Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 200. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com, a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
Activity: 767
Merit: 500

RIP overgrow  Cry

Potcoin needs more of a presence on all the major cannabis forums

A banner add saying "Does your seed vendor or dispensary accept Potcoin? Ask them today!"

ICMAG gets 50000 hits a day! Why isn't potcoin advertised there?

An add banner on ozstoners $510 AUD yearly. 37760 Total Members and right now 131 visitors to the page...

thctalk.com Average visits to this page: Hourly: 173.90 Daily: 4,173.55 Weekly: 29,214.83 Monthly: 126,945.37 Yearly: 1,523,344.47

Cannabis.com Statistics

Threads: 171,972 Posts: 1,976,248 Members: 199,549
There are currently 4825 users online. 10 members and 4815 guests

grasscity.com 18,133,826 Total Posts
 553,501 Total Members  
 23,614 Most Online

and the countless other forums...

A few well placed adds could get hundreds of thousands of people talking about potcoin in no time flat!

I think these are the types of questions that make people question the devs. Very reasonable and logical questions. Simple things that can be done to further the position of the coin and get the word out there. If they managed to advertise in conjunction with getting the places that are advertising to start accepting coins if they sell items, it makes a lot of sense.

If not talking about the coin, at least getting the word out there that such a thing exist, and the seed industry could do for the coin what the sr did for btc. By adding a certain level of annoniminty to the coin use, i know i know it is traceable but still, you could garner a lot more interest. Mutually beneficial for the seed banks as well as the users. All parties involved win.

Have you been lurking? A reddit user that signed up for here? Liking the way you think  Wink
Activity: 19

RIP overgrow  Cry

Potcoin needs more of a presence on all the major cannabis forums

A banner add saying "Does your seed vendor or dispensary accept Potcoin? Ask them today!"

ICMAG gets 50000 hits a day! Why isn't potcoin advertised there?

An add banner on ozstoners $510 AUD yearly. 37760 Total Members and right now 131 visitors to the page...

thctalk.com Average visits to this page: Hourly: 173.90 Daily: 4,173.55 Weekly: 29,214.83 Monthly: 126,945.37 Yearly: 1,523,344.47

Cannabis.com Statistics

Threads: 171,972 Posts: 1,976,248 Members: 199,549
There are currently 4825 users online. 10 members and 4815 guests

grasscity.com 18,133,826 Total Posts
 553,501 Total Members  
 23,614 Most Online

and the countless other forums...

A few well placed adds could get hundreds of thousands of people talking about potcoin in no time flat!

ATM's and brochures are nice but exposure is limited to the local demographic.

For real exposure Potcoin needs to be accepted at online seed vendors as a payment option to reach the masses.

Thats where the majority of our focus should be.

Still I would hand out brochures  Grin

Really we need to pool some funds to advertise at places like ICMAG.
Activity: 616
It would be nice if we could see volume/usage charts of the ATM to see how they've been used, how much, etc. Also a feedback system for folks who've used it, so they can help the owners know how to evolve the ATM system.

I'm also not surprised that, to date, there is still no media brochure package to hand out to small businesses. This is the responsibility of the owner, at the least they could delegate this to a select group of individuals, but they claimed they had one already made, and then dropped the subject.

That could be a valuable tool.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cookie...Cookie.
Is there a pool which takes profits in order to further potcoin? Set up ATM's, etc? A multipool? How can we make this happen?
Once seed companies get on board the rest of the industry will follow. Starting w/ dispensaries seem a little Irish to me but I do like how those fancy ATM's bring cyrpto's in general to the publics eye.  

Pot growers in general are a pretty paranoid bunch and the seed market is huge. If the end users found out they could buy seeds from vendors next to anonymously w/ potcoin then the buying would go insane! ICMAG
Cookie...Cookie.
How much do we all have to round up to get another ATM installed? Have press releases been done? How can we as a community come together to light a fire up under this puppy?
Potcoin is the only coin with a userbase at the ready for it to be used as bitcoin was intended to be. It will blow allother cyrptos out of the water and eventually be bigger than bitcoin.

I'm all in on potcoin. I have no doubt all of us will be insanely ritch in the future.  Shocked
Activity: 47
Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com, a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
The price of the coin does not matter so much, at least not so much to me. Bought 70k at 717 a week ago, which was a bargain then. The most important thing to me is the stability, which the coin seems to have. The market will dictate the price. The more and more the coin gets out there, the more it pops up in places and shows face among the huge network of merchants that sell everything under the sun relating to either marijuana or tobacco products, the better off the coin will do.

Big money big money no whammy no whammy, STOP!

1000% Agree .. stability is important. That said, IMO there is a line of perception; coins that are below 1000 are on shaky ground and are not as trust worthy.  I think that needs to be a target for stability -- then move it higher over time

I agree that network stability is paramount, followed by price stability, and that in a transactional/flow coin the price isn't as important--but you have to keep in mind that stability comes from hashrate, and price matters to those mining it. If it's not profitable or worthwhile, you lose portions of the network, and a flux in the network can cause volatility in price.

As has been discussed many times, any serious business coin should have its own private farm to always ensure a certain amount of hashrate is securing and processing the blockchain, and it's usually a farm owned or supported by the coin's owners.

Volatility can be a good thing and is an incentive to miners and trading. Volatility also provides opportunity for people get into POT at fluctuating prices which sparks interest and ultimately growth.

I would also recommend BOTs.  (DISCLOSURE: I have been an algorithmic trading systems developer for over 20 years and have made my living do so for the past 5+) Development and deployment of trading BOTs can provide a controlled mechanism for the "Company" to buy/sell POT in the open market. This serves a couple purposes:

1)  This can reduce the available coins, create scarcity and in the end, ideally support and boost the price. No different than any other buyback.
2)  Create volume and liquidity on the exchanges. Coins are like momentum stocks (APPL, NFLX, GOOG) and penny stocks (think Wolf of Wall Street) -- Baskin Robbins Flavor of the Month.  The ones that trade a lot of volume and have some oscillating price moves get attention.

Those are my thoughts ....

Certainly agree that volatility is a good thing. It allows people to feel like they are "getting in" on a good thing. Well it is certainly not a feeling an an opportunity to do so. That is why i try not to play chicken little so much, one mans trash type thing.

I think you can help to mitigate the variance that takes place though volatility. You can set forth the stone walkway and guide it down the path but you cannot prevent it from occasionally hitting a wall or two. I don't know how possible, or wise it is, to control it completely though.

It sure seems like someone who has been developing trading bots for the past 20 years could certainly be of great assistance in helping the design of a multipool that potcoin might develop  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I think the trading algos are the largest hurdle that occurs for setting up the pool.

Given the nature of the crypto world, how people are playing them like stocks or what ever, it makes sense that those with some type of boom and bust patterns tend to garner interest.
Activity: 29
The price of the coin does not matter so much, at least not so much to me. Bought 70k at 717 a week ago, which was a bargain then. The most important thing to me is the stability, which the coin seems to have. The market will dictate the price. The more and more the coin gets out there, the more it pops up in places and shows face among the huge network of merchants that sell everything under the sun relating to either marijuana or tobacco products, the better off the coin will do.

1000% Agree .. stability is important. That said, IMO there is a line of perception; coins that are below 1000 are on shaky ground and are not as trust worthy.  I think that needs to be a target for stability -- then move it higher over time

I agree that network stability is paramount, followed by price stability, and that in a transactional/flow coin the price isn't as important--but you have to keep in mind that stability comes from hashrate, and price matters to those mining it. If it's not profitable or worthwhile, you lose portions of the network, and a flux in the network can cause volatility in price.

As has been discussed many times, any serious business coin should have its own private farm to always ensure a certain amount of hashrate is securing and processing the blockchain, and it's usually a farm owned or supported by the coin's owners.

When I point to stability, I do not mean a flat no movement price. I mean a controlled price that can oscillate up and down with some significant swings, but does so in an efficient manner. The huge swings we have seen are because of an inefficient and lopsided market where the bid/ask spreads are huge and the volumes at certain prices are not enough to support the market.

Volatility can be a good thing and is an incentive to miners and trading. Volatility also provides opportunity for people get into POT at fluctuating prices which sparks interest and ultimately growth.

In free markets ... VOLATILITY => SIZZLE => Interest => Adoption  

The key in any of these measure is can you control VOLATILITY ... I think yes.

A farm and/or pool is a great start.

I would also recommend BOTs.  (DISCLOSURE: I have been an algorithmic trading systems developer for over 20 years and have made my living do so for the past 5+) Development and deployment of trading BOTs can provide a controlled mechanism for the "Company" to buy/sell POT in the open market. This serves a couple purposes:

1)  This can reduce the available coins, create scarcity and in the end, ideally support and boost the price. No different than any other buyback.
2)  Create volume and liquidity on the exchanges. Coins are like momentum stocks (APPL, NFLX, GOOG) and penny stocks (think Wolf of Wall Street) -- Baskin Robbins Flavor of the Month.  The ones that trade a lot of volume and have some oscillating price moves get attention.

Those are my thoughts ....

Cookie...Cookie.
A farm owned by the dev's shouldnt be neccesary, some people out there already have them.  Grin

EXACTLY. A private farm, OR a mining pool of people that assumes the roll of your private farm. A combination of the two would be best. It creates a demand for the coin by applying consistent buy pressure. Maybe that is some of the "big news" that has people all excited? 

I focus on cryptsy mainly, I've never used mintpal. The floor was 1300-1400 on cryptsy for its existance, up until the failed 4/20 takeoff, at which point it's continually been on a downward trend ever since.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/173

cryptsy shows trading well below 1400 from end of March to beginning of April.

cookiemonster7 asked you when the next halving will be.
Since you already read the halving schedule, you can answer that question for him.

I guess we're seeing 2 different things then, and I did say 1300-1400, which I see on my plot graphs. Spikes below are normal, just as are spikes above. The rough floor for a long time was 1300-1400. It's not worth arguing Roll Eyes

And his question was already answered. I suppose you didn't see that either? But thanks for telling me what I should do, mom.
Activity: 29

Cookie...Cookie.
Yep I see when the next halving will occur, I hope potcoin gets widely accepted in the community, which I firmly believe it will. Big things are coming for potcoin.
Activity: 33
I focus on cryptsy mainly, I've never used mintpal. The floor was 1300-1400 on cryptsy for its existance, up until the failed 4/20 takeoff, at which point it's continually been on a downward trend ever since.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/173

cryptsy shows trading well below 1400 from end of March to beginning of April.

cookiemonster7 asked you when the next halving will be.
Since you already read the halving schedule, you can answer that question for him.
Jump to: