Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 202. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Great Marketing. Cheesy

Potcoin now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the alt coins to help you quickly find facts and links about your favorite coin.

http://coinwik.org/Potcoin
If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
That's a good point. Any publicity is good publicity right? Good move.
Activity: 126
Someone has been trying to exploit the timewarp attack right before block 280k

but the DIGISHIELD kicked in and bang... it worked.

we found out what happened!  SOMEONE had setup a side chain and hashing power that was running block times of 36 seconds and not 40.

SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO JACK US>>>>> glad we implemented the digishield.

Uh, yeah. I told you guys about this and was either ignored or overlooked.

Roll Eyes

Maybe it was just a good PR tactic for him not to acknowledge it until it was fixed  Cheesy

Imagine the panic if he had come on here and said "OMG we're under attack" lol.   

It was pretty obvious something nefarious was going on....

Activity: 616

we found out what happened!  SOMEONE had setup a side chain and hashing power that was running block times of 36 seconds and not 40.

Uh, yeah. I told you guys about this and was either ignored or overlooked.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
WE HAVE ARRIVED AT BLOCK 280 001 AND WE ARE OKAY!!!

"addr" : "105.227.70.157:61566", "services" : "00000003", "lastsend" : 1401642936, "lastrecv" : 1401642936, "bytessent" : 152, "bytesrecv" : 128, "blocksrequested" : 0, "conntime" : 1401642936, "version" : 70002, "subver" : "/Hashtoshi:0.8.6.4/", "inbound" : true, "startingheight" : 280000, "banscore" : 0

We have been banning lots of clients

Taking it to the next level now.!!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

Nicely done, a smooth transition  Smiley
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
WE HAVE ARRIVED AT BLOCK 280 001 AND WE ARE OKAY!!!

"addr" : "105.227.70.157:61566", "services" : "00000003", "lastsend" : 1401642936, "lastrecv" : 1401642936, "bytessent" : 152, "bytesrecv" : 128, "blocksrequested" : 0, "conntime" : 1401642936, "version" : 70002, "subver" : "/Hashtoshi:0.8.6.4/", "inbound" : true, "startingheight" : 280000, "banscore" : 0

We have been banning lots of clients

Taking it to the next level now.!!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
Activity: 767

Second -- Lets be part of the solution
There is a long road ahead for success. I can say the vision feels quite focused and clear and they are working hard to share what is able. We as a community need to make our minds up, there are only two reasons to be involved in POT:

1)  You believe in the long term vision and goal and see it as an investment.
If this is you, join and become part of the solution.  Offer both problems/issues but also offer ideas for solutions.  Engage and find ways we can help the community grow and find ways to individually help.  We can all have civil dialogue - complaining about problems without offering solutions is not fair to anyone and not helping POT of the community.

2)  You are simply a trader that expects a quick buck
Go for it.  But don't complain about coin prices. The focus of POT is not coin price. its about adoption and frankly, solid adoption will always trump the other factors that affect coin price.

The two are not mutually exclusive -  you can be both.  But you need to clearly understand what your dominant view is, and set your mindset accordingly. 

Perfect the world is ....NOT !

Very nicely put good sir! You made many good points but i like these the most! The coin is a work in progress. It is obvious that many of the people complaining have never really done anything with their lives, other wise they would understand that anything worth while takes time. The coin is like a child in it's infancy, you need to nurture and care for it now so that it can grow into a big, strong, and awesome coin! Not just kick it out of the nest and expect it to fly on it's own, not yet! It is still too early.
Activity: 175
Crypto Vein The Largest POT P2Pool!
www.cryptovein.com

P2Pool with a twist
Guaranteed lowest DOA P2Pool
Current POT DOA : 0.45%
Finding POT Blocks every 10-15 min.

We have built a totally new way to mine on p2pools:
  • PPLNS has been replaced by PROP payouts.
  • Killed off P2Pools DOA Shocked
  • Alot of coins to mine
  • Profit Switcher (cash out to BTC)
  • Manual Switcher (No more re-connecting and setting user names in your miners!)
  • Low payout thresholds
  • Friendly chat community
  • Live Balance updates
  • Lots of live stats and graphs
  • 1% fee on manual mining
  • 2% fee on profit switcher

Join Now !
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Potcoin (POT) | First Human to Smoke Crypto! | NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkcm0nFOI8

In this May 28th edition of the Goldcoin™ Report, Microguy (aka the flower child of crypto) becomes the first human being to smoke a cryptocurrency. Follow the instructions in the video and you could win 5000 Potcoins! Don't miss a moment of this "mile high" version of the Goldcoin report.

Note: I attempted to post this in /r/potcoin but the post was apparently not approved. I'll post a scanned image of the rolling paper tonight in this thread at precisely 11:00pm New York time. The first person to import the private key from the scanned rolling paper will win 5000 FREE Potcoins!

Please remember to sweep the key or your pot will be stolen!

I never knew Microguy was so relaxed. Smiley

Anyway, I bought a bunch of Potcoin. The main reason really is I know some Bitcoin only people that just hate any coin that isn't Bitcoin. When I asked one they thought of "Potcoin", he was like, "Well, I do like a nice Sativa"...
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
As I have been one of the more vocal critics here and on Reddit, and still a supporter and holder of LOTs of POT, I thought this follow up made sense.

I had the pleasure of talking to Nick Iversen recently the man leading POT. Nick and I talked for quite a while about a lot of various topics and issues. All of which have been raised and questioned here and on Reddit.  (I think we hit most if not all the general concerns)

I admit, prior to our discussion, I was skeptical of the entire process and direction of POT. In the end, my overall impression is that Nick and the growing POT team, has changed 180 degrees. Nick is a genuinely good guy trying to make the right decisions on the fly in a business that does not really exist today.  We have to see things for what they are.

So - I am taking a step back and resetting my own mindset - and tossing this out to the community.

First -- as a community, lets have some patience:
POT has achieved some fantastic success - probably more real world brick and mortar success than many coins could ever hope.  We can't lose sight of that.  And having been in companies that were in the start-up/fund raising mode, you can never count your money or even actions that are promised until things are signed and delivered. I am not saying that communication is perfect - it still needs work. But we all need to be a bit more patient with allowing press releases to flow out as they are official.

As I said the other day here ... they are making incremental changes on transparency and communication - I am sure there are more on the horizon. Believe me, if things get stagnant again ... I would be the first to criticize. But ofr now a bit of patience.

Second -- Lets be part of the solution
There is a long road ahead for success. I can say the vision feels quite focused and clear and they are working hard to share what is able. We as a community need to make our minds up, there are only two reasons to be involved in POT:

1)  You believe in the long term vision and goal and see it as an investment.
If this is you, join and become part of the solution.  Offer both problems/issues but also offer ideas for solutions.  Engage and find ways we can help the community grow and find ways to individually help.  We can all have civil dialogue - complaining about problems without offering solutions is not fair to anyone and not helping POT of the community.

2)  You are simply a trader that expects a quick buck
Go for it.  But don't complain about coin prices. The focus of POT is not coin price. its about adoption and frankly, solid adoption will always trump the other factors that affect coin price.

The two are not mutually exclusive -  you can be both.  But you need to clearly understand what your dominant view is, and set your mindset accordingly. 

Perfect the world is ....NOT !

There is lots to be confident in regarding POT ... remember, it is a green field start-up in a business that has never been attempted -- its a tough road at best. Mistakes will be made ... we can either help or throw stones .... I would rather be part of the solution.

Activity: 31
Countdown timer to time when we hit Potcoin block 280,000 and the reward halves:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140601T1105&p0=75&msg=Potcoin+Block+Reward+Halving
Assuming exactly 40-second blocks: Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM (Denver time)

Activity: 296
Merit: 10
Looks like PotCoin is starting off with the accessory shops first. It will be easier to move to the weed market once they have established themselves as a legit crypto currency. So lets all hit up our local pipe shops and try to get them to accept PotCoin. All I need is the Marketing Kit. When will it be available?   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Please also release standalone qt clients in the future, would much prefer this over an installer.

Well, since the devs don't seem to want to release anything but the installer version here is the standalone:

potcoin-0.8.6.4-win32.zip

(let me know if this link works)
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
Friday May 30th 4:20pm - Potcoin to be a vendor at Cannabis Cup San Fransico 2014 + Kind Tray Starting to accept PotCoin

http://potcoin.info/index.php/blog/97-potcoin-gets-a-booth-cannabis-cup-san-fransico-2014

Please fix the link. You chose an email link instead of web link.

This is a great event to get involved with, but please tell me you are going dressed like a vendor, and not like a patron.  And please, please, please tell me you'll have the finished informational kit ready to hand out to people and vendors.

-Fuse

fixed link..

all new media and marketing will be ready for the cannabis cup and we will have more news on this next week.
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Friday May 30th 4:20pm - Potcoin to be a vendor at Cannabis Cup San Fransico 2014 + Kind Tray Starting to accept PotCoin

http://potcoin.info/index.php/blog/97-potcoin-gets-a-booth-cannabis-cup-san-fransico-2014

This is cool. Looks like Russel has been busy Wink
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

I got to the link fine, I just want to make sure other people don't click on it wondering why it brings them to their mail.

-Fuse
Activity: 214

This is a great event to get involved with, but please tell me you are going dressed like a vendor, and not like a patron.  And please, please, please tell me you'll have the finished informational kit ready to hand out to people and vendors.

-Fuse

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

-Fuse
Activity: 57
Please also release standalone qt clients in the future, would much prefer this over an installer.
Jump to: