Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 79. (Read 465674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
So what are these more profitable places or are you just bitching without better knowledge as 75% here? Judging http://poolpicker.eu/text differences seem negligible  Huh

PoolPicker uses pool reported profit values from APIs instead of actual testing rigs. Decent reference but there are other more complete and accurate sources of comparison data.

Try suchmoon's comparison charts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242
They'll show you better profit comparisons based on actual hashpower across more pools and leasing services.  There are quite a few higher profit choices.

+1 for suchmoon's comparison thread!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
So what are these more profitable places or are you just bitching without better knowledge as 75% here? Judging http://poolpicker.eu/text differences seem negligible  Huh

PoolPicker uses pool reported profit values from APIs instead of actual testing rigs. Decent reference but there are other more complete and accurate sources of comparison data.

Try suchmoon's comparison charts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242
They'll show you better profit comparisons based on actual hashpower across more pools and leasing services.  There are quite a few higher profit choices.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 52
Unfortunately I've reached my limit too and have moved to another pool.

I really love this pool though, so when reasonable profitability returns, so will I.

Did the same unfortunately.

PW, what's going on??
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Unfortunately I've reached my limit too and have moved to another pool.

I really love this pool though, so when reasonable profitability returns, so will I.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
This is just not working anymore, to low profit compared to competition.
I'm sorry but I moved my rigs away from Waffle today because of this.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Whats going on with the profit lately???
We're seem to be behind competition...

Seems to be a bit more then just a couple days of bad luck...
Activity: 52
Whats going on with the profit lately???
We're seem to be behind competition...
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
we are on 70% profit...this is very badddd
why not minig ltc only in this situations?
Activity: 4
@ak111in

That ad block warning on wafflepoolmonitor is really irritating and I regret donating to you now.  At least it was easy to get rid of so it stopped popping up every time it refreshed. 
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
There is a new interesting coin called talkcoin that looks to be ASIC resistant and even Profit Switching resistant..  How exactly it does this, I am not sure.  But it sounded interesting.
TalkCoin is just scrypt PoW Litecoin clone with 20 second block times (a dumb idea) randomized block rewards (like Doge), and community-vote-chosen block rewards (from Heavycoin).

It does include a built-in decentralized chat (lol! seriously - the client connects to IRC already)... but it isn't ASIC or profit switching resistant.

(Unless I read the code for the wrong talkcoin-wallet)

It's important to remember that nothing is actually ASIC or profit-switching proof - some systems simply resist these forces by developing new solutions that haven't been countered yet.  Anything that can be mined with a CPU or GPU can be mined more efficiently with ASIC equipment.  It is simply a matter of cost/benefit - is it worth producing ASICs for a given algorithm?

And I am extremely confident there will be a multi-algorithm auto-switching pool for GPU miners our this year - very likely before Q4.  Development is already underway. (Hint: the stratum protocol will almost certainly be replaced this year)
Activity: 6
I'm new to this pool and mining in general. I'm thinking of purchasing a KnC Mini-Titan, and I'm just wondering, will it be compatible to mine all the coins this pool mines, or does this pool mine Scrypt N stuff and other things it won't work on?

This pool only mines Scrypt coins so if you buy the Mini-Titan it will work fine with the pool.

This is correct, it should work just fine (although obviously hasn't been tested yet).  If/when we add Scrypt-N, it would be on a separate port, so you'd still be fine Smiley

Thanks for the quick response everyone! I just hope that by the time to stinkin' thing comes out, it's still profitable! I'm not going to buy it until AFTER (no pre-order) it's released in order to find accurate reviews of the hashrates and to make sure it will still be profitable. How much do you guys think the difficulty will increase by then (say, September) and also as a result of all the new ASICs?
I'm all for Scrypt-N. I have a gut feeling. Not to say that anybody should care about my gut feeling. Anyway. :|

I got a feeling too.. That ASIC will be ripping the ass out of Scrypt-N by Christmas time..  Grin

Yes, probably they will, but when that happens, the N can be upped even before the original schedule. I think there's value in a coin that cannot be controlled and mega-mined by 1000 sqm farms. These coins may actually be able to maintain value over longer period of time. At least the ones that survive the boom of a hundred different coins. That's why I'd like to see a proper multipool for scrypt-n too, and maybe not convert at least all of them to bitcoin. Although it's hard to know which coins will be the surviving ones.

There is a new interesting coin called talkcoin that looks to be ASIC resistant and even Profit Switching resistant..  How exactly it does this, I am not sure.  But it sounded interesting.
Activity: 10
I'm all for Scrypt-N. I have a gut feeling. Not to say that anybody should care about my gut feeling. Anyway. :|

I got a feeling too.. That ASIC will be ripping the ass out of Scrypt-N by Christmas time..  Grin

Yes, probably they will, but when that happens, the N can be upped even before the original schedule. I think there's value in a coin that cannot be controlled and mega-mined by 1000 sqm farms. These coins may actually be able to maintain value over longer period of time. At least the ones that survive the boom of a hundred different coins. That's why I'd like to see a proper multipool for scrypt-n too, and maybe not convert at least all of them to bitcoin. Although it's hard to know which coins will be the surviving ones.

I got a feeling too.. That ASIC will be ripping the ass out of Scrypt-N by Christmas time..  Grin
Activity: 10
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
I'm new to this pool and mining in general. I'm thinking of purchasing a KnC Mini-Titan, and I'm just wondering, will it be compatible to mine all the coins this pool mines, or does this pool mine Scrypt N stuff and other things it won't work on?

This pool only mines Scrypt coins so if you buy the Mini-Titan it will work fine with the pool.

This is correct, it should work just fine (although obviously hasn't been tested yet).  If/when we add Scrypt-N, it would be on a separate port, so you'd still be fine Smiley
Activity: 135

Activity: 127
Love this pool, a good author's attitude, I will always be here, even the recent gains is poor.
Pages:
Jump to: