Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform - page 114. (Read 127650 times)

YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
When should I send the translation for the thread? after the ICO starts or after it?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
One questions: Can you give us more details on how and where will the registration for betas?

I think that up to 10% via PoW be logical. No more, please.

If 70% goes to ICO and 30% to PoW where do the bounties come from?

As we said, in the distribution 0% will go for us as background/premine/developer funds/bounty funds, we believe it would be unfair. All payments will be supported by us from what we gather at ICO.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
One questions: Can you give us more details on how and where will the registration for betas?

I think that up to 10% via PoW be logical. No more, please.

Sure but all information is available in this thread. They will be announced on our website, in Medium and here. About when, still we can not give you an exact date. We estimate that the first beta will be available two weeks after we finish distributing of the ICO.

• Beta Rules

-   They will be open to all users. There will be no restrictions and anyone who fills the form (bear in mind there is a maximum capacity) will be able to participate. They will be open in order to show more transparency but, we hope that all participants follow our guidelines so as to insurance the Beta’s success. While each Beta version will have the goal of finding bugs in the code and trying out the new features, it may also have a specific objective. For example, to make a hack or stress test.  

-   Each Beta version will have a documented version of their Github’s results so that those users who could not participate, can access them.  

-   As we said throughout the thread, the idea is to launch a basic platform shortly after the ICO ends to start the distribution and, at the same time, try out the first Beta versions of our new platform. Once we have our first stable version we will transfer everyone to it on a pre-set date so as everybody is on the loop and no one is taken by surprise. The mining will continue on the new platform taking into consideration the stage found under the rules set it in here. We estimate that we will have the first public Beta two weeks after we finish distributing the ICO and the first steady version two months after the ICO. It may seem like a lot of time at first, but in order to achieve a solid and steady development it is truly a short one. Fortunately, we have been working on this project for months now and our expectations are high.  

-   They will be announced on our website, in Medium and on this thread along with all the information required on how to participate.

How much are you people looking to raise ?

Good question, PR could u tell us how many btcs is your target? If the target is not met, will the project launch?

Steveds & Altcoinrich, to be honest we do not have a specified amount but we believe that, at least, 700 BTC would need to put together. From then on, all collected serve to optimize, accelerate, hire more people, marketing, legal costs, go to more events and create a division that works as an incubator  (as we said in our thread: "When we have enough founds, we would like to use some of them to create a division that will work as an incubator to relevant projects (can be IoT related works, DAO, Dapps, frameworks and so on) in the ecosystem we aim to create in Opair.")

It looks like an interesting project you have here. What experience do you have in coding smart contracts?

Both Frank and Hao, have not worked in previous projects that include the application of smart contracts but both have the necessary knowledge (they have knowledge of functional programming and OCaml as well) and years of experience in leading companies. Even Hao, is currently working as a blockchain developer at IBM.

what is the algo used? you have not specified it in the op

Amph, the PoW phase was stipulated to occupy 30% of the distribution during the period of 1 year but many people have complained that 30% via PoW may be manipulated by whales so I will talk with Frank and Hao to reach a consensus on the new distribution. I imagine that we will modify the percentages, maybe 90-10 or 85-15 (instead of 70-30), and perhaps its duration. Our idea is to settle the matter on the weekend, so before the ICO the rules will be clear and defined for all. About the algo, we think on X13 (or a modification of it) as is known and stable for everyone, because we do not want to revolutionize this aspect, but serves us as a safe & fast distribution method. During the weekend, we will update this with the final information about the PoW distribution.
Activity: 416
nice.. you should also invest into declouds
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Winalunt, will be a signature campaign where everyone will be able to participate. More details will be announce in 24-48 hs.

Regards

Thanks for this opportunity! I joined the campaign. And also the attention of this coin was due to a signature of one of the users.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
My prediction is around 1000-2000 btc collected  Grin

I hope not this looks super shady and that will be massive knock back.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
what is the algo used? you have not specified it in the op
Activity: 406
www.cryptocompare.com
Portuguese translation reserved  Cool
Activity: 332
I will keep an eye on this coin  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
My prediction is around 1000-2000 btc collected  Grin
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
It looks like an interesting project you have here. What experience do you have in coding smart contracts?
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

Good question, PR could u tell us how many btcs is your target? If the target is not met, will the project launch?
Activity: 532
Opair ICO will commence on July 26, 2016 (GMT-4/EDT) and end on August 26, 2016 (GMT-4/EDT)

1 month passable long enough
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
nice to see more projects from my good old germany Smiley
looks very interesting.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Due to the usual delays and problems that happen on the launch and for security reasons, we decided to make the distribution of the coins manually. When the process is completed we will perform the distribution in the first 24-48 hours. The process will be carried out both on the web and in a spreadsheet for internal use to avoid any problems and ensure a stable and fair release for everyone.

It's OK provided that all participants will receive their stakes BEFORE the coin hits exchange(s).
Also, what if there will be hundreds, or thousands of participants? Are you really going to manually process all those transfers?
It's your choice - I'm just curious Smiley

Tomkat, yes all participants that give us his XPO address when requested by us. In our platform, there is an option to add your generated XPO address.
The scenario is as follows:

A) Finish the ICO.
B) During the first two or three days, you will be able to download a basic version of the client to generate your XPO address.
C) As it is said in that text, the distribution will be made within 24-48 hours.
D) Opair will reach exchanges.

The whole process will be automatic and take place on our website but once completed, the "C" point will be performed manually in a period no longer than 48 hours. As an exception, if they were to participate more than 2000 users, probably the term would be extended beyond 48 hours. We believe that is the only way to ensure a stable, fair and safe for all launch. As we have seen all the latest ICO had problems at launch.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Due to the usual delays and problems that happen on the launch and for security reasons, we decided to make the distribution of the coins manually. When the process is completed we will perform the distribution in the first 24-48 hours. The process will be carried out both on the web and in a spreadsheet for internal use to avoid any problems and ensure a stable and fair release for everyone.

It's OK provided that all participants will receive their stakes BEFORE the coin hits exchange(s).
Also, what if there will be hundreds, or thousands of participants? Are you really going to manually process all those transfers?
It's your choice - I'm just curious Smiley
Jump to: