Pages:
Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 58. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
"I realize that you are invested in Potcoin and want it to succeed and I'm sorry for raining on the communities parade. "

Are you sure?  Smiley

WTH has a decentralized coin to do with a centralized ad-system, lol. So the only purpose is to fuel your ad-system then.... thats even worse than all other ideas I saw in past,  sorry. "Photoshopped ATM" - I really have to say I never saw that pic but a General Bytes machine cost you 3k USD and you have it ready running - wow. All you wrote up here is in my eyes not really a point for your coin even if POT would be dead.

In fact I don`t care anyway but thats just FUD & promo for your (dead) coin - what was dead 2016 and 2017 if only purpose is to fuel an ad-system in future, lol.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
I tend to agree with dopeys views about MJ coins in general.

I was a big investor in potcoin and cannabis coin and thankfully got out of potcoin with a profit before all this unsubstantiated hype and market price manipulation began. The Cann, well I believed too long and now am stuck with a worthless bag of shit.

Best of luck to all trading in cryptos. Make wise decisions based upon actual news, past developments and the likelihood that what teams say is coming in the future is actually possible.

Im bullish on DopeCoin in the next 12 months but only because of the recent few months of activity and a well planned well orchestrated swap.

The only real manipulation has been holding down POT prices. With just one news development like Canada going legal, POT will rage again to new ATH. Be patient and accumulate until the good news comes!

hahaha. too funny.

POTcoin has no market penetration, its being artificially inflated right now.

lol - so whats the difference now to Dopecoin (or any other)?
Of course questions can be asked and you should always decide on your own feeling but right now it sounds like the admin of competitor coin is spreading FUD here.

When that volume is right: 131USD/24h - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dopecoin/

... then the whole postings are even more funny. I see somehow no problem for POT when have x1000 trading volume than competitor. :-)

The difference is that DopeCoin has admitted the failed business model of trying to be a mainstream payment system to buy marijuana from dispensaries.

Instead of offering false promises and telling the community to "just wait guy's, any month now and we will be accepted into dispensaries and magically birth a mainstream user-base that will use PotCoin over cash, credit, debit or even Bitcoin. Just trust us"

This is the same thing that has been told by Potcoin and all the other marijuana cryptos. An unrealistic business model that has been attempted and been a total failure.

Fox news's business analyst nailed it 3 years ago - check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKICIXsqsU

The business model was a failure and I, among others, was wrong.

Now here we are 3 years later... Nothing has changed. There is still no userbase "beating down the doors to buy marijuana with crypto"

Rather than continuing to pursue a failed business model, DopeCoin is the only mmj coin that has accepted reality and made a plan to evolve.

I realize that you are invested in Potcoin and want it to succeed and I'm sorry for raining on the communities parade.

The reason I posted all this information and defended my position so passionately is because we just recently saw MarijuanaCoin rip off it's userbase for around 28 BTC, XCI and Gangacoin positioning to do the same.

And then we have PotCoin..... a coin that was basically dead for all of 2016 so it decided to manipulate it's user-base by releasing fake news and photoshopped pictures of atm machines.

And what are the future plans for PotCoin's business model? "We're going to get accepted into dispensaries guys! Just wait, 2017 is going to be a big year"

I do hope that you profit from your investment and I realize that many people are going to be pissed off at me for the things that I have said. My objective was to simply issue a warning and wake up call to and industry that I helped pioneer and am passionate about.

Warm regards,

Dopey

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

I was a big investor in potcoin and cannabis coin and thankfully got out of potcoin with a profit before all this unsubstantiated hype and market price manipulation began. The Cann, well I believed too long and now am stuck with a worthless bag of shit.

Best of luck to all trading in cryptos. Make wise decisions based upon actual news, past developments and the likelihood that what teams say is coming in the future is actually possible.

Im bullish on DopeCoin in the next 12 months but only because of the recent few months of activity and a well planned well orchestrated swap.

The only real manipulation has been holding down POT prices. With just one news development like Canada going legal, POT will rage again to new ATH. Be patient and accumulate until the good news comes!

hahaha. too funny.

lol - so whats the difference now to Dopecoin (or any other)?
Of course questions can be asked and you should always decide on your own feeling but right now it sounds like the admin of competitor coin is spreading FUD here.

When that volume is right: 131USD/24h - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dopecoin/

... then the whole postings are even more funny. I see somehow no problem for POT when have x1000 trading volume than competitor. :-)
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
this coin gets pushed higher with all the new interest in altcoins
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\

hahaha. too funny.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1680
Well, That's Crypto :-\

With all due respect, I'm not sure you understand the definition of volatility. Take a look at the chart from Oct 2015 - Oct 2016 = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

The coin was essentially abandoned and some of the original devs literally left the project after discovering the difficulty of getting any sort of mainstream use within the marketplace.

Regardless, it's Saturday night and I'm on vacation in Thailand, it would be foolish for me to continue this conversation with a newly created forum account with 3 posts.

I wish you luck and suggest you buy more PotCoin if you truly believe in the development team and their recent actions.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
"There was no volatility last year. The coin was sitting idle for over a year before these fake announcements were dropped in early October of last year which has caused the recent activity. Check here = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

Additionally, you can see that there was someone loading up right before the news dropped = https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_pot

I realize that you are on the opposite side of the fence on this argument and that's fine, once again I am simply stating facts."

There was plenty of volatility last year. Astute investors likely picked up the coins in the low hundred satoshis last year in some bulk and the price went up. Supply/demand for the coins and fundamentals of this growth sector were responsible for the rise to over 1000 satoshis. The fundamentals are still there and will only improve. Some overexuberance in the market at high levels last autumn does not change the forward direction of Potcoin.

Weedo
I am not connected to the "POT development team" but bought a few coins last year. POT community exists on a de facto decentralised basis I believe. Some of the volatility on poloniex last year is so typical of cryptocurrencies and is par for the course (and an opportunity to buy more). POT developers have achieved many of the goals. Android wallet is an understated major gain. The conjecture that one or two targets not being met means POT is a scam and basically likely to flop is untrue. POT does not have major VC funding yet so the yardstick for criticism should be relative. POT and its community continue to do well. Potcoin still exists and the POTential is there.

Whether the developers can meet all the goals this year remains to be seen. The marijuana market is in the making. Making it very easy for retailers/merchants to use a robust POT POS interface in my opinion is a priority for POT developers and community. The important consideration is not who could not stand the white knuckle ride of last years volatility but instead the important challenges ahead this year.

Weedo

There was no volatility last year. The coin was sitting idle for over a year before these fake announcements were dropped in early October of last year which has caused the recent activity. Check here = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

Additionally, you can see that there was someone loading up right before the news dropped = https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_pot

I realize that you are on the opposite side of the fence on this argument and that's fine, once again I am simply stating facts.

I am not connected to the "POT development team" but bought a few coins last year. POT community exists on a de facto decentralised basis I believe. Some of the volatility on poloniex last year is so typical of cryptocurrencies and is par for the course (and an opportunity to buy more). POT developers have achieved many of the goals. Android wallet is an understated major gain. The conjecture that one or two targets not being met means POT is a scam and basically likely to flop is untrue. POT does not have major VC funding yet so the yardstick for criticism should be relative. POT and its community continue to do well. Potcoin still exists and the POTential is there.

Whether the developers can meet all the goals this year remains to be seen. The marijuana market is in the making. Making it very easy for retailers/merchants to use a robust POT POS interface in my opinion is a priority for POT developers and community. The important consideration is not who could not stand the white knuckle ride of last years volatility but instead the important challenges ahead this year.

Weedo
Cryptocurrencies are a competitive arena. Previously marijuana coins including POT didn't get much traction. One of the concerns was that head shops  were not a good place for cryptocurrency payments. They are too informal and were not into tech. In future though the retail space in marijuana will change. Modern stores the size of mini supermarkets, and the formation of larger retail chains. POS systems will be required. Any cryptocurrency can move into this. POT is the leader in the marijuana cryptos.

This is not my area of expertise, but an easy to download (from the potwallet site) and use interface for merchants/retailers is important in the roll out of POT. As is the point of sales. The android wallet has been a major breakthrough in recent months. Despite the volatility of a few months ago POT price is stable and doing reasonably.

Thanks for the response!

However, I am still asking the same questions.

What happened to this silicon valley bigwig that was supposed to be revealed and this leaked picture of Potcoin ATM's that caused Potcoin to go from a 300k marketcap to 4 million?

This was 100% fake news and a complete lie from the "developers" in order to manipulate the community and cash in.
Are these the actions of a trusted development team that has your best interest at heart or have we witnessed another scam within the marijuana crypto scene?

I realize the tone of this response is harsh but I am simply pointing out facts.

The current valuation is based on nothing but smoke and mirrors and the developers of this crypto seem to have no problem deceiving their community for personal gain.

The reason I posted in this thread for the first time in 3 years was to simply shed light on the fraudulent activities that are going on within the marijuana cryptocurrency scene.
Cryptocurrencies are a competitive arena. Previously marijuana coins including POT didn't get much traction. One of the concerns was that head shops  were not a good place for cryptocurrency payments. They are too informal and were not into tech. In future though the retail space in marijuana will change. Modern stores the size of mini supermarkets, and the formation of larger retail chains. POS systems will be required. Any cryptocurrency can move into this. POT is the leader in the marijuana cryptos.

This is not my area of expertise, but an easy to download (from the potwallet site) and use interface for merchants/retailers is important in the roll out of POT. As is the point of sales. The android wallet has been a major breakthrough in recent months. Despite the volatility of a few months ago POT price is stable and doing reasonably.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
Adam, brings up a lot of good questions. What is Potcoin's business model ? I think 2 + years into this space and I think this is a fair questions to ask. It isn't trolling. We would like to keep all the 'weedcoins' honest. A scam here on a group of MJ enthusiasts , hurts us all in this space.

I am aware of the vague promises that have been made. This is nothing new.

The Potcoin community really needs to demand an answer to several questions.

First and foremost, what happened to this silicon valley big-wig that was supposed to be revealed and resulted in the latest pump of Potcoin's valuation?

Were you ever provided with closure on this? Or were you misled by a fake announcement and bullshit?

Wasn't there also supposed to be an army of Potcoin ATM's?

C'mon guys, I'm not some troll but rather, I am one of the original pioneers in the marijuana cryptocurrency space.

I realize that supporters of this coin will not like to hear what I am stating but I am simply stating facts.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

• We have submitted the Potwallet App to the Apple stores but got denied. As per Apple’s policy, No specific reason is given but their agent hinted that PotCoin as a cryptocurrency is not yet accepted on the store. We will continue to work with Apple and their requests hoping they will eventually approve the App.

Why don't you offer the installation kit for apple on your website?

I use blackberry! And on a blackberry I can install apps made for apple and android also!

BTW I'm offering 1 DOPE for 100 POT if anyone is interested let me know!

Grin you mean 100 dope for 1 pot

NO way mate!

I only support DOPE!

And would like to share it with you guys!
legendary
Activity: 1281

• We have submitted the Potwallet App to the Apple stores but got denied. As per Apple’s policy, No specific reason is given but their agent hinted that PotCoin as a cryptocurrency is not yet accepted on the store. We will continue to work with Apple and their requests hoping they will eventually approve the App.

I use blackberry! And on a blackberry I can install apps made for apple and android also!

Grin you mean 100 dope for 1 pot
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

The previous post is not a promo for DopeCoin but rather a warning to the community.

I wish you success and profit with your investments and regret seeing the community being lied to and taken advantage of.

Warm regards,

Dopey
Pages:
Jump to: