Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 138. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Responce from Cryptsy
[–]tribble 1 point 50 minutes ago
So some developer must contact Cryptsy:
"We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Potcoin wallet is down for Network Issue. We are waiting an update from the developer. There is no estimated time given by our technical team . We will inform all once it has been restored. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Elen Customer Service Manager"
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
true the net weight would be way higher

this is what they just sent me

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.
POT wallet is still down due to network problem.
We are still waiting for an update from the coin developer.
There is no estimated time given by our technical team but rest assured
they are working on it and we will inform all once it has been restored.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.

were I responded with "update came out a week or so ago and is working fine for me and many others"

An yet we are supposed to believe a proven incompetent and irresponsible dev is not at all responsible for this...

Amazing, simply amazing.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
true the net weight would be way higher

this is what they just sent me

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.
POT wallet is still down due to network problem.
We are still waiting for an update from the coin developer.
There is no estimated time given by our technical team but rest assured
they are working on it and we will inform all once it has been restored.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.

were I responded with "update came out a week or so ago and is working fine for me and many others"
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
how come the rich list shows bittrex #77 but not crypsy? just curious.
legendary
Activity: 994
Cryptsy blatantly stealing, hilarious.

lol what you think they've already upgraded and are staking all the coins people have had sitting on there for weeks and weeks?

could be

They aren't. How do I know this? You can watch the blockchain, cryptsy is sitting on enough coins that if they were staking we wouldn't still be producing less blocks/day than we should be.
legendary
Activity: 1512
The Dude Of DopeCoin

lol what you think they've already upgraded and are staking all the coins people have had sitting on there for weeks and weeks?

could be

This is true. Who trusts Big V ?
legendary
Kaspa

could be
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
legendary
I just sent cryptsy a ticket... and have been complaining in the troll box once and awhile too.

they do this lots to many coins, they said they were going to finally get the AC wallet up and running for us again... weeks later still nothing Lol a game of patience indeed

Do you think it would help if the devs kept up a barrage of inquiry? A bunch of should open up repeated support tickets as well. Might not hurt to smack bittrex around as well.
legendary
Activity: 1512
The Dude Of DopeCoin
I just sent cryptsy a ticket... and have been complaining in the troll box once and awhile too.

they do this lots to many coins, they said they were going to finally get the AC wallet up and running for us again... weeks later still nothing Lol a game of patience indeed

I have to admit Cryptsy is notorious for doing this lol .... eventually , they will get to it trust me.
legendary
Kaspa

legendary
While testing a possible POSv fix I sent 1001 POT to the test wallet in two transactions. It was received on the test wallet but since that blockchain was abandoned the transaction never really happened on the right blockchain. My wallet on the right blockchain was showing Unconfirmed (-1 of 3 confirmations) on those two transactions. I was able to fix it by using -salvagewallet on launch. PLEASE backup your wallet.dat file before trying this! I have had one occurrence where using -salvagewallet on a wallet cause it to not recognize my passphrase.

I have 0.13pot in my wallet that I can't access, trying a -rescan now. I don't want that coin if it doesn't exist, I just want it to go away Wink. Even when all of my blocks are staking it says I have 0.13xxxx available but its nowhere to be seen. Any thoughts on how or why this would be? I don't have any negative confirmation txs, but I do have quite a few very small ones from POW that shouldn't be there as they showed up well after I had stopped pointing my rigs at p2pool.

Edit: Rescan didn't do the trick, might as well go for a salvage wallet and see what happens, or resync it.
Try (command line) -zapwallettxes - should do it.-M

Will definitely try that, I have it resyncing from "scratch", its pulling from a bootstrap now. I will launch it with zapwallettxs when that is finished.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
While testing a possible POSv fix I sent 1001 POT to the test wallet in two transactions. It was received on the test wallet but since that blockchain was abandoned the transaction never really happened on the right blockchain. My wallet on the right blockchain was showing Unconfirmed (-1 of 3 confirmations) on those two transactions. I was able to fix it by using -salvagewallet on launch. PLEASE backup your wallet.dat file before trying this! I have had one occurrence where using -salvagewallet on a wallet cause it to not recognize my passphrase.

I have 0.13pot in my wallet that I can't access, trying a -rescan now. I don't want that coin if it doesn't exist, I just want it to go away Wink. Even when all of my blocks are staking it says I have 0.13xxxx available but its nowhere to be seen. Any thoughts on how or why this would be? I don't have any negative confirmation txs, but I do have quite a few very small ones from POW that shouldn't be there as they showed up well after I had stopped pointing my rigs at p2pool.

Edit: Rescan didn't do the trick, might as well go for a salvage wallet and see what happens, or resync it.
Try (command line) -zapwallettxes - should do it.-M
legendary

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1270
This transaction occured during the switchover to POS:

Date: 2015-08-21 14:26
To: P9HPU3HsjuKYx8pFRAUZaE55hj7ZnrMwcy
Credit: 11.42627039 POT
Net amount: +11.42627039 POT
Transaction ID: 593274e0e6861078684655b62588ebf3d32df7aa63f7270628703da1e122bd8f

Wallet transaction status shows Unconfirmed (-1 of 3 confirmations)

tried -rescan on restart no change.

Nowhere to be found in blockchain... gone to never never land?

Do what rdyoung said and you should be fine, I just sent you the amount you lost incase you can't get it back though Smiley

Thank you for the coins. The posting was more to make aware that something amiss was happening during the transition from PoW to PoS.  The tranction was small for me, but I am not sure if others are lost in the blockchain.

Since I have not even received a responce from the mining pool, should I mention who is not responding to keeping the sanctity of the coin and the blockchain.

Do we expose the non-responding party, or just drop it as ancient history?

legendary
Activity: 1270
Bittrex should be up soon, they were told by the devs to resync from scratch to get rid of the upgrade error, that should have taken them a day or 2 so they should be back online sometime soon.

TLDR; Please calm the hell down and go smoke a bowl. Being angry with the world won't make things go the way you want them, you need to learn which battles to fight and which ones to just let go.

LOL, liking your TLDR's  Smiley

As far as resyncing to get rid of the error I am in the process of doing so myself. It has taken longer than expected. I'm on day 2 with about 14 weeks to go on a wallet in the top 200.

It didn't help that the bootstrap download on the potcoin web site was/is broken. I know you offered an alternative but I decided to just do without since I didn't have time to mess around with it any longer...just now almost back online due to a Windows 10 activation issue   Sad

I am going setup the bootstrap to sync to another service as well, have it upload to box or bitcasa, etc. Box is probably the better choice as I have several 50gig accounts with them Smiley

What activation issues did you have with win10? My POS server refused to activate until they had reenabled the activation servers and I upgraded it to RTM.

Figured out why it was taking so long to sync. I only gave the virtual machine hosting the wallet access to 4% of the virtual servers processor. Embarrassed
Temporarily gave it access to more. Syncing faster now  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1162
@barabbas

In case your still not understanding me, here is a link to the discussion where someone from potcoin lets us know that have indeed contacted bittrex and told them what needs done.
https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3iie1b/waiting_on_bittrex/

Here is another one where davidpot, one of the devs let the world know that polo was back up. Did he post that here? No, I don't think he did.
https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3idzis/poloniex_exchange_back_online/

That's precisely the point of my "hostility": It should be posted here first. By the devs.

But the main point of my "hostility" is the obvious lack of foresight on the part of the devs that did nothing, FOR MONTHS, to prevent this incident that now lasts many weeks (and counting) and that is very seriously hurting the coin and the network.

Not to mention the lack of action regarding the concerns, or watever, Bittrex and Cryptsy have. "richiela" has posted very recently that they still have a problem with the wallet and the dev in that linked reddit posted -later- that they have told them what the solution is... which lens anyone reasonable to believe that "the solution" is not actually THE solution.

Apparently something similar is happening at Cryptsy for neither them nor Bittrex gain anything having the wallet down now for what could possibly be a record amount of time on both exchanges and, quite frankly, without any possibility of solution, seemingly, since it would appear that the devs have done everything they are willing to do and the exchanges are, also evidently, not getting anywhere with it.

I would think there's ample reason for hostility, don't you think?

NO, there is not ample reason for hostility. The only reason you would be this angry is if you leveraged your mortgage to buy in hoping to become a millionaire overnight and thats not the way the world works.

Your still not getting it, they are posting it to reddit, there is no reason for them to post it "anywhere" except where they choose. The source of the info doesn't matter, what matters is that they are trying to be more communicative. I missed the galactic memo that states that BCT was where the devs of any coin have to keep the community updated, they could post it on myspace or friendster for all I care.

Do you understand now that the devs have no control over the exchanges? Its the exchanges who stand to lose out by not letting their customers withdraw funds.
In case you missed it, bittrex is coming back up, they are catching up to the chain and should be up and running shortly, with any luck cryptsy will come back online today as well.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Strongly. Choosing ANY other method of communication, in crypto, is avoiding communication at all. BTCT is where 99% of people come first and foremost. So, avoiding BTCT, purposedly or not, is, de facto, avoiding communication... regardless what you care or care not for.

The damage to the coin project is obvious, again, and to the network even more so, therefore there's absolutely no reason for not having the vias of communication fully open here (along with wherever else they feel their boat is rocked, no need for "exclusivity").

And yes, people who has any reasonably significant amount of money committed to POT and anchored "sine die" in the exchanges, has every reason to be angry and hostile for the reasons expressed above.

Related, but on a different note, Bittrex just started allowing withdrawals. Cryptsy still in limbo.

You act as if BCT is the be all and end all of internet communication. Reddit and any other means would be better than BCT for them keeping people in the loop. Are you wholly incapable of checking in on the subreddit for potcoin? Is reddit blocked from your home or work pc? Would you prefer they send a messenger to your house with up to the minute news on what they had for breakfast?

You may think that everyone who is invested heavily in potcoin is or has to be as angry as you, that is not the case. Those of us that are sitting on large chunks of potcoin accept that things will happen or they will not, we also realize that we can do our part to help pot become whats capable of, rather than sitting on the couch and pissing and moaning because we aren't millionaires already. Your ranting and raving and throwing around fuck this and fuck that only serves to make you look juvenile and ignorant. Yes, I was not happy about the blockchain breakage with the transition because I saw it coming with the lack of testnet and beta testing of wallets prior to release, especially for as enormous an undertaking as an algo fork. Did I get all angry and demand peoples resignations and heads? NO. I did take the dev team to task and in response to me and others they have seeked to be more open and inclusive. What have you done? Nothing besides rant like a lunatic about things that are out of everyones control.

TLDR; Once more, go smoke a bowl, get laid and/or jack off, whatever you need to relax. All relevant exchanges will hopefully be back up soon and this party can get started. You can either sell off your coin and go hide under your bed, or you can chill the fuck out and let things happen as they will. Those who are willing to take the risk and wait will win, this is a time that is testing for weak hands, how strong are yours? And start paying attention to reddit, I have a feeling that the conversation will pick up there as the coin starts getting some interest.

What have I done? I have bitterly complained after exhibiting more patience than any reasonable person would. Not "ranting and raving (please stop the idiotic common places), but complain and demand logic actions to solve this situation AND sent the responsibilities where they are due ... like you just did. Lack of beta testing or whatever, this has resulted in a very damaging and absurdly unnecessary situation still without any semblance of solution in the horizon... especially since not only Biottrex opened the withdrawal WRONGLY but still don't work at all there.

Now, you seem obsessed with the idea of being millonaire or getting to be one in POT, otherwise you wouldn't mention that in every post. My complaint and demand for proper action has nothing to do whatsoever with that -although it would be quite nice-, but with an obvious case of amazing incompetence.

And no I don't have any problems going to reddit except... why would I? Why not going to the 25 different places one can choose to post? or, maybe, 250? I have explained thoroughly why THIS is THE place. This is where everyone comes to find information. Why, capriciously, go anywhere else before or, worse, exclude it? It's retarded, in fact.

Just like it is, in my view, that you "didn't get angry" even though you were quite up to date in the amateurish way of going through the whole thing? Or maybe you were just high and didn't care at all. But when someone does -or doesnt do- something that result in pure, unabashed -and damaging- stupidity affecting my money, I protest. Just like anyone with anything under their scalp would.

And, subsequently, takes corresponding action... which is to get as far away as possible from dick, incompetent heads.

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe I have used the word "fuck" even once in any of my posts. You must be channeling some weird shit.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
legendary
@barabbas

In case your still not understanding me, here is a link to the discussion where someone from potcoin lets us know that have indeed contacted bittrex and told them what needs done.
https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3iie1b/waiting_on_bittrex/

Here is another one where davidpot, one of the devs let the world know that polo was back up. Did he post that here? No, I don't think he did.
https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3idzis/poloniex_exchange_back_online/

That's precisely the point of my "hostility": It should be posted here first. By the devs.

But the main point of my "hostility" is the obvious lack of foresight on the part of the devs that did nothing, FOR MONTHS, to prevent this incident that now lasts many weeks (and counting) and that is very seriously hurting the coin and the network.

Not to mention the lack of action regarding the concerns, or watever, Bittrex and Cryptsy have. "richiela" has posted very recently that they still have a problem with the wallet and the dev in that linked reddit posted -later- that they have told them what the solution is... which lens anyone reasonable to believe that "the solution" is not actually THE solution.

Apparently something similar is happening at Cryptsy for neither them nor Bittrex gain anything having the wallet down now for what could possibly be a record amount of time on both exchanges and, quite frankly, without any possibility of solution, seemingly, since it would appear that the devs have done everything they are willing to do and the exchanges are, also evidently, not getting anywhere with it.

I would think there's ample reason for hostility, don't you think?

NO, there is not ample reason for hostility. The only reason you would be this angry is if you leveraged your mortgage to buy in hoping to become a millionaire overnight and thats not the way the world works.

Your still not getting it, they are posting it to reddit, there is no reason for them to post it "anywhere" except where they choose. The source of the info doesn't matter, what matters is that they are trying to be more communicative. I missed the galactic memo that states that BCT was where the devs of any coin have to keep the community updated, they could post it on myspace or friendster for all I care.

Do you understand now that the devs have no control over the exchanges? Its the exchanges who stand to lose out by not letting their customers withdraw funds.
In case you missed it, bittrex is coming back up, they are catching up to the chain and should be up and running shortly, with any luck cryptsy will come back online today as well.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Strongly. Choosing ANY other method of communication, in crypto, is avoiding communication at all. BTCT is where 99% of people come first and foremost. So, avoiding BTCT, purposedly or not, is, de facto, avoiding communication... regardless what you care or care not for.

The damage to the coin project is obvious, again, and to the network even more so, therefore there's absolutely no reason for not having the vias of communication fully open here (along with wherever else they feel their boat is rocked, no need for "exclusivity").

And yes, people who has any reasonably significant amount of money committed to POT and anchored "sine die" in the exchanges, has every reason to be angry and hostile for the reasons expressed above.

Related, but on a different note, Bittrex just started allowing withdrawals. Cryptsy still in limbo.

You act as if BCT is the be all and end all of internet communication. Reddit and any other means would be better than BCT for them keeping people in the loop. Are you wholly incapable of checking in on the subreddit for potcoin? Is reddit blocked from your home or work pc? Would you prefer they send a messenger to your house with up to the minute news on what they had for breakfast?

You may think that everyone who is invested heavily in potcoin is or has to be as angry as you, that is not the case. Those of us that are sitting on large chunks of potcoin accept that things will happen or they will not, we also realize that we can do our part to help pot become whats capable of, rather than sitting on the couch and pissing and moaning because we aren't millionaires already. Your ranting and raving and throwing around fuck this and fuck that only serves to make you look juvenile and ignorant. Yes, I was not happy about the blockchain breakage with the transition because I saw it coming with the lack of testnet and beta testing of wallets prior to release, especially for as enormous an undertaking as an algo fork. Did I get all angry and demand peoples resignations and heads? NO. I did take the dev team to task and in response to me and others they have seeked to be more open and inclusive. What have you done? Nothing besides rant like a lunatic about things that are out of everyones control.

TLDR; Once more, go smoke a bowl, get laid and/or jack off, whatever you need to relax. All relevant exchanges will hopefully be back up soon and this party can get started. You can either sell off your coin and go hide under your bed, or you can chill the fuck out and let things happen as they will. Those who are willing to take the risk and wait will win, this is a time that is testing for weak hands, how strong are yours? And start paying attention to reddit, I have a feeling that the conversation will pick up there as the coin starts getting some interest.
Jump to: