Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 203. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251
Friday May 30th 4:20pm - Potcoin to be a vendor at Cannabis Cup San Fransico 2014 + Kind Tray Starting to accept PotCoin

http://potcoin.info/index.php/blog/97-potcoin-gets-a-booth-cannabis-cup-san-fransico-2014
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hmmmm.....it's 1:36pm CST and someone on Cryptsy has a 1.3 btc buy at 699.  Wow!!!!  Looks like somebody knows something we don't.  They are trying to buy around 150,000.00 pot.  Well i hope this stops the selling and starts the buying.  We need to get back to the 2500+ level and smooth out there.

It's because:

Most coins going through a big change like this experience a mine/pump/sell/pump/dump, and then taper off/die. The pattern, so far, is the same. Perhaps Potcoin will survive. The ATM is one of the good things going for it, but it'll need more and more of them deployed not just 1 or 2.

Shortly after the wallet was released there was a pump/dump, and now before block halving we're entering the sell/pump/dump phase.
Activity: 296
Merit: 10
Hmmmm.....it's 1:36pm CST and someone on Cryptsy has a 1.3 btc buy at 699.  Wow!!!!  Looks like somebody knows something we don't.  They are trying to buy around 150,000.00 pot.  Well i hope this stops the selling and starts the buying.  We need to get back to the 2500+ level and smooth out there.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cookie...Cookie.
Looks like POT is going to get real high here in the next 48 hours or so when the halving takes place.  Grin Time to go to the local exchange and buy some POT before it dries up. Roll Eyes
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
Ok. Here's the scan of the actual rolling paper used to set the World crypto record.

The first person that imports this private key into their Potcoin wallet will receive 5,000 PotcoinsShocked

(click image to enlarge)

Be sure to sweep the key (move the coins to a new address) or you will lose your pot! Shocked

Watch the record setting video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkcm0nFOI8

this is taking it to another level!! lol

smokemon has this idea at the start of potcoin wanting to make rolling papers that had coins on them.

if anyone knows a place that can do this on a large scale please contact us.

thats thinking outside the box!
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Potcoin (POT) | First Human to Smoke Crypto! | NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkcm0nFOI8

In this May 28th edition of the Goldcoin™ Report, Microguy (aka the flower child of crypto) becomes the first human being to smoke a cryptocurrency. Follow the instructions in the video and you could win 5000 Potcoins! Don't miss a moment of this "mile high" version of the Goldcoin report.

Note: I attempted to post this in /r/potcoin but the post was apparently not approved. I'll post a scanned image of the rolling paper tonight in this thread at precisely 11:00pm New York time. The first person to import the private key from the scanned rolling paper will win 5000 FREE Potcoins!

Please remember to sweep the key or your pot will be stolen!

Congratulations on being the first to smoke some POT  Wink

I'm curious...what does a virtual currency taste like?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Potcoin (POT) | First Human to Smoke Crypto! | NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkcm0nFOI8

In this May 28th edition of the Goldcoin™ Report, Microguy (aka the flower child of crypto) becomes the first human being to smoke a cryptocurrency. Follow the instructions in the video and you could win 5000 Potcoins! Don't miss a moment of this "mile high" version of the Goldcoin report.

Note: I attempted to post this in /r/potcoin but the post was apparently not approved. I'll post a scanned image of the rolling paper tonight in this thread at precisely 11:00pm New York time. The first person to import the private key from the scanned rolling paper will win 5000 FREE Potcoins!

Please remember to sweep the key or your pot will be stolen!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your POT!

We've upgraded our wallets to 0.8.6.4!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Worker Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your POT wallet address OR your generated Public Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3544

POT go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your POT!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
But that is my point...it was discussed on reddit and the dev ignored the naysayers. They just decided to halve the coin. Outrage ensued and they stepped back to actually listen. Or atleast they pretended to listen because they ended up doing the same thing anyway.

The 840k block has always existed but it doesn't make any sense which is why I disregard it. At 840k blocks and 420 coins per block, thats 352 million coins which is more than 75% of the supply.  So either it was always intended to halve the coin repeatedly in a short span (i.e. 4 times in a year) or the halving strategy was never set in stone and 840k block was just an estimate

Exactly... they pretended to listen and pushed on regardless.  The fact that they said "we're running a poll" and "we're testing the wallet changes" in the basically the same breath shows that.  We're on the same page about that.  The poll just gave them the results they already knew they had because of the outcry of halving support from reddit.

The 840k block was a ways off... true, but it was there.  I'm sure a lot of people would agree that the halving could have been so many other things than what it ended up being.  I still wish they would have considered a continual small percentage decrease over time.  But oh well... what's done is done.

-Fuse

The reality as I see it now ---  

1) The model seem to be this  ... create a company, piggy back on crypto/Bitcoin craze, mask it as open source community driven, but never really engage with the very people who can make or break the product. Could it be called a scam?  Not really. But lets call a spade a spade and see it for what it is.
2) Screaming loud does not work ---I personally have tried to make points over and over (both here and on Reddit) ..... without much response or even acknowledgement from people in charge of POT
3) POT may be the last man standing in the CCN/DOPE/POT crypto battle -- which I hope is true.
4) POT may become successful beyond what we believe can could ever happen -- which I hope is true.
5) POT will likely never have a vibrant true community - one where developers, maintainers, marketers and community members all have opportunity to discuss an debate how the coin moves forward and how we can collectively help it grow.

ATMs are cool ... but crypto currencies are mostly a techie thing.  Yes, virtually everyone you talk to has heard of Bitcoin ... outside of your immediate techie friends. how many people that you know actually own any? My guess is very few.  Now how can we expect POT to be any better?  We cant -- but we can expect that strong community, transparency and communication - the viral effect - will offset more than we can give credit.

I will admit - they are trying to make progress, but too slow and too veiled in secrecy and it baffles me.  .. its not rocket science.  --- IMO without a full court press (using a basketball term)  on the social media/community side -- I unfortunately think the future of POT is limited.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
But that is my point...it was discussed on reddit and the dev ignored the naysayers. They just decided to halve the coin. Outrage ensued and they stepped back to actually listen. Or atleast they pretended to listen because they ended up doing the same thing anyway.

The 840k block has always existed but it doesn't make any sense which is why I disregard it. At 840k blocks and 420 coins per block, thats 352 million coins which is more than 75% of the supply.  So either it was always intended to halve the coin repeatedly in a short span (i.e. 4 times in a year) or the halving strategy was never set in stone and 840k block was just an estimate

Exactly... they pretended to listen and pushed on regardless.  The fact that they said "we're running a poll" and "we're testing the wallet changes" in the basically the same breath shows that.  We're on the same page about that.  The poll just gave them the results they already knew they had because of the outcry of halving support from reddit.

The 840k block was a ways off... true, but it was there.  I'm sure a lot of people would agree that the halving could have been so many other things than what it ended up being.  I still wish they would have considered a continual small percentage decrease over time.  But oh well... what's done is done.

-Fuse
The dev team chose not to ask anybody at first...they came right out and said they were going to halve the coin. Parts of the community were outraged and they decided to have a poll.

In my opinion the halving strategy should have been thought out from the launch. The first thing I noticed about this coin after it launched...no halving or any mechanism to reduce block rewards over time. It seemed odd. When it came time to actually implementing something we all had different opinions on how to do it.

On the first point, the push for halving was made HEAVILY on reddit well before the poll.  Which is why I screamed for it after the halving announcement.  But you can go back and look at reddit and see how many people pushed for it before the poll.  I seriously questioned these peoples' crypto knowledge then, and I still do now.  You don't shout for change just because you think something will go "to da moonz".

I fully agree with the the first part of your second point, but there was a halving scheduled for POT.  It's in the first post of this thread, as follows:

Information
PoW algorithm: Scrypt
Premine: first 55 blocks where mined for checkpoints
Retarget: 107 blocks
Starting difficulty: 0.000
Max supply: 420 million
Reward halving interval: 840k blocks (~4.20 years)

There was a halving in place.  Why does everyone keep forgetting about that?  It's in the github, the website, the ANN post... how can people miss that?

-Fuse

Honestly, I thought their original schedule was perfect. In fact if you look at what milestones have been achieved now, with the original schedule, it's in perfect alignment. We were going to hit the original first halving pretty soon, just after the first major milestone was hit: ATM Deployment.
legendary
HODL for life.
The dev team chose not to ask anybody at first...they came right out and said they were going to halve the coin. Parts of the community were outraged and they decided to have a poll.

In my opinion the halving strategy should have been thought out from the launch. The first thing I noticed about this coin after it launched...no halving or any mechanism to reduce block rewards over time. It seemed odd. When it came time to actually implementing something we all had different opinions on how to do it.

On the first point, the push for halving was made HEAVILY on reddit well before the poll.  Which is why I screamed for it after the halving announcement.  But you can go back and look at reddit and see how many people pushed for it before the poll.  I seriously questioned these peoples' crypto knowledge then, and I still do now.  You don't shout for change just because you think something will go "to da moonz".

I fully agree with the the first part of your second point, but there was a halving scheduled for POT.  It's in the first post of this thread, as follows:

Information
PoW algorithm: Scrypt
Premine: first 55 blocks where mined for checkpoints
Retarget: 107 blocks
Starting difficulty: 0.000
Max supply: 420 million
Reward halving interval: 840k blocks (~4.20 years)

There was a halving in place.  Why does everyone keep forgetting about that?  It's in the github, the website, the ANN post... how can people miss that?

-Fuse
One thought on the reddit thing, perhaps PotCoin puts more energy toward them because they are seen as the more public outlet of the community. IE, the most likely largest influence on the internet.

Not saying it's wise, just saying, maybe that's why..

The reddit page probably is the better place to interact with the community. Here we are limited to the rules of bitcointalk, which are not always friendly to alt coins. Information here gets lost in the waves of posts about other alt coins. I generally tell people to check out the reddit page before I tell them to come here. Especially if they don't know a lot about bitcoin to begin with.

Most coins have their own set of forums. An "insert coin name here" talk.com like litecointalk or darkcointalk, but we don't. So the reddit page is the next best thing.

Which is why it is ludicrous to ask them what should be done with the coin in regards to mining specifics.  Why ask people what should happen to coin mining when they don't even understand coin mining?

Am I the only one that sees that?

-Fuse

Which is why it is ludicrous to ask them what should be done with the coin in regards to mining specifics.  Why ask people what should happen to coin mining when they don't even understand coin mining?

I brought this up a couple of times. I typically bring this point up in threads where the dev's are saying they're going to poll the community to make a decision.

If you ask people what they want, they'll say free TV, Free food, free luxury housing and cars, and discounts everywhere. Doesn't make for a sound economy.
legendary
HODL for life.
One thought on the reddit thing, perhaps PotCoin puts more energy toward them because they are seen as the more public outlet of the community. IE, the most likely largest influence on the internet.

The reddit page probably is the better place to interact with the community. Here we are limited to the rules of bitcointalk, which are not always friendly to alt coins. Information here gets lost in the waves of posts about other alt coins. I generally tell people to check out the reddit page before I tell them to come here. Especially if they don't know a lot about bitcoin to begin with.

Most coins have their own set of forums. An "insert coin name here" talk.com like litecointalk or darkcointalk, but we don't. So the reddit page is the next best thing.

-Fuse

Jump to: