Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Anastasia: Bitcoiners Against Identity Theft [re: Craig Wright scam] - page 4. (Read 4391 times)

AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
The only thing, where CSW got my respect is, how he bamboozled Gavin Andresen.

In case you don't know, here is a nice article about how the story unfolded a few years ago:

https://www.wired.com/2016/05/craig-wright-privately-proved-hes-bitcoins-creator/

When rumors surfaced early last month that Australian cryptographer Craig Wright would attempt to prove that he created Bitcoin, Gavin Andresen remained skeptical. As the chief scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation, his opinion counts: Andresen is among the earliest programmers for the cryptocurrency, and likely the one who has corresponded more than anyone with Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin's pseudonymous, long-lost inventor.

Today, Andresen fully believes that Wright is Nakamoto. Now he'll have to convince the rest of the world, because he's among the only people to have seen what he claims is the best evidence in Wright's favor.

In an interview with WIRED on Monday following flurry of media reports stating that Wright now publicly claims he created Bitcoin, Andresen described in detail a private meeting he had with Wright in London. And he explains why he left that meeting convinced that Wright is the same Nakamoto who unveiled Bitcoin in 2009 and emailed extensively with him in 2010 and 2011. Andresen says his belief is unwavering, despite a bizarre and highly unconvincing blog post Wright published Monday offering the flimsiest evidence that he invented the cryptocurrency—evidence of a very different sort from what Andresen says Wright revealed to him.

"I’m still convinced he’s Satoshi despite the really weird proof he’s put in his blog post," says Andresen. He stands by a statement he published on his website this morning: "I believe Craig Steven Wright is the person who invented Bitcoin."
The Private 'Proof'

As Andresen tells it, a firm representing Wright contacted him in March and invited him to London for a private, in-person demonstration designed to prove Wright created Bitcoin. Andresen understandably expressed reluctance. WIRED and Gizmodo had named Wright in December as a Satoshi Nakamoto candidate based on leaked emails, accounting documents and transcripts. But then gaps in Wright's story appeared following those reports—including signs he had backdated evidence and misrepresented academic credentials—it seemed Wright was likely pulling an elaborate hoax or con.

But Wright followed up with a series of emails that piqued Andresen's interest. "This is a person who knows an awful lot about Bitcoin and an awful lot about early Bitcoin stuff," Andresen says. "The email conversations I had [with him] sounded like Satoshi to me. It sounded like I was talking to the same person I’d worked with way back when. That convinced me to get on an airplane."

On the morning of April 7, Andresen took a red-eye to London and proceeded directly to a hotel in the Covent Garden district. He met Wright and two associates in a conference room there that afternoon and, Andresen says, Wright performed the cryptographic feat that erased his remaining doubts.

Cryptographers have suggested at least two ways the creator of Bitcoin could prove himself: Nakamoto could move some of the earliest Bitcoins, which are known to belong to him and have never been spent in their seven-year existence; or he could use the same cryptographic "private keys" that would allow those coins' owner to spend them to instead "sign" a message—transforming the message's data in a way that proves he or she possesses keys that only Nakamoto would have.

Wright, Andresen says, offered to perform the second test, signing a message of Andresen's choosing with a key from the first "block" of 50 coins ever claimed by a Bitcoin miner, in this case Nakamoto himself. (He also performed a similar test for Jon Matonis, a former board member of the Bitcoin Foundation, and a reporter for the Economist, the magazine says, using both the first and ninth Bitcoin blocks.) Andresen says he demanded that the signature be checked on a completely new, clean computer. "I didn’t trust them not to monkey with the hardware," says Andresen.

Andresen says an administrative assistant working with Wright left to buy a computer from a nearby store, and returned with what Andresen describes as a Windows laptop in a "factory-sealed" box. They installed the Bitcoin software Electrum on that machine. For their test, Andresen chose the message "Gavin's favorite number is eleven." Wright added his initials, "CSW," and signed the message on his own computer. Then he put the signed message on a USB stick belonging to Andresen and they transferred it to the new laptop, where Andresen checked the signature.

At first, the Electrum software's verification of the signature mysteriously failed. But then Andresen noticed that they'd accidentally left off Wright's initials from the message they were testing, and checked again: The signature was valid.

"It’s certainly possible I was bamboozled," Andresen says. "I could spin stories of how they hacked the hotel Wi-fi so that the insecure connection gave us a bad version of the software. But that just seems incredibly unlikely. It seems the simpler explanation is that this person is Satoshi."
The Problem With the Public Proof

Under other circumstances, the Bitcoin community could almost be convinced by Andresen's account, too. But in contrast to Andresen's private demonstration, the evidence that Wright publicly offered to support his claim almost immediately collapsed. "The procedure that’s supposed to prove Dr. Wright is Satoshi is aggressively, almost-but-not-quite maliciously resistant to actual validation," wrote security researcher Dan Kaminsky early Monday. After more analysis, Kaminsky updated that assessment: "OK, yes, this is intentional scammery."

On a newly-created website, Wright published a blog post featuring what appeared to be a cryptographically signed statement from the writer Jean-Paul Sartre. It seemed intended to show, as in Andresen's demonstration, that Wright possessed one of Nakamoto's private keys. But in fact, Kaminsky and other coders discovered within hours that the signed message wasn't even the Sartre text, but instead transaction data signed by Nakamoto in 2009 and easily accessed on the public Bitcoin blockchain. "Wright's post is flimflam and hokum which stands up to a few minutes of cursory scrutiny," wrote programmer Patrick McKenzie, who published an analysis of Wright's message on Github. "[It] demonstrates a competent sysadmin's level of familiarity with cryptographic tools, but ultimately demonstrates no non-public information about Satoshi."

Even Kaminsky and McKenzie say they can't explain the discrepancy between their analysis and Andresen's story. "But for the endorsement of core developer Gavin Andresen, I would assume that Wright used amateur magician tactics to distract non-technical or non-expert staff of the BBC and the Economist during a stage-managed demonstration," McKenzie writes. "I'm mystified as to how this got past Andresen."
The Disconnect

Andresen, for his part, remains equally mystified by Wright's highly dubious public evidence. The contradiction between the two accounts is so stark that at first some in the Bitcoin community believed that Andresen's blog, where he's vouched for Wright, must have been hacked. He says Wright and his staff wouldn't let him leave the hotel meeting room with his own much stronger evidence, for fear that Andresen would leak it before Wright was ready to come forward. But Andresen says he can't understand why Wright didn't release that information publicly now. He hopes Wright still might.

Andresen's only attempt at an explanation for Wright's bizarre behavior, he says, is an ambivalence about definitively revealing himself after so many years in hiding. "I think the most likely explanation is that … he really doesn’t want to take on the mantle of being the inventor of Bitcoin," says Andresen, who notes that his own credibility is at stake, too. "Maybe he wants things to be really weird and unclear, which would be bad for me."

That uncertainty, Andresen says, seemed to be evident in Wright's manner at the time of their demonstration. Andresen describes Wright as seeming "sad" and "overwhelmed" by the decision to come forward. "His voice was breaking. He was visibly emotional," Andresen says. "He’s either a fantastic actor who knows an awful lot about cryptography, or it actually was emotionally hard for him to go through with this."
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
If you thought wright couldn't top the last dozen absurd lies and idiotic baseless legal threats he's issued... you have a surprise in store for you:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200210203809/https://medium.com/@craig_10243/ccbe22f2637e

He is now claiming his stole identity entitles him to complete ownership of the Bitcoin system.

Ugh. I tried to read this but could only get about a quarter of the way through. It is too infuriating. He's basically trying to re-define bitcoin in a way that maximizes his control and influence over it, un-ironically under the pretense that he is Satoshi.

To think that people could still believe Craig is Satoshi in 2020... In the eyes of most rational people in the community, the issue had been settled by December 2016: he's not.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
at least Vitalik has some brain and it's honest.

No need to pump nonsense about that scammer (aka vitalik), here.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
If you thought wright couldn't top the last dozen absurd lies and idiotic baseless legal threats he's issued... you have a surprise in store for you:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200210203809/https://medium.com/@craig_10243/ccbe22f2637e

He is now claiming his stole identity entitles him to complete ownership of the Bitcoin system.

Even if CSW could win such a claim in an actual court of law (and that is a BIG ASS "IF"), good luck enforcing it.  That pie in the sky imaginative diptwat. 

CSW is likely writing that nonsense for the gullible wanna get scammed BSV pumpener/bagholders in order to get them to buy more BSV... which may or may not allow craig and his buddy calvin to be able to dump some of their worthless bags.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Please, could some Trek fans help me out here!  It’s the that best I can do. :-(

As I'm being the biggest movie watcher here (and I'm not kidding; I honestly don't think that anyone else spent so much from his / her life watching movies / TV series -- meaning several years) and as one who watched all Star Treks, I salute you! And I'll spread the word your words even more than I did til now!

(Somehow) Getting back on the subject (although it is VERY hard, due to latest involvements), I think now, that (one of my childhood idols) Captain Kirk is involved, nullius' words will be heared in the outer space! Even Klingonians will hear about this Pinocchio pretending to be Satoshi!

And no, I'm not kidding (I wouldn't DARE to troll nullius' posts)! If such a personality as Captain Kirk mentioned this identity theft; if such a Hollywood celebrity (which is way more well-known than anyone from this forum) speaks about this theft, then not only the entire world, but also the Klingonians, Vulcanians and other outer alien races will hear about it!

Honestly, I wouldn't EVER believe that an 88 years old man would be interested in this subject. But even if it's him, or someone administrating his Twitter, the word will still be spread! And regarding the mention to Anastasia (God rest her soul), I really believe that who is controlling that account looked here first! The coincidence is WAY too big!

I don't know the connection between CSW and Mt. Gox (and I'm ashamed of that). Maybe someone can share a link?

Gazeta Bitcoin, which is one of the fewest Romanian crypto-newspaper, called out this Pinocchio long years ago! [Edit: here is the proof! The article is from October 2017.]

In the end, one question remains: why can't we all sue him?

And this question brang into my mind a topic which I intend to write about Jullian Assange -- if we can help him too (coming soon). After all, he was (is) also one of the few true Cypherpunks. God knows how many years he has to live (IN JAIL!). But all of them will pass away. Maybe we can do something for the ones still alive. Forgive me nullius for this offtopic, but I couldn't stop myself from mentioning it.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Interesting analogy, using Anastasia for Satoshi impersonators. I guess the communists just copied the French when they did their revolution so the country could never ever return to monarchy.... Now communism is gone, but so is the monarchy. Strangely enough the current leadership doesn't appear to change much...

Craig? Who cares. I think implying him to be equal to an Anastasia impersonator is giving him way too much credit. He should be put aside with the rest of the faketoshis, a dime a dozen.
Activity: 58
Merit: 110
maybe CW knows who the the real sathosi is.
and he killed him or maybe death by natural cause , so the real one cant fight back agains him.
because he knows no one can never be able to prove otherwise as sathosi himself
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
Haha, this is awesome! Not only because I read that quote and heard Shatner's voice while I did it but that a senior citizen celebrity seems to actually be somewhat educated about bitcoin...
https://cointelegraph.com/news/william-shatner-doubts-craig-wrights-claims-to-inventing-bitcoin
“Why can’t he prove it? From what I’ve read is that some mysterious bonded courier would deliver the keys (which honestly is a scene right out of Back to the Future.)  If he is, he should be able to prove it. This is like the modern day search for Anastasia.”
Wait the Captain reads the forum? Or nullius is Shatner? etc

https://twitter.com/BitcoinFX_BTC/status/1226926687960600577?s=20

Indeed, quite incidentally or perhaps inadvertently, William Shatner now appears to of 'joined' Project Anastasia: Bitcoiners Against Identity Theft  [re: Craig Wright scam] with the following tweet(s)! ...

"Why can’t he prove it? 🤷🏼‍♂️
From what I’ve read is that some mysterious bonded courier would deliver the keys (which honestly is a scene right out of Back to the Future.)  If he is, he should be able to prove it. This is like the modern day search for Anastasia."

- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226894636699942914

[...more quotes and links...]

Holy fork!  This suddenly makes want to watch Star TrekMy respect, Captain Kirk!

There is hereby an important lesson:  Whether Shatner borrowed my idea, or he indpendently thought of the same historical analogy (which would be an big coincidence due to the timing ;-), the truth is spreading—and that’s great for Bitcoin!

Shatner is a celebrity with a giant microphone.  Through his social media and his entrée to the mainstream media, he will carry Anastasia’s message to masses of people—and they will carry it to their Facebooks and Twitters and IRL chit-chat with their friends.

I did not make Project Anastasia for the Bitcoin Forum only.  I made it as a message to be built on Satoshi’s own forum, and spread by a cadre of Bitcoiners to every other venue of discussion.

A community is made of people, I am a person—so I decided to lead by example, starting with two topics showing the types of discussion that I hope others will join me in carrying forward, far, and wide into many languages and many venues of discussion:

• Bitcoin: The Social Phenomenon, a positive essay to explain why my motto is, “There is only one Bitcoin”...  I think it is important to keep this principle:  Always say what you are, before you say what you are against.  [...]
  • Project Anastasia...

In the long term, these two will only be the beginning...

I always work slowly, but I am a patient man; and I have started my Bitcoin advocacy with the intent of growing it to have a long-term large effect, not of making a drama splash and then getting bored.  Bitcoin is worth love, it is worth working for—and it is worth fighting for.

I assure you that the emotional impact of my Anastasia essay was fully, consciously intended—and moreover, intended to be exemplary:  This is how it’s done, folks! [...]

Wherefore I encourage others to spread the Anastasia Bitcoin message to other venues of discussion, and also to create similar forms of argument upon the principles that I have hereby set forth.

People should neither ignore Wright, nor wildly lash out at him:  Keep focus, keep the high ground, and keep hitting the key points, repeatedly, in every single discussion so that he cannot get away with these cheap psychological ploys.

(...etc....  I think also in a few other places that I didn’t find on a quick review...)

I have been intending to elaborate on the necessity of starting with this thread, and spreading the message elsewhere.  Evidently, the discussion has gotten ahead of me at warp-speed!

Please, could some Trek fans help me out here!  It’s the that best I can do. :-(

Of course, among other means of spreading Anastasia’s message, it is fully appropriate to tweet links to this thread...

On General Knowledge and Identity

A neat demonstration of why Hyena-style tactical diversion must be cut off at the threshold:  Such arguments about alleged general similarity of knowledge and ideas can lead to absurdies which are comical, if not made with malicious intent.  Maybe William Shatner is nullius, who invented Bitcoin?

Could be funny, if it were not malicious disinformation intended to be brainwash people who lack the technical expertise to make their own assessments:
I know the language Craig speaks very well and as a professional in my field I can say that Craig clearly knows what he is talking about.

LOL, troll:
Nullius' knowledge about blockchain science and cryptography is a dead giveaway....  He could even be Satoshi.  Shocked
(Gleb Gamow also once joked in good humour that I may be Satoshi due to my use of two spaces after each sentence.  Key terms: “joked”, “good humour”.  Sorry, I can’t find it now.)

Funny!
Or nullius is Shatner?

I myself have futilely tried to crack Satoshi’s keys using magick, for the principal purpose of signing a message that says, “I am not Satoshi. — nullius, Bitcoin Forum #976210, PGP fingerprint 0xC2E91CD74A4C57A105F6C21B5A00591B2F307E0C” ;-)

A takedown of Faketoshi’s technical incompetence is important in its own way.  That has been done many times—here, on Reddit, and pretty much everywhere else that this matter is discussed.  But it is a discussion which should be cut off cold when shills use claims of “Dr.” Wright’s alleged expertise to divert and reframe so as to sneak around the threshold question.  I myself will happily engage a debate over Wright’s expertise (or lack thereof) if and only if he produces a Satoshi-signed message which identifies him as Satoshi. *crickets*
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Indeed, quite incidentally or perhaps inadvertently, William Shatner now appears to of 'joined' Project Anastasia: Bitcoiners Against Identity Theft  [re: Craig Wright scam] with the following tweet(s)! ...

"Why can’t he prove it? 🤷🏼‍♂️
From what I’ve read is that some mysterious bonded courier would deliver the keys (which honestly is a scene right out of Back to the Future.)  If he is, he should be able to prove it. This is like the modern day search for Anastasia."

- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226894636699942914

*meme*

"Well this really says nothing. He’s the one claiming to be Satoshi, so like Anastasia he needs to prove it. And it would seem that signing the block would prove he has the keys which is a step in the “Wright” direction. 😉"
- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226974499238793224

"Judges look at facts & apply it to the law & previous judgements. Would an ordinary, learned, person such as a Judge  be able to look at the keys & say “yes these are Satoshi’s keys”? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just feel there’s a simpler way to prove it & hush all the detractors."

- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226978536306683905

"
1. He claims he is.
2. He says he has the keys.
3. Sign.

Why bother with videos explaining why?  Just do #3. 🙄

To ask a judge is just wasting the court’s time and leaves the ruling open to scrutiny as to what was presented versus what wasn’t. 🤷🏼‍♂️"

- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226993632374333440

"🤔
So he’s Tiny Tim; tiptoeing through the Tulips? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I would have blocked him long ago with all these weird stories. 🙄 Let me know what the judge says. 😉"

- https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1226998666839384065

- https://twitter.com/BitcoinFX_BTC/status/1227238721629507588

Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through The Tulips
- https://youtu.be/zcSlcNfThUA

- https://twitter.com/BitcoinFX_BTC/status/1227239073472843776

Tip Toe Thru The Tulips 1929
- https://youtu.be/0-MPTrWJ1uM

Cheesy Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
Haha, this is awesome! Not only because I read that quote and heard Shatner's voice while I did it but that a senior citizen celebrity seems to actually be somewhat educated about bitcoin...
https://cointelegraph.com/news/william-shatner-doubts-craig-wrights-claims-to-inventing-bitcoin
“Why can’t he prove it? From what I’ve read is that some mysterious bonded courier would deliver the keys (which honestly is a scene right out of Back to the Future.)  If he is, he should be able to prove it. This is like the modern day search for Anastasia.”
Wait the Captain reads the forum? Or nullius is Shatner? etc

https://twitter.com/BitcoinFX_BTC/status/1226926687960600577?s=20
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
This is what Satoshi said about minority forks :

(red = relevant part)

A second version would be a massive development and maintenance hassle for me.  It's hard enough maintaining backward compatibility while upgrading the network without a second version locking things in.  If the second version screwed up, the user experience would reflect badly on both, although it would at least reinforce to users the importance of staying with the official version.  If someone was getting ready to fork a second version, I would have to air a lot of disclaimers about the risks of using a minority version.  This is a design where the majority version wins if there's any disagreement, and that can be pretty ugly for the minority version and I'd rather not go into it, and I don't have to as long as there's only one version.

I know, most developers don't like their software forked, but I have real technical reasons in this case.

I admire the flexibility of the scripts-in-a-transaction scheme, but my evil little mind immediately starts to think of ways I might abuse it.  I could encode all sorts of interesting information in the TxOut script, and if non-hacked clients validated-and-then-ignored those transactions it would be a useful covert broadcast communication channel.

That's a cool feature until it gets popular and somebody decides it would be fun to flood the payment network with millions of transactions to transfer the latest Lady Gaga video to all their friends...
That's one of the reasons for transaction fees.  There are other things we can do if necessary.

How long have you been working on this design Satoshi?  It seems very well thought out, not the kind of thing you just sit down and code up without doing a lot of brainstorming and discussion on it first.  Everyone has the obvious questions looking for holes in it but it is holding up well Smiley
Since 2007.  At some point I became convinced there was a way to do this without any trust required at all and couldn't resist to keep thinking about it.  Much more of the work was designing than coding.

Fortunately, so far all the issues raised have been things I previously considered and planned for.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
-snip-
Haha, called it:
It's difficult to make sense of their incoherent ramblings, but it also seems as if CSW and Ayre are gearing up for some kind of legal claim against the entire blockchain "database"...? They seem to be suggesting that while Bitcoin is under MIT licence, the ledger isn't and so therefore is a "breach of contractual rights": https://mobile.twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1224753981206990853

Good catch!

On the side, I am trawling through some of CSW’s older essays to show what his ultimate agenda is:  His ends sought by such means as would be merely absurd, if they were not so potentially harmful.

What is he even talking about though?
This year I take charge and control of my system[5]. Those on the copied systems that are passing themselves off as bitcoin, BTC or CoreCoin and BCH or BCash are hereby put on notice.
"Take control"? If it's under an individual's control, then it's not decentralized, it's not bitcoin, and it's worthless.

"Those on the copies systems are put on notice"? What's he going to do, sue every developer, every exchange, every merchant, every wallet, every user? Because he has such a strong track record when it comes to winning lawsuits. Roll Eyes

The danger is that he may FUD Bitcoin analogously to how BSD was treated as radioactive by business owners worried about liability, at just the time when Linux was nascent.  (Important distinguishments:  In that case, it was not Linux’s fault that an unrelated corporation decided to do some copyright trolling—and the original lawsuit there was not totally frivolous from a legal perspective, at the time before all the remaining AT&T code was stripped out on an emergency basis.)

In the future we're going to see more crap like him threatening any business that accepts Bitcoin with patent litigation, to which the common response will be "damn, this bitcoin stuff isn't worth the trouble" from most parties who's business isn't primarily about Bitcoin.  How could you expect otherwise when your response to wright is "damn, this wright stuff isn't worth the trouble"?

I know the language Craig speaks very well and as a professional in my field I can say that Craig clearly knows what he is talking about.
In that case, perhaps you could start working through the long list of errors, inaccuracies and incompetence displayed by CSW and explain how someone who knows what he's talking about could make so many? See below:
In the interest of providing people with talking points, as much as it pains me to link to a BCH subreddit, I'll share this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/b479rk/please_excuse_the_craig_wright_spam_but_this_is/ej4oxvj/

No, not unless he passes the threshold:

Observe that besides some insults (e.g., “segshit”), hv_ kept trying to lure people into an endless argument over issues that are both irrelevant to my OP, and unreasonable to even consider when Craig Wright has not produced a cryptographic authentication of his claim to the identity of a cryptographic innovator who has known public keys.

The answer to every statement he ever said about Satoshi's wallets or ownership
of same should have been "sign a message from a known Satoshi wallet ...and until such time as the message is signed you are treated as a fake"

This is called a threshold question.  An affirmative answer thereto is necessary but insufficient to conclude an argument; and if the answer is either negative or nonexistent, then further questions need not be reached.

Craig Wright has not passed the threshold of proving his alleged Satoshihood.

It’s important that there be publicly available lists of his lies, debunking him point by point.  But that is important only for the few who will want to analyze the subject in depth, more for intelligence purposes (or doing what I just did for hv_) than anything else.

I have deleted Hyena’s post (Loyce archive) due to his violation of the thread-local rule clearly stated in OP:

Moderation note:  Posts in this thread may be deleted according to my mood.  And I am in a bad mood.  Please be kind to Anastasia, and honest toward Satoshi.  Thank you.

Any further posts by him in this thread will be deleted, unless he posts a threshold Satoshi-signed message identifying CSW as Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
-snip-
Haha, called it:
It's difficult to make sense of their incoherent ramblings, but it also seems as if CSW and Ayre are gearing up for some kind of legal claim against the entire blockchain "database"...? They seem to be suggesting that while Bitcoin is under MIT licence, the ledger isn't and so therefore is a "breach of contractual rights": https://mobile.twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1224753981206990853

What is he even talking about though?
In that case, perhaps you could start working through the long list of errors, inaccuracies and incompetence displayed by CSW and explain how someone who knows what he's talking about could make so many? See below:
In the interest of providing people with talking points, as much as it pains me to link to a BCH subreddit, I'll share this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/b479rk/please_excuse_the_craig_wright_spam_but_this_is/ej4oxvj/
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
There is no one even close to Craig Wright when it comes to knowing the technical side of BitCoin.

If that's your assessment of Faketoshi's verbal diarrhoea, it only shows how susceptible some people are to indoctrination.  Coming back to the 'shady used car salesman' analogy, some of them are quite effective in selling lemons to the gullible.  You're simply choosing to believe what you want to hear.
legendary
There is no one even close to Craig Wright when it comes to knowing the technical side of BitCoin. Only Satoshi Nakamoto himself would be so knowledgeable. You can't say this about identity thieves. Knowledge is ultimately what filters out imposters. Craig knows and can explain technical intricacies about BitCoin that only the creator would know.

There are a number of people that exceed CSWs knowledge about bitcoin dramatically. Wladimir J. van der Laan, Gavin Andresen and Greg Maxwell to name just a few.

CSW has often demonstrated an absence of knowledge about a lot of things that Satoshi would know and there are many things that CSW has said that contradict what has been said by Satoshi.  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-how-many-wrongs-make-wright

legendary

I read his whole legal argument and had a good laugh. It creates so many more Occams Razors !

There are some serious flaws in the argument he creates that could have serious implications for him if we take his word seriously.

As the sole creator of bitcoin, I own full rights to the bitcoin registry.

The system within bitcoin was launched with the full issue of all tokens. At its creation, bitcoin was formulated as a system with a set number of individual tokens defined as approximately 21 million bitcoin where each bitcoin is an arbitrary verbal representation of 100 million individual and indivisible tokens.

Bitcoin has an issuer. In January 2009, as director of companies I created in multiple jurisdictions, I issued 21 million bitcoin where each individual bitcoin is an indivisible set of 100 million tokens.

SEC security licence by the issuing companies ? Prospectus for issuance in compliance with multiple jurisdictions ? Deceiving conduct to holders, node operators and developers ?
Salaries paid to other developers (or were they working for free due to deceptive practices of their employer )?
If no salaries were paid and there was no contract then they own the copyright to their respective changes to the database ?
Why was a successor appointed ? Was disappearance a breach of "duty of care" to the database users ?
Node operators have costs but do not get rewarded - since it is a commercial transaction rather than "MIT licensed database" how much can they sue for ?

If there was an issuance of 21 million bitcoin at the start then why was CVE-2010-5139 necessary ?

On August 15 2010, it was discovered that block 74638 contained a transaction that created over 184 billion bitcoins for two different addresses. This was possible because the code used for checking transactions before including them in a block didn't account for the case of outputs so large that they overflowed when summed. A new version was published within a few hours of the discovery. The block chain had to be forked. Although many unpatched nodes continued to build on the "bad" block chain, the "good" block chain overtook it at a block height of 74691. The bad transaction no longer exists for people using the longest chain.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Common_Vulnerabilities_and_Exposures#CVE-2010-5139

Activity: 133
Merit: 26
in contrast, it would be virtually impossible to impersonate vitalik buterin. the trade-off for ethereum is they forever have a "benevolent dictator". that trade-off isn't worth it IMO.

This is one of the things I find most amazing about bitcoin: The creator is totally anonymous.

Unlike Vitalik's Blockchain, where he is alive giving opinions and acting like a central planner, bitcoin is growing wildly without any central planner.

If satoshi was a real person, everything would be centralized on him.

This is why BSV is doomed, at least Vitalik has some brain and it's honest. meawhile Craig seems demented: 99,9% chance that Craig is either a liar or lost his coins.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
The implication is:

1) We accept his sworn statement is true: Craig Steven Wright received and controlled the funds from the first MtGox hack in 2013.

OR:

2)  We accept his sworn statement is not true: Craig Steven Wright perjured himself in the Supreme Court of NSW and claimed tax credits on the value of 79956 bitcoins that he did not control or own.

I'd love to hear his explanation.

Common sense tells us it's 2) because he's clearly more of a 'shady used car salesman' than he is a criminal mastermind.  The only explanation he can give is that he is a liar/cheat/fraud/criminal/etc.
legendary

Unless there is something that I missed here, I doubt that Craig Wright has access to the 1Feex private key.  Let’s lather up with falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, and shave down the following with Occam’s Razor:

• To damn all the more by understatement, CSW has a known history (!) of claiming possession of private keys which, in fact, he does not possess.  What evidence do we have that his 1Fee private key isn’t just like the Tulip briefcase-load of Satoshi private keys being handled by an action-movie secret-agent courier?
  • Anybody who actually stole almost EIGHTY THOUSAND BITCOINS (!) should damn well know to never associate himself with that his stash of loot in a document filed with a court (!!).  Would a bank robber point to his stolen sacks of cash in a court filing?
  • To my knowledge, there is no evidence that CSW has any advanced hacking skills (or even a competent understanding of how Bitcoin works).  Is there any evidence that he is concealing a keen technical intelligence behind his shrewd techno-clown showman swindle?
  • The 1Feex address is a longtime popular mystery, and most people have no idea what it is (2014-12-28:  The only mention of “Gox” in that four-page thread, with no mention of the hack:  “The 1Fee address is probably an MT Gox address although there is no direct evidence, just circumstantial.”).  Yes, I know of later-discussed evidence in various places.  But try web-searching the address by itself, with no mention of Gox; you will find endless pages of social media speculation and fantasy completely unrelated to Mt. Gox.

CSW could have simply picked that address the way almost everybody else finds it:  Looking at the richlists.  Faketoshi Classic:  “Hey, I need me something to claim as collateral... hmmm, let’s see:  What Bitcoin address has lots of money just sitting there?”
  • Most lawyers and most courts are ignorant of technology—and you must multiply that factor a thousandfold for anything pertaining to Bitcoin in 2013!  It would be much easier to fool them than to fool (or “fool”) Gavin; and it’s unlikely that anybody would even keep an eye on the address to see if funds moved later.  A career scammer would know this.  It is just the type of human vulnerability that he exploits daily.
  • If, as I suspect, Faketoshi may be on a leash being held by whomever I suspect to have compromised Gavin, “whoever” wants efficient, covert means to disrupt Bitcoin.  And if you want to shave away “whomever”, just consider that greedy, Bitcoin-hating scammer CSW has probably heard of a “short”.

Regardless of the difficulty that the 1Fee possessor may have in recovering spendable money from it, anybody with private key to that address could wreak at least short-term havoc on the Bitcoin market—not merely in terms of the direct economic effect of “only” eighty thousand bitcoins, but much moreso through the FUD “news” headlines that could be generated.  Nuff said?

Whereas a real blackhat would may not want to disrupt the Bitcoin market that way, if he anyway has plenty of spending money from other hacks.  Why?  For better or for worse, the “you shall protect Bitcoin” aspect of the Social Phenomenon applies to blackhats, too—at least to some degree.  I think to myself, if I were an intelligent blackhat acting only from rational self-interest, what would I do with 1Fee?  Probably more or less sit on it as my cold-stored nest egg and proof of ultimate pwnage, as I merrily spend all the other bitcoins that I have stolen in smaller, more easily-laundered amounts.  What?  Do I want to FUD the market for the money that I enjoy stealing and spending?  Lulz, I’m rolling in gold—I will not smack the goose that lays the golden eggs.

That being said, the question of whether or not Faketoshi possesses the 1Fee key is almost irrelevant at this particular moment if he claimed possession of stolen property in a court filing.  Either he essentially confessed to interesting crimes or, more likely, he committed a whole bundle of other interesting crimes rippling outward from lies told to a court.  In terms of his fate, the question of whether or not he actually possesses said property is thus tantamount to asking if he shot himself in his left foot, or shot himself in his right foot.

Of course, that question is much more interesting to any Gox creditors; but that is a separate issue, and unlikely to be a big issue due to the unlikelihood that he actually has a private key which he may have only “proved” to his lawyer similarly to how he “proved” a Satoshi key to Gavin.

I am 99% certain that it was Craig S Wright who masterminded the Mt Gox robbery. If this can be established,

Evidence establishing 99% certainty?  I doubt it, but I want to see it proved if it’s true.  Instant “game over” for Faketoshi, Nchain, and probably a few other bad characters closely associated with him.  Maybe also even a bit more recovery for people who got Goxed.  So... proof?  (Preferably in a concise link to/quote of more discussion elsewhere.)

It might be easier to start a lawsuit to recover the $700 million in MtGox coins that were stolen in 2011 that he claimed to have the private keys to in 2013.

If CSW claims to control the keys, then those are stolen funds and must be surrendered.

I will file that under “maximum lulz”:  Obviously, his defence must be to prove that he deceived a court in 2013!  Any which way it plays out, it would be mighty tough for people with badges to ignore.

“O, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive.”

— Sir Walter Scott

I agree that it is an interesting Occams razor and it definitely is a difficult one to defend. (If not impossible)

The facts are:
In 2011 the FIRST MtGox hack involved 79956 bitcoins being sent to 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/e67a0550848b7932d7796aeea16ab0e48a5cfe81c4e8cca2c5b03e0416850114

This was established in court evidence here: https://courts.ms.gov/appellatecourts/docket/sendPDF.php?f=dc00001_live.SCT.17.M.1681.102741.5.pdf&c=87490&a=N&s=2

In 2013 Craig Steven Wright swore an affidavit that contains another sworn statement from his lawyer that Craig Steven Wright had been shown by Craig Steven Wright that he controlled among other bitcoin addresses - 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

This affidavit was then used to take court proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW against a company controlled by Dave Kleiman. (Who by that time had died ).

The funds had been used as collateral in business transactions to claim tax credits.

This was established in court evidence here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4462663-24-4.html#document/p5/a423127

The implication is:

1) We accept his sworn statement is true: Craig Steven Wright received and controlled the funds from the first MtGox hack in 2013.

OR:

2)  We accept his sworn statement is not true: Craig Steven Wright perjured himself in the Supreme Court of NSW and claimed tax credits on the value of 79956 bitcoins that he did not control or own.

I'd love to hear his explanation.

staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

Pages:
Jump to: