Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 163. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
I think a lot of people have paid lots of money for mining rigs so I'm sure you could find lots of articles and people saying that pos is bad in some way or another... but in my opinion there is nothing wrong with good pos coins, and always feel when someone is bad mouthing them it's because they feel they need to protect their investments since so many people invested so much into mining they really don't want to see their investment be considered obsolete.

it's either personal hashrate vs the network hashrate to find blocks or personal wallet weight vs network weight to find blocks both do the same thing just one costs a heck of a lot more money just in electricity costs to do... let alone the prices of peoples rigs.

is bitcoin with it's massive network hashrate more secure from 51% attacks than the average pos coin? lol of course but it's had how many years to grow that hashrate and a lot of it's hashrate is produced by big mining farms making it harder and harder for the little guy trying to mine. And if you compare BTC to the top pow altcoins then they are just as lacking as any good pos coin  (might be a few exceptions I'm not an expert)

you'd have to compare pos coins to other pow alt coins not to BTC... how high is POT's average hashrate?? and how much would it cost to 51% attack? how well is POT distributed? and how much network weight will it have once it's pos ? the better a pos coin is distributed the stronger it is... trying to buy up enough weight to 51% attack a well distributed pos coin would drive up the price making it more and more expensive to pull off.

what will be the pos return/incentive for people to leave their wallets staking and securing the network?

I only ever had a single small miner and did alright with POT when mining first started but soon after that the hashrate skyrocketed and it became pointless for me to mine and around the same time I found POS coins and fell in love with them and haven't looked back and ended up selling almost all of my pow coins that I was holding and bought a bunch of different pos coins... did really well on some and got burnt by some newb coins but that was the fault of ditching devs etc not the fact they happen to be pos coins.

this is all just my opinion... and I could be wrong on some of it so I hope others share their own thoughts but POT going pos is the only reason I bought back in after a year of not holding any
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Has the POS been set in stone and is this a done deal ?

I have been reading from multiple articles and this is a controversial subject it seems to say the least. ( Moving from POW to POS)

http://www.truthcoin.info/blog/pow-and-mining/

What do you guys think? Do any of these arguments hold any weight or have all the options been weighed and decided that this is the best way to go?

If this has already been covered could you please point me to the page that covers this? Thank you for your input!
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
price is holding up well guys  Grin Grin Grin
we won one juan! where were you when we won one juan! penalty kick!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I am holding like 10k of this coin, are there any new things coming up.

Yea

Online dispensary taking bitcoin/potcoin http://goldengatesgreenest.com

potlabs giving away 250,000 potcoins http://potcoin.com

potlabs selling physical potcoincards http://potcoincards.com

potlabs started potback rewards program http://potcoinrewards.com

Make sure to try and win your portion of the 250K potcoins!

Yea

Online dispensary taking bitcoin/potcoin http://goldengatesgreenest.com

potlabs giving away 250,000 potcoins http://potcoin.com

potlabs selling physical potcoincards http://potcoincards.com

potlabs started potback rewards program http://potcoinrewards.com
I never got help from support for there website when i registered to the site for the free 100 potcoin...
try asking on the potcoin subreddit
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
I never got help from support for there website when i registered to the site for the free 100 potcoin...
was looking for a bootstrap download on the main page?? it would be really handy for any newcomers or old user that want a fresh resync to be sure we're on the right chain

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3846j2/potcoin_bootstrap_for_qt_wallet/

saw that they posted this on the potcoin subreddit
legendary
Kaspa
In the past, the main side effect people wanted was the "high", so this form of cannabis ingestion probably would not have happened to such an expensive plant that was grown for the "high".  

Researchers are saying that juiced cannabis has very high levels of the stuff in cannabis that actually help the body work and fight things like cancer which are lost when heated.  As the baby boomers grow and many wont want to get high as a side effect, this juicing industry will be big one day I believe.

and well grown buds taste delicious once you get used to them... I chew it as long as possible until theres just fibers left in my mouth, so as more and more people learn about the health benefits we'll see people start eating raw buds in salads etc and being part of their families diets

YaY science  Cool
In the past, the main side effect people wanted was the "high", so this form of cannabis ingestion probably would not have happened to such an expensive plant that was grown for the "high". 

Researchers are saying that juiced cannabis has very high levels of the stuff in cannabis that actually help the body work and fight things like cancer which are lost when heated.  As the baby boomers grow and many wont want to get high as a side effect, this juicing industry will be big one day I believe.
legendary
Kaspa
 (comments I made on the CCC this morning)

I have been a long time smoker and eater of cooked cannabis but I can't believe how much my life has changed since I started eating raw cannabis since last year... depression/anxiety is next to gone compared to my first 34 years, my mom is stunned at the change in me... not too mention the migraines, back and joint pain being next to gone as well. I eat less than a gram every 4 days completely raw, no high just relief (i still smoke but a lot less) with out the fear of migraines I can read more and more without my feeling my head starting to go all wonky (which starts a migraine and frustration)... something I have suffered from since I was young. Hearing about all the help the raw (non heated) oils where giving kids/people with seizures, so I started making my own, which helped me a lot... then just started eating it raw and after I saw a study talking about raw cannabis being a better anti depressant than most pharmaceuticals they pump into people for depression/anxiety disorders then I started to take it a lot more serious and make sure I stick to it. I have never taken anti depressants and suffered with my depression/anxiety "disorder/imbalance" cause I saw the damage the pharmaceuticals had done to my family and all the side effects that come with them... if I knew eating raw herb would help so much with ZERO side effects when I was a kid I probably would have more than a grade 8/9 education (lol so deff more self educated)

I've never used heat when I made oils, so eating them doesn't get you high... but super heat it in a glass vile then pour it into gel caps hehe and a point .5 of it will put you on your ass  Cool

I like good Bubble hash over dabs/shatter/wax any day... no extra toxins and as good if not better to eat than eating raw cannabis buds, and good bubble hash works fine in almost any "dabber" or vape pen

EDIT: I just noticed that guys video got 40,000+ views in a month!!! him and his videos would be great to get on team POT  Grin

I was also going to ask about an android wallet..?

We are currently working on a stand alone Android and iOS PotCoin Wallets as outlined in the roadmap.  They will not require to download the potchain.

Cool Great stuff, and be sure to host it on googleplay store... I have a heck of a time trying to get friends to check out a coin through the forums or webpages but they all trust googleplay and would be so easy for newbs to get involved  Grin

YES! Googleplay store app would go a long way.  

I think that the distribution of potcoins is pretty good, lots of supporters but a lot of them holding on to large bags, hopefully they wont kill the market as it starts to climb back up.

Best thing for people to do is to start buying POT again Smiley  maybe a small baggie at this low low price of 450?  Roll Eyes

For sure theres a lot of coins out there that people have been sitting on... so deff expect a time of "re distribution" don't chase the price up to bad, low buys of a healthy size should get filled by those looking to exit.

a great raw cannabis video I just found this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV9ZbKXj6E

Juicing cannabis is also an area that our organization would like to pursue in the future, There are very many health benefits that are being discovered to juicing.  That and being "high" is not the goal for every cannabis user and juicing I heard actually decreases the psychoactiveness of the cannabis because most of the resin glands are in the THCa form and not in the psychoactive HTC which is developed over time or converted from THCa with heat.   

I like the direction that cannabis is taking in this aspect of the industry.  I'm sure you all heard about Rosin Tech, the solventless dabs.  really cool method the youtube cannabis community are working on as we speak Smiley
legendary
Kaspa

We are currently working on a stand alone Android and iOS PotCoin Wallets as outlined in the roadmap.  They will not require to download the potchain.

Cool Great stuff, and be sure to host it on googleplay store... I have a heck of a time trying to get friends to check out a coin through the forums or webpages but they all trust googleplay and would be so easy for newbs to get involved  Grin

I think that the distribution of potcoins is pretty good, lots of supporters but a lot of them holding on to large bags, hopefully they wont kill the market as it starts to climb back up.

Best thing for people to do is to start buying POT again Smiley  maybe a small baggie at this low low price of 450?  Roll Eyes

For sure theres a lot of coins out there that people have been sitting on... so deff expect a time of "re distribution" don't chase the price up to bad, low buys of a healthy size should get filled by those looking to exit.

a great raw cannabis video I just found this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV9ZbKXj6E

legendary
Kaspa

We are currently working on a stand alone Android and iOS PotCoin Wallets as outlined in the roadmap.  They will not require to download the potchain.

Cool Great stuff, and be sure to host it on googleplay store... I have a heck of a time trying to get friends to check out a coin through the forums or webpages but they all trust googleplay and would be so easy for newbs to get involved  Grin

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

We are currently working on a stand alone Android and iOS PotCoin Wallets as outlined in the roadmap.  They will not require to download the potchain.
Jump to: