Pages:
Author

Topic: [PoS] Edgecoin - Marketplace - Gambling - Advanced Wallet - 15hrs IPO stage 1 - page 13. (Read 37173 times)

Din
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
IPO will divide 5% of the total edgecoin , right?
50 billion is for IPO or for the whole edgecoin?

IPO has been upped to 15%

50 Billion is max coins, total coins of Edgecoin
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

Sounds like a perfect distribution plan Grin
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Din
too short an ipo. too little given to early investors(3%) AND only get your coins after 30 days or something.. most of the coins mined will be dumped by then. think il pass on this one..

The IPO is 30 days, split into 3 phases.

A total of 5% is being given, which is actually a lot. Exocoin is giving like 50% right? A little crazy in my opinion as most IPO coins do 1-3% TOTAL.

You're focusing too much on how many coins you'll make, not how much potential value they will hold.

You get 3.33% of your respective earnings every day following launch this is actually to PREVENT dumping, a tactic first seen in Reddcoin.

This makes no sense at all. Assuming you were to get a decent amount of investors in each stage (which it does not look like is going to happen for stage one) it would make more sense for them to put whatever they were going to invest into leasing miners. Within the first week ALONE 13 billion coins will have already been mined. For the sake of easy math let's pretend you managed to get 100 equal investors over the 3 phases. at 22%~ a week you are only distributing 550 million of investor's coins. Less than 5% of what will have already been mined. How is that preventing dumping even a little bit? I could spend 1 BTC to lease miners and get ~150MH/s for one full day. If you don't maintain a net hash rate of atleast 1.5gh/s I would make 200 million in one DAY alone when each of your 100 equal investors would only receive 25 million in one MONTH. And if you don't manage to get atleast 100 investors that means the coin is probably not popular and the nethash will be low. . And then there's the fact that miner's get to take full advantage of the PoS from day one if they choose not to dump while your investor's coins are gaining interest in your wallet. Redd coin is also sitting at 7 satoshi isn't it?

To reiterate you are distributing 550 million of investor's coins the first week when 13 billion coins will have been mined, and you are saying this is going to prevent dumping? Miner's are going to be dumping the first day it hits an exchange while the coin is most valuable and one month later your investor's will finally receive all of their useless coins.

After talking to some other investors I 100% agree with you. IPO will be released in its entirety immediately following launch.

Website will be updated tomorrow.

I feel the IPO has been very successful so far and will only continue to pick up as we continue to build and improve. You don't need hundreds of investors to have thousands of miners.

I would like to add that in less than 48 hours we've brought in 9 more investors, nearly quadrupling our previous BTC total. In this time we've continued to listen to investors and perfect Edgecoin for them, not us.

Thank you for the feedback! Smiley

I'm glad you are gaining investors however if the first stage ends soon that is still an extremely unhealthy distribution of coins and will only make investing in the later stages seem very unattractive. Especially in the last stage, competing against other investors for a small share of 0.5% would still not be cost effective vs. leasing miners, assuming a fair amount of people invest. I don't know when the first stage started, how soon it ends, or even how many investors you have so far total, but anything around 20 for the first stage gives way too many coins for early adopters. I think early adoption benefits are more suited for mining as opposed to IPOs, I don't like different reward stages built into an IPO but that is mostly just my personal preference. Still, it would not make any sense for someone to buy into stage 3 or for stage 3 to last so long at such a small percentage of coins unless there is a ridiculously low number of investors for the stage (which would defeat the whole purpose).

In the next 48 hours the distribution will certainly even out. We're just going to combine stage 2/3 and make it last 20 days, good point.

Implementing these changes tomorrow
Din
Hi Din,

what is the total amount of the edgecoin?

It's in the OP post, 50 billion.

Stage 1 ends on the 27th
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
can you release password-protected wallet?
Activity: 198
Hi Din,

1. what is the total amount of the edgecoin?

2. When is the end time for stage 1?

Din
too short an ipo. too little given to early investors(3%) AND only get your coins after 30 days or something.. most of the coins mined will be dumped by then. think il pass on this one..

The IPO is 30 days, split into 3 phases.

A total of 5% is being given, which is actually a lot. Exocoin is giving like 50% right? A little crazy in my opinion as most IPO coins do 1-3% TOTAL.

You're focusing too much on how many coins you'll make, not how much potential value they will hold.

You get 3.33% of your respective earnings every day following launch this is actually to PREVENT dumping, a tactic first seen in Reddcoin.

This makes no sense at all. Assuming you were to get a decent amount of investors in each stage (which it does not look like is going to happen for stage one) it would make more sense for them to put whatever they were going to invest into leasing miners. Within the first week ALONE 13 billion coins will have already been mined. For the sake of easy math let's pretend you managed to get 100 equal investors over the 3 phases. at 22%~ a week you are only distributing 550 million of investor's coins. Less than 5% of what will have already been mined. How is that preventing dumping even a little bit? I could spend 1 BTC to lease miners and get ~150MH/s for one full day. If you don't maintain a net hash rate of atleast 1.5gh/s I would make 200 million in one DAY alone when each of your 100 equal investors would only receive 25 million in one MONTH. And if you don't manage to get atleast 100 investors that means the coin is probably not popular and the nethash will be low. . And then there's the fact that miner's get to take full advantage of the PoS from day one if they choose not to dump while your investor's coins are gaining interest in your wallet. Redd coin is also sitting at 7 satoshi isn't it?

To reiterate you are distributing 550 million of investor's coins the first week when 13 billion coins will have been mined, and you are saying this is going to prevent dumping? Miner's are going to be dumping the first day it hits an exchange while the coin is most valuable and one month later your investor's will finally receive all of their useless coins.

After talking to some other investors I 100% agree with you. IPO will be released in its entirety immediately following launch.

Website will be updated tomorrow.

I feel the IPO has been very successful so far and will only continue to pick up as we continue to build and improve. You don't need hundreds of investors to have thousands of miners.

I would like to add that in less than 48 hours we've brought in 9 more investors, nearly quadrupling our previous BTC total. In this time we've continued to listen to investors and perfect Edgecoin for them, not us.

Thank you for the feedback! Smiley
Din
I notice some users are interested in having 25-50% allotted to investors. This is an incredible amount of wealth to put into the hands of a few individuals and it's terribly unfair to miners.

Think about 5% of Bitcoin, over 1 million BTC, a massive amount indeed.

Even if Edgecoin reaches a marketcap 1/1000th of BTC over 500,000 dollars worth of EDG will be collected between investors.

Consider the numbers before requesting such high percentages.

Thank you, see you all tomorrow Smiley

Concerning this, I would like to know what you guys think about bumping the total of 5% to around 10-15% for investors.

This would make stage 1 6-9% of all coins
Din
hi~dev
does it mean i only have to email you my TXID~and then you marked my email address as my IPO account?

Correct
Activity: 32
hi~dev
does it mean i only have to email you my TXID~and then you marked my email address as my IPO account?
Din
I notice some users are interested in having 25-50% allotted to investors. This is an incredible amount of wealth to put into the hands of a few individuals and it's terribly unfair to miners.

Think about 5% of Bitcoin, over 1 million BTC, a massive amount indeed.

Even if Edgecoin reaches a marketcap 1/1000th of BTC over 500,000 dollars worth of EDG will be collected between investors.

Consider the numbers before requesting such high percentages.

Thank you, see you all tomorrow Smiley
Din
i guess some ppl dont understand they are biding on only 3% of this coin.

I'm sure they understand, as it is specified in the OP post.

Are you trying to indirectly insinuate that the investors are foolish for investing on 3% ?

Most IPO coins only total 1-3%
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
i guess some ppl dont understand they are biding on only 3% of this coin.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Din
can we have the IPO'ers similar to what TWC did

BitcoinTalk Username-----> amount of btc-----> date send 

something similar to above?

For what purpose? I would have to email all the past investors and what if someone doesn't have an account here?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
can we have the IPO'ers similar to what TWC did

BitcoinTalk Username-----> amount of btc-----> date send 

something similar to above?
Din
Activity: 182
Activity: 238