Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 134. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
where the vid go

deleted it cause he said its useless

Not useless, just not applicable to potcoin until they change the threshold.

yeah its not a bad thing if everybody would split up a little each 1 or 2 days.
If anybody does it, the Chances that the Stake got mixed up in a single Block again would go down over time anyways right ?

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
where the vid go

deleted it cause he said its useless

Not useless, just not applicable to potcoin until they change the threshold.
legendary
How to use Coin Control to split huge Blocks for noobs.
https://youtu.be/DysuL1dnhY4

Yeah i know my desk is a mess Cheesy

Can tip me some pot if you want
PVYLQRUFMKHuojtGuntcQANkz83b2QwefD

With the 2million threshold, splitting within the same address is a waste of time and coin age. I will repeat, if your looking to help push the network, you NEED to be using a SEPARATE address for EACH INDIVIDUAL OUTPUT.

nah i am not going to create 40 addys just to help when its basicly just a line of code to change Tongue

So i deleted the vid and post again.

i only thought that it will stake more often so it creates more blocks anyway.

i should read carefully before i post. lel

I have been told flat out that the devs will NOT get to it anytime soon. Apparently they have other things they are working on that are way more important than fixing this. Its also quite clear that they don't have the grasp on the bigger picture that some of us do. Its up to us to get the ball rolling, once we can get the network up to speed, more wallets and coins should start coming online to keep it going.
legendary
Here we go again
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
legendary
Here we go again

With the 2million threshold, splitting within the same address is a waste of time and coin age. I will repeat, if your looking to help push the network, you NEED to be using a SEPARATE address for EACH INDIVIDUAL OUTPUT.

nah i am not going to create 40 addys just to help when its basicly just a line of code to change Tongue

So i deleted the vid and post again.

i only thought that it will stake more often so it creates more blocks anyway.

i should read carefully before i post. lel
legendary

legendary
bluetrade seems to be totally down...

I am not the only one getting a blank page? Good, thought it was something local for a minute.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
bluetrade seems to be totally down...
legendary
simply use coin control  and send 5- 20k coin blocks to your own wallet.

Should help a lot.

thats what i did.

If your wanting to help give the network a nudge, you need to use separate addresses for each input. Those txs you created will eventually get lumped back together.
I got the 40 addy's filled last night, and have already found over 30 blocks today so far (11 am) and computer resources haven't gone up much at all  

and someone bought some off me on cryptsy so I'll check the other 2 exchanges (who have working wallets) and gets some more deposits happening tonight

26 blocks and counting..
legendary
Here we go again
simply use coin control  and send 5- 20k coin blocks to your own wallet.

Should help a lot.

thats what i did.
legendary
I got the 40 addy's filled last night, and have already found over 30 blocks today so far (11 am) and computer resources haven't gone up much at all 

and someone bought some off me on cryptsy so I'll check the other 2 exchanges (who have working wallets) and gets some more deposits happening tonight

Seeing the same thing on the resources. Decided to go "balls to the wall", just created over 100 new addresses, I am in the process of filling them all with 50 each to start.
I am deciding on exactly how many I want to create and fund Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa

so if you have a custom change address, every address you have that gets changed the balance will just be added to the custom#?
legendary
if an address gets (changed) can the original address be used again?

Yep, addresses are infinitely reusable. You can also enable coin control and set a custom "change" address and have the funds sent back to the address from whence they came.
if an address gets (changed) can the original address be used again?
legendary
thats cool about polo and bluetrade I'll have to see if I can grab some more too.

lol I just made 40 addresses in a new wallet Grin

So between us we have added 90'ish new blocks vying for stake. All we need is a few more doing the same and the network will start to rock and roll like it should.

i have 15 or so to...
Make that 105ish blocks between us. For us to push the network along ourselves, we need another 600 or so, if we include the active addresses staking, we only need another 100 or so to get us where we need to be.

should transfers be done between the same old addresses or create new ones daily?

I am going to try differing amounts of coin in the same addresses I already have setup, maybe if I do much much smaller or larger the coin age and weight will be off by enough to not combine them.
thats cool about polo and bluetrade I'll have to see if I can grab some more too.

lol I just made 40 addresses in a new wallet Grin

So between us we have added 90'ish new blocks vying for stake. All we need is a few more doing the same and the network will start to rock and roll like it should.

i have 15 or so to...
Make that 105ish blocks between us. For us to push the network along ourselves, we need another 600 or so, if we include the active addresses staking, we only need another 100 or so to get us where we need to be.

should transfers be done between the same old addresses or create new ones daily?
legendary
like i said before...
A max stake blockreward and blacklisting wrong clients and hardcoded walletnodes would  help the network a lot.
Feels still shitty somehow here.

The way POSv is designed, a max subsidy would go against the grain. What is needed is for them to drop the split threshold, that is the only thing hurting us now, aside from cryp+bitt not bringing their wallets online. The network is large enough now, I believe that we shouldn't have any issues with older clients. I do agree that potlabs should be operating node1.potcoin.com, node2.potcoin.com, etc all on separate IPs, it would cost them at most 5$/month through a service like vultr to have a node that is up and running 247 to get people synced up.

does it autosplit after staking at all ?
Its allways the same fat 200k block that stakes here.

That is why they need to reduce the split threshold. POSv and POSv2.0 were created by one of the devs behind reddcoin for reddcoin, RDD has 21billion or so coins in circulation so a 2million split threshold works for it, the potcoin devs didn't realize they need to change it to fit the money supply for pot. It needs to be reduced to somewhere between 5 and 20k.
Jump to: