Pages:
Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 62. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
or as i said,don't shutdown the laptop but hibernate, so the wallets are always running after start
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Potwallet, even on the best PCs, takes a LONG time to sync! Get yourself a fast SSD in your new computer. That helps but even still it takes a while.

If you don't want to upgrade then find a wallet client that does not need to sync the entire blockchain. I don't know of any off the top of my head as I don't use them myself but I think this is recommended now for most users of Bitcoin due to the large blockchain.
Activity: 157
Merit: 102
you have to update the list nodes (ip's) i think its the potcoin.ini file, check the thread for a link to the updated list.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
if you have a laptop  than never shutdown it, just hibernate   so you don't need to open it again

coins with a bigger blockchain gonna take some time to start the wallet, it could look like the app is frozen but it s actually scanning the blockchain, you can see it with hard driver usage

if it really to long to load maybe your hard drive is very slow (could be damage, happen a lot on laptops) start to be very slow before it get really broken

Yaknow, I did not yet think to check the hard drive usage to see if it was running. I did notice that I do need a new hard drive. I got this laptop used and the HDD was only supposed to be a few months old, but if it is only that old, someone had to put it in a microwave or something because it's slower than a one legged turtle. It just made me nervous because none of the other few wallets I have quit responding(the not responding window opens asking me to wait for it to respond or close it) or take that long.

Guess I just need to upgrade this sucker a little bit. Thank you for your help.
legendary
if you have a laptop  than never shutdown it, just hibernate   so you don't need to open it again

coins with a bigger blockchain gonna take some time to start the wallet, it could look like the app is frozen but it s actually scanning the blockchain, you can see it with hard driver usage

if it really to long to load maybe your hard drive is very slow (could be damage, happen a lot on laptops) start to be very slow before it get really broken

Where can  I get help with a problem I'm having with the windows wallet? It's been almost a week of me trying to contact someone to get it working so I could feel comfortable buying more potcoin. But now I'm really considering just selling what I have and investing it somewhere else...... Help would be nice.

What problem are you having? Also, what CPU/ram/windows version/other info?

Have you tried the Coinomi android wallet? Works like a charm and fast! You should be able to enter your private key there

My laptop runs windows 7, 2.6gh/z i5, 8gb ram. The problem has been that most of the time (3/4 to half) when I start the client it stops responding before it even opens. Sometimes it will start after awhile(10-15 minutes) but like last night, I had it not responding for three hours before I gave up and exited out.

Yes, I have coinomi, but I really like having my main wallets on my laptop. Don't feel comfortable putting large amounts of funds onto third party wallets, especially android apps. Was hard enough for me to muster up the courage to download the Coinbase app. A couple thousand dollars may not be worth much to alot of people, but I've taken on a second job just to start investing it. So it kinda really means alot to me to say the least.

Where can  I get help with a problem I'm having with the windows wallet? It's been almost a week of me trying to contact someone to get it working so I could feel comfortable buying more potcoin. But now I'm really considering just selling what I have and investing it somewhere else...... Help would be nice.

Potcoin Wallet? New install?

Potcoin Wallet is very slow, first time taking 3 weeks for syncro... If I closed wallet one week, take 18-30 hours for syncro. idk why!!

Yes potcoin wallet. Sort of new, I had downloaded it and synched it a few weeks ago, but then this problem started happening and I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times. The few times I've had it start recently, it seemed to keep all of the blockchain data because it only had to update since the last time it was connected.

I'm really new to this (just acquired the first pc I've had in years this christmas) and am still learning. So, sorry if this is a normal thing that happens. I've just never been able to find any resources on this matter. Thank you guys.
Activity: 11

Potcoin Wallet? New install?

Potcoin Wallet is very slow, first time taking 3 weeks for syncro... If I closed wallet one week, take 18-30 hours for syncro. idk why!!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

What problem are you having? Also, what CPU/ram/windows version/other info?

Have you tried the Coinomi android wallet? Works like a charm and fast! You should be able to enter your private key there
Activity: 16
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Isn't pot POS and not minable anymore?
As for my understanding its pos and not pow anymore so better to buy and stake it inside your wallet im not sure why they are talking about mining it maybe because they want to get more pot since the price really amazing its still rising.
legendary
It is  POS so not sure why they are talking mining rigs in here lol

because someone wanna mine, but yes he has to mine something else and exchange for pot's

i sold all my dgb for pot  Smiley
time to time i sell some pot to buy back just after cheaper but i m always scared that i can't buy back, price won't get down
but for now i notice buy back always to expensive, i guess i don't have enough patience, not good trader lol
Activity: 148
The price really starts people, as expected, the Potcoin is steadily increasing, it is only a matter of time until the potcoin dimension assumes like Monero, in the demand for cannabis products especially in the USA..My opinion about the Potcoin is definitely undervalued and has a realistic market capitalization of 150-200 million dollars, it's just a matter of time until the right rise begins..The biggest winner in 2017 will be the Potcoin ,after he has already made tremendous price increases in 2016.Thinking and investing smartly and future oriented   Smiley
Activity: 57
It is  POS so not sure why they are talking mining rigs in here lol
Activity: 157
Merit: 102
legendary
because in my area rx470 4G from sapphir was a lot cheaper than 480's and get roi faster
in the cheaper good motherboard   go for asrock with 6 pci port  there are btc board but don't need to be a btc
go for amd is you wanna cheaper, you can put the cheapest athlon 160u (1chance/2 you unlock it in 260u)

i have 2 gigabyte 5 pci (better board and less trouble than the asrock but some more expensive)
i have an asrock b85 anniversary 6 pci but that was a nightmare to get the 6 running (so much bleu screeens)

1x4G memory is enough (but hard disk swap file need to put to 16 gigas)

if you need 1000w or more power supply than you can probably use 2 or 3 power supply  (cheaper than one 1000-1200)
2 x 500-600 is not possible because each riser need to be powered by first one (you can only connect the gpu pci-e connector to the 2nd psu)  each riser = 75w (1 yellow wire) +50w for system , than you calculate power for each gpu (but remember you need 6x gpu pci-e connector and or molex to pci-e , and you fast out of wire) but if smart you can also use the 4 wire to the cpu

if i remember rx480 need at lease 200w   so at lease 1200w (corsair 1200w can give 1300w)
or you don't mine ether , if you stick to monero and zcash than you use less power

i bough an corsair 750w for my 6x 470 but is was to small, i notice on ether mining it use more than 900w and power shut down (powersupply can go to 850w max stable) so i had to add an old psu to power 2 gpu

if you use win7  you also need the 6gpu patch

Thanks a lot for the detailed info, I will try the asrock 6 PCI. I am not concerned about price as much as ease of use. I am new to mining, so this will be my first attempt at setting up a rig.

It sounds like you changed from 480s to 470s. Was the main reason because the 470s are more profitable (same performance but more watts), or just because you are mining ZEC and XMR (need less power)now?

Cheers!
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
why the price fall today on poloniex? any news?
legendary
in the cheaper good motherboard   go for asrock with 6 pci port  there are btc board but don't need to be a btc
go for amd is you wanna cheaper, you can put the cheapest athlon 160u (1chance/2 you unlock it in 260u)

i have 2 gigabyte 5 pci (better board and less trouble than the asrock but some more expensive)
i have an asrock b85 anniversary 6 pci but that was a nightmare to get the 6 running (so much bleu screeens)

1x4G memory is enough (but hard disk swap file need to put to 16 gigas)

if you need 1000w or more power supply than you can probably use 2 or 3 power supply  (cheaper than one 1000-1200)
2 x 500-600 is not possible because each riser need to be powered by first one (you can only connect the gpu pci-e connector to the 2nd psu)  each riser = 75w (1 yellow wire) +50w for system , than you calculate power for each gpu (but remember you need 6x gpu pci-e connector and or molex to pci-e , and you fast out of wire) but if smart you can also use the 4 wire to the cpu

if i remember rx480 need at lease 200w   so at lease 1200w (corsair 1200w can give 1300w)
or you don't mine ether , if you stick to monero and zcash than you use less power

i bough an corsair 750w for my 6x 470 but is was to small, i notice on ether mining it use more than 900w and power shut down (powersupply can go to 850w max stable) so i had to add an old psu to power 2 gpu

if you use win7  you also need the 6gpu patch

i don't mine pot , if i remember it s scrypt  not profitable with gpu

better mine eth&xmr&zec and sell and buy pot

I am thinking of a 480 4gb sapphire nitro b/c of the dual BIOS. Should I go with 4gb or is it worth getting 8gb? What motherboard do you recommend?

I am thinking of a rig of 6

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: