Pages:
Author

Topic: [POV] War in Ukraine - page 2. (Read 2650 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1363
June 09, 2022, 07:10:58 PM
Let's not forget Russia did not send Kamikaze passenger planes into these buildings, but rockets, which cause a totally different type of destruction.
The nature of the destruction from Russian sea- and air-launched missiles used in Ukraine is fairly well known. Most likely, the photographs show traces of destruction from downed Russian missiles, for which we must thank the Ukrainian missile defense system.

Deny, give fake info, repeat all common places about the RF capabilities... RF does not have enough precision weapons to wage this war, nor they care much about the civilian damages. You are bot repeating official propaganda over and over despite massive evidence of how the Psychos that direct the RF army specifically using tactics that destroy cities without any sense. Seen in Aleppo, seen in Mariupol and seen anywhere the orcs set foot.

Even the most stupid of Adolf Putin's orc followers knows that the RF army is just a cheese grinder that can't tell their own mouth from their ass when shelling.

We'd really like you to go back to Russia so you can find more info to feed us. Grin

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1834
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
June 09, 2022, 07:08:23 PM
If said building is in fact non-military, maybe the precision weapons were slightly diverted by Ukrainian EW.

Russia don't have any "precision weapons" if we are using the same sense as for western weapons. Even russian cruise missiles are pretty bad, and have accuracy like 20-50 (or even more) meters.

Civilized and responsible countries don't put weapons factories, ammo transit depots, etc, in the middle of large cities so as to avoid situations like this.  IOW, they don't use human shields.

Really? Sooooo
What you would tell about semi-military factory called Ao "Mashinostroitel'nyy Zavod "Armalit" which located in the center of Saint Petersburg? It produces also guides for rocket launchers like "Grad" or "Hurricane". Or "Leningradskiy Severnyy Zavod" which produces rockets and missiles (and it's also located in the city. You can check it here - http://lensevzavod.ru/
Here it news from 2018, and you can see that this factory is very close to buildings -https://www.dp.ru/a/2018/11/17/Dim_ot_pozhara_na_Severnom

So, stop your bullshit, or you will get to my ignore list as fast as your silly friend.

BTW, why don't you just post a street-view link of the building rather than diddle around with some 'bet' (on nothing of any significance.)

Because of you are poor silly bots and you should be punished for nonsense you're pushing here. You can find this building by yourself with ease. The reason why you don't do this is pretty clear - you need to shitpost to be paid. And i don't want to play with you in such games.

If you're really want to know the truth and has doubts about me, you can bet on it with your own money. If you don't want - find it by yourself.

You probably are not sophisticated enough to even know that metadata tags in photos files are trivially manipulated most of the time.

Metadata has nothing to do with this case. It's easy to verify is this building on location which I'll provide or not (trough Google photo for example)
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
June 09, 2022, 05:21:14 PM
Let's not forget Russia did not send Kamikaze passenger planes into these buildings, but rockets, which cause a totally different type of destruction.
The nature of the destruction from Russian sea- and air-launched missiles used in Ukraine is fairly well known. Most likely, the photographs show traces of destruction from downed Russian missiles, for which we must thank the Ukrainian missile defense system.

Deny, give fake info, repeat all common places about the RF capabilities... RF does not have enough precision weapons to wage this war, nor they care much about the civilian damages. You are bot repeating official propaganda over and over despite massive evidence of how the Psychos that direct the RF army specifically using tactics that destroy cities without any sense. Seen in Aleppo, seen in Mariupol and seen anywhere the orcs set foot.

Even the most stupid of Adolf Putin's orc followers knows that the RF army is just a cheese grinder that can't tell their own mouth from their ass when shelling.
legendary
Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276
June 09, 2022, 05:02:34 PM
Oh, stop being so silly! Even if the buildings in the pictures are Ukraine buildings, we don't know for a fact that they weren't hit by friendly fire

I heard this explosions and i know for sure that it's not a "friednly fire". Ukraine doesn't have cruise missile and there is any artillery in the city. So yeah, because this building is close to semi-military factory and russians are pretty bad shooters, we have civilian building hit by russian missile.

If said building is in fact non-military, maybe the precision weapons were slightly diverted by Ukrainian EW.

Civilized and responsible countries don't put weapons factories, ammo transit depots, etc, in the middle of large cities so as to avoid situations like this.  IOW, they don't use human shields.

BTW, why don't you just post a street-view link of the building rather than diddle around with some 'bet' (on nothing of any significance.)  You probably are not sophisticated enough to even know that metadata tags in photos files are trivially manipulated most of the time.  Beyond that, nobody is particularly surprised that a handful of buildings in Kiev did get some damage, and yes, probably even some ones which were collateral damage.

Before sending this note, I wanted to see if streetview actually worked in Kiev and picked a totally random spot on a totally random street.  It does.  Imagery from 2015 and, I shit you not, there is a swastika painted on a shed!  @50.4661427,30.4881492

legendary
June 09, 2022, 04:16:16 PM
Oh, stop being so silly! Even if the buildings in the pictures are Ukraine buildings, we don't know for a fact that they weren't hit by friendly fire

I heard this explosions and i know for sure that it's not a "friednly fire". Ukraine doesn't have cruise missile and there is any artillery in the city. So yeah, because this building is close to semi-military factory and russians are pretty bad shooters, we have civilian building hit by russian missile.

But yeah, after few your posts i see that you're very bad (in terms of perfomance) kremlin troll. Welcome to my ignore list.

P.S:
Yeah guys, I know about telling my POV. But there is a lot of text and some photos need to be blured, so not so fast as I or you would want, ha ha
legendary
June 09, 2022, 02:50:31 PM
If we could only believe that the pictures are Ukrainian buildings, how many buildings there are, who took the pictures and why,

We can play a game: I will send 0.05 btc to escrow on this forum and you will do the same. Then, i will go to locations of first building (located in Kyiv, near subway) and will make a photo of this building with a geolocation. If i will do this, I'll take all funds, if there is no such building - you will take all bank.
Sounds good, isn't it?

The problem for you, that I'm located in Kyiv and i have a far better understanding what hit building in my city than a silly bot like you.

Oh, stop being so silly! Even if the buildings in the pictures are Ukraine buildings, we don't know for a fact that they weren't hit by friendly fire, or that a faction of the Ukraine - or one of the independent nations inside the Ukraine - did it.

Besides that, you can point to a damaged Ukrainian building that Russia truly damaged. But if you don't show all the damage the Ukraine has been trying to do to Russia, you don't really have a case.

Just because Russia is better at its fighting job, doesn't mean that it didn't put up with loads of grief from Ukraine for years. Things like this would simply be a little slap for all those years of messing with Russia.

Stop trying to say this or that about this whole Russian police action without showing the whole story all around, silly. Since Putin filed on #51 of the UN Charter, and the UN Security Counsel hasn't admonished Russia for it, Russia is perfectly legal in what it is doing.

There is, however, one big thing the pictures tell us. They tell us the the 9/11 Twin Towers came down by demolition. Otherwise, these Ukrainian(?) buildings would have fallen long ago.
Excuse my language, but; your ignorance truly surpasses all my expectations...
I think it's obvious for anyone else, but the way a building is built makes a huge difference on how it 'reacts' when hit by a plane. The Twin Towers were mostly held by steel which fails totally differently than pure concrete. Which is how these Soviet-era buildings are made (you probably know better than me how these buildings are made - but I'm certain they're not held by essentially a 'steel core').

Also: Your off-topic tangents are getting completely out of control dude.
This is still a 'point of view' from Ukrainian people; no more, no less. Let's leave it like that.

And another silly one. You haven't looked at the pictures of the Twin Towers collapsing, have you. You can literally see the demolition in the videos of the collapses. No demolition in some Ukrainian building doesn't mean that it won't collapse. It only means that it won't collapse by demolition.

Cool
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 900
White Russian
June 09, 2022, 01:38:19 PM
Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
June 09, 2022, 01:22:29 PM
There is, however, one big thing the pictures tell us. They tell us the the 9/11 Twin Towers came down by demolition. Otherwise, these Ukrainian(?) buildings would have fallen long ago.
Excuse my language, but; your ignorance truly surpasses all my expectations...
I think it's obvious for anyone else, but the way a building is built makes a huge difference on how it 'reacts' when hit by a plane. The Twin Towers were mostly held by steel which fails totally differently than pure concrete. Which is how these Soviet-era buildings are made (you probably know better than me how these buildings are made - but I'm certain they're not held by essentially a 'steel core').

Also: Your off-topic tangents are getting completely out of control dude.
This is still a 'point of view' from Ukrainian people; no more, no less. Let's leave it like that.

If we could only believe that the pictures are Ukrainian buildings, how many buildings there are, who took the pictures and why,

We can play a game: I will send 0.05 btc to escrow on this forum and you will do the same. Then, i will go to locations of first building (located in Kyiv, near subway) and will make a photo of this building with a geolocation. If i will do this, I'll take all funds, if there is no such building - you will take all bank.
Sounds good, isn't it?

The problem for you, that I'm located in Kyiv and i have a far better understanding what hit building in my city than a silly bot like you.
I love this idea! Let's make it happen (as long as it's safe to do). First-person reports from the area are what this whole thread was originally made for.
legendary
June 09, 2022, 12:12:19 PM

Sounds good, isn't it?

legendary
June 09, 2022, 10:02:17 AM
Best I can tell, Russia fires pretty specifically and accurately

True, true

Russians tried to hit semi-military factory in Kyiv twice (!), first at 15th of March and second time at 28 of April. Both times they hit with pretty bad accuracy. This building was hit by russian missile insted of its main target at April.

So russian accuracy is pretty bad, i would even call it "awful". There a lot of targets that was hit 1-2-3 times in the past with a lot of rockets or missiles and they still function pretty good. For example, today news: "Pociйcький aгpecop aтaкyвaв paкeтaми Hoвoгpaд-Boлинcький нa Житoмиpщинi — пoвiдoмив гoлoвa Житoмиpcькoї OBA Biтaлiй Бyнeчкo. Зa йoгo cлoвaми, в нiч нa 9 чepвня pociйcькa paкeтa влyчилa в бaгaтoпoвepxiвкy:"Iнфopмaцiї пpo пocтpaждaлиx нeмaє, нa мicцi пpaцюють пpaвooxopoнцi""

Translating: Trying to hit some target, russians hit civilian building.

Image is highly blured, for obvious reasons (don't want to boost russian accuracy)

So, you can tell your coolstories to someone else.

If we could only believe that the pictures are Ukrainian buildings, how many buildings there are, who took the pictures and why, and loads of other things about the whole war. Since much of the Russian point of view is being cencored by the media, this doesn't really tell us anything... even if it is a true Ukrainian building.

Cool
legendary
June 09, 2022, 09:13:25 AM
Best I can tell, Russia fires pretty specifically and accurately

True, true

Russians tried to hit semi-military factory in Kyiv twice (!), first at 15th of March and second time at 28 of April. Both times they hit with pretty bad accuracy. This building was hit by russian missile insted of its main target at April.

So russian accuracy is pretty bad, i would even call it "awful". There a lot of targets that was hit 1-2-3 times in the past with a lot of rockets or missiles and they still function pretty good. For example, today news: "Pociйcький aгpecop aтaкyвaв paкeтaми Hoвoгpaд-Boлинcький нa Житoмиpщинi — пoвiдoмив гoлoвa Житoмиpcькoї OBA Biтaлiй Бyнeчкo. Зa йoгo cлoвaми, в нiч нa 9 чepвня pociйcькa paкeтa влyчилa в бaгaтoпoвepxiвкy:"Iнфopмaцiї пpo пocтpaждaлиx нeмaє, нa мicцi пpaцюють пpaвooxopoнцi""

Translating: Trying to hit some target, russians hit civilian building.

Image is highly blured, for obvious reasons (don't want to boost russian accuracy)

So, you can tell your coolstories to someone else.
legendary
June 09, 2022, 06:11:35 AM
What's true and what's not?

Best I can tell, Russia fires pretty specifically and accurately at targets which are, with high probability, involved in military and military logistics operations.  People living in Kiev seem fairly comfortable living in Kiev as long as they are not near military targets, and high profile Western politicians are comfortable strolling around the streets.  The more the citizenry of Kiev are used as human shields for logistics operations, the more danger they will be in, but one can hardly blame Russia for that.

Conversely, the Ukrainians seem happy to shell civilian targets specifically on their last trip out of one of the formerly Ukrainian areas.  Maybe it is just that the military targets are just to hard to reach and the ammunition is in the use-em-or-lose-em category so they exercise their characteristic vindictiveness against the civilian populations.  That contention is bolstered by the testimonies of the countless Ukrainian POWs and deserters.

The tactics of the Ukraine forces is echoed also by the civilians who actually do have a current 'POV' and have not bailed to Poland or whatever.

There is an inherent justice in this situation (unlike most of the operations engaged in by the West) in that the responsible side has the ability to target anywhere in the 'enemy' country at will, whereas the Jewkrainians are only allowed a limited range and a few shots from the titanium framed Western weapons before they break and have to be abandoned.  God is Great?

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
It's underdogs who win in the end
June 09, 2022, 05:20:54 AM
OP, @icopress, brother, you are in Mykolaiv now, right? Can you update on the situation in the city? On twitter I see reports of long food lines

and heavy rocket strikes.

What's true and what's not?

It's much calmer here in Kyiv since recently, compared to the first 2 months of the war. We were attacked this Sunday by rockets launched from the Caspian Sea,

and our windows did shudder at 6 AM from the explosions because we live in the district that was attacked, but I feel like your situation is much more dire.

Please share with us.
legendary
Do not die for Putin
June 08, 2022, 07:41:40 PM

P.S:
I will use this topic for my POW, since i don't see a reason to create separate one just for me. So tomorrow (or maybe later) i will publish my story here.

Cool! I am really interested. I guess that reading some crap from the usual suspects is the price to pay to have a platform open for uncensored real stories that are really worth our time.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
June 08, 2022, 07:00:55 PM
What russian territories was occupied by ukrainians by 2022? This some kind of a joke, you're going full mad.
I don't really know why you're wasting your time arguing with this troll. It's pointless thing. He is always going against common sense. If you will say that sky is blue, he will tell that's red.

I will use this topic for my POW, since i don't see a reason to create separate one just for me. So tomorrow (or maybe later) i will publish my story here.
It will be interesting to read. Can't wait to see it!
legendary
June 08, 2022, 03:59:04 PM
For the last 8 years or longer Putin has been asking for talks to get the Ukrainians out of Russia, and to stop killing Russians. Neither Ukraine nor the US would talk. Time for talk is past.

What russian territories was occupied by ukrainians by 2022? This some kind of a joke, you're going full mad.

Freedom of speech has been a tenant of this forum since it was part of bitcoin.org.  The manager(s) of the form have done pretty well at maintaining that principle of open dialog relative to most platforms.

No freedom of speech to nazi, sorry. The problem with this forum (as the whole libertarian ideology) is the impossibility to differ "free speech" from "hate speech". For constructive and peacefull society we don't need to afford a voice to those who's trying us to tell that rape/killing/stealing is normal. Or invading another country with a lot of civilian casualities.

Hate speech mostly turns into shit speech and this turns into the total unconstructive.  

P.S:
legendary
June 08, 2022, 12:56:27 PM
@icopress, may I ask you to open a self-moderated thread? Some other lusers have mentioned it and I think that, at this point, it may be the only way to save this thread.
It's hilarious: the name of the thread literally starts with [POV]. For any Russians and tankies: this means [point of view]. It's icopress' point of view. His personal view, in text and pictures of how he and his close ones experience this war. The title also says that he answers questions; so if someone has questions to an eye-witness, they can ask them.

He did educate that cigerettes were good sellers in a war zone.  I mean, who knew?

If they want to come up with conspiracy theories or otherwise discuss international politics, there are enough other threads for that. They can even open a new one where they express all their opinions 'without censorship' (or anyone complaining). We're not complaining because they are a fan of Vladimir Putin, but because it's inappropriate and off-topic in this thread.

@tvbcof and @BADecker, please just make a discussion thread about the issues you have, but not clog up this [POV] thread.
Since you like to bring up the forum's history of free speech; you surely also know that there are unoffical official rules, such as:

Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads.
2. No off-topic posts.

You forgot to include ~paxmao who's comment had little or nothing to do with Ukraine and got this branch going.  I guess maybe a generalize tip about when running a grift, make sure that you have monopoly control of the narrative.

As for the relevance of posts, not everyone has a flexible enough mind to recognize relationships to context.  Or the same interests.  Maybe not even you, chief.

Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
June 08, 2022, 10:30:28 AM
@icopress, may I ask you to open a self-moderated thread? Some other lusers have mentioned it and I think that, at this point, it may be the only way to save this thread.

Hey, that's right.  We're gonna getcha if you don't censor.  Look out!  Better make yourself a nice safe-space nest.  Don't be embarrassed; all the kids are doing it these days.  It's the new way to cope.

https://youtu.be/onoaKEEyNEI?t=54

You have many threads to express your views or you can open your own, yet a few here prefer to throw completely off-topic half-baked "views" here to annihilate any on-topic conversation.

It's hilarious: the name of the thread literally starts with [POV]. For any Russians and tankies: this means [point of view]. It's icopress' point of view. His personal view, in text and pictures of how he and his close ones experience this war. The title also says that he answers questions; so if someone has questions to an eye-witness, they can ask them.

If they want to come up with conspiracy theories or otherwise discuss international politics, there are enough other threads for that. They can even open a new one where they express all their opinions 'without censorship' (or anyone complaining). We're not complaining because they are a fan of Vladimir Putin, but because it's inappropriate and off-topic in this thread.

@tvbcof and @BADecker, please just make a discussion thread about the issues you have, but not clog up this [POV] thread.
Since you like to bring up the forum's history of free speech; you surely also know that there are unoffical official rules, such as:

Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads.
2. No off-topic posts.
legendary
June 08, 2022, 10:05:35 AM

Hey, that's right.  We're gonna getcha if you don't censor.  Look out!  Better make yourself a nice safe-space nest.  Don't be embarrassed; all the kids are doing it these days.  It's the new way to cope.

You have many threads to express your views or you can open your own, yet a few here prefer to throw completely off-topic half-baked "views" here to annihilate any on-topic conversation.

Freedom of speech has been a tenant of this forum since it was part of bitcoin.org.  The manager(s) of the form have done pretty well at maintaining that principle of open dialog relative to most platforms.

If you are dedicated to censorship as a standard method to overcome the deficiencies inherent in spamming ridiculous and already-proven-false info, you are hardly alone in the world of 2022.  You could use any of the big corporate platforms since your messaging doesn't conflict with what they want circulated.  I would say that you could even start your own, but it's not likely true as it requires some degree of technical savvy.

The main issue that I have is that you want to both leach off the work of others here AND change the platform to be Twitter-lite or something.

legendary
Do not die for Putin
June 08, 2022, 04:57:25 AM

Hey, that's right.  We're gonna getcha if you don't censor.  Look out!  Better make yourself a nice safe-space nest.  Don't be embarrassed; all the kids are doing it these days.  It's the new way to cope.

Pages:
Jump to: