Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 51. (Read 93728 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
After processing 117 124 issue orders through e-mail, I decided to just start using Bit-Pay until I get our own backend up and running.

Subscribers can now just click the "Bitcoin Order Now" button corresponding to their choice and streamline the process much easier.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Matthew, if your magazine content is as rude and arrogant as your forum posts this should drive the publics opinion of bitcoin right into the ground.

However, at first glance it looks well put together.. I'll be buying the first issue to check it out. Hopefully it's a success for you and the bitcoin project.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
For fun you should put a private key in every edition.  A phrase or sentence that has like 10BTC on it.  First one to discover it gets the prize.

You're a genius. I'll see what we can do.

EDIT: What's the easiest way in the Bitcoin world to import a private key for a newbie?

EDIT 2: Turns out someone was already planning on a similar surprise game in the magazine. I guess I'm not allowed to talk about it here anymore for that reason. I will say that the first issue is going to have a whole mess of Easter eggs.

This: http://www.country-magazine.com/Misc_pages/needle.asp

REGULAR READERS of Country magazine look forward to the Needle in the Haystack hunt. In each issue, we hide a small illustration of a needle. Those who find it qualify for a drawing to win a prize.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Bitcoin!
EDIT: What's the easiest way in the Bitcoin world to import a private key for a newbie?

my opinion:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/
mtgox and strongcoin are two other options.
Activity: 931

my opinion:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/
Activity: 686
Wat
Im buying 2 of the first issue so one I will collect like the first issue of the batman comic lol.

EDIT 2: Turns out someone was already planning on a similar surprise game in the magazine. I guess I'm not allowed to talk about it here anymore for that reason. I will say that the first issue is going to have a whole mess of Easter eggs.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Bitcoin!
For fun you should put a private key in every edition.  A phrase or sentence that has like 10BTC on it.  First one to discover it gets the prize.
A phrase somewhere that hashes to a private key.  Good idea.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Would be cool to see this

You're a genius. I'll see what we can do.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Activity: 42
...We're already in contact with Barnes and Nobles ...

They'll like you better if you refer to them as Barnes & Noble.

You're right, my mistake. 7 years in Korea and I'm no longer brainwashed to remember every corporate name perfectly LOL.

FREEEEEDOOOMMMMM
Awesome.  If I see it at B&N in mpls I'll buy 10 copies.

You should print a special edition version with the entire block chain to the date of printing (very small type) as a free speech printed press version establishing the authority of the btc chain via printed free speech as promised by the constitution.

I would buy 100 copies of that.  The edition should have as it's preamble the right to free press.

A colleague of mine likes your post but says that the genesis block alone might be enough to suffice.
Activity: 157
Merit: 101
Awesome.  If I see it at B&N in mpls I'll buy 10 copies.

You should print a special edition version with the entire block chain to the date of printing (very small type) as a free speech printed press version establishing the authority of the btc chain via printed free speech as promised by the constitution.

I would buy 100 copies of that.  The edition should have as it's preamble the right to free press.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Hell yes, this looks awesome! Too bad it probably won't hit my tiny central Ohio B&N. Also, too bad B&N won't take my Bitcoins Tongue
Activity: 266
Merit: 36
...We're already in contact with Barnes and Nobles ...

They'll like you better if you refer to them as Barnes & Noble.
Which would be more beneficial to you?  Us ordering copies directly from you to have them mailed to us, or us going to B&N and buying a copy off the rack?  I would assume the later, as it would help prove to your distributors that they're worth the rack space, but I frequently assume wrong.

Anything that helps us do our job better with less red tape and guaranteed income stream will help the magazine run smoothly. Buying direct would be the most 'beneficial to me', but to Bitcoin as a whole, I would imagine so long as we are just selling through the mail only, we are doing little to nothing that a website couldn't do as well, agreed?

The issue here is then-- how can we make sure our magazine is seen in every major shop in town? The tough answer is 'to sell enough copies to make it worth everyone's while'. That means we have to fight to win the community over and gain it's support before we can truly take on the mainstream, or as I have mentioned before we would become "nobodies in both places".

Know that we are taking every logical risk to get our issues out there into stores, but too much too soon will bleed us to death.
Activity: 15
Which would be more beneficial to you?  Us ordering copies directly from you to have them mailed to us, or us going to B&N and buying a copy off the rack?  I would assume the later, as it would help prove to your distributors that they're worth the rack space, but I frequently assume wrong.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
This is incredible! Seriously, I can't wipe the smile off my face!

One multi-issue order coming up.
Pages:
Jump to: