Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 135. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
like i said before...
A max stake blockreward and blacklisting wrong clients and hardcoded walletnodes would  help the network a lot.
Feels still shitty somehow here.

The way POSv is designed, a max subsidy would go against the grain. What is needed is for them to drop the split threshold, that is the only thing hurting us now, aside from cryp+bitt not bringing their wallets online. The network is large enough now, I believe that we shouldn't have any issues with older clients. I do agree that potlabs should be operating node1.potcoin.com, node2.potcoin.com, etc all on separate IPs, it would cost them at most 5$/month through a service like vultr to have a node that is up and running 247 to get people synced up.

does it autosplit after staking at all ?
Its allways the same fat 200k block that stakes here.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
An update from our side folks.  We ran into a bug with the wallet that we're working with the dev team on right now.  We'll reopen as soon as we understand it.

Thanks,
Richie

Is it fixed now? Thank you
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
like i said before...
A max stake blockreward and blacklisting wrong clients and hardcoded walletnodes would  help the network a lot.

The way POSv is designed, a max subsidy would go against the grain. What is needed is for them to drop the split threshold, that is the only thing hurting us now, aside from cryp+bitt not bringing their wallets online. The network is large enough now, I believe that we shouldn't have any issues with older clients. I do agree that potlabs should be operating node1.potcoin.com, node2.potcoin.com, etc all on separate IPs, it would cost them at most 5$/month through a service like vultr to have a node that is up and running 247 to get people synced up.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
like i said before...
legendary
thats cool about polo and bluetrade I'll have to see if I can grab some more too.

lol I just made 40 addresses in a new wallet Grin

So between us we have added 90'ish new blocks vying for stake. All we need is a few more doing the same and the network will start to rock and roll like it should.

i have 15 or so to...
Make that 105ish blocks between us. For us to push the network along ourselves, we need another 600 or so, if we include the active addresses staking, we only need another 100 or so to get us where we need to be.
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
thats cool about polo and bluetrade I'll have to see if I can grab some more too.

So between us we have added 90'ish new blocks vying for stake. All we need is a few more doing the same and the network will start to rock and roll like it should.

i have 15 or so to...
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Is it supposes to say (n/a) on transactions sending coins to and from yourself in same wallet?

on most coins, or it will say payment to yourself on other coins. but all them that I've seen the amount will be just the transaction fee

I spent all night sending my coins to new wallet... lol 10000 split into 50-400 coin chunks making sure each transaction was on a diff block, ha took forever

I just generated another 20+ addresses, about to start sending coins to those as well Smiley. Gonna go slow and watch the system resources, I am also planning on using the daemon to stake once I get the addresses funded. With any luck between us we can kick the network in the ass. You really should have split those coins onto different addresses, if more than 1 block is eligible to stake it will eventually combine them back into one chunk and undo all your time spent.

Edit: I think I will stick to the 50 addresses I have. Every few hours I will send fresh chunks of coins to them, maybe I will get lucky and it won't combine them right away.

That is correct. If you want to stake blocks on a regular basis, you need to split those payments to different potcoin addresses. They can all sit on the same wallet though. So best practice would be to generate a bunch of potcoin addresses, backup your wallet after you're done generating those addresses, start sending chunks of potcoins at regular intervals to different potcoin address each time. Over time, it should make your wallet stake regularly.

yup you guys are right, it's already starting to clump them together. lol starting over

With the network as slow as it is, I am sorry to say that the only method that will get the network moving without clumping is the multiple addresses. I am and will keep poking the devs, maybe we can get them to release an updated wallet that handles this once and for all. I am a bit bothered by the seeming lack of interest or care in the speed and efficiency of the network, it is also quite obvious that still have no firm grip or understanding of how POS coins work. The fact that the stake rate is governed by the speed of the block chain, if its too slow your earnings are way lower than they should be.

Of course the law of averages will make up for the now 800+ blocks a day we are short and with it the earnings that should have happened, but the longer the coin is this slow with no word from the devs on fixing it, the worse the coin looks and the harder it will be to sell it to people when the network is working properly.

Well, today I got a couple of thousand coins at the exchange, and Ill be moving them to some empty wallets. Hope it helps a little.

legendary
Is it supposes to say (n/a) on transactions sending coins to and from yourself in same wallet?

on most coins, or it will say payment to yourself on other coins. but all them that I've seen the amount will be just the transaction fee

I spent all night sending my coins to new wallet... lol 10000 split into 50-400 coin chunks making sure each transaction was on a diff block, ha took forever

I just generated another 20+ addresses, about to start sending coins to those as well Smiley. Gonna go slow and watch the system resources, I am also planning on using the daemon to stake once I get the addresses funded. With any luck between us we can kick the network in the ass. You really should have split those coins onto different addresses, if more than 1 block is eligible to stake it will eventually combine them back into one chunk and undo all your time spent.

Edit: I think I will stick to the 50 addresses I have. Every few hours I will send fresh chunks of coins to them, maybe I will get lucky and it won't combine them right away.

That is correct. If you want to stake blocks on a regular basis, you need to split those payments to different potcoin addresses. They can all sit on the same wallet though. So best practice would be to generate a bunch of potcoin addresses, backup your wallet after you're done generating those addresses, start sending chunks of potcoins at regular intervals to different potcoin address each time. Over time, it should make your wallet stake regularly.

yup you guys are right, it's already starting to clump them together. lol starting over

With the network as slow as it is, I am sorry to say that the only method that will get the network moving without clumping is the multiple addresses. I am and will keep poking the devs, maybe we can get them to release an updated wallet that handles this once and for all. I am a bit bothered by the seeming lack of interest or care in the speed and efficiency of the network, it is also quite obvious that still have no firm grip or understanding of how POS coins work. The fact that the stake rate is governed by the speed of the block chain, if its too slow your earnings are way lower than they should be.

Of course the law of averages will make up for the now 800+ blocks a day we are short and with it the earnings that should have happened, but the longer the coin is this slow with no word from the devs on fixing it, the worse the coin looks and the harder it will be to sell it to people when the network is working properly.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa

legendary
My main address is PPP-blablabla it shows my whole balance.    so.. I created 5 new receive addresses, sent a small chunk to all 5. Now my main address of PPP-blablabla is 0.0 balance on explorer? My wallet shows my balance. Im a lil wierded out &/or confused?

The wallet will show the total balance for all addresses in your wallet. Nothing to be weirded out by, If you want to confirm the balance of each address, enable coin control and click on inputs on the send screen.

thank goodness. so why doesn't explorer simply change by what was subtracted? and why does the last transaction on that address show minus the whole amount?
I am not sure exactly what your talking about. Can you give us the address, or pm it to me if you don't want to share it publicly?
Blockchain explorers all have different ways to show the same information, you would have to be more specific as to what explorer your using and what the balance should be, the funds moved, etc.
My main address is PPP-blablabla it shows my whole balance.    so.. I created 5 new receive addresses, sent a small chunk to all 5. Now my main address of PPP-blablabla is 0.0 balance on explorer? My wallet shows my balance. Im a lil wierded out &/or confused?

The wallet will show the total balance for all addresses in your wallet. Nothing to be weirded out by, If you want to confirm the balance of each address, enable coin control and click on inputs on the send screen.

thank goodness. so why doesn't explorer simply change by what was subtracted? and why does the last transaction on that address show minus the whole amount?
legendary
Hey guys,

Does anybody knows if its possible to withdraw Pots from cryptsy?

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status shows the wallet as offline, so NO, you can't withdraw from cryptsy right now. The only exchanges that are up that I am aware of are polo and bleutrade.
legendary

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Does anybody knows if its possible to withdraw Pots from cryptsy?

legendary

This wouldn't be necessary if you guys would release an updated wallet. You would have to do the math but I think a split threshold of 10k-20k is a good round # to start with, that would make sure that the network keeps moving.

TLDR; Edit the split threshold and release a minor update, it won't be mandatory but a lot of people will happily update if it means the network gets a push.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

legendary

Jump to: