Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 49. (Read 93728 times)

Activity: 740
Merit: 500
Hello world!
Will any copies be for sale in Europe?

Also, I don't want to spend my bitcoins: Any way to pay with dollars?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
I'm going to grab a copy at B&N.. yeah I want digital but I also want the general public to see it on the shelves, that is advertising,  which means I want it to do well at B&N.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Agreed... I wouldnt like to take my kindle/ipad etc to the toilet Tongue

Shit, I do that every day. (Pun intended)
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
A paper magazine, in the United States, in the year 2012? Ummm, kay. Barnes & Noble may survive another year or so before they turn completely into a non-profit chain of Amazon Reading Rooms Wink
Sorry, that ain't happening anytime soon.  Despite all the electronic options, a HUGE MAJORITY like to grab a paper magazine/book and read it.  It's a preference, and as long as it exists, print won't die.

Agreed... I wouldnt like to take my kindle/ipad etc to the toilet Tongue
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
country still defaults to the US. just keep us posted when this will be fixed, or rather bug bitpay about this  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
A paper magazine, in the United States, in the year 2012? Ummm, kay. Barnes & Noble may survive another year or so before they turn completely into a non-profit chain of Amazon Reading Rooms Wink
Sorry, that ain't happening anytime soon.  Despite all the electronic options, a HUGE MAJORITY like to grab a paper magazine/book and read it.  It's a preference, and as long as it exists, print won't die.

Which is why they will have Print on Demand services.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Subscribed (to this thread AND the magazine) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Sweeeeet! I could order one, but I'm waiting until they hit the shelves at B&N. That way I can buy it and say; "It's about time you started carrying bitcoin magazine.   Roll Eyes

Hope they don't notice the issue #.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Looks awesome. Waiting for the digital copy.

BTW the photo of the BFL Single you have in the magazine is outdated. It is showing the old Rev A board; that is not the production board. AFAIK BFL has not shipped anything yet ... what exactly will that article be reviewing?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
If you plan to release ~2000 copies you should really try/request that 4-5copies of the magazine should at all times remain on the rack and not be sold so the exposure disapear as soon as the stock goes out of the window.

I'm not sure if we'd have the ability to request such a thing, but what we could do pay a little extra to provide a cardboard backing for the store to use behind the issues with a duplicate of the cover printed on it.

Yeh this will do, as you can imagine the idea is just to make sure bitcoin magazine is still "in the shop" even though its sold out at that point.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
For fun you should put a private key in every edition.  A phrase or sentence that has like 10BTC on it.  First one to discover it gets the prize.

You're a genius. I'll see what we can do.

EDIT: What's the easiest way in the Bitcoin world to import a private key for a newbie?

EDIT 2: Turns out someone was already planning on a similar surprise game in the magazine. I guess I'm not allowed to talk about it here anymore for that reason. I will say that the first issue is going to have a whole mess of Easter eggs.
I did something similar with my Facebook friends…put a private key loaded with 1BTC on it and told them this was the virtual equivalent of leaving cash lying around in a public place.  I said the first one that can figure out what it is can have it.  I used the SIPA private key export format…it imports into blockchain.info's wallet just fine, but it doesn't sweep it.  I think mtgox will sweep it, but I'm not 100% sure.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Hi, I'm trying to buy February 2012, Issue 1, Print + Digital (INTERNATIONAL) with BTC, but the country keeps defaulting to United States. Undecided As a result Buyer Information on the invoice doesn't even contain a country field. Please advice.

Same problem :  country doesnt appear in address when doing the checkout...
 hate for my copy to end up in iowa or something...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
I'd pay extra if the first issue was personally autographed by Satoshi.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1136
In for 12 months. Good luck.

Need a few dentists out there to subscribe for their waiting room.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Kill me~
Spreading the word about this.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Last paragraph summarizes current conditions.

Barnes & Noble May Exit Tablets, Warns On Earnings
http://news.investors.com/Article/596818/201201051613/barnes-noble-may-sell-nook-tablet-business.htm

Purely out of curiosity, what does a vanity press run of 2000 copies cost these days anyway?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
One other point I would like to make is that you should really think about the "12 magazines per year" plan, it could be a problem. It's very important to take into account the rate at which things happen in the Bitcoin world, it makes sense that you have an excess amount of articles right now but if you put out one huge magazine every month, I can make a wager that you'll run into content problems in 6 months at the latest.

One option is to slow down a little and put out a magazine once you're comfortable that you already have enough content for the next two. That is probably the case right now but if you're planning 12 issues, then it's important to plan well. It would not be good if you promise 12 solid issues in 12 months and after the first 3 you start running out of good content. It has happened with so many niche magazines over the years, make sure you don't hit this iceberg.

Edit: I'm not actually sure if you have even mentioned that you plan to release an issue every month, perhaps I made that up. It's an important issue anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I have a question about the international orders, I was planning to order a good amount of the first issue with my friends to save on shipping costs but it seems that the shipping costs are linear, which is very strange. I would also like to know if there is a possibility of a discount if one orders 10x of the first issue for example.
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
subscribing.

Hope to download it soon !
Pages:
Jump to: