Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 170. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
We will be establishing a better communication path to the PotCoin community very soon. I can't say much about the PotCoin 3.0 plans yet since we are finalizing plans before the end of this month, but I can tell you that there will be a some big news coming up in the next couple of weeks that the community will be pleased with.

One of the many goals is to ensure the community has the opportunity to have a larger role in the coin and that they feel supported in their endeavors. We also aim to make online merchant adoption far easier, along with universal applications for consumer to merchant transactions. Some changes will be swift over the next two months. Others, such as software development and third party integration, are time and budget bound and in some cases dependent on future tech, so please be patient and know that this is far from a dead coin. Honestly, for a 1 year start-up tech company I would be generally happy with the results, but the cryptocurrency industry can be brutal at times. Keep in mind that PotCoin is unique in that we serve a specific community and culture where our strategies put less of a priority on software development in comparison to community adoption.

Wasn't that the same mantra of PotCoin 2.0 ??

I expect the Colorado M.E.D. to be content, or at least officially take no position with the use of virtual currencies for the exchange of marijuana in Colorado (as expected). Our attorneys and I have worked on this for some time now and feel that it will set a historical precedent in the industry by removing concerns for dispensary owners, growers and manufacturers of infused products in Colorado. We are fortunate that Colorado, unlike Washington and Oregon, allows for public submission of requests for a statement of position on their rulings. This will serve a unique advantage in my local territory and will shape history by setting a precedent for other legalized states moving forward.

That's positive news.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
Hey,

We are running a Potcoin Marketing Campaign on some well known bitcoin webpages, you can find out more about it and how to contribute on potcoin official forum: http://www.potcoinjoint.com/forum/potcoin/discussion/2961-potcoin-marketing-campaign

Regards!

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Wasn't there a guy that was going to work on PR, and specifically forum communication here?  I think his name was Russ or something.  I would have to go back and look, but he was supposed to be the liaison to the forums.  That went nowhere, fast.

If POT is doing things, and not the "we paid this guy X amount of bitcoin to say potcoin was cool" type things, then you need to announce it here as well.  90% of your miners, new and old, are going to come from these forums.  You lost a ton of them when you took Reddit user opinions over that of veteran miners.  If you want to win back miners, and help the coin in the long run, don't just blow smoke up our ass here.

-Fuse

Fuse,

Let me start by giving credit to Fuse. You rock brother! You have been a very active member of this community for quite some time and I love your witty insight. Thank you for calling me out.

Leaving me to write on the forums may not the best idea, although I aim to empower and employ others to represent the coin properly. Yes, I write fairly well and enjoy doing it, but I am a very busy man. I am running several cannabis start-up companies at the moment and I consider PotCoin to be one of them. Even though I left PotCoin as CIO to pursue my latest interest, Duby (duby.co) a mobile app launching in next month, I still work closely with the founders regularly and will be happy to provide my insight at such an opportune time.

We will be establishing a better communication path to the PotCoin community very soon. I can't say much about the PotCoin 3.0 plans yet since we are finalizing plans before the end of this month, but I can tell you that there will be a some big news coming up in the next couple of weeks that the community will be pleased with.

One of the many goals is to ensure the community has the opportunity to have a larger role in the coin and that they feel supported in their endeavors. We also aim to make online merchant adoption far easier, along with universal applications for consumer to merchant transactions. Some changes will be swift over the next two months. Others, such as software development and third party integration, are time and budget bound and in some cases dependent on future tech, so please be patient and know that this is far from a dead coin. Honestly, for a 1 year start-up tech company I would be generally happy with the results, but the cryptocurrency industry can be brutal at times. Keep in mind that PotCoin is unique in that we serve a specific community and culture where our strategies put less of a priority on software development in comparison to community adoption.

This is a monumental year for cannabusiness and the best times have yet to come. Yes, there is a driver at the wheel and a crew to change the tires. The PotCoin Stig is behind the wheel of this rally car and I'm navigating with a crew of founders, devs, and vibrant community.

I expect the Colorado M.E.D. to be content, or at least officially take no position with the use of virtual currencies for the exchange of marijuana in Colorado (as expected). Our attorneys and I have worked on this for some time now and feel that it will set a historical precedent in the industry by removing concerns for dispensary owners, growers and manufacturers of infused products in Colorado. We are fortunate that Colorado, unlike Washington and Oregon, allows for public submission of requests for a statement of position on their rulings. This will serve a unique advantage in my local territory and will shape history by setting a precedent for other legalized states moving forward.

I welcome criticism. Frankly, it's deserving since PotCoin Systems has been relatively quiet recently. A new PotCoin is on the horizon and I can assure you that we are working diligently behind the scenes. I make a personal promise to be more transparent in the future through multiple media outlets. Have faith my friends, a new PotCoin is in our future.

- NIL

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Heya

Just FYI that we're mining POT on our multipool: www.xpool.ca and miners have the option to keep their POT when it gets mined just by entering your POT address in your user settings.

Cheers!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Is this the main point of contact the POT?

Lol! if it is i will not be investing damn the ignorance i was about to ask the same thing but i wont bother  Undecided
Activity: 308
Is this the main point of contact the POT?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
mining POT alot lately with my titan.
good going with this letter
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
PotCoin Community,
The following letter has been drafted to address the Colorado Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division (M.E.D.) in regards to the use of virtual currencies for the purchase of marijuana and related products, both medical and recreational. This has been completed in coordination with attorney's Rachel K. Gillette, a renowned Cannabis Attorney out of Colorado, and Sean Kelly, PC or Oregon. Additionally, I would like to thank Ren Wilson, RedRhino, and Joel Yaffe for their support and consultation.
As an investor in cannabis technology and start-ups I have a significant interest in seeing thousands of hours of work and dollars not go to waste. In light of that, I have personally sponsored this letter and have contributed over $1k in USD and 100k in POT to date. While it is not necessary to seek any reimbursement, I am a bit smitten by the Vanity Ninja app that just came out, so if you want to help out send some coin to: PDUBYGH5GJNhQ8U6iYS8jceRfMBdLxYY7p
We will receive a response within 30 days and when the M.E.D. formulates a response it will be made publicly available on their site at the following location: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/laws-constitution-statutes-and-regulations-marijuana-enforcement#
Once received, this public document will serve to ease any concerns of Colorado dispensary owners regarding the use of virtual currencies for the sale of marijuana and related products. This letter is in preparation for plans underway to integrate with cannabis retailer point-of-sale systems combined with a universal mobile application for customers.

February 1, 2015
Ms. Barbara Brohl Executive Director – Colorado Department of Revenue State Licensing Authority - Marijuana Enforcement Division 455 Sherman Street, Suite 390 Denver, CO 80203
Re: Petition for Statement of Position
Dear Ms. Brohl:
On behalf of my client marijuana business licensees and pursuant to 1 CCR 212-1-1.104 and 1 CCR 212-2.104, I hereby petition the Division for a statement of position concerning the applicability of provisions of the Medical and Retail Marijuana Code, or any other statute or regulation of the State Licensing or other Authority. We request a statement of position for clarity and in order to achieve compliance.
Background: Virtual currency is a digital representation of value that functions as a medium of exchange, a unit of account, and/or a store of value. It operates like “real” currency -- i.e., the coin and paper money of the United States that circulates and is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange -- but it is not a fiat currency. Federal and State governments are aware that “virtual currency” may be used to pay for goods or services, or held for investment. Hundreds of businesses in Colorado from Microsoft to Jerome’s Pizza in Denver are already accepting virtual currency as a form of payment.
In this instance, the company offering the marijuana business the ability to accept virtual currency would collect no transaction fees. The marijuana business’s customer is offered the option to pay with virtual currency or cash at time of sale. The marijuana business’s point of sale software would check the current live markets for actual price of the virtual currency in U.S. Dollars at time of sale and record the transaction, much like any other cash or credit card transaction. The transaction takes seconds and automatically would update the merchant’s Point of Sale terminal instantaneously. The software dovetails with the marijuana business’s marijuana inventory tracking system (“METRC”, formerly “MITS”) and logs every transaction.
All transactions would be recorded in U.S. Dollar value, thus the customer would be paying applicable Colorado taxes at the Point of Sale.
Clarification of whether a medical marijuana business licensee may accept virtual currency, as a form of payment for medical marijuana products or other products. Questions:
1 CCR 212-1:1.309
Secondary Software Systems Allowed a. Nothing in this rule prohibits a Medical Marijuana Business from using separate software applications to collect information to be used by the business including secondary inventory tracking or point of sale systems.
Questions:
(a) May a licensed medical marijuana store accept a virtual currency as a form of payment for marijuana and marijuana products from customers?
(b) May a licensed medical marijuana store accept virtual currency for other (non-marijuana) products from customers?
(c) May a licensed medical marijuana business use a virtual currency for wholesale marijuana and marijuana products transactions with another licensed medical marijuana business?
Clarification of whether a recreational marijuana business licensee may accept virtual currency, as a form of payment for recreational marijuana or other products.
1 CCR 212-2.309 4. Secondary Software Systems Allowed a. Nothing in this rule prohibits a Retail Marijuana Establishment from using separate software applications to collect information to be used by the business including secondary inventory tracking or point of sale systems.
Questions:
(a) May a licensed recreational marijuana store accept a virtual currency as a form of payment for marijuana and marijuana products?
(b) May a licensed recreational marijuana store accept virtual currency for other (non-marijuana) products from customers?
(c) May a licensed medical marijuana business use a virtual currency for wholesale marijuana and marijuana products transactions with another licensed medical marijuana business?
I look forward to your response to these questions within 30 days pursuant to 1 CCR 212-2.104 (A) and I thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Pursuant to 1 CCR 212-2.104 (E), I hereby affirm that this petition for a statement of position to the Division was mailed, on the same day that the petition was filed with the Division, to the relevant jurisdiction.
Sincerely,
Rachel K. Gillette, Attorney
cc: Lewis Koski, Executive Director, MED Kelly Rosenberg, Colorado AG Office John Viverito, Colorado AG Office
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
That's good news to hear. I'm curious, is there any disadvantage to them making a positive statement vs a neutral one?

A neutral one would mean there is no ruling on it and that dispensaries could accept crypto currency as payment.

what dispensaries are accepting potcoin? how many are they now and how many more will be the projected estimate number of dispensaries that will come on board?
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
That's good news to hear. I'm curious, is there any disadvantage to them making a positive statement vs a neutral one?

A neutral one would mean there is no ruling on it and that dispensaries could accept crypto currency as payment.
Activity: 10
ah ha, thank you very much fuse.  I was wondering about that.  They were probably right unfortunately lol.  I was hoping to be able to solo mine 420 of them.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
If the reward is supposed to halve at 4.2 years, why has it halved twice?  you haven't been around for 4 years...

They decided it would be a smart idea to halve the blocks more aggressively, so they changed the halving schedule.  There's a lot of info in the last 20-30 pages of this thread about it.

-Fuse
Activity: 10
If the reward is supposed to halve at 4.2 years, why has it halved twice?  you haven't been around for 4 years...
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
Hey this was posted just before Bitcointalk went down, I think it got deleted:

Happy Birthday PotCoin!
A few of us on the inside have been working with a prominent cannabis attorney in Colorado, by the name of Rachel K. Gillette, as well as Sean Kelly P.C. from Oregon. She has addressed the M.E.D. before successfully and we will be employing her to write an official Request for a Statement of Position on behalf of PotCoin.
Per the M.E.D., "In accordance with MED Rules M 104A and R 104 A, any person may petition the Division for a Statement of Position concerning the applicability to the petitioner of any provision of the Medical/Retail Code or any Regulation of the State Licensing Authority."
We do not expect the M.E.D. to officially approve, nor deny the use of cryptocurrencies in the sale of medical and recreational Marijuana. Rather, we expect them to have no position on the subject as there are currently no laws in which to have a position... exactly what we need.
With an official Statement of Position from the M.E.D. in hand, even if that position is of no position, validates that the use of cryptocurrency for the purchase of marijuana in the state of Colorado should not introduce additional risk to the dispensary owner. With such a statement in hand our battles with skepticism and fear of impacting their coveted licenses should be reduced significantly and allow PotCoin to pursue use for retail sales of marijuana in Colorado.
You can view other Statements of Position and applicable laws here: Colorado MED
Once complete we plan on targeting individual dispensaries initially, but we are also working with Point-of-Sale software developers to get PotCoin into the core of PoS software to allow for the easiest method to accept PotCoin while instantly enabling the solution for tens, if not hundreds of dispensaries that utilize the software.
To the Moon in 2015!
Nil

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/2t7n1b/potcoin_to_address_the_medical_marijuana/
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
If only POT forked into nescrypt  Cry
Activity: 266
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
wholesale Bob Marley lighters for POTcoin wanted Wink

Jamaica POtCOIN Trip Anyone?