Pages:
Author

Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues.... - page 3. (Read 94916 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Why the price is steadily falling?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Someone is cheating on votes curecoin in coinwarz ..
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I'm going to guess some part of this is not open source. Am I right?

Anyway, great project, wish it all the best.

It is open source but not decentralized. Coin issuance is centralized.

You cannot solo fold or make your own folding pool.

But I love it and fold with or without curecoin
Activity: 64
I'm going to guess some part of this is not open source. Am I right?

Anyway, great project, wish it all the best.
legendary
The one issue is that curecoin will always be centralized. Even if we get fah to sign points so our wallet gets its own coins vs coins being distributed by the developers, we hit it being centralized by fah who can issue coins to anyone at anytime by typing in points.

Sadly nothing can replace pow in Bitcoin for a universal currency where you have powerful governments at play.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Hi everyone,

I'm a SolarCoin supporter and always looking for other cryptocurrencies that have a positive mission to help the world. There are very few.

I recently heard of CureCoin and am impressed with your idea.

I read a couple of articles on CoinDesk from just a few days ago which mention the concept of CureCoin -- mining for proteins via the Folding@home project -- but which say that this idea has not yet been implemented. These articles do not actually mention CureCoin, so it sounds like they've never heard of it.

Computational power can be used for other things, such as distributed protein folding and searching for patterns in extraterrestrial radio signals. The problem is that computing tasks like these aren’t the same types of task as solving the cryptography problems intrinsic to cryptocurrency production, and no one seems to have worked out a way to marry the two so far. This means curing cancer or AIDS, while also mining digital coins isn’t a reality.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-mining-help-archive-societys-important-data/

Stanford University professor Vijay Pande would like coin miners’ help with his scientific project, Folding@home, which uses donated computing power to help find cures for devastating diseases. He also helps run the Stanford Bitcoin Group, which conducts research into Bitcoin theory and applications.

“There are multiple people emailing me describing the natural synergies between Folding@home and the way Bitcoin works,” he said. ...

Ultimately, as one bright spot on a Reddit thread suggested, someone would develop a crypto currency that could solve scientific problems during the mining process – effectively solving problems for professors while also finding coins. This is much harder than it looks, warns Pande.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/should-you-mine-for-profit-or-proteins/

Based on reading these articles, I must ask, has CureCoin already implemented this great leap forward and CoinDesk just doesn't know about it yet? Or is CureCoin advertising itself as something that it's really not? Do people really get mining rewards of CureCoins while using their computing power for Folding@home?

I look forward to replies from the CureCoin community. Thank you!  Smiley

Ello,

The bigger curecoin thread is here (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-curecoin-20-is-live-mandatory-update-is-available-now-dec-2018-603757).

I know a few people including myself have emailed coindesk (I'm not a dev) the last few weeks but to no avail so far.

Thank you. I'll check out the other thread.

It's surprising and somewhat disturbing that coins with a scientific and humanitarian purpose like this one don't get more attention. The pump-and-dumps seem to get most of the trading volume and big market caps. As a fellow supporter of cryptocurrencies with conscience, I wish much success to CureCoin and will probably buy some.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
lol no problem, ill send a new email to the support
Activity: 873
Someone is cheating on votes curecoin in coinwarz ..
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hi everyone,

I'm a SolarCoin supporter and always looking for other cryptocurrencies that have a positive mission to help the world. There are very few.

I read a couple of articles on CoinDesk from just a few days ago which mention the concept of CureCoin -- mining for proteins via the Folding@home project -- but which say that this idea has not yet been implemented. These articles do not actually mention CureCoin, so it sounds like they've never heard of it.

Computational power can be used for other things, such as distributed protein folding and searching for patterns in extraterrestrial radio signals. The problem is that computing tasks like these aren’t the same types of task as solving the cryptography problems intrinsic to cryptocurrency production, and no one seems to have worked out a way to marry the two so far. This means curing cancer or AIDS, while also mining digital coins isn’t a reality.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-mining-help-archive-societys-important-data/

Stanford University professor Vijay Pande would like coin miners’ help with his scientific project, Folding@home, which uses donated computing power to help find cures for devastating diseases. He also helps run the Stanford Bitcoin Group, which conducts research into Bitcoin theory and applications.

“There are multiple people emailing me describing the natural synergies between Folding@home and the way Bitcoin works,” he said. ...

Ultimately, as one bright spot on a Reddit thread suggested, someone would develop a crypto currency that could solve scientific problems during the mining process – effectively solving problems for professors while also finding coins. This is much harder than it looks, warns Pande.

Based on reading these articles, I must ask, has CureCoin already implemented this great leap forward and CoinDesk just doesn't know about it yet? Or is CureCoin advertising itself as something that it's really not? Do people really get mining rewards of CureCoins while using their computing power for Folding@home?

Ello,

The bigger curecoin thread is here (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-curecoin-20-is-live-mandatory-update-is-available-now-dec-2018-603757).

I know a few people including myself have emailed coindesk (I'm not a dev) the last few weeks but to no avail so far.
legendary
Yes I've been folding for coins for a while

Simply set your team and collect your coins
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Hi everyone,

Activity: 226

Any luck on the above?

If you want people to invest in Curecoin this is a must...

please dev. make this one of your priority

thanks,

Activity: 226
Activity: 107
Cookie...Cookie.
Curecoin is up for vote on Coinwarz.com, anny votes go a long way to get this coin going.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting
Activity: 197
I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to [email protected] late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks

Hey defier, looks like you need to sign up at cryptobullionpools.com. Send me a CUR address, and I'll send you a few CUR for your time without payouts. Smiley

Cool,
I signed up on cryptobullionppols during setup, but never joined a team.  Didn't read anywhere that a team was mandatory.  The web control now says, points going to curecoin's team total now.  I suspect it will be a day or so before they start showing on the CBPs dashboard.

So any earnings from folding done on Team 0, are what?  Lost to the chain forever?  Never actually existed?  I like to be at least partially educated when recruiting people to curecoin.
Thanks

BRJX24F7fCqMJuzkmzqHrMhkgkDc4hWaAo

Yup, up to 48 hours (depending on timing) for WUs to be credited on our end. Sent a few CURE Smiley

Those points basically went to an aggregate group, which just isn't counted in our stats collection. Still had scientific benefit though, of course!

Very cool Thanks again!  Points are now being reported to cryptobullionpools.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Was wondering if anybody knew of any P2Pool or P2Pool networks.* files that were floating around? Would be interested in creating a P2Pool node for it since the diff is so high. Plus the returns are better than pools.
Regards,
Matt
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to [email protected] late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks

Hey defier, looks like you need to sign up at cryptobullionpools.com. Send me a CUR address, and I'll send you a few CUR for your time without payouts. Smiley

Cool,
I signed up on cryptobullionppols during setup, but never joined a team.  Didn't read anywhere that a team was mandatory.  The web control now says, points going to curecoin's team total now.  I suspect it will be a day or so before they start showing on the CBPs dashboard.

So any earnings from folding done on Team 0, are what?  Lost to the chain forever?  Never actually existed?  I like to be at least partially educated when recruiting people to curecoin.
Thanks

Yup, up to 48 hours (depending on timing) for WUs to be credited on our end. Sent a few CURE Smiley

Those points basically went to an aggregate group, which just isn't counted in our stats collection. Still had scientific benefit though, of course!
Activity: 197
Thanks

Cool,

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Thanks

Activity: 158
I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to [email protected] late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks

you need to be in the cure coin team to get paid on the pool

from getting started on the pool here https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/gettingstarted
Pages:
Jump to: