Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 50. (Read 465675 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
From guerillacoin forum:

It has come to our attention that some users are having difficulty syncing to the network.  We believe this is due to the network being flooded with invalid blocs by large multipools which did not keep an eye on the numerous announcements about the hard fork.  The network is intact and coins are secure however we will be releasing a checkpointed wallet very shortly to ensure the best user experience for all.  To be on the safe side please keep an eye on the thread and be ready to update.  We are compiling binaries now and the source is already updated on github. https://github.com/guerillacoin/guerillacoin

Binaries:
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/7JpCEif1wNqaJp%2BE50mr86cXW7Out6pQ
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Ok, so I've got an update for you guys, sorry for the delay, its been a rough 24hrs.

Basically, everything started with a bad database upgrade for X13 compatability.  Our DB is very tightly tuned for normal memory usage, and while in testing everything worked fine, the change put us just over the memory usage we should have been at, causing some swapping (disk usage instead of memory), causing slow enough performance to require a rollback and restart.  The next 6hrs or so were spent making sure everything was running correctly.  Because basically everything uses the DB, and we try to do as much in parallel as possible, its not as simple as "restart the script", so its a matter of restarting services in the right order, and getting everything back up and running takes a bit.  DB failure is basically the worst type of failure (and this is the first time its ever happened in our ~6 month time lifetime), so it took a bit longer to make sure everything was working properly.

By the end of all the DB fixes, and getting (almost) everything working, it was way past sleep time, and I headed to bed.  Only to be awakened 3 different times from DDOS attacks, and an unrelated server failure.  DDOS attacks are pretty normal, we get them 3-4x per week.  We do some magic, fight them off, and nothing is really visible to the miners outside of a bit higher latency (~50ms) during the attack.  Same thing last night, just a few in a row, making the lack of sleep a bit worse.

By the time I got up this morning, it was very clear there were 2 remaining issues.

1) A piece of our share processor didn't get reset, and was still using an old db cache.
- For the vast majority of users, this had no effect, your account address was already cached, and everything went fine.  However, if you were new to WP, or switched addresses in the last ~12hrs, it wasn't getting updated properly, and thus saw your address as "invalid".  Unfortunately at this point, there isn't much I can do about it.  We discard invalid address shares pretty low down to prevent against attacks we've had to deal with in the past.  I'm really sorry this happened, and as far as I know, this is the first time we've had something like this happen.  Everything should be fixed now, and it has been noted in my disaster recovery logs, so it shouldn't happen again.

2) We mined about 5hrs of a GuerillaCoin fork.
- GuerillaCoin got an update about 48hrs ago that changed the last POW block from 10k to 6k.  I saw the change log (https://github.com/guerillacoin/guerillacoin/commit/23b538d944ac1927d6c8273ea37b38584f36c69e), but didn't see the block number change.  I unfortunately went to their forum thread, and read this sentence describing the 1.0.1 update:
Update - 20.33 UTC 22/06/2014
It has come to our attention that some users that downloaded the Windows wallet from github have been having synching issues. So we'd like to request that all our Windows users make sure they have the right version of the wallet, and if not redownload their wallet (this only applies if you have a version other than v1.0.1.1-1-gb8df644-beta under help->debug window)

So in short
only applies to windows users that downloaded their wallet from github
does not apply to mac users
does not apply to linux users
does not apply to windows users that downloaded their wallet from the sendspace linked at guerillacoin.com
applies if staking before block 6000

Saw the "does not apply to linux users", and went on my way.  Which led to us not having the latest release, and mining on the fork.  It has been updated to the latest, and invalid blocks processed/orphaned, so balances should be correct.  Its just going to end up being a decent hit on the stats for the day.

For those of you who have been mining here a while, you know this isn't very common at all (we haven't had any sizable problems in months), and for those of you new here, sorry you had to see that early on (it really doesn't happen often).

tldr: Bad upgrades, DDOS attacks, lack of sleep, terrible patch notes, bad me.  Everything fixed, sorry about that.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
waffle, please respond:

this is what you put on wafflepool.com:
Sorry for the stats hiccup and delay in payouts, everything should be corrected/paid at this point. About 10 minutes of shares were lost, the rest are credited.

But so far my hash rates and earnings havent changed for hours...

Are you recording in background shares/ hashrate history since your pool is open for connections.
If not , i m going to loose a lot (since i have many rigs pointed to your pool)...
hope your professional attitude proven in the past, will not allow people to lose money with you.

BR

Stuff happens.  The devs of GUE forked the coin out from under everyone.  Not Wafflepool's fault or anyone's for that matter.

Welcome to Crypto - there is no FDIC.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
looks like a lot of people live on mining.
On waffle Unconfirmed: 307,501.24843422 GUE    Approx Value: 15.74127304 BTC

Ouch! I switched off to Diamondcoin mining last night so hopefully my loss on waffle will not be too bad ...
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I read a:

Looks like guerillacoin forked, working on it now.

on the website.

Now it is changed...

Poolwaffle also posted about it a few posts before yours.  Pays to read before you post.

yeah, it was actually posted while i was writing a post
Activity: 140
Just glad that I don't have to do anything...
Activity: 798
I read a:

on the website.

Now it is changed...

Poolwaffle also posted about it a few posts before yours.  Pays to read before you post.
I read a:

on the website.

Now it is changed...
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I read a:

on the website.
waffle, please respond:

this is what you put on wafflepool.com:
Sorry for the stats hiccup and delay in payouts, everything should be corrected/paid at this point. About 10 minutes of shares were lost, the rest are credited.

But so far my hash rates and earnings havent changed for hours...

Are you recording in background shares/ hashrate history since your pool is open for connections.
If not , i m going to loose a lot (since i have many rigs pointed to your pool)...
hope your professional attitude proven in the past, will not allow people to lose money with you.

BR

Activity: 202
Supposedly waffle pool has 233k left to dump, get your buy orders ready everyone! Cheesy

About 300k according to their stats page, we'll just have to hang in a bit longer.

I don't understand because when pow ended last night it was about 60k unconfirmed

If POW on guerilla ended why are we still mining it?

Working on it now.  Unfortunately, when we added it, it was set for 10k blocks of POW.  At some point it changed to 6k blocks (and I didn't see the change).  Looks like about 5hrs on the wrong fork (figuring it out now).

Balances will be incorrect while it is getting fixed.

Oh damn, doesn't sound good at all.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Supposedly waffle pool has 233k left to dump, get your buy orders ready everyone! Cheesy

About 300k according to their stats page, we'll just have to hang in a bit longer.

I don't understand because when pow ended last night it was about 60k unconfirmed

Working on it now.  Unfortunately, when we added it, it was set for 10k blocks of POW.  At some point it changed to 6k blocks (and I didn't see the change).  Looks like about 5hrs on the wrong fork (figuring it out now).

Balances will be incorrect while it is getting fixed.

legendary
Oh rejection Rate also skyrocketing, somethings wrong maybe  Huh

My reject rate is unchanged on all my rigs.
legendary
Activity: 994
Oh rejection Rate also skyrocketing, somethings wrong maybe  Huh
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Official from the site:

"Sorry for the stats hiccup and delay in payouts, everything should be corrected/paid at this point. About 10 minutes of shares were lost, the rest are credited."
From guerillacoin bitcoin talk forum:
Update - 0205UTC 22/06/2014

Hello guys, thank you for your attention.

We have had a fantastic launch! We have spent the last week developing features and improvements to the coin.
The last 24 hours have produced unsettling conditions for miners causing us to act to preserve the fairness of our coin distribution.  
Due to very large amounts of suspicious and anonymous hashrate which cannot be attributed to any of of the pools we are making changes to the code and announcing a hard-fork.

You must download the new wallets immediately and spread this announcement.   We are in the process of contacting pools and exchanges as we speak.

Check the main announcement thread shortly for details on coin features after this point, you will love the new wallet and what is to come.

The big Guerilla went on the rampage at 2100UTC on 18/06/2014.

New wallet needs to be downloaded asap.  Please see following update for details.  New website online at http://www.guerillacoin.com with info and wallets.

I would guess that we are the anonymous hashrate Sad

Update - 06.25 UTC 23/06/2014

The transition to PoS was smooth for most, but there seems to have been a fork on one part of the network (this did not affect the seed nodes) causing some wallets to reject blocks past 6017. If you have this issue please delete your blockchain and resync. That should fix it, please report your success here.

legendary
It is dead for last 3 hours? I only used waffleppol. cannot change my pool details till tomorrow. I am hoping they will fix the thing fast.

The front-end going down doesn't always mean the back-end has gone down.  We are/were definitely mining (something) because my miners have been up and submitting shares to new blocks now and hours ago.

The only question is what exactly are we mining!
Activity: 182
It is dead for last 3 hours? I only used waffleppol. cannot change my pool details till tomorrow. I am hoping they will fix the thing fast.
Pages:
Jump to: