Pages:
Author

Topic: Prevention is better than a cure. Please escrow. - page 20. (Read 243647 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000
The One and Only
I've used escrow with a few transactions with shady people, and it totally saved the transactions. Other people have done transactions with these same people, without escrow, and suffered losses. Escrow is ALWAYS a good idea, no matter who you are trading with.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225
Away on an extended break
Stickied. I've seen enough scams happening without the use of escrow. Also, escrows increase the amount of trust a seller/buyer conveys, and thus increase the possibility of sales for newer members.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
In these times of Mass scammers out there, I urge people to use an escrow. There are many good members out there willing to help to secure the bitcoin community, There are also more people willing to do anything to scam you out of your coins, Please just do your research on someone before you part with your hard earned coins.

An escrow list - Last update 15-11-18

Note to mod, I know this is in the wrong section as I am not selling anything, I feel we all need to be wiser, People in the selling forums are less likely to look elsewhere for information on what this is and how it is acheved,
Even if a few people read this and use escrow, Or a few scammers don't get their coins, I will consider this a good job.
Please consider not moveing out the way, This needs to be addressed.

** jan 16

There is a new wave of possible scammers, People who buy up legendary accounts and trade untill they have large sum of money then run, This has been done with a very trusted account recently.

Please be cautious, I am trying to set up a 3 way secure key escrow for my personal escrows to add peace of mind.

I would like to point out, that I do not partake in escrowing forum accounts, I never have and never will, in fact its against the rules on my forum, This is a trust based commodity as it stands, if we keep moving the goal posts as well as the stadium, no one can be accountable for theft!

Keep safe people, dont give up, trust in BTC, suspect people :-)

** April 17

please watch out for fake accounts made to look like hero/legendary escrow accounts, check the join date and the letters of the name exatly! some use numerical 0 instead of alphabetical O, and please watch out for sold accounts! this forum allows selling of any account, so make it difficult to know who's still real, I do not allow selling of accounts on my forum  Roll Eyes

** Nov 18

watch out for fishing links, you will get a link in your PM directing you to a "really good deal" in another thread, when you click the link it will show this forum but you are not logged in! THIS IS A FAKE FORUM! designed to make you think you are not logged in so you put in your password! please report the message to mods in your inbox.
Pages:
Jump to: