Pages:
Author

Topic: Poor and middle class as a mentality - page 2. (Read 1979 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
August 11, 2021, 04:22:22 PM
Poor and rich are social problems that all countries have.  In the book I read entitled "Zakat", it is said that the solution for the poor and the rich is zakat, in the wealth of the rich there is a right for the poor 2.5% of the total because the essence of man was created to be a leader, when he is well off and has wealth.  If there is excess, then look at your family first, when your family is poor, in your property there is the right of your family and it is obligatory for you to give it.  When your family is prosperous then look at your surroundings, if your neighbor is poor, your neighbor has rights in your property and it is obligatory for you to give it.  When is it said that you are obliged to pay zakat for the poor, when your wealth has met the nisab (rules for calculating it), that is, your wealth is equivalent to 85 grams of gold.  With this zakat, wealth will be distributed to the needy according to the proportion so that human life becomes prosperous.

Hmm ... I can only agree that any opinion has a right to exist. But I definitely do not like the essence of it. Please tell me why a person who constantly works, and receives a good reward for it, should share something with someone, especially, probably with someone who, in order to improve his well-being, "does not put a finger on his finger" !? Why should a working person who wants to organize his life have to pay for a comfortable life at his own expense? I understand very well what charity is. But there is no need to pervert the idea of ​​humanity, good deeds, and to form a layer of lazy, stupid, doing nothing people living at someone else's expense. And will we also form a stratum of "slaves" who must work, develop, earn for their family and for a couple of families of such social ballast? Humanity should be logical!

There are 8 categories of people who are entitled to receive zakat from the rich, from those 8 categories, I don't think I will let the lazy wave continue against them.  Poor which is said in zakat is also different from the state version of poor.  Poor in the book of zakat is said when the income is not enough to meet the basic needs of one day, so when you have excess wealth isn't it normal to donate in the form of zakat?

Let's do this - I have not read the work you are talking about, and it would be, on my part, silly to argue on this topic, without knowing at least basic ideas or concepts. I will be very grateful to you if you give a link (preferably in English) for studying this doctrine / ideology, I apologize in advance - I do not know what to call it correctly!

And the question is - tell me, if I help the poor, for example, by giving them clothes, food, furniture, equipment that I do not need, is this help? Or does it have to be MONEY? But if I help a nursing home and an orphanage, buying food for them, for example, is it wrong? Is it better to share with their tenants money or other wealth that I have earned by my labor? I would like to understand the concept you voiced, and from this point of view
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
August 11, 2021, 04:10:16 PM
Usually, poor people and also poor countries are more religious and most of the religions tell you that being a rich is a sin and if you live like a martyr, then you'll rest in piece and all the rich people will become the victim of devils. And then these people often cool down their minds with the words like: Yeah, I am poor but I have a good soul, like when a bad looking guy says that he looks average / below average but he has a beautiful soul and other hilarious jokes.

There are also a lot of things there: People don't want to do what other people did to become a rich, what efforts they put, etc. It requires a decent and smart work from someone to achieve a high quality of life and become rich.

Also again, some very talented and open-minded but poor people live in countries where they can't achieve success because they have to work hard everyday just to feed themselves and there is a high nepotism there. Life is luck!
Activity: 69
Merit: 12
Invest in Wisdom - Only at ccFOUND
August 11, 2021, 03:30:08 PM
In short, the mentality is made because a small group of people wants to control other people so they can make a lot of money and freely reign over those people. The things that you mentioned all in essence is used to control people and the only way to break through this control is if we destroy who is at the top.

We need not to destroy anybody because here we are talking about mentality, and it can be changed only if a better mentor enters the minds of poors to make them believe that 'they can become rich too' and being rich is not something that is privileged for the riches and their heirs only, it is the mental state of a person that categorises them as rich and poor. Some poors think they are rich because they are rich by heart, some riches think they are poor because they don't have heirs to carry forward their heritage while tutors and the society as well as even parents feed in the minds of children since their childhood that they are made to give labor (poors) or they are here to rule everyone (riches).
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 11, 2021, 10:17:57 AM
If the people in control is always trying to put down the public and then blaming them that it's their fault then the mentality will stay there, they didn't ask for the situation that they were born in and it's not like they're lazy, it's just that no matter how hard they work, the people who make money the most are those at the top.
Activity: 257
Merit: 102
August 11, 2021, 09:54:44 AM
The difference in the environment where the poor and middle class grow up is the number one factor that affect their mentality. The poor people mostly grow up in a place with less opportunity, with less resources, with less education facility and great educators and etc. Everything is lesser than what a middle class can have.  A middle class and rich people grow up and are already exposed to many opportunities, they can have the resources that they need, a high quality education and they are surrounded by people who can teach how to use the resources or money that they already to be more successful.

And also the mentality of poor people always focus on how to survive in the whole day. And the educators always focus on how to make thier student obedient that limit the kid's creativeness or to think out of the box that can greatly help them in the future.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
August 11, 2021, 08:03:35 AM
Poor and rich are social problems that all countries have.  In the book I read entitled "Zakat", it is said that the solution for the poor and the rich is zakat, in the wealth of the rich there is a right for the poor 2.5% of the total because the essence of man was created to be a leader, when he is well off and has wealth.  If there is excess, then look at your family first, when your family is poor, in your property there is the right of your family and it is obligatory for you to give it.  When your family is prosperous then look at your surroundings, if your neighbor is poor, your neighbor has rights in your property and it is obligatory for you to give it.  When is it said that you are obliged to pay zakat for the poor, when your wealth has met the nisab (rules for calculating it), that is, your wealth is equivalent to 85 grams of gold.  With this zakat, wealth will be distributed to the needy according to the proportion so that human life becomes prosperous.

Hmm ... I can only agree that any opinion has a right to exist. But I definitely do not like the essence of it. Please tell me why a person who constantly works, and receives a good reward for it, should share something with someone, especially, probably with someone who, in order to improve his well-being, "does not put a finger on his finger" !? Why should a working person who wants to organize his life have to pay for a comfortable life at his own expense? I understand very well what charity is. But there is no need to pervert the idea of ​​humanity, good deeds, and to form a layer of lazy, stupid, doing nothing people living at someone else's expense. And will we also form a stratum of "slaves" who must work, develop, earn for their family and for a couple of families of such social ballast? Humanity should be logical!

There are 8 categories of people who are entitled to receive zakat from the rich, from those 8 categories, I don't think I will let the lazy wave continue against them.  Poor which is said in zakat is also different from the state version of poor.  Poor in the book of zakat is said when the income is not enough to meet the basic needs of one day, so when you have excess wealth isn't it normal to donate in the form of zakat?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
August 10, 2021, 02:31:15 PM

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
August 10, 2021, 02:21:12 PM
It's not like everyone is given an equal opportunity, people who think like this are privileged and is out of touch on what it's like to be poor, remember that the price of goods and services are increasing and it's not like the salary of poor and middle class workers go up so it seems that they will probably stay that way until a reform happens.

It is very difficult to increase the level of the poor, especially with the pandemic which makes money more difficult and prices of goods continue to increase, I think state policies that can make poor people can change, the main factors are education, job training and business capital that will be able to change.

If it is said that the poverty factor is the low level of education in the community, then I will convey some interesting facts in the field when I am together with many poor people as a form of my care and responsibility in social institutions. The government as a regulator and facilitator has provided many educational facilities but many parents do not care for their children to go to school and do not pay attention that school is very important the result is that children are not interested in getting education so that in addition to a low level of education, family factors and parental love for children will greatly affect the growth and development of children and affect the future of their children.
Most such parents do not think about their children's progress in school, and perhaps they think that the most important thing is that they have fulfilled their obligation to send their children to school.
and most of them do not supervise and also know the development of their children while at school where parents must always help their intelligence to teach what has been taught in school and good things to help their brain development, and that will greatly affect their future.
I think the government prioritizes needs and so on with what each school needs and also its facilities because they really expect a generation that is smarter and not stupid and also poor.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
August 10, 2021, 12:57:15 PM
OP, the moment we read the subject, we drew an imaginary conclusion of what it could be about.
We thought it was probably about the mental state of a person that is being set by the society that how to categorise themselves as rich or poor. However, we read and found out how the irrelevant resources and lack of knowledge as well as discrimination of caste, creed, sex and religion also play a vital role in the making of riches and poors. The least availability of resources for poors is the reason why they are being fed about their poverty since their childhood by making them realise about it and it also applies to riches, but in an opposite manner.
In short, the mentality is made because a small group of people wants to control other people so they can make a lot of money and freely reign over those people. The things that you mentioned all in essence is used to control people and the only way to break through this control is if we destroy who is at the top.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
August 10, 2021, 12:51:20 PM
It's not like everyone is given an equal opportunity, people who think like this are privileged and is out of touch on what it's like to be poor, remember that the price of goods and services are increasing and it's not like the salary of poor and middle class workers go up so it seems that they will probably stay that way until a reform happens.

It is very difficult to increase the level of the poor, especially with the pandemic which makes money more difficult and prices of goods continue to increase, I think state policies that can make poor people can change, the main factors are education, job training and business capital that will be able to change.

If it is said that the poverty factor is the low level of education in the community, then I will convey some interesting facts in the field when I am together with many poor people as a form of my care and responsibility in social institutions. The government as a regulator and facilitator has provided many educational facilities but many parents do not care for their children to go to school and do not pay attention that school is very important the result is that children are not interested in getting education so that in addition to a low level of education, family factors and parental love for children will greatly affect the growth and development of children and affect the future of their children.
Activity: 69
Invest in Wisdom - Only at ccFOUND
August 10, 2021, 09:43:54 AM
OP, the moment we read the subject, we drew an imaginary conclusion of what it could be about.
We thought it was probably about the mental state of a person that is being set by the society that how to categorise themselves as rich or poor. However, we read and found out how the irrelevant resources and lack of knowledge as well as discrimination of caste, creed, sex and religion also play a vital role in the making of riches and poors. The least availability of resources for poors is the reason why they are being fed about their poverty since their childhood by making them realise about it and it also applies to riches, but in an opposite manner.
Activity: 285
August 10, 2021, 01:17:45 AM

Your opinion is also correct, but I need to add that in terms of alleviating the social class gap and education, the state is also obliged to pay attention to the lives of its citizens.

countries need to carry out several strategies to address every problem of social and educational inequality, including:

Early childhood development and nutrition: these steps help children grow in their first 1,000 days. Malnutrition and lack of cognitive growth during this period can cause educational delays and reduce their achievement later in life.

Health protection for all: Providing coverage for poor people to get affordable and timely health services, and at the same time increasing people's capacity to learn, work and progress.

Access to quality education for all: The number of students worldwide has increased and the focus must shift from simply sending children to school to providing quality education for every child wherever they are. Education for all children must prioritize the learning process, knowledge and skill development as well as the quality of teachers.

Cash transfers to poor families: This program provides poor families with a basic income, enabling them to keep their children in school and enabling mothers to access basic health services. The money can also help poor families buy necessities such as seeds, fertilizer, or livestock, and help them deal with droughts, floods, pandemic disasters, economic crises or other shocks. Cash transfers have been shown to reduce poverty and create opportunities for both parents and children.

Rural infrastructure – particularly roads and electricity supply: Construction of rural roads can reduce transportation costs, connect rural farmers to markets to sell their goods, and allow workers to move more freely, and improve access to education and health services. For example, providing electricity to rural communities in Guatemala and South Africa has helped increase the female workforce. Access to electricity also makes small-scale home businesses more viable and productive, which is indispensable for the poor in rural areas.

Progressive taxation system: A fair and progressive taxation system can finance policies so that the necessary government programs run well, allocating available resources to the poorest people. The tax system can be designed to reduce inequality and at the same time maintain budget efficiency.
Activity: 285
August 10, 2021, 01:03:44 AM
In general opinion we often hear that poor families will give birth to a generation that is no less poor. Empirically I think that answer is correct.

As explained by social science disciplines, poverty is always a straight line with low education. Therefore, if a child has a genetic link in a poor learning environment, the outcome will be poor.

This is also what Nicolaus Driyarkara notes about disintegration. Every social change (disintegration) by itself results in 1,000 problems in education.

Thus, it can be concluded that if in an area the population lives below the poverty line, it is certain that education in that area is neglected. Of course we can argue that education is not the only factor causing poverty.

There are economic, political, and socio-cultural factors that cannot be ruled out either. However, it is difficult for us to avoid it because education is the only rational answer that we can receive to break the chain of poverty.
Activity: 1113
Merit: 507
Don't Get Involved
August 07, 2021, 02:27:50 AM
Some people are born rich or moderately rich, some are born middle class and some are born poor or extremely poor. All these conditions come along with a set of survival guides that the parents, relatives and even teachers will pass along as a map of life. For example, in a school of a country that does not give opportunity to its people, where most of the students are poor, it is unlikely that the teachers will induce them to think big or have big dreams...more likely they will aim to keep them apart from drugs, avoid problems with the government and try to imbue some basic skill for life. The ultra-poor do not even get that - which actually may be better.

In a preppy school, where most of the students are rich-born, the conversation is quite different. Culture, life, opportunity, spirit-de-corps and class mentality are imbued in the same manner, so the kids will somehow justify in their minds that they have the right to be rich even if they have not done anything for anyone in their lives - perhaps not even for themselves - because of some Darwinian property of cosmos.

As a result, the poor and even middle class have to jump over one real barrier, their lack of funds, and more importantly, like the Elephant that learns young that he cannot break the chains and never tries again, over their own state of mind, their own prison set by the terms of those who trying to help taught them to avoid anything but doing the same that keeps them poor.

This is where the important role of education. Where we can learn many things, at least the basic things that can make us create our dreams in the future. Although I belong to a poor family, but because of the upbringing of good parents, who always try to provide education for their children. Because for them education is very important to change our destiny. That's why an educated person will not see the difference clearly.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
August 09, 2021, 10:09:58 AM
Education only teaches us about rules, discipline, how to behave, build dreams, doesn't make us rich, only a means of bridge to success. Education here is very important whether it's a school for the rich or poor but does not determine one's fate. They can be successful and rich because of themselves, their efforts and never ending prayers.

Here in my country we treat education as a special factor or a special ticket to get a good job, education taught me how to become a good citizen, obey rules and regulation and be a good employer but as I remember in my 16 years of education up to my college days all that the education instructor taught is to become a good employer but never have had tell to become a good investor or businessman. I've been born and raised in a poor family which my parents instill in my younger mind to finished my studies to get a good job but they never told me to finish my study and get rich. But now those advices that I've gained from my parents and environment has now changed, i am still struggling in life but at least changing my mind set from my younger self I treat it as a good start for a new beginning.
Activity: 364
Merit: 14
August 09, 2021, 05:51:41 AM
The executions of all the education that you acquired, as the very important piece is your experienced.

Education is a good foundation walking to the right path of success, if you have all those good foundation your chance is better than those with less, and that's very good point efforts and more on your faith that day will come everything will convert to success, richness is open for everyone there's always luck for each person..

The debate about education and experience which is more important in a career seems to never stop. The holders of academic degrees offer high technical knowledge and expertise, because they are already equipped with theory and all forms of things they are good at in an academic form.
Meanwhile, those who have worked for years (who are experienced) bring practical experience with proven success. Ideally, every employee has a combination of these two qualities. But of course this ideal quality can not always be obtained.
You may belong to one of these two groups, but there is no need to argue further, because in fact these two qualities are complementary. Learning about each other's strengths will give you the opportunity to learn from each other.
from here we should be more objective in paying attention to something because if we look at it, experience and education are all very important.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
August 07, 2021, 11:52:38 PM
Education only teaches us about rules, discipline, how to behave, build dreams, doesn't make us rich, only a means of bridge to success. Education here is very important whether it's a school for the rich or poor but does not determine one's fate. They can be successful and rich because of themselves, their efforts and never ending prayers.

The executions of all the education that you acquired, as the very important piece is your experienced.

Education is a good foundation walking to the right path of success, if you have all those good foundation your chance is better than those with less, and that's very good point efforts and more on your faith that day will come everything will convert to success, richness is open for everyone there's always luck for each person..
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
August 07, 2021, 11:33:42 PM
Some people are born rich or moderately rich, some are born middle class and some are born poor or extremely poor. All these conditions come along with a set of survival guides that the parents, relatives and even teachers will pass along as a map of life. For example, in a school of a country that does not give opportunity to its people, where most of the students are poor, it is unlikely that the teachers will induce them to think big or have big dreams...more likely they will aim to keep them apart from drugs, avoid problems with the government and try to imbue some basic skill for life. The ultra-poor do not even get that - which actually may be better.

In a preppy school, where most of the students are rich-born, the conversation is quite different. Culture, life, opportunity, spirit-de-corps and class mentality are imbued in the same manner, so the kids will somehow justify in their minds that they have the right to be rich even if they have not done anything for anyone in their lives - perhaps not even for themselves - because of some Darwinian property of cosmos.

As a result, the poor and even middle class have to jump over one real barrier, their lack of funds, and more importantly, like the Elephant that learns young that he cannot break the chains and never tries again, over their own state of mind, their own prison set by the terms of those who trying to help taught them to avoid anything but doing the same that keeps them poor.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
August 07, 2021, 06:03:26 PM
The biggest difference is the accessibility to right information and good education.

I don't think human differ that much in IQ, but with a bad teacher, you are really wasting your time in school for years. It is all about viewing things from the right angle. Even today, only a few rich kids knows how the society works, most of the people only see very little part of the whole picture

actually, school for to get experience about society. and yes if kid need to learn something, but the point still how to interact with each other.
and many poor kid show their fangs after graduation, like they have good grades and pass every obstacle, accepted by good company. the rich one show their life with other way, because they already rich.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
August 06, 2021, 11:54:21 PM
The biggest difference is the accessibility to right information and good education.

I don't think human differ that much in IQ, but with a bad teacher, you are really wasting your time in school for years. It is all about viewing things from the right angle. Even today, only a few rich kids knows how the society works, most of the people only see very little part of the whole picture
Pages:
Jump to: