Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 85. (Read 465674 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Just ran payouts, and am waiting on a withdrawal from one of our exchanges. About 3btc worth of payouts will be about an hour delayed (if you didn't get one about 15min ago, this includes you)

PW, I have a technical question for you. Many pools are using MPOS as front-end, which I agree, offers a lot of attack vectors and alot of attention must be paid, to keep the pool safe.

Which front-end have you used - I assume the pool's code now evolved to something unique. Or you used no front-end at all, just recording addresses and doin' payouts.

It is 100% custom, has been from the start Smiley
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Just ran payouts, and am waiting on a withdrawal from one of our exchanges. About 3btc worth of payouts will be about an hour delayed (if you didn't get one about 15min ago, this includes you)

PW, I have a technical question for you. Many pools are using MPOS as front-end, which I agree, offers a lot of attack vectors and alot of attention must be paid, to keep the pool safe.

Which front-end have you used - I assume the pool's code now evolved to something unique. Or you used no front-end at all, just recording addresses and doin' payouts.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
If you set expiry too low (possibly compared to scan-time), a lot of valid work will get discarded when no-submit-stale is enabled.  Make sure no-submit-stale is not turned on, and increase expiry a few seconds if you see discarded shares that occur seperate from block changes.

Thanks to you and PoolWaffle for getting back to me. I've verified that I do not have no-submit-stale specified. As long as it's off by default, then it should not be on.

Currently expiry is set to 120 and scan time is 30, which I think I saw from a GridSeed example somewhere. So expiry is quite bit higher than the scan time.

In case it helps, here's all of the options from my config (minus the pool specifications, which aren't relevant):

Code:
    "failover-only": true,
    "verbose": true,
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": "4028",
    "expiry": "120",
    "hotplug": "5",
    "log": "5",
    "no-pool-disable": true,
    "queue": "1",
    "scan-time": "30",
    "scrypt": true,
    "shares": "0",

Any thoughts on changes that I should make?

I keep complete logs (rotating) on my rigs. What should I look for in the logs to see if discards are happening separately from block changes?

Note that I have basically the same settings on my second rig which is made of DualMiner's (also the GridSeed chip). Not surprisingly, I see similar discard percentages with that rig.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If you set expiry too low (possibly compared to scan-time), a lot of valid work will get discarded when no-submit-stale is enabled.  Make sure no-submit-stale is not turned on, and increase expiry a few seconds if you see discarded shares that occur seperate from block changes.
I noticed this morning that I seem to have a pretty high number of discards. I don't think this is new. I just didn't really notice it before. What I did notice was very low rejects (lower than other people have reported).

Anyway, I dumped the JSON summary from cgminer this morning. It tells me that I've had 8038 discards (under the "Discarded" key) in a little less than 16 hours. During the same period there were 5866 accepts, 37 rejects, and 24 hardware errors (most of these are from a marginal GridSeed unit that I have to under clock to get any utility out of it). Local hash rate for the 10 GSD units averages 3.61 Mh/s. Utility rolls in at around 6.15.

I read elsewhere on this thread that it was recommended that miners submit stale shares to Wafflepool, under the argument that the pool may still accept them especially with low diff coins. But there was also a post from PoolWaffle not that long ago indicating that the strategy for handling stales had changed.

So what is the current recommendation? If I'm supposed to submit stales, can someone point me at the cgminer option to use?

Thanks in advance.

It can't hurt to submit them.  Worst case is we reject 100% of those, and you're no worse off, and if we accept some, you're better off Smiley  CGMiner however should submit them by default, the flag to turn OFF that feature (which you don't want) is "--no-submit-stale".  The fact that your discards is higher than you accepts is worrysome, and makes me think it might be a hardware issue?
Activity: 60
What should I expect for daily payouts with an average of about 8Mh/s?

Probably our daily BTC/MHs listed on the stats page, times 8.

Got it, thanks!
legendary
I noticed this morning that I seem to have a pretty high number of discards. I don't think this is new. I just didn't really notice it before. What I did notice was very low rejects (lower than other people have reported).

Anyway, I dumped the JSON summary from cgminer this morning. It tells me that I've had 8038 discards (under the "Discarded" key) in a little less than 16 hours. During the same period there were 5866 accepts, 37 rejects, and 24 hardware errors (most of these are from a marginal GridSeed unit that I have to under clock to get any utility out of it). Local hash rate for the 10 GSD units averages 3.61 Mh/s. Utility rolls in at around 6.15.

I read elsewhere on this thread that it was recommended that miners submit stale shares to Wafflepool, under the argument that the pool may still accept them especially with low diff coins. But there was also a post from PoolWaffle not that long ago indicating that the strategy for handling stales had changed.

So what is the current recommendation? If I'm supposed to submit stales, can someone point me at the cgminer option to use?

Thanks in advance.

Probably our daily BTC/MHs listed on the stats page, times 8.
Activity: 60
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Would be loving a "Do not exchange litecoins" option right now.  Especially at these prices.
legendary
If it is not a big problem, then why do we have to keep reading about it not being a big problem over and over again?  Move on!

Ah, so that's what the ignore button is for. Aaaannnndddd you're gone...
legendary
what time zone is the sent btc clocked at?

I think that it's GMT (i.e. no timezone).
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
what time zone is the sent btc clocked at?
legendary
I mentioned earlier in this thread that once or twice a week I my rigs cannot connect to Wafflepool and they send a small amount of hash and shares to my secondary pool. My secondary is also a multi-pool. When Wafflepool resurfaces, the rigs point back at it again.

This results in small weekly payouts from the other multi-pool. But there is always some amount of dust that never seems to be paid out, presumably because it's too small an amount to exchange, or the pool isn't mining those coins anymore.

I said before that this is not a big problem, and it really isn't. It's hard to care about $0.50. But I find it bothersome to always have a small amount of un-exchanged coins sitting around.

So what I think I'm going to do is swap out my secondary for a specifically mined coin pool, like LTC or DOGE only. This way the mined coins will not need to be exchanged. And in any case since multi-pools are all about averages over time, it makes little sense to point hash at them for a few minutes a week.

Probably most of you have already come to this conclusion. For those who haven't, consider this a PSA.
compared to other pools the reject rate on wafflepool is usually lower less than 4% on my setup

Reject rate over a short time isn't useful, and overall the pool averages ~3%.  Varies a huge amount though, some 1-5min periods are 0%, some are 20%, the difference is, when you're mining a coin at 20% stale rate, we expect a huge profit from those coins (making the 20% worth it).  This is expected, and accounted for in the switcher.

I am talking on average over the day in the last 11 hrs 15 mins it's been 3.48 % or or 417 of 11985 which is good compared to the likes of clevermining

Yep, sorry about that, I quoted the wrong post =P
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
compared to other pools the reject rate on wafflepool is usually lower less than 4% on my setup

Reject rate over a short time isn't useful, and overall the pool averages ~3%.  Varies a huge amount though, some 1-5min periods are 0%, some are 20%, the difference is, when you're mining a coin at 20% stale rate, we expect a huge profit from those coins (making the 20% worth it).  This is expected, and accounted for in the switcher.

I am talking on average over the day in the last 11 hrs 15 mins it's been 3.48 % or or 417 of 11985 which is good compared to the likes of clevermining
Activity: 65

Pool is down tried US west server as well.

Must be on your end, I'm mining on useast (stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333) and uswest (stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333) servers right now.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Just pinged useast.wafflepool.com

Check your DNS.
Activity: 63

Pages:
Jump to: