Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Anastasia: Bitcoiners Against Identity Theft [re: Craig Wright scam] - page 5. (Read 4391 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
Amazing!  Two more translations were posted within three hours of each other.  Soon, indeed, the whole world will know to properly identify Craig Wright’s scam as identity theft.

Maraming Salamat, Baofeng, for the Filipino translation!

Ang pagkakakilanlan ng hindi nagpapakilalang tagapagtatag ng Bitcoin ay ninakaw ng isang impostor.

Si Craig Wright ay isang magnanakaw ng pagkakakilanlan:

Hatur Nuhun, Husna QA, for the Indonesian translation!  (And this is the first time that my mundane communications with a translator have been wholly PGP-encrypted.  Husna takes his crypto seriously.)

Identitas anonim pencipta Bitcoin dicuri oleh penipu

Craig Wright adalah pencuri identitas:

...with my further thanks again to Taikuri, Gazeta, and Manish for starting this trend!

Craig Wright claimed in the Supreme Court of New South Wales that he controlled 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

He presented a sworn document purportedly created in 2013 where his lawyer swore that Craig controlled the address 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

The funds in this address were used as collateral for his business ventures.

Unless there is something that I missed here, I doubt that Craig Wright has access to the 1Feex private key.  Let’s lather up with falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, and shave down the following with Occam’s Razor:

• To damn all the more by understatement, CSW has a known history (!) of claiming possession of private keys which, in fact, he does not possess.  What evidence do we have that his 1Fee private key isn’t just like the Tulip briefcase-load of Satoshi private keys being handled by an action-movie secret-agent courier?
  • Anybody who actually stole almost EIGHTY THOUSAND BITCOINS (!) should damn well know to never associate himself with that his stash of loot in a document filed with a court (!!).  Would a bank robber point to his stolen sacks of cash in a court filing?
  • To my knowledge, there is no evidence that CSW has any advanced hacking skills (or even a competent understanding of how Bitcoin works).  Is there any evidence that he is concealing a keen technical intelligence behind his shrewd techno-clown showman swindle?
  • The 1Feex address is a longtime popular mystery, and most people have no idea what it is (2014-12-28:  The only mention of “Gox” in that four-page thread, with no mention of the hack:  “The 1Fee address is probably an MT Gox address although there is no direct evidence, just circumstantial.”).  Yes, I know of later-discussed evidence in various places.  But try web-searching the address by itself, with no mention of Gox; you will find endless pages of social media speculation and fantasy completely unrelated to Mt. Gox.

CSW could have simply picked that address the way almost everybody else finds it:  Looking at the richlists.  Faketoshi Classic:  “Hey, I need me something to claim as collateral... hmmm, let’s see:  What Bitcoin address has lots of money just sitting there?”
  • Most lawyers and most courts are ignorant of technology—and you must multiply that factor a thousandfold for anything pertaining to Bitcoin in 2013!  It would be much easier to fool them than to fool (or “fool”) Gavin; and it’s unlikely that anybody would even keep an eye on the address to see if funds moved later.  A career scammer would know this.  It is just the type of human vulnerability that he exploits daily.
  • If, as I suspect, Faketoshi may be on a leash being held by whomever I suspect to have compromised Gavin, “whoever” wants efficient, covert means to disrupt Bitcoin.  And if you want to shave away “whomever”, just consider that greedy, Bitcoin-hating scammer CSW has probably heard of a “short”.

Regardless of the difficulty that the 1Fee possessor may have in recovering spendable money from it, anybody with private key to that address could wreak at least short-term havoc on the Bitcoin market—not merely in terms of the direct economic effect of “only” eighty thousand bitcoins, but much moreso through the FUD “news” headlines that could be generated.  Nuff said?

Whereas a real blackhat would may not want to disrupt the Bitcoin market that way, if he anyway has plenty of spending money from other hacks.  Why?  For better or for worse, the “you shall protect Bitcoin” aspect of the Social Phenomenon applies to blackhats, too—at least to some degree.  I think to myself, if I were an intelligent blackhat acting only from rational self-interest, what would I do with 1Fee?  Probably more or less sit on it as my cold-stored nest egg and proof of ultimate pwnage, as I merrily spend all the other bitcoins that I have stolen in smaller, more easily-laundered amounts.  What?  Do I want to FUD the market for the money that I enjoy stealing and spending?  Lulz, I’m rolling in gold—I will not smack the goose that lays the golden eggs.

That being said, the question of whether or not Faketoshi possesses the 1Fee key is almost irrelevant at this particular moment if he claimed possession of stolen property in a court filing.  Either he essentially confessed to interesting crimes or, more likely, he committed a whole bundle of other interesting crimes rippling outward from lies told to a court.  In terms of his fate, the question of whether or not he actually possesses said property is thus tantamount to asking if he shot himself in his left foot, or shot himself in his right foot.

Of course, that question is much more interesting to any Gox creditors; but that is a separate issue, and unlikely to be a big issue due to the unlikelihood that he actually has a private key which he may have only “proved” to his lawyer similarly to how he “proved” a Satoshi key to Gavin.

I am 99% certain that it was Craig S Wright who masterminded the Mt Gox robbery. If this can be established,

Evidence establishing 99% certainty?  I doubt it, but I want to see it proved if it’s true.  Instant “game over” for Faketoshi, Nchain, and probably a few other bad characters closely associated with him.  Maybe also even a bit more recovery for people who got Goxed.  So... proof?  (Preferably in a concise link to/quote of more discussion elsewhere.)

It might be easier to start a lawsuit to recover the $700 million in MtGox coins that were stolen in 2011 that he claimed to have the private keys to in 2013.

If CSW claims to control the keys, then those are stolen funds and must be surrendered.

I will file that under “maximum lulz”:  Obviously, his defence must be to prove that he deceived a court in 2013!  Any which way it plays out, it would be mighty tough for people with badges to ignore.

“O, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive.”

— Sir Walter Scott
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
It might be easier to start a lawsuit to recover the $700 million in MtGox coins that were stolen in 2011 that he claimed to have the private keys to in 2013.

650,000 BTC in total (plus significant amounts of fiat and other cryptocurrencies such as Litecoin and Namecoin). Back then, it was worth close to $500 million. At present exchange rates, the BTC stash alone would be worth somewhere between $6 billion and $6.5 billion. I am 99% certain that it was Craig S Wright who masterminded the Mt Gox robbery. If this can be established, then this guys must be convicted and sent to prison for ruining the lives of tens of thousands of people. On top of that, Alexander Vinnik who is currently imprisoned on fake charges (including a charge related to Mt Gox robbery) must be immediately released from prison.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
What I'm going to say may (or may not) be taken seriously into consideration, but this is what crossed my mind now for defeating Bitcoin: is there a chance to gather all the users from this forum sharing the same stance towards CSW and start a collective lawsuit against him for identity theft? Or to collect some money from all of them in order to pay a good lawyer to start such a trial?

Of course, it would be needed serious conditions to be met (such as having a great number of users interested / involved; having a very trustworthy forum member to hold all the money collected and also to pay the lawyer; having someone (at least 1 person) to actually start the trial; deciding in which country it would be best to open this trial; having users willing to be called as witnesses etc.) but if this thing becomes a reality, I think the truth will win in the end, although it could take years until the end of the trial.

Apparently I didn't make myself clear: is there anyone interested in calling this Pinocchio into trial for identity theft? I am! Anyone else?
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Craig Wright claimed in the Supreme Court of New South Wales that he controlled 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

He presented a sworn document purportedly created in 2013 where his lawyer swore that Craig controlled the address 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF received the coins from MTGox when it was hacked in 2011 and the coins have never moved.

Craig Steven Wright - Satoshi or MtGox Hacker ?

1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF received the coins from MTGox when it was hacked in 2011

A sworn statement by Craig Wrights lawyer from 2013 that Craig Wright showed him on his phone that he controlled 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF presented by Craig Wright to the Supreme Court of New South Wales as proof that it was used as collateral for his business

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4462663-24-4.html#document/p5/a423127

https://twitter.com/lopp/status/1196794848852037632
https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF

Any entity granting a loan based on claimed ownership of collateral assets should be technically sophisticated enough to be able to establish that such claim to collateral asset is actually provably true.  Now, if the loan is ONLY partially reliant on such collateral, then it might be a BIG ASS, "so what," people overstate their assets all the time when applying for a loan - even though such lying could cause for cancelling of the loan or changing of the loan terms.  If here are other assets that are potential collateral, that are provable or a co-signer then those would all be relevant factors to the lender in determining how to treat such claimed assets and whether the loan is reliant on the actual ownership of such assets.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
If CSW claims to control the keys, then those are stolen funds and must be surrendered. Failure to do so would be criminal or contempt or something bad.

Of course, if he then claims, the mobile wallet is watch only ... ... I have that too. I've been watching all the rich lists since before there was an official add address command with the help of pywallet. One could add the entire rich list and look like you have a nice wallet, but claim, it's locked with a passphrase that you can't remember.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
What I'm going to say may (or may not) be taken seriously into consideration, but this is what crossed my mind now for defeating Bitcoin: is there a chance to gather all the users from this forum sharing the same stance towards CSW and start a collective lawsuit against him for identity theft? Or to collect some money from all of them in order to pay a good lawyer to start such a trial?

Of course, it would be needed serious conditions to be met (such as having a great number of users interested / involved; having a very trustworthy forum member to hold all the money collected and also to pay the lawyer; having someone (at least 1 person) to actually start the trial; deciding in which country it would be best to open this trial; having users willing to be called as witnesses etc.) but if this thing becomes a reality, I think the truth will win in the end, although it could take years until the end of the trial.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF received the coins from MTGox when it was hacked in 2011 and the coins have never moved.

Craig Steven Wright - Satoshi or MtGox Hacker ?

1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF received the coins from MTGox when it was hacked in 2011

A sworn statement by Craig Wrights lawyer from 2013 that Craig Wright showed him on his phone that he controlled 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF presented by Craig Wright to the Supreme Court of New South Wales as proof that it was used as collateral for his business

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4462663-24-4.html#document/p5/a423127

https://twitter.com/lopp/status/1196794848852037632
https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF
copper member
धन्यवाद, amishmanish!  India now exposes the essential nature of Craig Wright’s scam in the Hindi language:

बिटकॉइन के गुमनाम संस्थापक की पहचान भी एक ढोंगी,बहरूपिये ने चुराने की कोशिश करी है

क्रेग राइट भी एक बहरूपिया, पहचान चुराने वाला identity thief है.

English, Russian, Romanian, Hindi...  Soon, all the world will know Anastasia’s message about Wright’s wrongs against Satoshi!
legendary
Announcement:  Project Anastasia now brings us from Romania the correct identification that “Craig Wright este un hoț de identitateMulțumesc, GazetaBitcoin, for your defence of “Bitcoin: Fenomenul social” against Craig Wright’s lies!

English, Russian, and now Romanian...  Soon enough, the whole world shall know that Craig Wright is committing grand-scale identity theft.

The more, the merrier! I am glad I took part of this action to defend Bitcoin!

There is only one Bitcoin!
Există un singur Bitcoin!
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
In his own words: "Welcome to law."
copper member
Announcement:  Project Anastasia now brings us from Romania the correct identification that “Craig Wright este un hoț de identitate.  Mulțumesc, GazetaBitcoin, for your defence of “Bitcoin: Fenomenul social” against Craig Wright’s lies!

English, Russian, and now Romanian...  Soon enough, the whole world shall know that Craig Wright is committing grand-scale identity theft.

This whole thing just gets more and more stupid as time goes on. Honestly, who still believes this nonsense?
The doubling down is polarizing.  If you thought wright wasn't satoshi it makes you more sure of it, if you thought he was it also makes you more sure of it.

For a scammer this is a great move:  The people who are eligible victims become more vulnerable from their increased belief and the non-victims get further away and less likely to disrupt the scam.

Indeed:  And this only yet again underscores the error that I and many others made by ignoring Wright for years, trying to starve him of attention.  The bolded portion is the reaction of “Too Stupid, Didn’t Respond” (with apologies to o_e_l_e_o, who is not making that mistake here).

The answer is a tightly focused counterattack that rises from a positive desire to make the world a better place, cuts the spew of lies off at the threshold, and focuses on one simple point that everybody can understand:  Identity theft.  That is the real issue here; and we must not let Wright perpetually reframe and divert the public presentation with antics that do exactly what you say.

People should neither ignore Wright, nor wildly lash out at him:  Keep focus, keep the high ground, and keep hitting the key points, repeatedly, in every single discussion so that he cannot get away with these cheap psychological ploys.

The TL;DR too stupid; didn't read is that he has now claimed that the bonded courier who is delivering the private keys to Satoshi's addresses is an attorney, and so all communication from said courier is "privileged", and therefore he does not have to submit it to the court. He is also claiming thousands of documents from a bunch of bankrupt or liquidated companies he was involved in are also "privileged", and so can effectively ignore the court order for these documents.

You can read the plaintiff's response as to why this is complete nonsense here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6309656/389/kleiman-v-wright/.

Although I am not an attorney, much less an American attorney admitted to Federal practice in S.D. Florida, I know of nothing in F.R.E. or the law that would allow an attorney to argue something tantamount to letting a client claim unlimited privilege on discoverable evidence, simply by the artifice of hiding it in an “attorney-client communication”.  Of course, such things have been litigated in the past.  Does anyone with West/Lexis access care to take a glance at the annotations on privilege and its limits?

I ask, for reason that I have seen cases in which attorneys were sanctioned for advancing much less-frivolous arguments.  We know that Wright is a liar.  Why are his attorneys failing their duties as officers of the court, bound to represent their clients’ interests zealously but in a manner not inconsistent with their ethical duties?  N.b. that the claim of privilege is a legal argument, not only a question of factual falsehood by Wright—that is an important distinction in this context.

(And by the way, re “bunch of bankrupt or liquidated companies”, where are the pertinent court-appointed U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee(s)?)

In general BSV news - they forked again yesterday. Only 100 nodes (of their tiny number of 300 total nodes) didn't upgrade, still haven't upgraded, and are still on the old chain: https://mobile.twitter.com/alistairmilne/status/1224582671323598848

Further to that, Calvin Ayre now controls 75% of their hashrate: https://mobile.twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1224768472791560194

LOL, yes:  Meanwhile, they are abysmally failing to even keep their fraudulently misnamed altcoin running on a technical level.  Not that technical incompetence will much bother a project that anyway exists only to swinde:  They only need to keep a coin sort-of almost approximately running, as a stage prop for a scam based primarily on psychological manipulation.

This quote sums up CSW's behavior perfectly. If he is Satoshi, why is he going to such extraordinarily extreme lengths to avoid having to sign a message or move some coins? Why is he trying so hard to hide the truth? Maybe, just maybe, because he is a pathological liar?

...a string of illogical twists by which he [Wright] claimed, in effect, that people who demanded a Satoshi signature from him were somehow violating his financial privacy (!).

Vide:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190228100312/https://medium.com/@craig_10243/careful-what-you-wish-for-c7c2f19e6c4f
Quote from: Craig Wright (2019-02-08T13:04:08.150Z)
There is a real problem with such a call from Core for me to sign. There are a number of downsides I will not discuss and a couple I will. You ask to see my keys; well, you are in effect asking to see my bank statement. Doing so is the opposite of what Bitcoin is about. I really do not care if you like that you cannot tell what I have or do not have. It is a form of information asymmetry that I desire to preserve.

So, Craig Wright conflates signatures, public keys, and (by implication) private keys (!).  Whereupon he, who in the same essay openly states his agenda to preserve the totally public nature of Bitcoin’s global ledger (which effectually puts everybody’s “bank statements” on the blockchain), argues that signing with a key associated with an already-public Satoshi UTXO would be tantamount to showing his bank statement (!!).

This tangle of concepts is so nonsensical that it cannot but be presented for one purpose:  If you can’t convince ’em, confuse ’em!  “Dr.” Wright’s explanation will seem plausible to people who know absolutely nothing about public-key cryptography, and the application thereof in Bitcoin.  And therein lies the rub:  The overwhelming majority of living human beings know absolutely nothing about public-key cryptography, and the application thereof in Bitcoin.

This is how Wright sneaks by the threshold question in the public mind, in furtherance of his grand-scale identity theft.  Don’t let him get away with it!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
-snip-
Agree with everything you've said, but there is a difference with this latest development, at least in my view. The majority of his lies regarding the private keys before were that he couldn't sign a message because he didn't have access to the keys - they are in a trust, a courier has them, I don't have the password, they will definitely be delivered on this date, no this date, no wait this date, they've been delivered but it was only the public keys, et cetera ad absurdum. Him now claiming that the bonded courier who is supposedly delivering the private keys is an attorney and therefore he doesn't have to hand them over to the court is now essentially him saying "Nuh-uh, I don't want to".

His argument has gone from "I can't prove I'm Satoshi because I don't have the keys", while although provably false, at least could be believed, to "I just don't want to prove it", which is downright moronic for someone caught in the middle of a multi-billion dollar lawsuit. If he did have the keys, then the only sensible option for him is to prove it to the court and pay up half the bitcoin, since he is otherwise potentially facing jail time for perjuring the court.

Honestly, I'm surprised the judge is giving him so much leeway to continue to his ever more ridiculous lies to the court. Just set a final date for the keys to be handed over, and if it is not met, charge him with perjury.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
This whole thing just gets more and more stupid as time goes on. Honestly, who still believes this nonsense?
The doubling down is polarizing.  If you thought wright wasn't satoshi it makes you more sure of it, if you thought he was it also makes you more sure of it.

For a scammer this is a great move:  The people who are eligible victims become more vulnerable from their increased belief and the non-victims get further away and less likely to disrupt the scam.

He's made enough false claims of patent infringement, copyright infringement, etc.  (not to mention general defamation like claiming specific people fund terrorism or support child porn) that he's really set himself up to be targeted with a lawsuit seeking a declaratory judgement against his random legal threats... only missing component is that the few people with the time and money to bother consider him much of a real threat-- or even a real irritation.  But it'll could take take one more case of him harassing or threatening the wrong party before attitudes on that change.

God knows when justice will come for this fraudster but if/when it does I expect it'll ramp up quickly-- he's basically built his entire life in a fleet of oily-rag filled dumpsters.  I'll only take one match.

legendary
In general BSV news - they forked again yesterday. Only 100 nodes (of their tiny number of 300 total nodes) didn't upgrade, still haven't upgraded, and are still on the old chain: https://mobile.twitter.com/alistairmilne/status/1224582671323598848

Further to that, Calvin Ayre now controls 75% of their hashrate: https://mobile.twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1224768472791560194

It's difficult to make sense of their incoherent ramblings, but it also seems as if CSW and Ayre are gearing up for some kind of legal claim against the entire blockchain "database"...? They seem to be suggesting that while Bitcoin is under MIT licence, the ledger isn't and so therefore is a "breach of contractual rights": https://mobile.twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1224753981206990853

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Anyone have any details?
The TL;DR too stupid; didn't read is that he has now claimed that the bonded courier who is delivering the private keys to Satoshi's addresses is an attorney, and so all communication from said courier is "privileged", and therefore he does not have to submit it to the court. He is also claiming thousands of documents from a bunch of bankrupt or liquidated companies he was involved in are also "privileged", and so can effectively ignore the court order for these documents.

You can read the plaintiff's response as to why this is complete nonsense here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6309656/389/kleiman-v-wright/. My favorite quote from it is below:
An  adversary  who  submits  false  declarations,  offers  contradictory  perjurious testimony  under  oath,  and  submits  false  documents  that  even  his  own  counsel  are  forced  to disavow,  severely  hinders  the  ability  to  seek  the  truth.

This quote sums up CSW's behavior perfectly. If he is Satoshi, why is he going to such extraordinarily extreme lengths to avoid having to sign a message or move some coins? Why is he trying so hard to hide the truth? Maybe, just maybe, because he is a pathological liar?

He is so steep into the lie that he does not know how to extract himself except to keep doubling down, which logically seems like it should not have a good ending.. yet he keeps playing in that direction, and I wonder whether he has any escape route that will not leave him behind bars.  People are able to disappear, but will he be ready, willing and able to (before he ends up behind bars)?
legendary
Anyone have any details?

You can read the plaintiff's response as to why this is complete nonsense here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6309656/389/kleiman-v-wright/. My favorite quote from it is below:
An  adversary  who  submits  false  declarations,  offers  contradictory  perjurious testimony  under  oath,  and  submits  false  documents  that  even  his  own  counsel  are  forced  to disavow,  severely  hinders  the  ability  to  seek  the  truth.

copper member
I heard Wright replied he complying with the latest requests from the court because aliens impregnated him with his courtier'scourier's goat-baby.  ... or something like that?

Anyone have any details?

A few days ago, I started preparing for this thread an analysis of some of Wright’s earlier public arguments*—including a string of illogical twists by which he claimed, in effect, that people who demanded a Satoshi signature from him were somehow violating his financial privacy (!).

You may understand why I am sincerely confused about whether you are only being sarcastic, or I should really check the news.

(* To avoid the usual strategic mistake of point-by-point debunking of Wright’s claims beyond the unmet threshold question, I intend to narrow my analysis to (1) Wright’s nonsensical excuses for not meeting that threshold, and (2) Wright’s overt motive of turning Bitcoin into an instrument of financial mass-surveillance.)

I have intend a detailed reply to some of the earlier posts, including to JayJuanGee re “open source”.  TL;DW version of a longer essay, intersecting with another subject that I have always sought an appropriate moment to write about:

Copyright vs. Plagiarism vs. the Theft of an Author’s Identity

I would NOT proclaim that the identity theft angle is any kind of slam dunk... there can be some implied permission to attempt to steal the name and to copy whatever the fuck you like because the whole project is open source, including the name Satoshi Nakamoto...

Craig Wright takes this open source to another level...

“Open source” is only a copyright issue.  Whereas the confusion of plagiarism and copyright violation is a pet peeve of mine, one which I believe is deliberately promulgated by the copyright lobby.  Even the Cypherpunks Public License embodies this confusion, for which reason I have always disliked it.

For an extreme illustration of the difference in concepts:  The complete works of William Shakespeare are in the public domain.  You can legally copy them as much as you want, under any existing copyright law in the world.  But if you claim Shakespeare’s work as your own, under the byline of your name, then you can and will be expelled from university, have your university degrees retroactively revoked, and/or be fired from any type of intellectual job.  —And if you claim to be Shakespeare—not even the psychic reincarnation of Shakespeare, but William Shakespeare in the flesh!—then you should be committed to an asylum for the insane.

To extend that confusion from authorship credit to the theft of an author’s identity does no one any good.  Satoshi’s identity is a question of fact, not a legal question amenable to arguments over the licensing of copyrighted works.  Wright’s theft of Satoshi’s identity is factually false, and legally fraudulent (easily hitting all five traditional elements of common-law fraud, and any reasonable statutory definition of fraud that I can imagine).  The copyright status and licensing of Bitcoin’s source code is totally irrelevant—except insofar as Wright’s attempt to claim some IP rights over Bitcoin is predicated on his identity theft.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
I heard Wright replied he complying with the latest requests from the court because aliens impregnated him with his courtier'scourier's goat-baby.  ... or something like that?

Anyone have any details?
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
I could bring a sword (or a knife) to a gunfight, and I could still win, but damn is it hard, especially if the other guy puts some distance that I have to close.

Heck, unarmed, still possible, but even more difficult. Crazy even. Close range gunfighting is where it's at. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: