Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 199. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Potcoin,

I'm a bit concerned over the following code that was added to the source in the main.h file, and I wanted to see why it was added in the first place.  Also, can someone confirm that this code wasn't included in the windows build of the wallet?

Code:
-#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)
 +//#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)

-#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 -#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 -#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 253241
 +//#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 +//#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 +#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 280000
  #define NDIFF_START_KGW 61798
 -#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"
 +//#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"

What is this foundation address in the code, and why is there a 2%+ fee being considered?  I can see that it is being commented out in the latest release, but I'm now a bit skeptical of the windows build.

Frankly, WTF?  Were you planning on skimming 2% of the coins off the top?

If I'm just being dumb, let me know.  Without clarification, this looks really suspicious to a code laymen like myself.

-Fuse
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hey potcoinjoint,

Pots cool, potcoins cool, spams not cool.

Get it?
Activity: 47
Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com 3 days ago and the community is already growing. It is a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
Activity: 20
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

https://coinking.io

Potcoin: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:3358
         Scrypt Multipool: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:7777

About COINKING.io
         50+ Coins
         1% Pool Fee
         Custom Coded from the ground up for scalability
         Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256, Quark Support
         Multipools for Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256
         American, European, and Asian stratum servers
         Auto-Convert block rewards to BTC/DOGE/LTC/FLT/WC/VTC/CINNI/WEST/PC/DRK/MAST/CRY/BOST/DIS
         Proprietary Profit Analysis Algorithm
         Dedicated (Single Coin) Mining Ports for every coin
         Email and SMS Alerts for everything!
         SMS (Text Message) Two Factor Auth
         DDoS Protection
         Automated configuration builder for all coins/algorithms.
         Refer other miners and earn 1% on all referrals with our innovative referral system

Support
         URL: https://coinking.io
         Email: [email protected]
         IRC: irc.freenode.net #coinking

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com 3 days ago and the community is already growing. It is a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Cheers
Activity: 87
Merit: 13
favours the true

I have been lurking ever since I heard of bitcoin and that was when it was at 60 cents. When it went over $1000 I really paid attention but I never got in on the action until 3days ago when I realized how Potcoin of all the cryptos was the most stable of them all.

I asked myself why is it so stable while the others are so volatile? It was obvious to me its because unlike Bitcoin, Potcoin comes with a built in userbase. The worldwide cannabis community. Potcoin has the potential to be actually used as a currency just like Bitcoin was intended to be.

I have no doubt in my mind that Potcoin will ecplipse Bitcoin and become the coin that brings digital currency mainstream. If Bitcoin can become a success w/ no userbase and its just the concept of digital currency that is driving it well imagine what a crypto currency w/ billions? of built in users can achieve.

I have no doubt in my mind that holders of potcoin will become extremely wealthy within a short period of time. This is the reason every cent I can muster is going into potcoin.

I was going to say "if" but I firmly believe its "when" ICMAG, seedbay & seedboutique get on board w/ Potcoin that will be the turning Point that changes everything.

I too feel very similar. The period of time, the length is relative. I of course am hoping it is on the shorter end of the spectrum, no doubt.

The logic behind why you feel if the seedbanks hop on board it will help a lot, makes sense to me. It then creates demand for the coin because it is the means of obtaining something with a much better mask of anonymity. I do think it is just a matter of time. For all the alts out there i think this coin certainly has a lot more presence than most, yet it could always be more.   

Well these guys just started accepting Blackcoin --> https://twitter.com/bitcoinseeds/status/474873322476670977

Maybe they might start accepting Potcoin if something was put to them
Hello Potcoin Community,

Cheers
Activity: 767
Merit: 500

I have been lurking ever since I heard of bitcoin and that was when it was at 60 cents. When it went over $1000 I really paid attention but I never got in on the action until 3days ago when I realized how Potcoin of all the cryptos was the most stable of them all.

I asked myself why is it so stable while the others are so volatile? It was obvious to me its because unlike Bitcoin, Potcoin comes with a built in userbase. The worldwide cannabis community. Potcoin has the potential to be actually used as a currency just like Bitcoin was intended to be.

I have no doubt in my mind that Potcoin will ecplipse Bitcoin and become the coin that brings digital currency mainstream. If Bitcoin can become a success w/ no userbase and its just the concept of digital currency that is driving it well imagine what a crypto currency w/ billions? of built in users can achieve.

I have no doubt in my mind that holders of potcoin will become extremely wealthy within a short period of time. This is the reason every cent I can muster is going into potcoin.

I was going to say "if" but I firmly believe its "when" ICMAG, seedbay & seedboutique get on board w/ Potcoin that will be the turning Point that changes everything.

I too feel very similar. The period of time, the length is relative. I of course am hoping it is on the shorter end of the spectrum, no doubt.

The logic behind why you feel if the seedbanks hop on board it will help a lot, makes sense to me. It then creates demand for the coin because it is the means of obtaining something with a much better mask of anonymity. I do think it is just a matter of time. For all the alts out there i think this coin certainly has a lot more presence than most, yet it could always be more.   
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cookie...Cookie.
I am seriously considering putting up half of what it would take to get an ad on ICMAG for a month, let's get a fire lit up under potcoin.
legendary
HODL for life.

ICMag doesn't need to "get on board".  Potcoin just needs to pay for some ad space.  That's all it would take to have exposure.  I don't think ICMag, or it's sister sites seedbay and seedboutique, would turn down ad money.

In case the devs need the link:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/misc.php?do=form&fid=2

-Fuse
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Come mine with an OG potcoin pool, chunkypools. We're proud of our great user interface and supportive community. If you're looking for consistent returns, Chunky is your potcoin pool.

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cookie...Cookie.
Any potcoin enthusiast that knows how to make a multipool that converts to potcoin? A multipool could easily drive up price and provide a new low, attracting more attention to Potcoin.
Activity: 19

RIP overgrow  Cry

Potcoin needs more of a presence on all the major cannabis forums

A banner add saying "Does your seed vendor or dispensary accept Potcoin? Ask them today!"

ICMAG gets 50000 hits a day! Why isn't potcoin advertised there?

An add banner on ozstoners $510 AUD yearly. 37760 Total Members and right now 131 visitors to the page...

thctalk.com Average visits to this page: Hourly: 173.90 Daily: 4,173.55 Weekly: 29,214.83 Monthly: 126,945.37 Yearly: 1,523,344.47

Cannabis.com Statistics

Threads: 171,972 Posts: 1,976,248 Members: 199,549
There are currently 4825 users online. 10 members and 4815 guests

grasscity.com 18,133,826 Total Posts
 553,501 Total Members  
 23,614 Most Online

and the countless other forums...

A few well placed adds could get hundreds of thousands of people talking about potcoin in no time flat!

I think these are the types of questions that make people question the devs. Very reasonable and logical questions. Simple things that can be done to further the position of the coin and get the word out there. If they managed to advertise in conjunction with getting the places that are advertising to start accepting coins if they sell items, it makes a lot of sense.

If not talking about the coin, at least getting the word out there that such a thing exist, and the seed industry could do for the coin what the sr did for btc. By adding a certain level of annoniminty to the coin use, i know i know it is traceable but still, you could garner a lot more interest. Mutually beneficial for the seed banks as well as the users. All parties involved win.

Have you been lurking? A reddit user that signed up for here? Liking the way you think  Wink

ATM's and brochures are nice but exposure is limited to the local demographic.

For real exposure Potcoin needs to be accepted at online seed vendors as a payment option to reach the masses.

Thats where the majority of our focus should be.

Still I would hand out brochures  Grin

Really we need to pool some funds to advertise at places like ICMAG.

Media kits do not need to be physically handed out to people... they can be emailed to prospective users as well.

The ICMag idea is something I would have thought they would have been all over already.  We're how far along now, and they still aren't targeting things like this?  Just pay for the damn ad and you just got the word out even more.  ICMag exposure means seedbay exposure and seedboutique exposure.  In time, this could lead to coin acceptance.  Grasscity and RollItUp are other forums that would probably sell ad space, but I'm pretty sure ICMag has the lion's share of the community.

-Fuse

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
I AM mining this coin , it is so good i feel
legendary
HODL for life.
ATM's and brochures are nice but exposure is limited to the local demographic.

For real exposure Potcoin needs to be accepted at online seed vendors as a payment option to reach the masses.

Thats where the majority of our focus should be.

Still I would hand out brochures  Grin

Really we need to pool some funds to advertise at places like ICMAG.

Media kits do not need to be physically handed out to people... they can be emailed to prospective users as well.

The ICMag idea is something I would have thought they would have been all over already.  We're how far along now, and they still aren't targeting things like this?  Just pay for the damn ad and you just got the word out even more.  ICMag exposure means seedbay exposure and seedboutique exposure.  In time, this could lead to coin acceptance.  Grasscity and RollItUp are other forums that would probably sell ad space, but I'm pretty sure ICMag has the lion's share of the community.

-Fuse
Jump to: