Pages:
Author

Topic: Primecoin GPU miner: 9.1 CPD on a 280x / pool / 2% dev.fee - page 3. (Read 100895 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
This is odd, your miner does not work with a 4xRadeon 7770 rig.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Sucks that i still like to solo, i haven't actually used this miner in a long time because of that. I paid for it too
Don't get me wrong pgpu but i'm a solo fan always have been and loved that you released a fast solo miner Sad

I guess people just love paying pool fees! Sadly this comunity is being sent to hell in such a way that its enjoying the ride..ridiculous
hash.camp has 0% pool fee.

Currently we support 2 versions: pool and pool for existing customers (0% dev.fee). Releasing a solo means more or less 2 more versions to support.

Nix the pool and go with two solo versions.  Easy.  ha... j/k of course.  You'll do what you will.  at least you know a few of us here want solo.  idk if that warrants a poll or if it warrants further consideration as far as what may bring greater proceeds to the dev.  For now I use a solo miner and pay a dev fee to claymore for that
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Version 4.0 is available.

CPD now is 9.1 on a 280x (clock: 1040/1500).
Also, we reduced our dev.fee to 2%.

The new version supports switching to a secondary pool if something is wrong with the main one.
Currently we support 2 pools: hash.camp and ypool.net
BTW, hash.camp is a 0% pool ATM.

Command lines for the two-pool config:
hash.camp as a main pool and ypool.net as a backup:
primegpu-pool.exe -o2 ypool.net -u2 YPOOL_USERNAME -p x -o xpm.hash.camp -u XPM_ADDRESS

ypool.net as a main pool and hash.camp as a backup:
primegpu-pool.exe -o ypool.net -u YPOOL_USERNAME -p x -o2 xpm.hash.camp -u2 XPM_ADDRESS

Links:
Dev.fee version: http://primegpu.com/files/primegpu-pool.zip
Paid version: http://primegpu.com/files/primegpu-pool-paid.zip

When you will release Solo version?

Thanks
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Sucks that i still like to solo, i haven't actually used this miner in a long time because of that. I paid for it too
Don't get me wrong pgpu but i'm a solo fan always have been and loved that you released a fast solo miner Sad

I guess people just love paying pool fees! Sadly this comunity is being sent to hell in such a way that its enjoying the ride..ridiculous

Currently we support 2 versions: pool and pool for existing customers (0% dev.fee). Releasing a solo means more or less 2 more versions to support.

yeah but luck in finding a block  is out of the equation and u told me u would release 1
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

legendary

Yes, any dev intention of providing a solo option?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Am a paid user, but can't get anything but 0s for mining time, etc.  I do see gpu time changing, but it never finds a chain of any sort, and the mining time stays at 0.00.00 .
What is the GPU you use?
What is the name of your pool?

Sometimes such a problem happens if connection to a pool cannot be established from the beginning.
Could you look in the debug.log file (in primecoin data folder if it exists on your rig)?

the rig has 2x cards in it, one is a 280x and the other is a 7970.  the debug.log shows xpt: logged in

i then see passes increase and both gpu and their latency times changing, but never any mining time or cpd (both 0s)
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

Am a paid user, but can't get anything but 0s for mining time, etc.  I do see gpu time changing, but it never finds a chain of any sort, and the mining time stays at 0.00.00 .
What is the GPU you use?
What is the name of your pool?

Sometimes such a problem happens if connection to a pool cannot be established from the beginning.
Could you look in the debug.log file (in primecoin data folder if it exists on your rig)?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Am a paid user, but can't get anything but 0s for mining time, etc.  I do see gpu time changing, but it never finds a chain of any sort, and the mining time stays at 0.00.00 .

Heres what I did:

wipe old driver
install driver version 14.4
unzip 4.0 to new directory
move my old .key file from version 1.x to that directory
run

Anyone have any ideas why everything is zeroes?  It shows as connected to pool but never submits a share.

Thanks for any help,
I have a few 7850 1 GB,
so it seems its not working as intended for these 1 Gb cards.
Will be fixed in the next version.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
I have a few 7850 1 GB,

gpuz tells me that dynamic ram is used (about 500mb).

so it seems its not working as intended for these 1 Gb cards.

(they work fine with claymore's miner)
290/290x supported?
Yes of course.
The speed is higher than specified for 280x.
Activity: 201
290/290x supported?
One question though - the paid version also is showing a 2% dev fee on ypool - is that suppose to be the case?
Oops.. messed up this one. Will reupload the fix in an hour.
Edit: Fixed.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

The new version supports switching to a secondary pool if something is wrong with the main one.

primegpu-pool.exe -o2 ypool.net -u2 YPOOL_USERNAME -p x -o xpm.hash.camp -u XPM_ADDRESS

primegpu-pool.exe -o ypool.net -u YPOOL_USERNAME -p x -o2 xpm.hash.camp -u2 XPM_ADDRESS

Links:

Good job - getting good speeds with my 6-card 280x setup - around 54-55 cpd.

One question though - the paid version also is showing a 2% dev fee on ypool - is that suppose to be the case?

Thanks   

Links:
legendary
just shows all zeroes when I run the miner.  mining time doesn't tick up or anything.  
What version do you use (3.0 / 3.01)?

from the first link: http://primegpu.com/files/primegpu-ypool.zip

edit: Ahh, sorry about that.  3.01 works just fine.
just shows all zeroes when I run the miner.  mining time doesn't tick up or anything. 
What version do you use (3.0 / 3.01)?
legendary
just shows all zeroes when I run the miner.  mining time doesn't tick up or anything. 
Pages:
Jump to: