Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 114. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0
No new blocks??? Is everything going as planed or?
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
lets help ETN recover, all GPU miner! Wink

I agree but the network hashrate (Net Hash: 1,615.11 MH/s) is still too high and the price too low.  The net result is that you would be losing money.

Better off mining Eth and buying ETN for the moment.

See... GPU miner are the same greedy shit. not helping at all to smooth transition.

Zcash was right. they are doing fine not listening to GPU miners
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Great! I see that there is a lot less miners now. The ASIC miners can still go mine their XMO. I hope the difficulty of mining is going to be a lot lower.
I hope old CPU miners/laptops are going to be useable. It was impossible to mine with the ASIC miners.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

I agree but the network hashrate (Net Hash: 1,615.11 MH/s) is still too high and the price too low.  The net result is that you would be losing money.

The network hashrate figure hasn't updated since block 307499. It's a lot lower now. Still waiting for block 307500 to be found... almost 2 hours now...
Activity: 413
Merit: 17

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
Difficulty slowly declining. Soon we can point our Vega mining rigs back to ETN  Wink
It will be good if price of ETN going back to 7cents, with current price its not profitable
Not everything is done as fast as we would like in this crazy market. But still, there is always something for what we are here, namely, this is called faith in making a profit in the future. The price I think very soon will be even higher than many expect it.
Activity: 89
I'm not seeing the new blocks on etn.spacepools.org, nor on blockexplorer.electroneum.com.

Is this working properly?

I guess that the first few blocks will be hard to mine. The difficulty is set at high levels for ASIC users so until that falls.....
Over an hour now, still no blocks!
Difficulty is gonna drop like a stone.
Can't wait to see that happening! Cheesy
Activity: 52
Fork Has Happened!

We are a well-known mining pool operation for cryptonote coins, our Electroneum pool (https://electroneum.hashvault.pro) has been a staple for the ETN mining community, now the ASIC's are gone, come support the professional mining pool

HashVault takes mining to the next level, our Electroneum Mining Pool has

• Full-Time staff
  • low payout of 25 ETN
  • fault tolerant GeoDNS on a proven technology stack powering 14 separate pools
  • Ability to spread to 15 different edge locations as demand increases
  • free public blockchain node for your wallet
  • Miners Forum
  • Discord

You won't find a pool who takes your happiness so seriously.

We also have cookies, awesome cookies
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
Difficulty slowly declining. Soon we can point our Vega mining rigs back to ETN  Wink
It will be good if price of ETN going back to 7cents, with current price its not profitable
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
I'm not seeing the new blocks on etn.spacepools.org, nor on blockexplorer.electroneum.com.

I guess that the first few blocks will be hard to mine. The difficulty is set at high levels for ASIC users so until that falls.....

Activity: 212
Merit: 12
Difficulty slowly declining. Soon we can point our Vega mining rigs back to ETN  Wink
It certainly didn't! See ya ASIC miners!  Wink
Per Electroneum's FB page it happened at around 06:30 AM forum time on May 30, 2018. The following message was posted:

"Congratulations to the community ETN’s Network has hit block height 307,500.

Remember if your exchange and mining pool nodes are not updated by now, any new ETN will not be recognised by anyone who has completed the upgrade."

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2005193009742667).

Is this some kind of mistake? I can't open facebook links from where I am but what I can see is that at the moment we're at block 307489
Activity: 4

There are still plenty of CN algo with exchanges: EDL, BCN already getting huge spike in hashrate
I've actually got 3 questions

1/ how come etn.spacepools.org is already accepting hash from me if I specify "normalv7" in my config file? The fork isn't until tomorrow morning!?
2/ can I still mine towards my old wallet address?
3/ Will I be able to upgrade that wallet and keep the address?
1/ they may have trust in you, if you have mined with `normal` before switch to `normalv7` (its just an assumption)
2/ yes
3/ yes
Thanks buddy.
Although I don't really believe the "trust" thing, lol... More like they might be running v7 on testnet. I'm noticing I'm submitting shares but I'm not getting paid for that hash.
EDIT: bloody hell, I am getting paid. I'm confused now...  Huh

Are you using XMR-stak? If I remember correctely, when first Monero announced the update to v7 this miner was instructing us to change the config files into Monero v7 BEFORE the fork. The miner would work on both the old and the new algo when set in v7 based on what the pool provides it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
It certainly didn't! See ya ASIC miners!  Wink
Per Electroneum's FB page it happened at around 06:30 AM forum time on May 30, 2018. The following message was posted:

"Congratulations to the community ETN’s Network has hit block height 307,500.

Remember if your exchange and mining pool nodes are not updated by now, any new ETN will not be recognised by anyone who has completed the upgrade."

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2005193009742667).

EDIT: Apparently I was doing the updating too fast, as the info was changed to the following message on their FB (sorry for any confusion this may have caused, I was very excited about the fork taking place. From now on I may wait a bit before posting updates).

May 30 at 1:50am (If I am not mistaken, my time is GMT-5)
"Just to update you, our hash rate has dropped and we now expect our Network upgrade to reach blockheight 307,500 in roughly 50 minutes time- the team have been busy prepping in office since 6:00 AM UK time for post upgrade tests- thank you for your patience"
(New FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2005232219738746)
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
So exciting. See guys, it didn't take so long  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Getting really close to reaching block height 307,500. These are the latest FB updates:

"We are currently 60 blocks/minutes away from ETN’s Network Upgrade fast approach block height 307,500. All mining pools and exchanges should have already upgraded in preparation of passing this block height.

We will be monitoring as we pass block 307,500 and the height continues to grow. We are aware that during the first few hours’ the blocks are likely to take longer to mine than previously."

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2005192683076033

About an hour before the 60 blocks announcement:

"We are now only 120 blocks away from hitting the ETN’s Network Upgrade point of 307,500 this is expected to be in around 2 hours time.

To confirm- that if your exchange and mining pool nodes are not updated before block 307,500, your ETN will not be recognised by anyone who has completed the upgrade after this point.

Once we have passed block 307,500, it could take some time for the difficulty to normalise to the new hashing power, so the first few hours’ worth of blocks is likely to take longer than normal to mine."

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2005192129742755)
I've actually got 3 questions

1/ how come etn.spacepools.org is already accepting hash from me if I specify "normalv7" in my config file? The fork isn't until tomorrow morning!?
2/ can I still mine towards my old wallet address?
3/ Will I be able to upgrade that wallet and keep the address?
1/ they may have trust in you, if you have mined with `normal` before switch to `normalv7` (its just an assumption)
2/ yes
3/ yes
Thanks buddy.
Although I don't really believe the "trust" thing, lol... More like they might be running v7 on testnet. I'm noticing I'm submitting shares but I'm not getting paid for that hash.
EDIT: bloody hell, I am getting paid. I'm confused now...  Huh
Jump to: