Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 87. (Read 465674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Every few days I seem to see a few shares accepted by my secondary pool. It's as if there are intermittent connection problems to WafflePool, so my rigs point at the secondary. When the primary connection comes back up, the rigs point back at WafflePool.

While this is not a serious problem, it is a bit annoying. It means that there's always some dust on my secondary pool. Since the secondary is also a multi-pool, it eventually gets paid out. Although I never hit the daily minimum on the secondary, so the dust doesn't clear for a week or two.

Both of my rigs are running in a small data center with reliable power and Internet. It seems unlikely that the connectivity problems would be on my side.

This happened again today. Looks like the last accept on the secondary pool was around 17:37:02 PDT. I'm specifically pointing at uswest.wafflepool.com.

If more information is needed, I can dig into the logs on my rig to see if I can spot the error messages associated with pointing at the secondary.

Like I said, this isn't that big a deal. I figure that all mining pools have occasional connectivity issues. In fact when I was pointed at that other multi-pool as the primary, sometimes my rigs would temporarily connect to WafflePool (which was the secondary then).
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
I'm getting a horrible amount of stales / rejects right now on the US east server.

As always, more information is appreciated.  Does that mean 10%? 20%? 95%? An address (emailed is fine) to look into it, etc?  Just "somethings bad" doesn't help either of us too much Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm getting a horrible amount of stales / rejects right now on the US east server.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Why is reported Hash Rate dropping??   Just went from 25MH's to 15MH's in 10 minutes..

See posts above yours.  The whale 'sfire' is jumping around pools following luck and earnings per MH.
Activity: 112
Why is reported Hash Rate dropping??   Just went from 25MH's to 15MH's in 10 minutes..

Activity: 397
Merit: 11
Getting a couple emails from people not seeing the latest payout, and it looks like its not showing up on blockchain.info, however it looks to be an issue on blockchain (maybe it hasn't propagated to there yet), cause it definitely sent Smiley

http://blockr.io/tx/info/9ea94ab3f30363af36a2ec89e47d93285e3612c5e5084111f0d827d2719ba0e8 (give it a few seconds to load, its a big transaction)

Thanks for the block reader link. I didn't know about that site (still new to this stuff).

For grins I grabbed the list and sorted by BTC. I assume that the 63.23467726 payout was to the whale? There were only 4 other payouts a BTC or greater, and all of them were single digits.

Nice to know that a lot of miners (1313) are in my shoes at around 0.01-ish ;-)

You can see the whale here: http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Which is probably an ASIC company "testing" the new scrypt asics ...since february or so *cough*cough*

Not a company... The whale is sfire and he posts here. He has tons of GPU and Gridseed rigs in his farm. He bounces around between Clever and Waffle and used to mine at Middlecoin before that pool keeled over.

Didn't know that, thank you for the correction.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Getting a couple emails from people not seeing the latest payout, and it looks like its not showing up on blockchain.info, however it looks to be an issue on blockchain (maybe it hasn't propagated to there yet), cause it definitely sent Smiley

http://blockr.io/tx/info/9ea94ab3f30363af36a2ec89e47d93285e3612c5e5084111f0d827d2719ba0e8 (give it a few seconds to load, its a big transaction)

Thanks for the block reader link. I didn't know about that site (still new to this stuff).

For grins I grabbed the list and sorted by BTC. I assume that the 63.23467726 payout was to the whale? There were only 4 other payouts a BTC or greater, and all of them were single digits.

You can see the whale here: http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Which is probably an ASIC company "testing" the new scrypt asics ...since february or so *cough*cough*

Not a company... The whale is sfire and he posts here. He has tons of GPU and Gridseed rigs in his farm. He bounces around between Clever and Waffle and used to mine at Middlecoin before that pool keeled over.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

It would be a different situation if we were sending our transactions out with no fees (valid), just to try to save a few bucks, but we include fees so that we're normally included reasonably quickly, but end of the day, it is up to miners whether or not to include it.

Would be an interesting thing about payouts in scrypt currencies actually - could pay no fee and the pool can include the transaction in the next block mined.
Thanks OP, already got my payout properly, will this happen again?

I have no idea, and have no control over it.  We send transactions the exact same way everyone using bitcoin (or any cryptocurrency) sends transactions, and miners get to choose which transactions to include in blocks.  We normally get included very quickly (1-2 blocks), this time it took a while, could be a huge number of different reasons, but once the transaction is sent, there really isn't anything we can do about it.  Moreso, there is no way to know that its going to happen before we send it.  It would be a different situation if we were sending our transactions out with no fees (valid), just to try to save a few bucks, but we include fees so that we're normally included reasonably quickly, but end of the day, it is up to miners whether or not to include it.
Activity: 63
Thanks OP, already got my payout properly, will this happen again?
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

My BTC is stuck in my wallet in pending 7 hours....  Sent and email and they ask me to read the forum.. ?? What kind of email reply is that?
I guess we are just fucked..  wait and wait... 

It is inherent in the bitcoin protocol.  The transaction was built properly, with included fees, and was sent out.  I have no control over when it gets confirmed, as we aren't a bitcoin mining pool, just have to wait.  Its also not like this is happening daily, we haven't had a transaction take longer than 30 minutes in like a month or more.

Also, it looks like its confirmed Smiley
My BTC is stuck in my wallet in pending 7 hours....  Sent and email and they ask me to read the forum.. ?? What kind of email reply is that?
I guess we are just fucked..  wait and wait...  
Lol... read the last few posts maybe?  We're hardly "fucked," although some patience is indeed necessary.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
My BTC is stuck in my wallet in pending 7 hours....  Sent and email and they ask me to read the forum.. ?? What kind of email reply is that?
I guess we are just fucked..  wait and wait... 
My guess is it might be something to do with the lower fees in 0.9, we sent with the default fees (0.0061 in this case), so it should confirm eventually, but with a big transaction and probably a lot of people still running 0.8 with higher fees, i looks like it might take a bit (odd, we've sent other payouts with 0.9 default fees with no problem).

Give it a bit longer I guess, if it doesn't confirm overnight I guess we'll attempt to double-spend it with higher fees?
Sounds like a plan to me.  Looks like we're not the only one with a transaction stuck - CoinShift has had their latest payment unconfirmed for a few hours now (and it isn't seen by blockchain either).

Apparently there are a few pools already supporting replace-by-fee (from v0.9.1).  The tools for using it are pretty preliminary tho.

If the transaction doesn't get confirmed after a day, can always just broadcast a new raw transaction with the same inputs and a high fee tho.
My guess is it might be something to do with the lower fees in 0.9, we sent with the default fees (0.0061 in this case), so it should confirm eventually, but with a big transaction and probably a lot of people still running 0.8 with higher fees, i looks like it might take a bit (odd, we've sent other payouts with 0.9 default fees with no problem).

Give it a bit longer I guess, if it doesn't confirm overnight I guess we'll attempt to double-spend it with higher fees?
Looks like the latest WafflePool payment is lost in the nether for the moment.  It was broadcast to the network, and my local node sees it, but still no confirmation after several hours.

@PoolWaffle: Maybe a good time to try replace-by-fee, heh?

No matter, should get confirmed eventually.
I can see the latest payout in my wallet, it appeared like 5 hours ago but still sitting at 0 confirmations...
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Up until today payments for me have been perfect... but so far 4 hours and no sign of my payment...
Any reason that this only started happening within the last few days?

Edit: well my payment showed up 20 minutes after posting. Still over 4 hours, which has not been the norm for Waffle...
Pages:
Jump to: