6+ gpus & windows on another board but haven't seen anything yet.
Right now I'm running the 14.4 drivers with modded .inf files and lasybears x11mod here on wafflepool. Seeing about 2.98 mh per 7950 card with 8 amp total draw,  which is pretty nice.  I Just "upgraded" from win8 to 8.1 in hopes of moving to the 14.6 drivers once I can figure out how to run six cards with them,  but just loaded the modded 14.4 drivers in the meantime.  I know that I'll have to change the x11 kernel to work with the 14.6 drivers, and I saw some people talking about loading some portions of the 14.6 drivers into the older driver folders to get them to work easily,  but not too sure about that.

Sorry to WP for threadjacking.

Pages:
Jump to: