Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 369. (Read 240341 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Well, if anybody participated in Everex ICO, situation was similar. We waited over a month for audits to end, before the tokens were released. Everybody was crying all over the place, but now EVX is on market and price looking good, people forgot about. Hope we will see this scenario here also.

Hey Sud,

Do you happen to know what was the reason for Everex team for taking so long to release the tokens?
Where there any details provided on the hack and the actions taken?

Thank you.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
This project look like the end game of the developers is to rip people off, not much has been said concerning the mining reward and alot of these coins are entering the market, is this not inside job to give some people this advantage
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Contraband,

Has any of the developers found 10 minutes to look into the pools' payments?

Look, we all know that the pools kept mining, everybody understands that.
So eventually there will be a question raised whether those money were taken by the developers or where the heck are they.

I would like this answered as well, as we all lost valuable early mining time which should have equaled some nice rewards.

Even though they already screwed us on selling at good prices, I still want my coins that I mined to hodl for later.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
All I want to do is see my mined coins in my wallet .. I can't see them..... I'm going to hold for a long time. Wink
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Ok I can understand the security side with the APP and site, but there is actually no reason they can not send out the ICO coins , they have all the data, they are really testing everyones patients, and no I dont want to dump them , I would prefer them under my control , cause my security will kill anything they have or will set up!! So I think even if they have to manually send out to every person there ICO coins then they should, cause the coders are coding (apparently), but there is a lot of other people just sitting around flapping there gums and making coffee, might be a idea to teach them how to send out transfers,

Agreed.

There's no excuse for them not releasing people's coins while they belatedly figure out how to build a one coin exchange, which is essentially what their mobile app is.

"Send us your ETN address and and we'll tx your ETN." Easy. All they need is a list of addresses and balances, and a simple script to feed them to a working daemon.

They either have the means to link an investor to their purchase, or they don't , and if they don't then the investors are all screwed.

Some people want the team to send the coins to their wallets manually? like seriously? are you sure you're not retarded or something? They will send to 100k+ wallets manually then your wallet will be at #99k, then you will cry here 'coz some people can dump their coin earlier than you! Transferring your own coin will give you equal chance as others (unless you f*cked up and overslept or something) to dump their coin earlier.

If you're afraid of the market, you're in the wrong game.

I think the reason they will not give the coins out manually to us is what if you are the last person to manually get their coins? The people they did first might have sold and the price down to nothing. I think everyone involved needs to get their coins released at the one time?

It is impossible for everyone to get there coins at the same time. It's a blockchain, limited txes per block. Those who invested soonest should be first to recieve.

what do you want? stolen coins or delayed launch?

once they re open the site the hakcers will automatically bomb the website and boom all coins stolen
why you still not understand that?
you want them to manually send the coins? goodness...

Did anyone actually mention a manual process? I think what people are requesting is a simple wallet or exchange address linked to their email for those who want their ICO funds. It doesn’t have to be manual and there is a desktop cli wallet already available. It would mean another job for them to do while they already have their hands full so I'm not sure it's the right way to go.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Ok I can understand the security side with the APP and site, but there is actually no reason they can not send out the ICO coins , they have all the data, they are really testing everyones patients, and no I dont want to dump them , I would prefer them under my control , cause my security will kill anything they have or will set up!! So I think even if they have to manually send out to every person there ICO coins then they should, cause the coders are coding (apparently), but there is a lot of other people just sitting around flapping there gums and making coffee, might be a idea to teach them how to send out transfers,

Agreed.

There's no excuse for them not releasing people's coins while they belatedly figure out how to build a one coin exchange, which is essentially what their mobile app is.

"Send us your ETN address and and we'll tx your ETN." Easy. All they need is a list of addresses and balances, and a simple script to feed them to a working daemon.

They either have the means to link an investor to their purchase, or they don't , and if they don't then the investors are all screwed.

Some people want the team to send the coins to their wallets manually? like seriously? are you sure you're not retarded or something? They will send to 100k+ wallets manually then your wallet will be at #99k, then you will cry here 'coz some people can dump their coin earlier than you! Transferring your own coin will give you equal chance as others (unless you f*cked up and overslept or something) to dump their coin earlier.

I think the reason they will not give the coins out manually to us is what if you are the last person to manually get their coins? The people they did first might have sold and the price down to nothing. I think everyone involved needs to get their coins released at the one time?

It is impossible for everyone to get there coins at the same time. It's a blockchain, limited txes per block. Those who invested soonest should be first to recieve.

once they re open the site the hakcers will automatically bomb the website and boom all coins stolen

You don't have to open any site or mobile wallet or anything. Coins goes to wallet address through blockchain, and nobody can steal anything that way. Seriously, that is how blockchain works.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules

Agreed.

Activity: 633
Merit: 500
B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io
So much negitive stuff on social media now, it's quite sad.  I think in the long run, the pen testing and security will be great, but as an investor I am also a little cheesed off.  Bottom line is nothing you can do, if you were planning on holding long term like I was, im not that bothered in all honestly.  But I understand why profit seekers would be mad.

Well spoken!
Activity: 1624
I am still waiting for this distribution to be done, but many problems in their system that may be very vulnerable to hacking, which may be quite detrimental to many parties, hopefully this can be overcome very well until the time distribution is done by the team ...
Activity: 1274
Merit: 646
So much negitive stuff on social media now, it's quite sad.  I think in the long run, the pen testing and security will be great, but as an investor I am also a little cheesed off.  Bottom line is nothing you can do, if you were planning on holding long term like I was, im not that bothered in all honestly.  But I understand why profit seekers would be mad.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Agreed.

Activity: 251
Merit: 103
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Seriously 3 to 4 weeks of waiting! Why was this not done or initiated sooner like seriously you guys had so much funding before you even started the Ico. Why would we invest in something that is not being done properly this is ridiculous.
Now that I'm done ranting I am glad that you guys are at least doing something about it. still not happy with the way this launches gone now. Looks like I'll have to be an investor instead of a Trader
sud
Why is market cap decreasing on cmc, yesterday it was aroud 250mil and now I 200mil. Can somewone explane this?

Because the price is dropping? DUH

Marketcap = circulating supply*price
Activity: 129
Why is market cap decreasing on cmc, yesterday it was aroud 250mil and now I 200mil. Can somewone explane this?
Activity: 633
B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io
Again.. this is a currently profitable POW coin.. miners are happy.. in the end, so will everyone else. If ICO buyers think this price would have held up .. your mistaken.
sud
Well, if anybody participated in Everex ICO, situation was similar. We waited over a month for audits to end, before the tokens were released. Everybody was crying all over the place, but now EVX is on market and price looking good, people forgot about. Hope we will see this scenario here also.
Activity: 7
Coming from a DevOps background I must confess I'm really, really underwhelmed by everything so far. Who'd thunk that a rag tag team of app coders wouldn't be the perfect fit to code enterprise web security and scalability? So far pretty much every time estimate has been off and communication is starting to sound more and more desperate. "AS YOU KNOW, AFTER EXPERIENCING A REAL, CREDIBLE, SECURITY THREAT" sounds like a page from Donald Trump's playbook.

Web security and scalability is not really that difficult if you have a clue what you are doing. There are design patterns and commonly agreed upon best practices to build upon and any web developer with a few years of experience knows this. One could also question the decision to let everybody wait for those who have had their weak ass passwords exploited in previous attacks without doing something about it. It's not like the yahoo breach and others are not well known by now and those affected have had plenty of time to do something about it. Just reset every password in the database and open the site – it's not like hackerone is going to be able to fix the issue of some people's mail accounts being compromised.

It's going to be an upphill battle for the team to earn back the trust of this community and so far, in my opinion, they are losing ground by the day.

Activity: 42
The project contains lots of amazing ideas. Good luck, devs. I will follow it very closely.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
Update on FB:

As you know, after experiencing a real, credible, security threat, we closed access to the Electroneum wallet system and app to allow time to completely overhaul our software and network infrastructure.

We've been working closely with Amazon AWS (our network infrastructure providers) and we've been implementing security enhancements from our discussions with them and from a third party security consultants.

After officially becoming one of the top 30 cryptocurrencies in the world ( https://coinmarketcap.com/ ) and following the advice of our security consultants, we have taken the decision that in the interest of our users' security we should apply an Enterprise level security audit and extensive penetration testing before release.

We’ve enagaged the services of a security agency that works for the US Department of Defense as well as Coinbase, Spotify, Uber, Blockchain and dozens more top tech companies. We have agreed terms with Hackerone (Hackerone.com) in San Francisco, one of the world's top security and vulnerability testing experts. Hackerone are to carry out vulnerability and and penetration testing of our platform before launch. The indicated testing timescales are three to four weeks.

I'd like to once again apologise for the inconvenience that this continued delay has caused you. We have done this in the interest of all our users, and to ensure we are in the best possible position to achieve the first mass adoption of a cryptocurrency, and be an attractive secure payment solution to commercial partners.

Say goodbye to any possible profits ever.  Roll Eyes
I trying my best to support this coin , But to be honest this has gone too far , can anyone post any prove to this bolded sentence ( we need to see prove , until this moment a lot of talk no real actions )  . miners was mining air ( only the coins they mined for some days now and we said no problem we need them for blockchain ) . Now what ? !! another 3 weeks miners getting reward for mining air !! . Also something not adding up here ! What kind of vulnerability that need all this force to work on it and still not got fixed until now ? Something strange happening and no one brave enough to say what it is .  

What's happening is that they have a great marketing team but no real coders. They are going under the guise they need security fixes when in fact they need to fix their code first and foremost. If you look at their github, you will see they haven't done anything since Oct 31st. If they can actually hire good coders and get the project live, it could turn around, but every day they delay, just makes them loose credibility.

It has nothing to do with the coins code.. but the platform itself that is holding investors funds.. so i would not be looking for updates on the github
That is the problem there is no platform holding our money ! Because there was no blockchain until launch . Our moeny was just virtual numbers on account and we would have to transfer it to real coins on launch date . By the way this is there words not mine , When people asked them why no F2A , They said no worry even if we got hacked this is not real coins . Now what I want to know what is the kind of vulnerability that need all this force ? , there is no kid of vulnerability that I know off that need all this work .
By the way I know what is going on , I said it from start , The excuse of protecting users money is just BS . What really is happening , They discovered they had bad code in the day of launch really bad that they need to rewrite the whole thing and that is what happening now . They can not come out straight to say this because all the money they collected they promised to hire top coders in the industry and they simply can not come out now to say sorry we hired the cheapest ones and they failed .  
Jump to: