Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 23. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why do these kiddy's waste their time fighting against a coin that will not die?  All this seems to be doing is making the community stronger and even more determined.  All I have to say to these angry misguided fools is that you are fighting a losing battle.

Community is not going to falter and has faith in its new devs.  Take note kiddy's, we shall not be moved.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
WHITE coin Community is like an ARMY it  "work as one " thanks guys for not letting this thing go Great Job to EVERYBODY  Grin
Activity: 182
Hello everyone, here are the latest updates from the WhiteCoin Team.

Last night at approximately 04:00 EST, a coordinated attack against WhiteCoin’s blockchain occurred. First, chunkypools was targeted by a DDOS attack, followed by a timewarp attack Major exchanges were targeted for the disbursement of these new coins. This resulted in the trading of double spent currency.

The WhiteCoin Foundation Project and the community have risen to this challenge once again. We will not be rolling back the blockchain, because we believe that legitimate trades carried out overnight cannot be unfairly penalized. The MintPal team, in an extraordinary gesture of good faith and commitment to WhiteCoin, will absorb these initial losses. The WhiteCoin Foundation Project pledges to compensate MintPal over the long term for this loss.

Our dev team has expanded to include even more qualified volunteers as well as paid staff who are intimately familiar with the code.  Tests are continuing and are going extremely well as per our previous update.

Despite this instance of fraud, the WhiteCoin team remains committed to a community-driven, public and universally exchangeable currency.  We will update you once again on our progress by midnight tonight EST.

We continue to discourage wallet use at this time until our update is provided.  It’s taken us some time to develop a full understanding of what happened, as well as develop a solution – therefore, we’re committing to a schedule of regular updates, in order to continue our tradition of transparency and community engagement – after all, you guys have driven this entire project.

With thanks,

Chris Salsman

(mogonzo)

Notes:

We have confirmed the address of the attacker:

http://blockchain.info/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU
http://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Mintpal is exchanging again. WC has resumed, looks like about 45-60 minutes ago.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Hai!
the next blackcoin lol

what a pos

this is what happens when you have unskilled people behind a coin

still worth more right now than what I paid for BC
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Mintpal will re-enabling the WC/BTC market for trading in 20 minutes.
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Roll back the blockchain
+1

why not to relaunch WC?!  Grin
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Mining since early 2013
If you cannot see that this for 99% SCAM now, then you should not to trade cryptos anymore.

The original dev was the scammer. Not the new ppl + community trying to salvage this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Roll back the blockchain
+1
legendary
Activity: 1260
Lol, every time I log on to the IRC, nothing is being talked about. Probably just my luck.

Because there's 4 different WC channels
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Now on day 4 or 5 since new dev team officially took over.... what else needs to be tested? 2 day stake time, then confirm time? should be done by now. Roll back the blockchain, and release the wallet, for the love of white...

Double spend occurred since network wasn't at full capacity, staking to protect itself. Another reason why 12 hour staking is better than 2 day, but that ship has sailed. I've been watching the WC hashpower dwindle through my wallet console until yesterday. Chunky I've never trusted since old devs were very involved and not fun to navigate the site, and I received DOGE instead of WC through chunky's wc pool, which I withdrew and have since traded. I do have 250 WC sitting at chunky from when it was working right. I gave my hashes to the WC network through solo-mining WC until yesterday. Found one block for 3 days solo-mining. No big deal, was doing my part. Figures the attack happens when I stopped mining.

Dev's... plz.... release the wallet if it's working properly. Do the rollback, and let's get this thing moving!

If you head over to #whitecoinfoundation, it will help you keep sanity.  TONS of talk going on right now.  First time i've seen the FUDDERS gone.  Mintpal Jason is helping too pinpoint the issues.

Lol, every time I log on to the IRC, nothing is being talked about. Probably just my luck.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
After being on IRC for a couple days, it's apparent shit gets done there while people here achieve absolutely nothing useful.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Now on day 4 or 5 since new dev team officially took over.... what else needs to be tested? 2 day stake time, then confirm time? should be done by now. Roll back the blockchain, and release the wallet, for the love of white...

Double spend occurred since network wasn't at full capacity, staking to protect itself. Another reason why 12 hour staking is better than 2 day, but that ship has sailed. I've been watching the WC hashpower dwindle through my wallet console until yesterday. Chunky I've never trusted since old devs were very involved and not fun to navigate the site, and I received DOGE instead of WC through chunky's wc pool, which I withdrew and have since traded. I do have 250 WC sitting at chunky from when it was working right. I gave my hashes to the WC network through solo-mining WC until yesterday. Found one block for 3 days solo-mining. No big deal, was doing my part. Figures the attack happens when I stopped mining.

Dev's... plz.... release the wallet if it's working properly. Do the rollback, and let's get this thing moving!

If you head over to #whitecoinfoundation, it will help you keep sanity.  TONS of talk going on right now.  First time i've seen the FUDDERS gone.  Mintpal Jason is helping too pinpoint the issues.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

Activity: 672
Let's recover from this first  Smiley

Any possibility trading will resume today?
Is there an ETA on the new wallet?

Trading won't resume until we have a new wallet. I'm working on getting a new wallet now. Talking to many dev's and working on expanding the team for a rapidfire but solid solution. I feel it would be unfair to everyone to give an exact timeline but I will say this:

I am not resting until we have solution for the community.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
the next blackcoin lol

what a pos

this is what happens when you have unskilled people behind a coin
Activity: 560
Let's recover from this first  Smiley

Any possibility trading will resume today?
Is there an ETA on the new wallet?

Activity: 126
Pages:
Jump to: