Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 7. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

still no stakes over here  Huh

Works fine for me.

You have to wait a little longer to mine some stake.
This depends on the amount you have in your wallet and also it depends on your luck, same as mining with your CPU or GPU when in POW phase. You can have luck an get a block in an hour or you have to wait a few days ...
Please read also here:
http://whitecoin.info/news/faqs/

Hope this helps.
Banger
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Mining since early 2013

still no stakes over here  Huh
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Don't settle for anything less.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Stake Stake Stake

Stake Stake Stake

Stake your bounty, Yeah!  Stake that bounty Yeah!

Thanks guys, I will definitely stop by IRC and take a look.

You got some free WC with your name on it if i'm in the chat Smiley
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Thanks guys, I will definitely stop by IRC and take a look.
Hi, I’m a relative newcomer to crypto, with just a small stake over last couple of months. Some good moves, some not so good.  Here’s my take on a couple of things, will be interested in what you think.  Sorry it's long.

Anyway, I’m going on too much so should stop there but I blitzed a whole raft of things, though maybe all been shot down already 100 times.  The main thing is: let’s not lose the opportunity that the transition team have given WC.  It could – maybe should – be on the scrapheap.  It isn’t – and there are many people invested in seeing it grow.  Let’s make it happen.

All the best,

Ajax

Ajax, thanks so much for your post.

Even though we have somewhat of a tarnished reputation to repair (thanks old dev team!) we've only just begun work on releasing a highly functional, highly user-friendly wallet and amassing our PR talent, talent which is shaping up to be formidable. We are currently on step one of many steps to come, and your ideas are greatly appreciated. If you get a chance, stop by http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation ... there are good things happening behind the scenes. Given all the work going into it, this coin is very cheap right now.

Encourage AJAX and the rest to join us on #whitecoinfoundation.  A modded forum is in the works, so we can begin to gather our thoughts even better.  For now, IRC is the place. 
Hi, I’m a relative newcomer to crypto, with just a small stake over last couple of months. Some good moves, some not so good.  Here’s my take on a couple of things, will be interested in what you think.  Sorry it's long.

Anyway, I’m going on too much so should stop there but I blitzed a whole raft of things, though maybe all been shot down already 100 times.  The main thing is: let’s not lose the opportunity that the transition team have given WC.  It could – maybe should – be on the scrapheap.  It isn’t – and there are many people invested in seeing it grow.  Let’s make it happen.

All the best,

Ajax

Ajax, thanks so much for your post.

Even though we have somewhat of a tarnished reputation to repair (thanks old dev team!) we've only just begun work on releasing a highly functional, highly user-friendly wallet and amassing our PR talent, talent which is shaping up to be formidable. We are currently on step one of many steps to come, and your ideas are greatly appreciated. If you get a chance, stop by http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation ... there are good things happening behind the scenes. Given all the work going into it, this coin is very cheap right now.
Wondering about that new wallet?

You asked:
"Why isn't there just an unlock button?"
"There should be a better way to stake?"
"How do I know if I'm staking?"
"Can I control how much is staked?"

COMING SOON

http://imgur.com/a/AVTBM

(Unofficial update)
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
mogonzo,

my chunky WC withdrawal finally went through today, direct to the address you posted. Not much, but it helps. I'm actually very surprised it took up until today to AP to you. Little too long for my liking, but at least you got the WC though.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
WHITECOIN MINING FRIDAY 09-05-2014
connect your Miner to www.whitecoinpool.com
be a part the Whitecoin Friday
TARGET: 500 - 1000 active Workers

scrypt port: 3377
SHA-256 port: 4477
X-11 port: 1177

retweet this:

get 10 Whitecoins for your retweet(just quote this post and tell me your WC address)

Rent a miner to be a part of the Whitecoin Friday

SUPPORT WC NOW!!!!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

First off, when I first saw White Coin my first thought was not so much scam but more lazy, even sycophantic in terms of wanting to profit from BC’s success.  But the more people started to jump on board, the more I bonded.  It seems that community is the Higgs Boson to alt coins, and gives them substance.

Sure, there were some maybe wild expectations of hitting 10000 satoshi straight off but there was an unmistakable buzz.  Fast forward that to the trials of the first days of POS and boy, were people set to lose a lot.  And yet, through that, the WCF came through and got the train back on the track, through what must have been a difficult time.

The more I get to know crypto the more I see it as about making positives from negatives: be that from the trust network at the heart of BTC or examples like this where we got an enhanced community out of the hole of an original developer who – at best – bit off more than he could chew.  The WCF are probably taking a much needed pause but we should keep the donations flowing.  As I say, I only have a small stake but I have given a little WC to the cause.

But where to from now?  Was it only about getting the coin off life support or do people genuinely want to develop something deserving of the WCF's time and effort.  It seems to have gone quiet in the community, although that may be just me.  But we all need to help the WCF take it forward, whether that is donations or dialogue, ideas or action.  Heck, it’s prompted me to do something I probably never thought I would.  Post.

So where do we go from here?  First things first, I think we should have an expectation in mind of how much the team need to be compensated and make it so.  We can’t enforce that but it is important to reward and move forward within the structures that Mogonzo and the guys have set out.

Anyway, I’m going on too much so should stop there.  The main thing is: let’s not lose the opportunity that the transition team have given WC.  It could – maybe should – be on the scrapheap.  It isn’t – and there are many people invested in seeing it grow.  Let’s make it happen.

All the best,

Ajax
Pages:
Jump to: