Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 115. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 181
Merit: 2
Hello, fellow miners!

New pool started:
etn.miner.rocks (cn-v7 ready)

Features:
- email notifications of workers down
- stats and hashrate chart per worker
- PPLNS reward scheme for rounds shorter than hour, PROP for longer rounds
- payment id/integrated address supported
- adjustable payment threshold, from 1 ETN
- every port supports secure SSL/TLS connection as well as insecure one
- port 80 available for firewalled miners
- static diff supported, see static diff calculator
- multiple daemons, to prevent downtime in case of daemon stuck
- height checks, to prevent mining on forked chain
- sample configs for cn-v7 supported mining apps

PPLNS fee: 0.1%

Welcome & Lucky Mining!
Activity: 181
Merit: 2
I've actually got 3 questions

1/ how come etn.spacepools.org is already accepting hash from me if I specify "normalv7" in my config file? The fork isn't until tomorrow morning!?
2/ can I still mine towards my old wallet address?
3/ Will I be able to upgrade that wallet and keep the address?
1/ they may have trust in you, if you have mined with `normal` before switch to `normalv7` (its just an assumption)
2/ yes
3/ yes
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I've actually got 3 questions

1/ how come etn.spacepools.org is already accepting hash from me if I specify "normalv7" in my config file? The fork isn't until tomorrow morning!?
2/ can I still mine towards my old wallet address?
3/ Will I be able to upgrade that wallet and keep the address?
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
is cryptopia exchange already updated their nodes?

Don't be impatient, give them a month or two!

I'm waiting to see where the massive hashrate from ASICs will go...

There are currently five coins based on cryponight which can mined by ASIC. They will just move onto ones that are left behind and who cares anyway !

LOL. Hardfork is tomorrow. a month will be to late Grin Grin

I updated my node last week it's not hard guys!
Just out of curiousity, what happens when most of the hashpower somehow stays with the old chain?

Not 100% but I think the blockchain will split as long as exchanges keep accepting the old and the new blockchains and there are pools that run on both blockchains.
But that doesn't have to happen the moment of the fork, at any point in time someone can copy the code of a blockchain, make an airdrop to the original's blockchain users and try to steal people with empty promises! Tongue

In either case, as long as most people trust the original developer and their choices, there's no reason for a split.

The current network hash rate is  currently 1,857.20 MH/s and well over 1/2 of this is ASIC.  Hence ASIC alone cannot support a coin and it would just die.

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

I'm waiting to see where the massive hashrate from ASICs will go...
Activity: 101
Merit: 1

LOL. Hardfork is tomorrow. a month will be to late Grin Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Activity: 83
Merit: 0
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Who knows what command we need to add in the miner's options for Claymore and CastXMR to allow us to mine after the fork?
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
In this current market down turn, it seems etn has had the most hit, the price keeps plunging down, i know other tokens are also bleeding but not as bad as etn at current of $0.0026, Embarrassed am bit sad but hope to see a bright light at the end of the tunnel Cheesy
its $0.026 not $0.0026
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
In this current market down turn, it seems etn has had the most hit, the price keeps plunging down, i know other tokens are also bleeding but not as bad as etn at current of $0.0026, Embarrassed am bit sad but hope to see a bright light at the end of the tunnel Cheesy
Activity: 279
Merit: 100
1504899 ETN Registered Users

This is right around HALF of Bitcoins userbase!!!!
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
My favorite part of the day! Electroneum news! Smiley (posted around 15 minutes ago on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2004973706431264)

"Hi all, we have two big news pieces to mention today;

📌 First-Just a reminder that ETN’s Network Upgrade will be taking place tomorrow, 30th May at block height 307,500. We suggest that any exchanges or mining pools that have not updated their nodes should do so as a matter of urgency. If your exchange and mining pool nodes are not updated before block 307,500 your ETN will not be recognised by anyone who has completed the upgrade.

After block 307,500 it could take some time for the difficulty to normalise to the new hashing power so the first few hours’ worth of blocks is likely to take longer than normal to mine.

GPU/CPU miners also need to switch to Cryptonight Variant 1 software in preparation.

📌 Second- We have just hit an incredible: 1504899 ETN Registered Users. As always, the ETN community is incredible in both its support and commitment to the brand. Thank you all for your loyalty and support!"
Merit: 13
Just out of curiousity, what happens when most of the hashpower somehow stays with the old chain?

Not 100% but I think the blockchain will split as long as exchanges keep accepting the old and the new blockchains and there are pools that run on both blockchains.
But that doesn't have to happen the moment of the fork, at any point in time someone can copy the code of a blockchain, make an airdrop to the original's blockchain users and try to steal people with empty promises! Tongue

In either case, as long as most people trust the original developer and their choices, there's no reason for a split.

That's more or less what i meant, just fictional of course. So what would happen if let's say for some reason, by accident, not updating, not aware ....75% of the net hashpower stays on the old chain and only 25% mine the new one? I'am not the absolute tech guy here and just trying to figure out what risks a fork brings with eventually....
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I am glad that the team is engaged in code, but I have been waiting for an announcement about cooperation with telephone operators for a long time.

Merit: 13
I think this post is an old announcement
Jump to: