Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 141. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Last night I got a reward... so my weight got reset.

Its been 14 hours and Im not able to stak "because I dont have mature coins" WHAT THE HELL?

The network is finally getting up to full speed. Pay close attention to your balance because it will likely go from not staking to not staking because it just staked the balance AGAIN.
The info that part of the wallet gives has been a bit wonky, it should clear up and be more accurate once we get rolling along.

Thanks rdyoung for all your approaches.
Activity: 122

Its been 14 hours and Im not able to stak "because I dont have mature coins" WHAT THE HELL?

The network is finally getting up to full speed. Pay close attention to your balance because it will likely go from not staking to not staking because it just staked the balance AGAIN.
The info that part of the wallet gives has been a bit wonky, it should clear up and be more accurate once we get rolling along.

I see, how long would this process take? cuz 8 hours was like 7 hours ago.
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
i don't understand a .4 payout with my chunk of coins for the second time now.

Thats likely your stake interest. Whats your addy? I will pull it up on an explorer and take a look.

aady?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

legendary
I bought a few myself on Cryptsy, and I will definitely be staking them once I can withdraw.

How many? If you want, I can send you some coins for an internal transfer at cryptsy. I don't have much actively staking, but I am willing to help a brother out Smiley

Around 400k on Cryptsy, but I am good, once they have it ready I will withdraw and stake.

Potcoin has held pretty stable value for a very long time and is the first Potcoin, even with selling pressure from mining, so with some decent marketing I think it should have a bright future without much risk.

Agreed on the bright future. The move to POSv stabilizes and fixes the inflation rate, it also gives legal weed shops a reason and incentive to hold, stake and transact in the coin. It is much easier to get someone to hold and support a coin when they get paid interest for doing so, especially without the overhead of POW to keep the network moving.
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
I bought a few myself on Cryptsy, and I will definitely be staking them once I can withdraw.

How many? If you want, I can send you some coins for an internal transfer at cryptsy. I don't have much actively staking, but I am willing to help a brother out Smiley

Around 400k on Cryptsy, but I am good, once they have it ready I will withdraw and stake.

Potcoin has held pretty stable value for a very long time and is the first Potcoin, even with selling pressure from mining, so with some decent marketing I think it should have a bright future without much risk.
Activity: 122

legendary

Thats likely your stake interest. Whats your addy? I will pull it up on an explorer and take a look.
legendary
wish i knew if everyone at crypsy was going to dump or withdraw. Huh if/when they get it together..

I am hoping for a dump, But its hard to know exactly what to expect. I have buy orders on cryptsy+bitt going down to 250, I am hoping that we get a crash that fills those orders and gives me some cheap coins. After the exchanges come back and the network is humming along like it should, I see no reason why the coin won't start climbing in value, as people start to realize that you can and currently are earning way more than the 5%/apr people should start flooding into pot to stake it. 
wish i knew if everyone at crypsy was going to dump or withdraw. Huh if/when they get it together..
i hate this limbo mode between confirmed coins and i guess the time limit. Even if the coins are confirmed, the stake button sill say's not mature because of time?

The min coin age is 8 hours before a block of coins eligible to stake. With the network as small as it is right now, you are pretty much guaranteed to stake soon after the 8 hour windows.
You can't and won't stake more than once every 8 hours per block/address, no matter how large your weight.

ya, the second i'm able to stake almost instantly back to maturing. wish there was a little stake timer countdown thingy.
legendary
Does it matter if all your coins are in 1 address or a bunch of lil stashes. Does it affect payouts?

I added a few coins to my wallet under 2 other address's and it reset my stake weight.
This is to be expected. Whenever you move coins around it destroys the coin age and resets it to 1. Coin age is determined by the # of coins and the # of blocks since the coins have moved. The network is still small enough that you will likely stake about 8 hours after moving those coins, no matter how small they may be.

Kinda bummer, my weight was Huge, seconds to reward, and lost it over next to nothing.
 I'll know better now :-)
Yeah, you threw away a decent chunk of profit by doing that. Live and learn. You will make some of it back while the % of active coins is as low as it is.
legendary
i hate this limbo mode between confirmed coins and i guess the time limit. Even if the coins are confirmed, the stake button sill say's not mature because of time?

The min coin age is 8 hours before a block of coins eligible to stake. With the network as small as it is right now, you are pretty much guaranteed to stake soon after the 8 hour windows.
You can't and won't stake more than once every 8 hours per block/address, no matter how large your weight.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Does it matter if all your coins are in 1 address or a bunch of lil stashes. Does it affect payouts?

I added a few coins to my wallet under 2 other address's and it reset my stake weight.
This is to be expected. Whenever you move coins around it destroys the coin age and resets it to 1. Coin age is determined by the # of coins and the # of blocks since the coins have moved. The network is still small enough that you will likely stake about 8 hours after moving those coins, no matter how small they may be.

Kinda bummer, my weight was Huge, seconds to reward, and lost it over next to nothing.
 I'll know better now :-)
legendary

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

legendary

Right now it doesn't matter much, but as the network grows and more coins are actively staking, the size of the blocks your staking will matter. Overall though, having smaller blocks will only mean that you stake less often, but your payout will be what it should be, IE, at least 5%, larger depending on the amount of coins actively staking.

For optimal staking, I would focus on having all your coins in one address, this way you are likely to stake more often and compounding can have greater effect.
Jump to: