Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 130. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

I should check on my orders at bitt and cryptsy Smiley. Had about 200k worth of buy orders in on the way down.

I have been having a field day selling on Poloniex and buying on Crypsty.
So far I've added ~6550 POT through arbitrage, though with current prices between the two it is no longer possible.......
Now if Crypsty would just unlock the wallet that would be great  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Thanks dumpers  Cool  Cool  Cool

I should check on my orders at bitt and cryptsy Smiley. Had about 200k worth of buy orders in on the way down.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
legendary
Activity: 1270
Just sold out,Pos no future.

Great, the more weak hands we shake out, the better.

The error message is no longer showing on my wallet and when I do a 'getinfo' it no longer says any errors. So it the network now in agreement and all the exchanges going to be able to send coins again?

I would think so. As I posted to mullick on reddit, a fresh sync of a wallet on laptop last week didn't show that error.
Polo and Bleu have been online for about a week now, its bitt and cryptsy that have been dragging their feet. I now believe that cryptsy was waiting for the error to go away when I don't think it will without a fresh sync, either with bootstrap or from scratch.

I had to do a fresh sync from scratch (bootstrap DL was not working) to get the error to go away in one of my wallets.
legendary

The error message is no longer showing on my wallet and when I do a 'getinfo' it no longer says any errors. So it the network now in agreement and all the exchanges going to be able to send coins again?

I would think so. As I posted to mullick on reddit, a fresh sync of a wallet on laptop last week didn't show that error.
Polo and Bleu have been online for about a week now, its bitt and cryptsy that have been dragging their feet. I now believe that cryptsy was waiting for the error to go away when I don't think it will without a fresh sync, either with bootstrap or from scratch.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

legendary

Activity: 201
Merit: 10
legendary
Made a change in the source to reduce the max split from 2mil to 20K:

https://github.com/CartmanSPC/Potcoin/commit/2565767d115867bcc37fe20963f41ce305558630

Heading out for a few hours but will post a compiled Linux wallet upon my return. If someone has instructions on how to compile a Windows version please post.

Note: This is a test. Although it should not cause any problems or lost coin be warned that you are using it at your own risk.

If we find the new value works then I will issue a pull request to the main code.

Here are instructions on how to build for Windows:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479

I don't have time to do it at the moment.

Link for the unix daemon (potcoind): https://mega.nz/#!iwpQwbTQ!wpZo4rKyoEbOJsrustACTuZQkz_C8llp6k2AIzq37mI
legendary

https://github.com/CartmanSPC/Potcoin/commit/2565767d115867bcc37fe20963f41ce305558630

Heading out for a few hours but will post a compiled Linux wallet upon my return. If someone has instructions on how to compile a Windows version please post.

Note: This is a test. Although it should not cause any problems or lost coin be warned that you are using it at your own risk.

If we find the new value works then I will issue a pull request to the main code.

it was that easy? so what should we expect with the new #'s?

You need to be running a wallet that has those #s as part of the source, we all don't benefit just because he will test a local wallet he compiled himself.

As to what can be expected, we should see those with 40k+ balances staking multiple blocks rather than 1 giant one. This means that people with 1million+ balances should see 50+ blocks actively staking, this will make the network more secure and smooth out the block times.

Is it possible for the devs to merge this hack? Or will they just ignore it?

It's not a hack Tongue
...just a change to a constant/value.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10

You need to be running a wallet that has those #s as part of the source, we all don't benefit just because he will test a local wallet he compiled himself.

As to what can be expected, we should see those with 40k+ balances staking multiple blocks rather than 1 giant one. This means that people with 1million+ balances should see 50+ blocks actively staking, this will make the network more secure and smooth out the block times.

Is it possible for the devs to merge this hack? Or will they just ignore it?
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
legendary

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

legendary

legendary
Based on simple division/ratios. I would say that 10k is a good round # for the split threshold. How did I get there? 2million split for a coin with 21billion in circulation, pot has 211million, 1/100th of reddcoin, take the 2million divide by 100 gives you 20k, drop it to 10k because it sounds like a better # Smiley.

I can attempt to compile for windows if I can get cygwin installed, I tried the other day and it kept failing, I think win10's networking drivers are borked.

Wait...doesn't POT have a Max supply of: 420 million

...at least that's what it says on the OP.

The max supply is just a # in the code, that # can be changed at will by the devs.
The max supply is also not what we need to base the split on, it needs to be based on the coins currently in circulation. That is why I used rdd as the basis, 21billion SUPPLY versus 211million supply for pot.

I still say 10k is a good round # to start with. It will give us room to figure out if it should be raised or lowered.
legendary
Based on simple division/ratios. I would say that 10k is a good round # for the split threshold. How did I get there? 2million split for a coin with 21billion in circulation, pot has 211million, 1/100th of reddcoin, take the 2million divide by 100 gives you 20k, drop it to 10k because it sounds like a better # Smiley.

I can attempt to compile for windows if I can get cygwin installed, I tried the other day and it kept failing, I think win10's networking drivers are borked.

Wait...doesn't POT have a Max supply of: 420 million

...at least that's what it says on the OP.
legendary
Another update. I have mined a block on the old chain. It needs to mature, but its in my wallet Smiley
Now what do I with it? Smiley

I suppose the argument could be made that people are rejecting the change to PoSv. The POW chain is longer....I think it only has about 8Mh/s on it though? Not a whole lot...but their chain is longer. Only because it took a while to get PoSv working and now because of the splitting issue but still.

Spindoctor anyone Smiley

That argument could be made, but the truth is that there are like 10 wallets that didn't get the message and based on the hashrate, I would say that 1 or 2 tops are mining on it intentionally, everyone else is just unaware of the change, along with the 2-3 days that we were offline + the 600-800blocks/day we have been short.

it only has 8 m/h's and cartman is saying "people are rejecting it"  lol trying to cause a dump much? there might be nobody intentionally mining it they might all be "on auto pilot"

on another note my 60 addresses are humming along nicely, at any given time I have 15+ pos finds confirming

Thats not what he is saying at all. Thats why I referenced "spin doctors".  He said that the argument could be made that that is the case, just as I could argue that john lennon was the devil, you can make any argument you want if you have facts to twist to meet your point of view and the skill level to do it.

Notice he also said that the chain is longer simply because of the time it took to get POSv up and running properly. If we had transitioned smoothly and the network was averaging 40s/block, the 2 chains would be in a close race.
legendary
If we can get someone else aside from the devs to compile a wallet, we can start getting people to use it and get things moving like they should be.

I could real quick but your the only one who responded with what we should change the values to  Cry

10k is a good value to start. As I said above, my 21k address is doing better than my 100k % wise.
Not sure why, theoretically speaking, it should be the same.

We do also need a windows wallet compiled to be distributed. When I have time, I will see if I can't work out how to compile an exe myself and get it running for my own coins. If that works, we can start letting people know that we have linux and windows wallets available with a lower threshold.
legendary
If we can get someone else aside from the devs to compile a wallet, we can start getting people to use it and get things moving like they should be.

I could real quick but your the only one who responded with what we should change the values to  Cry
Jump to: