Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 42. (Read 240343 times)

Activity: 413
Merit: 17
This good thing about this forum is that you can speak your mind.  I am a firm believer that if you don't like something then you should leave.

Activity: 212
Merit: 12
The ridiculous excuse for using KYC is that "big companies will make deals with ETN" "more partnerships" blah blah blah... but you are missing the most important part... PEOPLE WONT FILL KYC TO USE ETN. At least nobody outside ETN community will bother. Stop lying to your investors telling them this is a huge step towards mass adoption, it is not!.

This is so true. I'm with this community pre-ICO, however I will just transfer my ETN to an exchange. I'd rather send my ETN to an (unsafe) exchange than send my personal documents to a random bloke in the UK. Moreover, since I won't be using Electroneum's mobile wallet, I'll just delete it from my phone.

There goes your mass adoption, great job team.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
That is true this sudden move on KYC has created fear and disappointment in ETN holders. This makes no sense to introduce KYC at this stage this way. I do agree that crypto is for freedom and maximum privacy and lot of people will leave the project. One way can be to introduce KYC for those who want to make instant payments but those holders should be exempted from this requirement.
I read that we can fall to 1 satosh? is it really that bad with this coin

There is so much Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, often shortened to FUD, around at the moment as people are worried about their precious coins not bearing well at the moment. Hence you will have owners from other coins coming into this forum and throwing rocks.  People tend to focus on the exact technical detail of the coin but the following story proves that it is not all about the tech :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_format_war

You should only be worried when there is no development and that is a clear sign that a coin is in trouble.  ETN is slowly but surely pushing forward with their development plans so you have nothing to worry about.  People will drop into the forum and pick holes and throw rocks but this is part of the game.  The smart people will listen and learn as crypto is still not fully mature so enjoy the ride.

Some crypto people on this forum are fickle as they are new, invest in another coin or lack the maturity.  At the moment ETN is relatively solid coin in a volatile market.  Remember to take most comments on this forum with a pinch of salt and try to stay objective.

With that all being said only invest what you can afford to lose and have fun!

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
In what way will there be KYC?
There is a video about the KYC and they're plans on the Electroneum Facebook page.

In short they are integrating Yoti(a KYC service) with the wallet and it will be mandatory in a month or so.

This is indeed great news!

No, its NOT great news. Stop lying to the people. Nobody wants to do KYC just to use a crypto. This is just going to kill ETN. There is no way this will be mass adopted now. Nobody outside ETN will bother to do KYC just to use ETN, let alone people outside of the crypto world. This is a HUGE step back. Stop deceiving people telling them this is great news, all the contrary. Why did you hard fork from monero then?.

The ridiculous excuse for using KYC is that "big companies will make deals with ETN" "more partnerships" blah blah blah... but you are missing the most important part... PEOPLE WONT FILL KYC TO USE ETN. At least nobody outside ETN community will bother. Stop lying to your investors telling them this is a huge step towards mass adoption, it is not!.

You raised 40 million dollars and your blockchain is still slow and with many bugs. Just take a look at the ETN forums and channels, transactions are taking hours and even days. What a shitshow.
Activity: 88
Merit: 5
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
I read that we can fall to 1 satosh? is it really that bad with this coin
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
It would be interesting to see the instant payment system compared to Digibyte. This coin is also fast as hell.

No, it is really not. DGB is getting beaten by faster competition. It is an old coin that never grew significantly in price either. ETN is much better.

Are you kidding me? You wanna tell me this isn't fast? I guess you should do a little bit more research, just btw... price of Digibyte is much more stable as the price of electroneum.
I`m holding 15x more electroneum than Digibyte. But we need to be still critical, thats why i`m asking Wink

I am not interested in videos, but thecnical data. 560 tps is a joke these days. Wake up and smell the coffee.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Well, ETN isn't fast, confirmations on blockchain are pretty slow to be honest. This payment system is working off-chain, that is why it can do instant transactions.
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
It would be interesting to see the instant payment system compared to Digibyte. This coin is also fast as hell.

No, it is really not. DGB is getting beaten by faster competition. It is an old coin that never grew significantly in price either. ETN is much better.

Are you kidding me? You wanna tell me this isn't fast? I guess you should do a little bit more research, just btw... price of Digibyte is much more stable as the price of electroneum.
I`m holding 15x more electroneum than Digibyte. But we need to be still critical, thats why i`m asking Wink

Activity: 541
Merit: 100
waiting ETN goin to 1 satoshi  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
This is another great achievement which is going to bring the ETN back in the game with instant payments. Once the platform was secured with that kind of testing after that instant payments are one more step towards a mass adoption and make it real usable coin. I was watching the development on this feature and finally it is here.
Activity: 434
Merit: 109
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
As I have been away for a few days, I just learned about the new KYC implementation. Although it took me by surprise, after watching the video it made a bit more sense. In summary, it is required for many of the partnerships / MOUs (as "lawyers don't like the anonymity of crypto"). Soft-launch began on the 10th of this month and it will be optional during the first 30 days, but after 30 days it will be mandatory (will be split into two tiers). If you want more info, be sure to watch the video.

"On our latest video, #Electroneum CEO Richard Ells talks about KYC (Know Your Customer) and our newest partner, @GetYoti, who we’re working with to deliver it. Check it out here:https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/516919168748902/"

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cFLTzOFzOc

That is big achievement of the team and this is really great presentation to see it live how it working really fast. This will bring more attention to this project they are working on fastest and cheaper digital payment and it has good solution right now.
Activity: 129
Merit: 0
What abaut IOS app? I am in test beta program and app is not working...
I have to admit the instant payments that are supported by institutions because of KYC are a good development.
I cant believe that coin that was funded 40 mil trough ICO, doesnt have even desktop wallet...
I dont see any progress here except more exchanges added.

FUD FUD and these planted statements have got to stop!
Pages:
Jump to: