Pages:
Author

Topic: Predictious.com | The Premier Bitcoin Prediction Market | Trade & Win Bitcoins! - page 7. (Read 33272 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
If you see a price (buy or sell), it is matched.

Once you place an order, if it is NOT matched, you will see a link at the top of the screen saying "# Open Orders"

Matched shares will be listed at the top of the screen saying "# Shares"
Activity: 28
I believe you can offer to buy or sell a market at any price, but the best price will be what people see.

If you view a market and click "Market Depth" you can all the unmatched orders with less-favorable odds than the primary displayed odds.

Hi Notlogic,

Is the "the best price will be what people see" is "matched"?
How do I checked my wager is been "matched" or "not yet been matched"?
Example in fairlay.com it can indicate "matched" and "not yet matched"
Please help
Thanks
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
I don't see any difference between sorting the events by "popular" and "volume".
How are the events sorted by "popular"?

Popular is based on the last 7 days only.
I believe you can offer to buy or sell a market at any price, but the best price will be what people see.

If you view a market and click "Market Depth" you can all the unmatched orders with less-favorable odds than the primary displayed odds.
It works very similarly to Intrade, just different currency/amounts.

If you put up 1 mBTC long, someone else must put up 9 mBTC short. Or 2 & 8, 2.5 & 7.5, etc.

For any matched bet, there is 10 mBTC between both sides combined. Whoever is correct takes the pot (minus a small fee).

It took me a while to get accustomed to the Intrade/Predictious method, but once you're used to it, you'll be comfortable not only buying shares, but also selling matched (long or short) shares when the odds improve.

Thanks notlogic
I means is the "odds"
let say the odds now is 4.50 for "long"
when I go in, can I put it become 1.00
because I will start from 1.00 odds to 10.00 if I win.
10.00 - 1.00 = 9.00 I win, rather than I continue use other "offer" 4.50
(10.00 - 4.50 = 5.50) I only win 5.50
or maybe I need to open new trade for starting this 1.00 odds?

It works very similarly to Intrade, just different currency/amounts.

If you put up 1 mBTC long, someone else must put up 9 mBTC short. Or 2 & 8, 2.5 & 7.5, etc.

For any matched bet, there is 10 mBTC between both sides combined. Whoever is correct takes the pot (minus a small fee).

It took me a while to get accustomed to the Intrade/Predictious method, but once you're used to it, you'll be comfortable not only buying shares, but also selling matched (long or short) shares when the odds improve.

Hello,

Refer to odds, if the "long" odds on the odds 5.00 can I buy and put it 1.00

Since it can be decide by me, then most will like to put 1.00, by doing this I will
earn 9.00 (10.00 - 1.00) if the event occur.
I understand also if I put 1.00 I need to wait for "match" from other side.

Just curious,
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I don't see any difference between sorting the events by "popular" and "volume".
How are the events sorted by "popular"?
Cool! Is there a place on the site to see a list of active markets like this?

What about your available funds that's aren't tied up in open orders? (If you have open orders, the balance in the upper-right doesn't tell you how many shares you can buy right away without cancelling other orders)
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Want A Personal Coin? PM ME!
Cool site..

I have a lot of sites that I want to join right now.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
What is the volume to this site? The way I see it, is if there aren't enough bets on both sides then everybody loses
Thanks for posting the Louisiana House of Representatives runoff election. Wish I had started Predictious before Nov 4th so I could have taken part in the entire election.

Going to free up some funds and put up some predictions soon.
Please send us your ideas! You can contact us through here.

Last year when we launched we did try to add opening weekend box office earnings, but these weren't that popular. We will however give it another try and see how it goes.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
How do refund rate determined?
I had a blast on Intrade during the 2012 US elections. I was worried that after those elections were complete there would be no remaining active markets in which I could participate (I don't enjoy sports predictions). However, I found a new home in box office predictions. At least, until Intrade went the way of the dodo.

They would typically choose popular films set to premier in the upcoming months and set markets for their premiering weekend box office sales. An example for last weekend could have been:

• Interstellar to earn over $40,000,000 during it's opening weekend
  • Interstellar to earn over $45,000,000 during it's opening weekend
  • Interstellar to earn over $50,000,000 during it's opening weekend

I hope you'll consider adding markets like these. Also, a formal place on the website to suggest new markets would be nice. I have tons of ideas (which you may or may not be interested in reading).

edit: They used http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/ as their official measure of what a film earned
Wish I had known about this site before the US election last week.

What is your volume like on this site for non-sports predictions?

Well, you can still take part in the Presidential Smiley

You can see the volume of resolved political contracts here.

For example on the following contract "The Republicans to control the Senate after 2014 Congressional Elections" the total volume was 1602 shares (so 16 bitcoins got traded).
Wish I had known about this site before the US election last week.

What is your volume like on this site for non-sports predictions?
Pages:
Jump to: