Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 37. (Read 93728 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Candy usually doesn't turn black when you laser it, it just vaporizes and melts and turns shiny, caramelizing a little, sort of like overheating sugar.

Some of the wisest words ever typed. I am still not clear on whether I can buy this at a local store (in chicago) or not. I would prefer to do that, but if it isn't going to happen for awhile I'll buy online.

It's not going to happen for a while.
Activity: 728
Candy usually doesn't turn black when you laser it, it just vaporizes and melts and turns shiny, caramelizing a little, sort of like overheating sugar.

Some of the wisest words ever typed... I am still not clear on whether I can buy this at a local store (in chicago) or not. I would prefer to do that, but if it isn't going to happen for awhile I'll buy online.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I noticed there is no option for "print only". I am interested in purchasing this issue of the magazine, and I am willing to buy 10 of this one issue if I can get them exclusively in print for a smaller fee than print + digital, and maybe a discount for buying in bulk.

The digital copy comes free with a print copy. You can't buy the print without the digital because it's a give-away with the print. You're not paying extra for it though if that's what it seemed like.

I'm going to get a printed copy for sure, i know I'll be able to past it around to a few family members who have recently become interested / invested in bitcoin  Cheesy they finally saw the light.
I noticed there is no option for "print only". I am interested in purchasing this issue of the magazine, and I am willing to buy 10 of this one issue if I can get them exclusively in print for a smaller fee than print + digital, and maybe a discount for buying in bulk.

The digital copy comes free with a print copy. You can't buy the print without the digital because it's a give-away with the print. You're not paying extra for it though if that's what it seemed like.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

me too.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
 (Too bad no BiddingPond or else maybe I would auction off the single box =) )

Bitmit.net?
Activity: 144
Merit: 101
Notice: All new advertisements, classifieds, letters to the editor, etc must be submitted by Sunday, February 5th 2012 in order to be included in the first issue of Bitcoin Magazine.

Thanks to everyone for your support and we ask for you to allow for 2 weeks for copies to be printed, bagged and mailed to your homes in the USA. All other countries please allow ample additional time for shipping.

BTW, I heard there was inside cover space on the bitcoin magazine - considering coming up with something to put there.  Still available?  Don't know where I read it.

All advertising space has been sold except for inside front cover and back cover spots which are still available.

EDIT: Correction-- one advertising client hasn't responded to emails so it looks like we might have one additional single-page slot left as well.

EDIT 2: Just sold the backcover. Only inside-cover and 1 full page ad spots remain.

BTW, I heard there was inside cover space on the bitcoin magazine - considering coming up with something to put there.  Still available?  Don't know where I read it.

Aye, he had mentioned something about ad space and some pricing. Matt, can we get a breakdown of actual locations and pricing or a *point* int he direction we can find such detailed info?

cheers

http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/?page_id=2954
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
To put QR codes on the mints, you should focus the beam in as sharp a spot as possible, and then just burn every black QR pixel. This should work far better than trying to burn squares.

Candy usually doesn't turn black when you laser it, it just vaporizes and melts and turns shiny, caramelizing a little, sort of like overheating sugar.  Can't burn black into a mint.  The laser point is actually very fine - about 1/1200 of an inch - but the only way to mark candy visibly is to crank up the power to the point it melts pits into the candy far deeper than 1/1200.

Also, we don't even have Trader Joe's here in Utah.  Apparently they won't open up shop here because they don't like the restrictive liquor laws (or so it's been said).  The mints were a gift from someone in Nevada, so I don't even have an easy supply of these particular nicely laserable mint boxes, assuming I was willing to spend half an hour per box of mints to engrave them one at a time.  (Too bad no BiddingPond or else maybe I would auction off the single box =) )
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
I'll take a case Cheesy

Aww, it won't scan the QR code Tongue

Too bad it takes 23 seconds per side of each mint to engrave and isn't practical as a product.

I was pleasantly surprised that the laser beam turns the clear plastic a deep copper color - which is highly unusual.  I was expecting a light melt or a white frost.

These mints are Trader Joe's Green Tea mints.  And I can't scan the QR code off the real mints either, it just doesn't work that well I guess.
To put QR codes on the mints, you should focus the beam in as sharp a spot as possible, and then just burn every black QR pixel. This should work far better than trying to burn squares.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Casascius should release a line of peppermint shaped like his physical bitcoins.

He would call them: "Minted bitcoins".

(Fake edit: Bonus points if they contain working holograms)

0.1 calorie & 0.1 btc per mint

Incredible! Regardless of whether they scan and can actually be loaded, I would buy some!  How much for one container?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I'll take a case Cheesy

Too bad it takes 23 seconds per side of each mint to engrave and isn't practical as a product.

I was pleasantly surprised that the laser beam turns the clear plastic a deep copper color - which is highly unusual.  I was expecting a light melt or a white frost.

These mints are Trader Joe's Green Tea mints.  And I can't scan the QR code off the real mints either, it just doesn't work that well I guess.

I thought that was a photoshop. You actually made these. lol Smiley

Edible bitcoins... imagine if you really put a private key in those mints with 0.1 btc. That means by eating one, you are removing 0.1 btc from circulation for ever.
People would troll with videos of them eating handfuls of them, and watching the Bitcoin poor weep in despair in the comments.

Also, this thread is now wildly off-topic.  We should bring it back on topic.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I'll take a case Cheesy

I thought that was a photoshop. You actually made these. lol Smiley

Edible bitcoins... imagine if you really put a private key in those mints with 0.1 btc. That means by eating one, you are removing 0.1 btc from circulation for ever.
vip
I'll take a case Cheesy

Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
This is also the second thing I have bought with coins. First was a Nerd Merit Badge.
Activity: 504

Aye, he had mentioned something about ad space and some pricing. Matt, can we get a breakdown of actual locations and pricing or a *point* int he direction we can find such detailed info?

cheers
Activity: 742
Just ordered an issue.  It's the second thing I've bought with bitcoin (the first being some maple syrup).

What is the gift for ordering a year subscription?
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

I'll take a case Cheesy

vip
Casascius should release a line of peppermint shaped like his physical bitcoins.

He would call them: "Minted bitcoins".

(Fake edit: Bonus points if they contain working holograms)

BTW, I heard there was inside cover space on the bitcoin magazine - considering coming up with something to put there.  Still available?  Don't know where I read it.
Pages:
Jump to: