Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 52. (Read 240343 times)

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

Good thing is that nobody cares and the price direction isn't up to you in any means or a handfull disapointed miners.

sure, it just drops constantly...

yes, really? Let's check that:

May 04th: Price Asic mined: $0.0363
May 29th: Price at fork to GPU: $0.0227
Jun 28th: Price with GPU: $0.0089
Aug 01st: Price today: $0.0110

Checking the time line only thing i see is a huge price drop due the gpu debacle,
nothing else and a hard recovery from that after the fork back.

Or in %:

From Fork to Asic Resistance and GPU Mining low: -60.79%
From GPU Mining Low until today: +23.60%

When you have numbers, digits and charts it gets visible immediatly what when why happened.
After you talk about a drop, you know now when the huge drop happened.  Wink

how can you compare the minimum with the maximum? you think this is fair? and all your posts are so " honest"  Cheesy

ok, lets see numbers:
before fork back to Asic, last day of GPU Mining (5 July) - 0.00000240 BTC
today, Asic Mining (1 August)                                     - 0.00000148 BTC (-40%)
or
GPU Mining low - 0.00000150 BTC
Asic Mining low - 0.00000133 BTC (-12%)

and please dont talk about price in fiat:

cryptopia trade volume ETN/BTC - 26 BTC
cryptopia trade volume ETN/USDT - 30k USDT (its only 4 BTC)

kucoin trade volume ETN/BTC - 17 BTC
kucoin trade volume ETN/USDT - no (0 BTC)

so, it doest matter what price of ETN in usd.

Activity: 420
Merit: 13
28 Jun 2018: 152 satoshi
1 Aug 2018: 140 satoshi

You do realise that when looking only the USD value, the one month jump you observed of +20% is due to Bitcoin going up 20% Cheesy

I'am not the one that mentioned a continous price drop. And even if we don't take into account the +23.60% raise, we still have the -61% gpu mining debacle drop ....
Activity: 212
Merit: 12
28 Jun 2018: 152 satoshi
1 Aug 2018: 140 satoshi

You do realise that when looking only the USD value, the one month jump you observed of +20% is due to Bitcoin going up 20% Cheesy

Good thing is that nobody cares and the price direction isn't up to you in any means or a handfull disapointed miners.

yes, really? Let's check that:

May 04th: Price Asic mined: $0.0363
May 29th: Price at fork to GPU: $0.0227
Jun 28th: Price with GPU: $0.0089
Aug 01st: Price today: $0.0110

Checking the time line only thing i see is a huge price drop due the gpu debacle,
nothing else and a hard recovery from that after the fork back.

Or in %:

From Fork to Asic Resistance and GPU Mining low: -60.79%

When you have numbers, digits and charts it gets visible immediatly what when why happened.
After you talk about a drop, you know now when the huge drop happened.  Wink

I suggest you ask coinbene best as it's up to them and after it seems of high importance to you.
Here the coinbene twitter announcement of listing ETN, let us know what the answer is please:
https://twitter.com/coinbene/status/1021215730308591616
Nice tweet! I love the picture! Don't you like it as well?

So we have a no-coin teaming up with a Chinese exchange, which of course is missing the release date.
In plain English means: Not keeping their word/cannot be relied on.
That should be expected.

Just move on than, there are about 2500 other coins/projects around the block, why wasting time here?
Your argumentation sounds more like an "angry-child-gpu-miner-didn't-get-what-he-wanted" behaviour.
100% you are one of these gpu miners, right? Just too lazy to look it up. Typical. Good thing is that nobody
cares and the price direction isn't up to you in any means or a handfull disapointed miners.
Activity: 206
Merit: 0
What's going on with Coinbene listing? I thought Electroneum was planned to start trading there on July 24th, but it hasn't. Any info what's up?

is this a such marketing move - to announce the listing and not to do it?

contraband - comment it, please!

so, July ended - what about Coinbene listing?

I suggest you ask coinbene best as it's up to them and after it seems of high importance to you.
Here the coinbene twitter announcement of listing ETN, let us know what the answer is please:
Nice tweet! I love the picture! Don't you like it as well?

So we have a no-coin teaming up with a Chinese exchange, which of course is missing the release date.
In plain English means: Not keeping their word/cannot be relied on.
That should be expected.
What's going on with Coinbene listing? I thought Electroneum was planned to start trading there on July 24th, but it hasn't. Any info what's up?

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
ETN Live on Next has some huge potential!  A fiat link with paypal - This is huge - making Crypto nice and simple.  Secondly ETN is a trading pair, just like BTC or ETH on other exchanges.  People buying into any crypto on next could start with buying ETN as transactions are fast and its cheap to send.  I know it's early days and there is pleanty of testing to be done, but this really is a step in the right direction.Great job all involved. Smiley

Although the price is not really that good we are all back to zero, we should still shows support just like what you are doing, people are expecting this coin to take off after the Ico, but it's the other way around I hardly look on the update of this project and just prefer to be a passive holders of electroneum it's a big gamble for me but I am comfortable with my losses.
lol ya especially after they switched back to ASIC mining to appease them and others.... guess it didn't work out so good.  Grin

Actually it seems to work out way better as the GPU debacle than back.

At least the coin is 51% attack secure. Actually one of the very view ones that can no longer be 51% attacked.
That alone is a huge success and only a handfull coins/projects including ETN is at least safe from nicehash 51% attacks.
As far as the 51% attack, its more in theory than a real event. In 5 1/2 years I've never known of an intentional attack on a coin that was worth anything. There was a time with BTC a fork happened unintentionally but was quickly identified and miners took action to correct. And that was in the CPU/GPU days  Grin

If anyone can identify an attack that resulted in the true takeover of a coin by an entity with malicious intentions please link it here. Id like to know, always a chance I missed it lol

You know that when someone speaks/writes about 51% attacks it includes all kind of attacks, beginning from time spoofing up to selfish mining attacks, as with all you need for a given time bigger % of the nethash.
A pure 51% take over attack is the worst case, doesn't mean that the other attacks are much better, as every successfull attack is just bad for a given project. A project being secure from whatever such attacks is a huge advantage only a view coins have and right now ETN is one of these view coins/tokesn/projects that due the huge asic hashrate can not longer be attacked.

If you need info about 2018 successfull attacks, let me know, can write you a list with at least 20 coins and multi 10M damage/stollen/hacked/spoofed/ coins.

Well since you put it like that lol... I was simple referring to a takeover. Just haven't heard or read of anything significant in my time or the coins i have mined  Wink

/stollen/hacked/spoofed/ coins.

these are a bit of a different story.

Actually it's not a bit of different story as all over it's 1 story.

Just trying to explain it absolutly simple:
Under 51% attack it is referred to take over the network, but that's misleading for several reasons. The first one is that you actually do not need 51% but less, in many cases much less and it can go as low as 10-20% to "temporary" take over a network. The 2nd is that the 51% attack is mostly referred to an absolute take over, but nobody has interest in that, therefore all these attacks result in double spending, time spoofing, selfish mining, you name it attacks resulting of the so called 51% attack. The reason is just easy money. You invest, let's say 1.000 USD per hour for nicehash traffic, mine secretly your blockchain and at some time you insert/inject it into the main blockchain with short injection of more rented hashpower making your secretly mined blockchain the valid one and orphan the real blockchain. Until the real blockchain catches up to invalide the other one, you have enough time to make whatever you want (some minutes to several hours).

Many allready don't refer anymore to a 51% attack but as a majority attack, as it fits way better, and than split it into a undergroup of the purpose, be it selfish mining, double spending, time spoofing, whatever. I just used the term 51% as it's more common.

No big deal with so much possible rentable hashpower available from nicehash and other rental service. It's easier than several years ago. Nowdays you rent the needed hashrate cheap, no need for buying hardware whatever. Hence why it should a big concern for about 95% of all POW projects that work/live on such low network that at any time a bad actor could attack them (for whatever gain/reason).

My personal opinion is that when you know the network is secure from whatever attack a dev team for sure sleeps better and can concentrate on more important things. Of course a network can be successfull secured by GPU as well, but so far there is only Ethereum with ~250.000 Th/s hashrate and a mixed GPU/BOT/CPU Monero coin with 479 MH/s hashrate.  Only these are the attack-safe non asic coins.
ETN is now 1 of the 18 or 19 fully attack secured asic coins. For me personally it doesn't matter with what it's secured, enough it is secured. Obviously GPU's didn't do the job, hence asics for ETN seems to be the way better choice from a security point of view. Everyting else comes later. Security must be absolute first priortiy as everything else without security is doomed to fail soon or late.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
lol ya especially after they switched back to ASIC mining to appease them and others.... guess it didn't work out so good.  Grin

At least the coin is 51% attack secure. Actually one of the very view ones that can no longer be 51% attacked.
That alone is a huge success and only a handfull coins/projects including ETN is at least safe from nicehash 51% attacks.
As far as the 51% attack, its more in theory than a real event. In 5 1/2 years I've never known of an intentional attack on a coin that was worth anything. There was a time with BTC a fork happened unintentionally but was quickly identified and miners took action to correct. And that was in the CPU/GPU days  Grin

If anyone can identify an attack that resulted in the true takeover of a coin by an entity with malicious intentions please link it here. Id like to know, always a chance I missed it lol

You know that when someone speaks/writes about 51% attacks it includes all kind of attacks, beginning from time spoofing up to selfish mining attacks, as with all you need for a given time bigger % of the nethash.
A pure 51% take over attack is the worst case, doesn't mean that the other attacks are much better, as every successfull attack is just bad for a given project. A project being secure from whatever such attacks is a huge advantage only a view coins have and right now ETN is one of these view coins/tokesn/projects that due the huge asic hashrate can not longer be attacked.

If you need info about 2018 successfull attacks, let me know, can write you a list with at least 20 coins and multi 10M damage/stollen/hacked/spoofed/ coins.

EXACTLY!!

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!

And on a side note, theyve had a Monero Dev hired for months now, along with other highly capable Devs in the crypto space.

Those that think theyre lacking in Tech, have been listening to way too much FUD.

Though they didnt plan to fork and then fork right back, other than that, they havent made "mistakes", just decisions some dont agree with because they are taking actions as if this is a startup, not just launching a coin.

Remember, were still growing and continuing to add users at a faster pace than Facebook and Twitter did at this time in their history!!

We are also still on pace to be the coin with the most active users within a year from now. Already, in less than a year, we are more than halfway to passing BTC in total number of users.
Couldn't have said that better myself  Smiley  lol
legendary
lol ya especially after they switched back to ASIC mining to appease them and others.... guess it didn't work out so good.  Grin

As far as the 51% attack, its more in theory than a real event. In 5 1/2 years I've never known of an intentional attack on a coin that was worth anything. There was a time with BTC a fork happened unintentionally but was quickly identified and miners took action to correct. And that was in the CPU/GPU days  Grin

Well since you put it like that lol... I was simple referring to a takeover. Just haven't heard or read of anything significant in my time or the coins i have mined  Wink

/stollen/hacked/spoofed/ coins.

these are a bit of a different story.
Merit: 110
I read somewhere on the forum about Google banning cryptocurrency mining apps in their Play Store (per their new updates), glad to see Electroneum already released some news regarding this and how it won't affect ETN.

"Just to reassure everyone, Google have updated their terms and conditions to prevent phone mining, but this does not impact Electroneum. ETN mobile mining is accepted under Google's "Remote Mining" because it's a mining emulation. Great news for #financialinclusion as #Electroneum is unaffected.
Have a great weekend everyone!"

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2054696518125649)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
lol ya especially after they switched back to ASIC mining to appease them and others.... guess it didn't work out so good.  Grin

As far as the 51% attack, its more in theory than a real event. In 5 1/2 years I've never known of an intentional attack on a coin that was worth anything. There was a time with BTC a fork happened unintentionally but was quickly identified and miners took action to correct. And that was in the CPU/GPU days  Grin

EXACTLY!!

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!

And on a side note, theyve had a Monero Dev hired for months now, along with other highly capable Devs in the crypto space.

Those that think theyre lacking in Tech, have been listening to way too much FUD.

Though they didnt plan to fork and then fork right back, other than that, they havent made "mistakes", just decisions some dont agree with because they are taking actions as if this is a startup, not just launching a coin.

Remember, were still growing and continuing to add users at a faster pace than Facebook and Twitter did at this time in their history!!

We are also still on pace to be the coin with the most active users within a year from now. Already, in less than a year, we are more than halfway to passing BTC in total number of users.
I hadn't though about that but it's probably true, since most Cryptonight coins moved to the updated algo in order to get rid of the ASICs, therefore every ASIC that has been produced for the old algo is only usable on ETN and maybe a few other, less known coins. Thanks to that fact, we now have a pretty secure network.

You are more or less right about that one, just a little correction. ETN forked back as the 2nd biggest coin, biggest coin by market cap is still Bytecoin. The next big projects mineable by Asics on cryptonite are Sumo and Dero and Dynasty. Beside that there are about 35 smaller coins minable on crytonite. I was surprised my own to find out how many coins there are actually on the "old" cryptnite algo that didn't fork away.

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
In 2018, with effective leadership, the electronic eum can change the world, not only survive, but also develop well.Become part of ETN, work together, develop.
legendary

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

I hadn't though about that but it's probably true, since most Cryptonight coins moved to the updated algo in order to get rid of the ASICs, therefore every ASIC that has been produced for the old algo is only usable on ETN and maybe a few other, less known coins. Thanks to that fact, we now have a pretty secure network.

By the way I was looking for an "accepting Electroneum" sticker for a friend's shop, and found the following which I liked... in case anyone wants it,
Pages:
Jump to: