Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 169. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
CannabisCoin is the future. I own a dispensary in Seattle Washington and it has the most real world use cases for me. That's why I chose it over this coin.

Take care all and happy investing.

My company:

http://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/5-star-organic

Instagram: @5starorganic

Can you provide a simple/brief Pro/Con comparison list between the two coins as to why you chose one over the other?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CannabisCoin is the future. I own a dispensary in Seattle Washington and it has the most real world use cases for me. That's why I chose it over this coin.

Take care all and happy investing.

My company:

http://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/5-star-organic

Instagram: @5starorganic
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
What happened to those ambitious plans?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
If you have not seen yet come and vote for Potcoin to be added to wesellcrypto.com

This time you can vote without registering so get on in here guys!

http://strawpoll.me/3842013

VOTE POTCOIN! Cheesy
Activity: 21
As the transition to true community management and ownership of PotCoin continues, I'm happy to introduce our first three community admins:

• Deemington
  • Potcoiner420
  • OriginalMrCoin

Full announcement on the PotCoin wesbite: http://potcoin.cc/welcome-our-first-potcoin-community-admins/
Activity: 57
Activity: 616
As a transport of value, PotCoin is functional, and works with several stores. If you want to buy something from the store, you can buy PotCoin and then spend it in the store.
Activity: 257
Would anyone be interested if potcoin was accepted at an online store?

Several onlines stores already accept Potcoin, you can check some of them out here: http://potcoiner.com/spendpotcoins
Activity: 14
Would anyone be interested if potcoin was accepted at an online store?
Activity: 1
Buy wall up on cryptsy.can't make any money :-((
Activity: 13
potcoin had a chance a few weeks ago. now....who knows
Hey, just wanted to share another great project from the Potcoin Community: http://potcoinbanners.com/

Its a really cool cross-promotion website, I have been using it for my blog and works really well, and the best thing is that is free!

Activity: 308
This is good thanks for all the updates guys glad i noticed this and glad i got in on time looks like there was alot of exciting things in progress that i missed first time around, looks like we have a good team behind the scenes and maybe a good chance for Potcoin to lead the way! Well done.
Activity: 21
How's it going fellow PotCoiners?

I come today bearing a bit more information on all this PotCoin 3.0 business you've been hearing about, and I'm happy to tell you I'll be a big part of this transition.

The goal here is to move PotCoin in the direction it should have taken from the beginning; being a coin that is truly owned, maintained and adapted by its users, the awesome PotCoin community.

Official coin of the cannabis industry? I always hated that term. Let's make it the coin of the cannabis community, unofficially. Organic adoption over time is what can make that official.

The transition begins...

Russ has mentioned decentralized autonomous organisations in his recent posts, and that is the end-game that PotCoin will strive to achieve in the long-term. However, this will be a very gradual process taking place over a number of steps -- the first step is facilitating a handover to the community.

Community ownership is awesome, but it must be co-ordinated and structured in a way that it doesn't just fall apart. So, while there's no CEO and no official titles, we have decided to group the community members who participate into two roles; Decentralized Admins and Decentralized Developers.

Decentralized Admins (DA):

I will personally be labelled as Lead Decentralized Admin, heading up a core group of community admins who will be responsible for a multitude of tasks, these will include full maintenance of the PotCoin.com website and the PotCoin social media accounts, and everything else that needs to be done to keep things going and growing.

Decentralized Developers (DD)

This is a group of people with some kind of development skills, and Russ will be leading this group as Lead Decentralized Developer. These will be the people who not only work on the coin, but also on other tools, services, websites or anything else that can compliment it in some way.

It's likely that some of us will cross between both of these groups at times, and both groups will be working together on the whole.

We need to assemble a team of dedicated DAs and DDs. We have been/will be reaching out to some long-term and more involved PotCoin supporters regarding this, but we are also open to applications from anybody out there. Send an email to [email protected] if you are interested, detailing how you think you may be able to help.

In the future, once everything is rolling, we will decide upon a democratic process so that the whole community can influence future members or leaders in the project.

Revealing the new PotCoin 3.0 model in detail

We want to do this the right way, and are now in the stages of finalizing complete and detailed documentation of the new PotCoin model with the hope to publish it in a week or so from now.

We will be asking potential DAs and DDs to assist with reviewing this documentation, so that when published we can be confident it’s a plan that everyone involved is happy to pursue.

Once published, there will be time for the wider community to analyse the model and bring up suggestions, concerns or things they just plain don’t like about it. Nothing is set in stone, and the community’s feedback will not only be listened to, it will be asked for.

We’ve seen many  things that this community is capable of as individuals -- Russ and I believe that if we all work together there is no limit to what we can achieve with PotCoin and the cannabis community.

Stay awesome!

Bobby (Ironhammer5)

TL;DR - Russ and I are leading the charge towards a community-led PotCoin, and it will be amazing. Need applicants to help. Detailed documentation of plans to come soon.
What is the latest wallet version and where can I download it?

from potcoin.com
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

My apprentice has accepted a project https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpre-launchicodao-the-420-alliance-joint-force-store-967364

Let me know what you think about The 420 Alliance Joint Force idea.

POT will be accepted at the store.

Activity: 251
Fuck I hate this site
Activity: 182
What is the latest wallet version and where can I download it?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
We will be establishing a better communication path to the PotCoin community very soon. I can't say much about the PotCoin 3.0 plans yet since we are finalizing plans before the end of this month, but I can tell you that there will be a some big news coming up in the next couple of weeks that the community will be pleased with.

One of the many goals is to ensure the community has the opportunity to have a larger role in the coin and that they feel supported in their endeavors. We also aim to make online merchant adoption far easier, along with universal applications for consumer to merchant transactions. Some changes will be swift over the next two months. Others, such as software development and third party integration, are time and budget bound and in some cases dependent on future tech, so please be patient and know that this is far from a dead coin. Honestly, for a 1 year start-up tech company I would be generally happy with the results, but the cryptocurrency industry can be brutal at times. Keep in mind that PotCoin is unique in that we serve a specific community and culture where our strategies put less of a priority on software development in comparison to community adoption.

Wasn't that the same mantra of PotCoin 2.0 ??

Fair enough, my friend. I left PotCoin Systems officially on October 1st, 2014 along with Alec Rochford, my cousin and now CEO of Duby. There was a disagreement on strategies for managing PotCoin Systems and budgetary concerns as capital rapidly dried up with the fall of Bitcoin late last year. Alec and I made the decision to turn the majority of our investments into a new mobile application based on a concept of viral social networking that we had been designing over the past year in our "spare time". However, we continued to support the PotCoin community, invest in the coin, manage social media, and manage all the servers since then. So, to more accurately answer your question... yes, it was my mantra and still is, but now we will be able to execute it properly as a community and not a company. PotCoin 2.0 had such intentions in mind from the get go, but we had to focus on our branding, apps, legalities, and overall growing up from the Pothead down the street and into a real company capable of obtaining large capital investment. Sometimes it simply takes time for a message to sink in before a coordinated action can be negotiated successfully.

I expect the Colorado M.E.D. to be content, or at least officially take no position with the use of virtual currencies for the exchange of marijuana in Colorado (as expected). Our attorneys and I have worked on this for some time now and feel that it will set a historical precedent in the industry by removing concerns for dispensary owners, growers and manufacturers of infused products in Colorado. We are fortunate that Colorado, unlike Washington and Oregon, allows for public submission of requests for a statement of position on their rulings. This will serve a unique advantage in my local territory and will shape history by setting a precedent for other legalized states moving forward.

That's positive news.

Indeed. I expect a response within the next two weeks. This will be a historic moment for cannabis crypto as the first official acknowledgement from a government entity relating to virtual currencies and legalized marijuana sales.

There is a lot happening right now in PotCoin. Heck there is a lot happening in all three of my marijuana businesses... it's almost 4.20! It's like Christmas to retailers... everything is nuts 3 months before the rush.

READ THIS FOR MORE: http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/2ww0qe/status_update_potcoin_30/

- NIL

I remember last year there was a big price rise ahead of 4/20 and people started cashing out before any news about Potcoin's presence at events could emerge. That's the nature of speculating, but hopefully these upcoming announcements will pave the way for adoption to really kick into gear this time around  Cheesy
Activity: 16
We will be establishing a better communication path to the PotCoin community very soon. I can't say much about the PotCoin 3.0 plans yet since we are finalizing plans before the end of this month, but I can tell you that there will be a some big news coming up in the next couple of weeks that the community will be pleased with.

One of the many goals is to ensure the community has the opportunity to have a larger role in the coin and that they feel supported in their endeavors. We also aim to make online merchant adoption far easier, along with universal applications for consumer to merchant transactions. Some changes will be swift over the next two months. Others, such as software development and third party integration, are time and budget bound and in some cases dependent on future tech, so please be patient and know that this is far from a dead coin. Honestly, for a 1 year start-up tech company I would be generally happy with the results, but the cryptocurrency industry can be brutal at times. Keep in mind that PotCoin is unique in that we serve a specific community and culture where our strategies put less of a priority on software development in comparison to community adoption.

Wasn't that the same mantra of PotCoin 2.0 ??

Fair enough, my friend. I left PotCoin Systems officially on October 1st, 2014 along with Alec Rochford, my cousin and now CEO of Duby. There was a disagreement on strategies for managing PotCoin Systems and budgetary concerns as capital rapidly dried up with the fall of Bitcoin late last year. Alec and I made the decision to turn the majority of our investments into a new mobile application based on a concept of viral social networking that we had been designing over the past year in our "spare time". However, we continued to support the PotCoin community, invest in the coin, manage social media, and manage all the servers since then. So, to more accurately answer your question... yes, it was my mantra and still is, but now we will be able to execute it properly as a community and not a company. PotCoin 2.0 had such intentions in mind from the get go, but we had to focus on our branding, apps, legalities, and overall growing up from the Pothead down the street and into a real company capable of obtaining large capital investment. Sometimes it simply takes time for a message to sink in before a coordinated action can be negotiated successfully.

I expect the Colorado M.E.D. to be content, or at least officially take no position with the use of virtual currencies for the exchange of marijuana in Colorado (as expected). Our attorneys and I have worked on this for some time now and feel that it will set a historical precedent in the industry by removing concerns for dispensary owners, growers and manufacturers of infused products in Colorado. We are fortunate that Colorado, unlike Washington and Oregon, allows for public submission of requests for a statement of position on their rulings. This will serve a unique advantage in my local territory and will shape history by setting a precedent for other legalized states moving forward.

That's positive news.

Indeed. I expect a response within the next two weeks. This will be a historic moment for cannabis crypto as the first official acknowledgement from a government entity relating to virtual currencies and legalized marijuana sales.

There is a lot happening right now in PotCoin. Heck there is a lot happening in all three of my marijuana businesses... it's almost 4.20! It's like Christmas to retailers... everything is nuts 3 months before the rush.

READ THIS FOR MORE: http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/2ww0qe/status_update_potcoin_30/

- NIL
Jump to: