Pages:
Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 8. (Read 920055 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 4
I am not sure how POT made the #1 spot considering their network is in shambles but at least we got an honorable mention! Smiley

https://blocklr.com/news/cannabis-cryptocurrencies-high-on/amp/

You only post here to promote your coin because you are GRWI Founding Partner. loool
You are jealous because Potcoin is number one. So you spread FUD.
You are Posting here just for honorable mention of grwi.  Roll Eyes

The shame is: you are in a leading position of this "coin"
loll  Grin

Now i know how you got your high activity here. By posting loll  Grin

Stop posting FUD here and stay with your grwi  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
I am simply telling you that you should do some research on what proof of stake is and how it works. There are several different kinds of Proof of Stake algos. Some of the PoS algos don't need a wallet to remain open to stake (NEO for example). POT wasn't designed to operate like that. Pretty simple and to the point.

Anything else posted here doesn't concern me

Yes i have done some research on potcoin and it is PoSV

https://golden.com/wiki/Proof-of-stake_velocity_(PoSV)/

It is the code of BTC,LTC,RDD and a working decentralized cryptocurrency.

So you actually referring to a "problem" with the idea behind PoSV

Maybe you discuss this in the RDD thread that has not been touched since 2014  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9830380
legendary
I am simply telling you that you should do some research on what proof of stake is and how it works. There are several different kinds of Proof of Stake algos. Some of the PoS algos don't need a wallet to remain open to stake (NEO for example). POT wasn't designed to operate like that. Pretty simple and to the point.

Anything else posted here doesn't concern me
So its good that i do not lead anyone  Grin

I tried to help the community, not the programmers and i tried to explain it to you as far as i understand it.
You are just spreading FUD and are talking if you have a professor in blockchain and know how to solve problems, so i told you: sure, send some code and i hand it to them. Somehow you are not able to use telegram... Undecided

You post private stuff i have written to you to explain it to you, while drinking and playing battlefield with friends on my free day.
Now anyone knows how poor i am  Cheesy And we lost the round  Lips sealed
Yes i am here from the beginning and have helped a lot and mined my first coins.
I only have 10k and you?

Private massage thedreamer:
"So unless you put a half a mil of potcoin or more into a wallet, and let it sit there 'minting' for a few months and see how you are getting mere fractions vs what you are supposed to daily, please don't try to explain it to me."

So i asked you:
What have you done??? It is a community coin, no premine no ico...
So if you have been a whale and and have studied blockchain Roll Eyes, where is your contribution to the blockchain  Huh
Seems like you just flipping coins...

The chain works fine and a lot of people are able to earn the ~5% by staking.  Wink
There also is no problem with staking: as you can see every 40sec. a block is found, for 5years without any problems. But you expect problems in future... Huh Iam very sure that if it comes to the point someone will fix it.

We have a great community but 99% of them are not on bitcointalk, they use telegram, and now i know why.

Maybe potcoin has not the best code but its rock solid and works fine, nearly free tx, a lot of support...
Its more than you can expect for a coin with this market cap!

You can go on with your bought Merit here but please stop spamming this thread with hate.

If you do i maybe give you a negative trust because you have published private information.  Tongue

I am just a potcoin USER and try to help. Its work where you get no money just hate.
Not even 1potcoin donation over years even if people like you have a million coins  Roll Eyes
I personally have donated some potcoin for different projects. It is not much money but compared to my coins it is.

And you? Let me guess: "I've asked the devs directly for months with zero help." -thedreamer Roll Eyes

legendary
Hi, thanks for posting private stuff in here.

Go big or go home?

Go home!

And by the way learning about crypto and mining with a slow machine does not bring much pot, even in the beginning.  Wink
It is a decentralised coin with no premine and it works fine.

And as i told you:
"Its for security reason mainly, as far as i understand it.
If you stake you have a open client that is connected. If everybody stakes 24/7 with open wallets, that would lead to the problem that this networks whole money is open to an attack all the time."
-find a solution for this problem and send me some code please, then well talk. And by the way i will not publish private stuff like you do!

And also as others told you:
"How could you possibly be losing out on this?
Just don't open the wallet too often to unlock and stake.  I believe if you're locked the node still runs and you can unlock every 2 weeks and bank."

So if you are "not earning" enough and just hating and are not able to do it right, please go and do not spam this thread.
Also if you have a million coins and doing nothing for the project that makes many people angry.
So i wrote you: send me some and i will put more work in it  Wink

Go to some premined projects with a well paid team or invest in some ico.
A decentralized currency is not the right thing for you.

Trying to read this nonsense makes my head hurt lol Do some research of standard proof of stake architectures then come back and re-read what you are posting here... its like the blind leading the blind for anyone that follows your comments.
Hi, thanks for posting private stuff in here.

Go big or go home?

Go home!

And by the way learning about crypto and mining with a slow machine does not bring much pot, even in the beginning.  Wink
It is a decentralised coin with no premine and it works fine.

And as i told you:
"Its for security reason mainly, as far as i understand it.
If you stake you have a open client that is connected. If everybody stakes 24/7 with open wallets, that would lead to the problem that this networks whole money is open to an attack all the time."
-find a solution for this problem and send me some code please, then well talk. And by the way i will not publish private stuff like you do!

And also as others told you:
"How could you possibly be losing out on this?
Just don't open the wallet too often to unlock and stake.  I believe if you're locked the node still runs and you can unlock every 2 weeks and bank."

So if you are "not earning" enough and just hating and are not able to do it right, please go and do not spam this thread.
Also if you have a million coins and doing nothing for the project that makes many people angry.
So i wrote you: send me some and i will put more work in it  Wink

Go to some premined projects with a well paid team or invest in some ico.
A decentralized currency is not the right thing for you.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
bro what... the point of a PoS model is to keep your wallet open to essentially "support" the network, to describe it as basic as I can lol What kind of nonsense do we have going on here  Roll Eyes

That's exactly what I told him, but he seems to be clueless.
legendary
bro what... the point of a PoS model is to keep your wallet open to essentially "support" the network, to describe it as basic as I can lol What kind of nonsense do we have going on here  Roll Eyes
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
I beg people please stop pretending you know what you are talking about and boasting about experiences you just don't have.

Got these PM's from a 'Person who has been involved with potcoin since nearly the beginning.'' ( Cheesy   )
------------------------------------
:::::
Sorry but i have to explain it to you.

Its not good for the network if the majority of its coins are in hot wallets permanently staking 24/7.

If you have 1mio coins, which is very much for one person i think, its too much for one qt walet and also too much for one address. If you also stake 24/7 it is possible to attack and to steal the whole 1mio coins.

If someone finds a bug in the client he can attack all clients and maybe steal all coins.
To ensure the network it has to be decentralized. Decentralized means also partially offline.  Wink

Its the same with Exchanges, they only keep 5-10% in hot wallets. For security reasons!

I hope you now understand

Another PM from same person right after......
-------------------------------
:::::
By the way: i have been involved in potcoin nearly since the beginning.
I mined a few thousand and staked a lot. But i have like 10K yet.
I always help users and even on telegram.
What are you doing if you have 1mio coins?
So you are a whale!
It is a decentralized community coin with no premine.
What do you think the admins earn? -Its nothing, just hate from "investors" who are not making enough money or the staking reward is "to low" because they have not found out how it should be done.
So please leave the coin if you hate it so much.
But can also send me some tips and i will answer you every question.
But i prefer telegram.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Makes no sense, but ... umm.. yeah keep going......
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Is this coin still alive? Huh I see that trade is almost down to zero Roll Eyes

I miss the Potwhale. That guy was a laugh.
Why would they be worried? They are not the ones losing out on it. :SMH:
How could you possibly be losing out on this?
Just don't open the wallet too often to unlock and stake.  I believe if you're locked the node still runs and you can unlock every 2 weeks and bank.  

Although I believe running the wallet should be encouraged along with you, this works, it's always worked.  I believe the issue will be resolved eventually.  

Correct!

But it is not an issue.

It is for security reasons!

Just imagine an exchange with hot wallets...
Is it wise to have 90% of all coins in hot open wallets?

If you stake you have a open client that is connected. If everybody stakes 24/7 with open wallets, that would lead to the problem that this networks whole money is open to an attack all the time.

Sure there is no bug in the client or an attack that is known, but who knows the future. Maybe someday someone finds a real bug  Wink
Activity: 157
Merit: 102
How could you possibly be losing out on this?
Just don't open the wallet too often to unlock and stake.  I believe if you're locked the node still runs and you can unlock every 2 weeks and bank.  

Although I believe running the wallet should be encouraged along with you, this works, it's always worked.  I believe the issue will be resolved eventually.  
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thank you guys for clearing that up.  I think this a perfect time for a hard fork/coin swap and chain upgrade.  I will push for this.  

Explain why that would be of any use at all...  Cheesy
...how wouldn't be? There's an apparent bug that needs to be fixed

It wouldnt be lol Just another money grab if that happens
there's been forks/coin swaps that have taken place that weren't in fact "money grabs"

However I think they're just going to stay on the same decentralized chain and fix the client.  I spoke to them and they're not worried at all about this!

The floor has not been broken yet, long term support still exists.  TA wise potcoin is a sleeping giant Smiley

Thank you guys for clearing that up.  I think this a perfect time for a hard fork/coin swap and chain upgrade.  I will push for this.  

Explain why that would be of any use at all...  Cheesy
...how wouldn't be? There's an apparent bug that needs to be fixed

there's been forks/coin swaps that have taken place that weren't in fact "money grabs"

However I think they're just going to stay on the same decentralized chain and fix the client.  I spoke to them and they're not worried at all about this!

The floor has not been broken yet, long term support still exists.  TA wise potcoin is a sleeping giant Smiley
legendary
Thank you guys for clearing that up.  I think this a perfect time for a hard fork/coin swap and chain upgrade.  I will push for this. 

Explain why that would be of any use at all...  Cheesy

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Thank you guys for clearing that up.  I think this a perfect time for a hard fork/coin swap and chain upgrade.  I will push for this. 

Explain why that would be of any use at all...  Cheesy
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Actually there is no need to run it 24/7 with big amounts...
If you do extra work that is not necessary you will not get extra money, in fact you get less here.

And that is what I was saying.

It is 'supposed' to equate about 5% yearly mint rates.

If you keep a wallet open constantly it will not even come close to that.

If this is on purpose, then the devs are shooting themselves in the foot as nobody will keep the network
active constantly but just sporadically to unlock for minting then close it again.

So, considering it is not behaving how it should, me and others have chalked it down as a bug.

The dev's don't seem to take credit for it , nor explain it since I have brought it up to them 4 times now over the past year.

"Shrug" don't really care though. I'm not actively trading this turkey since the last pump. It's on a dead spiral from what I've seen.

Good luck to ya'll.

Pages:
Jump to: