Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 166. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
RoadMap Update

PotLabs has been working on the current roadmap and here is a progress report:

1- The Official PotChain is back up and running

2- We're restored the PotCoin WebWallet and we are just waiting for the blockchain to re-sync on the server. This could take a day or two depending on the server's speed.

3- We are designing Banners for the PotCoin GiveAway & PotWallet which we will post for review as soon as they are ready.

4- PotWallet is now offering a PotCoin GiveAway to new users who verify their account. New PotWallet users will receive 100 Free PotCoins. We have a total of 500k PotCoin in the giveaway account which would give the first 5,000 new verified accounts 100 Free PotCoins. We are planning to add more coins to the balance as the GiveAway progresses. The banner campaign will be a big part of driving new users to the PotCoin community via the GiveAway of Free PotCoins.

5- The 1st professional PotCoin marketing/promotional video is in progress and will be very similar to what is bitcoin? rebranded for PotCoin. This video will serve as general PotCoin information for new or unfamiliar users. It will be the first of many videos each of which will focus on a different target audience.

6- CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT
- PotWallet Code Update (Notifications, Chat, more)
- PotCards
- Rewards Program
- iPhone Application

Note: Items 1 and 2 were not on the roadmap but we felt that getting these services up and running was essential to PotCoin and the community. As these services were not developed by PotLabs it took us some time to familiarize ourselves with the code. PotLabs is in contact with "The Stig" and are working out the transition to POSv which is scheduled sometime in the month of June, 2015
i registered but never got email
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
RoadMap Update

PotLabs has been working on the current roadmap and here is a progress report:

1- The Official PotChain is back up and running

2- We're restored the PotCoin WebWallet and we are just waiting for the blockchain to re-sync on the server. This could take a day or two depending on the server's speed.

3- We are designing Banners for the PotCoin GiveAway & PotWallet which we will post for review as soon as they are ready.

4- PotWallet is now offering a PotCoin GiveAway to new users who verify their account. New PotWallet users will receive 100 Free PotCoins. We have a total of 500k PotCoin in the giveaway account which would give the first 5,000 new verified accounts 100 Free PotCoins. We are planning to add more coins to the balance as the GiveAway progresses. The banner campaign will be a big part of driving new users to the PotCoin community via the GiveAway of Free PotCoins.

5- The 1st professional PotCoin marketing/promotional video is in progress and will be very similar to what is bitcoin? rebranded for PotCoin. This video will serve as general PotCoin information for new or unfamiliar users. It will be the first of many videos each of which will focus on a different target audience.

6- CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT
- PotWallet Code Update (Notifications, Chat, more)
- PotCards
- Rewards Program
- iPhone Application

Note: Items 1 and 2 were not on the roadmap but we felt that getting these services up and running was essential to PotCoin and the community. As these services were not developed by PotLabs it took us some time to familiarize ourselves with the code. PotLabs is in contact with "The Stig" and are working out the transition to POSv which is scheduled sometime in the month of June, 2015
Activity: 257
This dispensary takes Potcoin for Cannabis...

https://www.weedsta.com/dispensary/california/carlsbad/goodvibes

Check it out if you live near by...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 197
PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH POTCOIN: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with Potcoin: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

Cool.  Smiley

Glad to have a nice place to make purchases using Potcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH POTCOIN: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with Potcoin: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

As a Staker, I would really love to get some more information on the Proof of Stake specifications which are planned.

As soon as PotLabs has any information on the final specifications we will let everyone know, there will most likely be a questions and feedback period as well.
The "Stig" actually worked out the transition to POSv close to two months ago, because of the transition delay the algo change will need to be re-worked and re-tested. What had been previously discussed was a low interest rate like 3% with 1% going to a cannabis related charity. The Potcoin community would be able to vote on which charity receives the coins once per year.

Everyone would have liked to implement an alog change sooner but without the consent of Potcoin Systems this wasn't possiblte.

PotLabs is working extremely hard accomplishing the goals set out in the roadmap, and will post updated as development become available.
As a Staker, I would really love to get some more information on the Proof of Stake specifications which are planned.

This...

This question was just asked on potcoin subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3495dh/question_for_potcoinlabs_or_anyone_who_talks_to/
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I have a pool setup on P2Pools.com

East Coast USA: Sarasota, FL
Server Address: stratum+tcp://mining.p2pools.com:24021
Username: Your_Wallet_Address
Password: anything

p2pool info on my github -> https://github.com/devlin85/p2pool

Can you help teach me how to mine on your pool so I can make a tutorial for new users?

http://highonpotcoin.info/basics-mining-potcoin-gpu/

Thanks friend
Activity: 51

Can you help teach me how to mine on your pool so I can make a tutorial for new users?

http://highonpotcoin.info/basics-mining-potcoin-gpu/

Activity: 145

Grin I'm really excited about this. Congrats to us all that hung in there.  Cool
I do like PoSV.. long awaited algo change!
Nice website. PotCoin is pretty cheap. I'm going to get in on this.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
So, I am interested  Grin I am wondering which shops ( selling cannabis ) accept this coin?
If all of this gets done it will be HUGE for Potcoin
Merit: 250
Nice, finally some real action.

Time for the dev to finally hand over the accounts.

ROAD MAP DETAILS

MAY

1- PotWallet will contract the creation of a professional marketing video for Potcoin.  This will be a basic video describing what Potcoin is, how it can be used, and some of the few advantages of digital currency. The video will be modelled after the following videos:

Any and all suggestions will be considered for the video and the final script will be posted for review and any final comments.

An important step in the Potwallet marketing campaign will be to drive new users to adopt Potcoin, PotWallet and increase support within the community.  The creation of high quality banners specifically tailored to marijuana users, aimed to grab their attention and drive them to the Potcoin websites.

2- Potcoin Banner Campaign and Giveaway: All new users registering on PotWallet.com will receive 100 Potcoins when registering their phone number.  This will help drive new users to the Potcoin economy, allow people to experience using Potcoin for free, and who can say no to free money!

3- PotWallet has seen a recent increase in user registration and the wallet code will be upgraded to handle users requests, decrease downtime and add some basic support features and notifications.

JUNE

1- A long awaited and well deserved algorithm change to the Potcoin code.  After much discussion, review and research all parties currently working on Potwallet and “the stig” feel transferring to “Proof of Stake Velocity” (POSv) would be the most secure, efficient and beneficial for the community in the long term.  This does not mean this will be the final algorithm change for Potcoin, but with current mining and security concerns a change to POSv would truly solidify the future of Potcoin.

2- Potcoin.com has lacked consistent updates, news, vital information and a store where one could use or redeem Potcoins for real products.  With the potcoin.com domain no being managed by PotLabs the website will be completely re-buil from the ground up. The site will be simple, easy to navigate and will incorporate a potcoin shop and rewards program.

3- With the re-launch of www.potcoin.com we will be creating a new batch of marketing videos tailored to some of the specific features available for users, merchants and as a rewards program.

JULY

1- We have the plan to develop a unique strand of weed for the Potcoin community.  There will be a vote on the name and which strains should be mixed.  This process does take some time and is expected to be completed within six to eight months.  Although selling the Potcoin strain of weed for coins may be illegal in certain districts, seeds of the Potcoin strain would be readily available.

2- The Potcards should have never been stopped.  They were hugely successful and approved by paypal as the product is being delivered to the customer.  This is a great way to promote Potcoins to new users and main people unfamiliar with crypto currencies like having a physical product in their hands.

3- The Potcoin rewards program will feature a limited number of products that will be priced in Potcoin and only redeemable for Potcoin.  We have established a partnership with a local Vape shop in Montreal who will provide products for the rewards program at a discount.  We will be launching the rewards program with the new potcoin.com

AUGUST

1- Potcoin Shop - Finally a place to buy products with Potcoin and only Potcoin.  This shop will be integrated into www.potcoin.com with a full shopping cart.

2- Android and iPhone applications will  be launched simultaneously.  This will be a huge step towards mass user adoption and visibility.  We are currently in the process of designing the basic layout and functionality of the apps.  Hopefully we will have a demo or screenshots soon, to get as much feedback as possible.

3-  With the launch of the Potcoin Shop, Rewards Program and new iPhone and android applications it’s not time to hit the masses, merchants and investors.  With a working economy and associated software products, merchants and users can join and build on the Potcoin community.  Armed with a arsenal of banners, videos, brochures, potcards, rewards and giveaways marketing will now be a primary focus of the PotWallet team.  Potcoin needs to have a goal of 1Million users by 4/20 2016.
Jump to: