Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 123. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 103
That's great news for ETN! Only 2 weeks before the fork  Cheesy.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Another FB update. News regarding BitBNS, an exchange that has already updated to the new ETN code base (this is the link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1999366773658624)

“Big thanks to BitBNS, this incredible exchange have been very forward thinking and proactive in updating to the new ETN code base- BitBNS have switched over within an impressive 24 hour window! Feel free to head over and take a look at their exchange here: https://bitbns.com/
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
They just posted this update on Facebook regarding the May 30th network upgrade:

"Critical update regarding the Electroneum Network Upgrade-

Hi all, we have important community news; our v2.0 network upgrade is planned for 30th May 2018 (block height 307,500). The estimated time of upgrade will be 09:30 UTC. To enable you to continue trading / mining Electroneum it is critical that you update your Electroneum nodes/wallets in advance of the planned network upgrade.
The latest date you should update by is 29th May, however we suggest that you SWITCH NOW as a matter of urgency.
Please do see fit to share this information as much as possible to ensure a smooth transition that will bring about numerous positive changes for the community! The full information on how to update your nodes are clearly outlined here on the blog: https://electroneum.com/2018/05/17/critical-electroneum-network-upgrade/"

EDIT: Just in case, this is the full content of the blog entry:

"CRITICAL – Electroneum Network Upgrade

As you may be aware our v2.0 network upgrade is planned for 30th May 2018 (block height 307,500). The estimated time of upgrade will be 09:30 UTC. To enable you to continue trading / mining Electroneum it is critical that you update your Electroneum nodes and wallet software in advance of the planned network upgrade. The latest date you should update by is 29th May, however we suggest that you SWITCH NOW as a matter of urgency. All transactions created with the latest RPC and CLI wallets will be accepted after the upgrade block, however if you have any transactions in the mempool that were generated with old versions of the CLI or RPC they will fail and be returned to sender.

Upgrade Overview

This major release is aimed at increasing transaction speed and minimising transaction size, in preparation for mass adoption and an exponential increase in global transactional volume.

Anti- ASIC

Implementation of ASIC resistance.

Transfer Fee Increase

We have increased our base fee from 0.01 ETN to 0.1 ETN.

Reduced Privacy

Disabling RingCT & Mixin privacy features means we can fit significantly more transactions into each block than with them enabled. This means less wait to get a transaction into a block and a leaner blockchain size. Wallets are still private as we will continue to use a new stealth wallet address for every blockchain transaction so there is still significantly more privacy than with Bitcoin or Ethereum, but considerably less privacy than with a privacy focused coin like Monero.

Mempool life to 3 days

During times of high transactional volumes you will now have 3 days for the transaction to complete rather than the current 24 hours period.

2 minute blocks

We are moving from one to two minute blocks which will significantly decrease the chance of an orphan block being created.

Block Reward

We are doubling the block reward to ensure that the daily ETN block reward is unaffected.

Reduce difficulty window

We are reducing the difficulty window to check every 360 blocks to adjust the difficulty every 12 hours (in line with current adjustment period).

What happens if I don’t update my nodes?

Failure to update your nodes in advance of the upgrade on May 30th will result in the following:

You will no longer be able to trade Electroneum

You would still be getting valid looking transaction hashes but they would be FALSE
You will have to resynchronise your blockchain data after implementing the correct daemon
Any deposits made on / after the network upgrade will not be visible to you
Any withdrawals on / after the network upgrade will not be visible to the end customer
Ultimately this will result in a huge amount of additional administration to resolve the above deposit and withdrawal failures

Ways to update your nodes

Method One – Compile from source code

Using our GitHub page (link below). Once compiled override the old binaries with the new ones.

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/tree/v2.0.0.0

Method Two – Download binaries

From our GitHub release page (link below). Once downloaded you need to check the ‘checksum’ on the zip files to confirm that they are the official versions. Unzip the new binaries over the old ones.

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Checking you’re up to date

Once completed restart and check that you are running the correct version of the daemon and wallet software using this command:

Linux / Mac
./electroneumd –version
./electroneum-wallet-cli –version
./electroneum-wallet-rpc –version –rpc-bind-port 12345

Windows
electroneumd.exe –version
electroneum-wallet-cli.exe –version
electroneum-wallet-rpc.exe –version –rpc-bind-port 12345

These commands should output the following:

Electroneum ‘May 2018’ (v2.0.0.0-31f729a)

Thank you for your continued support for the Electroneum project.

The Electroneum Team"
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases

any word of this update? about what should we do?
we still can mining now?
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Does anyone have any information on the payment extension they were building for WordPress ?

Got this answer over as reddit

You can find it on the Electroneum Github as a folder that you can copy to your wp-content/plugins directory. Then you'll see it in the list of plugins in your wordpress dashboard where you can activate it.

But it is still in beta. Has been for ages!

They strongly urge you against deploying it in a live environment, because it may still contain errors that could end up with the customer either losing their ETN or having a bad customer experience, and leaving you to do lots of customer service and patch the bruises.

This guy has implemented it for testing purposes, so you can test it out there in beta format (https://electroneum.academy/index.php/shop/).

I think there are two ways in which this plugin can work, and you can configure which option you want to use in the settings. One is that you run a fully synced node on your web server that can track incoming payments to your wallet. Quite advanced stuff, and will probably require a dedicated server on your part.

The other involves using the API of blockexplorer.electroneum.com to check if the payment has gone through. The payments page then just refreshes indefinitely until the software detects a payment, and this can take hours when the blockchain is really congested (https://electroneum101.com/statistics/mempool-size.php), leaving the customer frustrated.

So neither of these are truly user friendly for either the user or website owner.

I've been aching to start accepting ETN on my website, too, but I'd rather wait for their instant payment system that should launch sometime after 8 June, if I'm understanding things correctly. That way your plugin can get instant notifications that the funds have been reserved and are on their way to you, and you can let the customer have his/her product. Much better user experience, and a lot less customer service!

I feel sorry for the people who bought small numbers as they will just get their investment back.

Unless, they can hold their ETN as the price is going to rise over the next two weeks!
Activity: 75
Does anyone have any information on the payment extension they were building for WordPress ?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
I see many of you have the correct approach.

Those of you getting frustrated, understand that this is a large scale project. The timeframe is what I say "normal time" not "old crypto time" where a day equals a week.

Patience. It will be well worth the wait
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
does this mean that protection from ASICs will be implemented?
yes, that would be very cool. After all, now mining ETN on video cards - unprofitable, ASICs take all the profits themselves.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
the price of electroneum is still very far from our expectations, whether it will return as early or will not penetrate another 10 cent.I am sure until now there is still hold ETN
Price is so cheap. buying now feel like stealing 

Agreed with you that like mega Summer sale it is great decision to take advantage the drop of the price. Big updates will come soon surely it will boost this and I also doing the same in this time.

I can see it reaching a all time high in during the summer. Right now it is a good time to accumulate and HODL Smiley

I agree buy now before the rush!
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Agreed with you that like mega Summer sale it is great decision to take advantage the drop of the price. Big updates will come soon surely it will boost this and I also doing the same in this time.

I can see it reaching a all time high in during the summer. Right now it is a good time to accumulate and HODL Smiley
Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
 I expect increase in ETN tokens value because some whales will try to buy at slightly and then huge rally ahead. I might be wrong but this is my stance on the upcoming situation.
Activity: 52
You are just plugging your forum so let's no beat around the bush.

I'm not hiding that, whats your point? I provided something of use; I'm not spamming by delivering genuine contextual information Smiley

Here is an official link to your planted response!

https://electroneum.com/2018/04/25/blockchain-update/

it's very wordy, should have posted the official link with my highlights post which has the official link I guess

You are just plugging your forum so let's no beat around the bush.
Activity: 98
Activity: 52

Here is an official link to your planted response!

https://electroneum.com/2018/04/25/blockchain-update/

it's very wordy, should have posted the official link with my highlights post which has the official link I guess
Jump to: