Pages:
Author

Topic: Pump and Dump. How to make a profit? - page 8. (Read 4264 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 05:31:14 PM
Hi. How can you recognize pumps and dumps for any coin? Is there any universal indicators? I mean to predict it. Maybe there are some non-market signs (banners, posts, etc.)
Should I avoid pumps and dumps or try to earn some money?
It would be interesting to know your opinion, guys! Thanks

Volatility price of bitcoin can make you a big profit because of the expensive price rising which bitcoiners are attracted to hold bitcoin now. Because holding bitcoin and sell it on the right time is the best way to earn bitcoin now. If you have bitcoin in the price of bitcoin is very expensive, you must consider as a millionaire that time because 20000$ is already 1M$.So l know everybody is excited to have bitcoin that time.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
January 27, 2018, 04:58:18 PM
it is hard to catch the right moment because it depends on your knowledge, your skill and your information. But I think that you just keep the trust with crypto and be patient in all case, you will get profit
If you are carefully watching a particular coin,you can very well tell whether the price would go up or not,if not you can assign a bot to look after the coins who you think have the potential simply because of the volume ,if you are not able to write a program just purchase trust able bots that could help you in trading.
Activity: 362
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 01:58:30 PM
Pump and dump are totally random and beneficial only for group of people who organize it. Decisions in trading should base on strong fundamental, tech analysis and own experience and not doubtful signals from private groups and chanels.
Activity: 71
January 27, 2018, 10:27:27 AM
I do not advise you to try to make money on pamp groups. Only the organizers of pumps earn on them. Perhaps you will be able to make some money at first, but in the end you will lose all your money. There are no honest pump groups.

This is true. DO what others have suggested and invest in ICOs if looking for short-term gains. Otherwise, invest in solid projects with a decent reputation like DeepOnion for example.
Activity: 174
Merit: 15
January 27, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
Once had an awful involvement with pump and dump coin on that devoted day the individual decided and I proceeded to buy it yet shockingly I was stuck in and couldn't till now so I am thinking about from that point forward whether pump and dump are beneficial or they are only an insignificant trap.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 10:02:43 AM
If the coin was dump untill it going to deep its time to by and Check the major resistance and you will sell that your coin that bought in the deep price so you have get profit
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
I do not advise you to try to make money on pamp groups. Only the organizers of pumps earn on them. Perhaps you will be able to make some money at first, but in the end you will lose all your money. There are no honest pump groups.
Activity: 56
January 27, 2018, 09:03:22 AM
To buy low, and sell high you have to be very fast, and continuously check the market. It`s pretty risky, especially with BTC, but can be more possible with altcoins. If you carefully choose the right coins due to their potential, price and market volume.
But again it`s not such huge profit. Yes, you can be lucky if you`ll buy really right altcoin at the lowest price, and then it`ll rise very high, but it`s pretty rarely. About Telegram channels, it`s tricky, many scams.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
January 27, 2018, 08:29:00 AM
it is pretty difficult and sometimes even impossible to predict. and joining the pumps is also a risky move too. but you know with big risks comes great rewards.

the trick is figuring when a coin is getting pumped. sometimes it starts with some sort of news. this an be quite weird and seemingly unrelated news such as the developers releasing a wallet for mobile! and sometimes it can be a predictable news like being listed on a big exchange, specially poloniex. that one will get pumped without a doubt.

then it comes to timing. to get in before the pump is over and buy as much as you can afford to lose and then getting out right before the pump ends or before the dump happens to be precise. that way you maximize your profit.

this is very difficult for beginners like me, how can we analyze them to pump a coin?

I often follow the signal from the pump and the dump but very few advantages that I get.
even a lot of what I experienced was a loss rather than profit itself.

how do you suggest as an expert in this matter?
I would suggest to read the website of the altcoin and its road when which will be your basis for the pump specially if the investors are really coming in to support the project. Rathe than following a pump and dump group.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 07:40:05 AM
Hi. How can you recognize pumps and dumps for any coin? Is there any universal indicators? I mean to predict it. Maybe there are some non-market signs (banners, posts, etc.)

Avoid pump and dumps sir. It needs a very perfect timing and you only have a very small chance to know their coins before it skyrockets and it does not also mean that their signals will work. It needs large numbers of members.
Activity: 89
Merit: 5
January 26, 2018, 09:25:53 PM
In fact, there ARE technical indicators which can predict pump and dump to some degrees of accuracy.
They are called money flow indicators, and trading volume.

The principle is:
Institutional investors or "whales" who are doing the pump, will first buy in large amount of coins at low price. To do this, they need to buy without increasing the price too much (or it will draw other people's attention too early, who then bulk buy and increase the price). This requires buying slowly in small bits, together with some price manipulation tactics (such as buy/sell wall, trick others to panic sell on a small scale, etc). These actions leave traces in the market data, which can be revealed by money flow indicators and trading volume.

To be more specific, this "accumulation" phase before the pump can be characterized by:
"Directionless" or even some downward price trend. Price won't show any sign of rocketing.
Money flow indicators show increase/positive trend, revealing that net money flow trend is positive/inward (or BTC flow in case if its altcoin-BTC market). This is because whales are pouring money (or BTC) in to buy the coins.
Relatively high trading volume. This is due to a combination of price manipulation and whale buying -- both increase trading volume.

In determining the actual case, there may be a little limitation. Whether trading volume is "high" or not, can only be judged with some average trading volume as "reference". If the coin is newly listed on exchange, or without ever undergone any major pump-dumps, there won't be reliable "reference" to compare with. Although you can use historical data of other coins with similar market cap listed on the same exchange for reference, it's not guaranteed to be accurate. In many cases, you can get a sense of typical trading volume only after a major pump-dump cycle.
But other than trading volume, money flow indicators + price trend can sometimes be accurate alone.

Another problem is, there are pump-dumps of different scales and duration. Big, rich and evil institutional investors can certainly set up a large scale billion-dollar pump-dump lasting for weeks or even months. But the little greedy scumbags on those Telegram pump-dump scam groups can also start their own small scale pump-dump, with no more than $1 million poured in and lasts only a few minutes. These pump-dumps of different scale have different degrees of impact on money flow indicators, price trend and trading volume. Usually the small scale ones are much harder to detect (because of their "lighter" trace), and the large scale ones are easier but take much more time to detect. Experience would greatly increase the confidence and accuracy here.

There are trading bots claiming to be able to detect pre pumps, but I don't know if they are good enough, or even really capable to do so. It's totally possible they are pure scams though.

Finally, if you want to make huge profits from pump-dump, the hardest part is not detecting the pre-pump accumulation, but grasping the right time to sell at the peak. Since during pump-dump, price rises and drops too rapidly, the sell window is surprisingly short (for the small scale ones, it can be only a few seconds, leaving you no time to even think and react). If selling early or late, you either miss huge profit, or even lose money when price crashes to floor at lightning speed.

For large scale pumps lasting at least several days, the correct signal for selling can be generally judged by: slowing down of price increase or price reversal, downward trend in money flow indicators, and slowing down of trading volume increase, or even decreasing trading volume. But there is no hard threshold, and the case is different for each pump-dump, leaving you much lower certainty and higher risk.

One very important thing here is overcoming your greed and fear when the price is really high. If you ignore the warning indications of price reversal, hope the price can increase further and decide to hold, you may lose all the profits in a blink when price crashes. If it's a useless shitcoin, you may never regain your profit or money, because the shitcoin will be dead forever after this single pump and dump.

And nowadays, those evil pump-and-dumpers developed more sophisticated techniques. Sometimes, instead of making a "textbook style" pump with a single price peak, they will induce one or more small price crashes midway before reaching the ultimate ATH, or induce one or more price reversals midway during the big crash, to deceive other innocent investors so they can make further profit. One example is the January pump of Binance exchange's own coin (BNB), you can clearly see the abnormal price changes around the price peak. These factors greatly complicated the peak conditions, making it more difficult to determine the right time to sell. If not reacting properly, you can easily suffer huge loss to these crazy price manipulations.

All these are reasons why picking the correct time to sell at peak, is much harder than detecting the pre-pump.

If you think my information is useful, I would appreciate a little BTC donation.  Grin
Activity: 172
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
January 26, 2018, 05:04:35 AM
it is hard to catch the right moment because it depends on your knowledge, your skill and your information. But I think that you just keep the trust with crypto and be patient in all case, you will get profit
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
January 26, 2018, 04:32:24 AM
It's really hard to identify whether its pump and dump or no.But nowadays there are some group who are trying to do this in the market.They are building some community to hype the market and investors to pump the value of one crypto currency then sell during the time they reached their target.
Activity: 108
January 26, 2018, 01:54:59 AM
I think in the case of new coin on the floor, the price is very low, coin free will be discharged quickly, many people want to have money, but do not buy rush, choose the lowest price purchase. After a good time, prices will increase or decrease depending on market value and team work. They will inject less money into the coin. You can dispose of it when it is available
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
January 26, 2018, 01:49:06 AM
It is hard to predict market because it work to follow the news. I realized that there are many people do not have enough knowledge and skill. They read or hear some fake news in market and they sell their coins immediately. So, I think the best way to succeed in this market is that you have to have a good knowledge and experience
I think we had to be  more temperate about the flow of the price so that can easily grab the opportunity of gaining and maybe someday we can really easily determined about the right time of selling and buying due to the flow of the present price i really believe that we can really gain on it in a verry simple way through buying and selling.
Don't panic when crashes happens, if you believed in your coins, and you did analyze it and how it's roadmap and progress will do then there's nothing to worry about, i prefee holding my coins till their project fully developed and got into real business since it sure pump. Always get updated on your coins progress and don't easily believes on fud, do some research as much as possible to avoid more loss.
Activity: 392
January 26, 2018, 01:45:06 AM
The only way to make profit is not to be too greedy, but don't waste your time, money on pump and dump as it can rekt you... Its better to invest in a promising project like Arcblock that is certain to moon because of the use case and new technology they are bringing into cryptocurrency sphere
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
January 26, 2018, 01:13:57 AM
It is hard to predict market because it work to follow the news. I realized that there are many people do not have enough knowledge and skill. They read or hear some fake news in market and they sell their coins immediately. So, I think the best way to succeed in this market is that you have to have a good knowledge and experience
I think we had to be  more temperate about the flow of the price so that can easily grab the opportunity of gaining and maybe someday we can really easily determined about the right time of selling and buying due to the flow of the present price i really believe that we can really gain on it in a verry simple way through buying and selling.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
January 26, 2018, 12:15:08 AM
Activity: 342
January 25, 2018, 11:43:34 PM
Major dumps happens when whales dumps their holding and will trigger stop loss.  If you study TRON, a good example of  pump and dump; but if you look at dump coins, their dont go anywhere for period of time. Better to trade in coins with no pump and dump.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
January 25, 2018, 11:25:24 PM
If your an experienced trader, you can try trend following which
you can take advantage of pump and dump. It would also be useful
to protect your money by setting a stop loss.
Pages:
Jump to: